Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603538 times)

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5280 on: July 3, 2018, 08:41:32 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5281 on: July 3, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »
So... anybody know any other ball games to keep me occupied from October to June next year?
curling?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5282 on: July 4, 2018, 01:05:48 am »
Jimmy Buttler will not resign with the Wolves next year, fed up with KAT and Wiggins

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5283 on: July 4, 2018, 06:37:23 am »
It’s basketball.
Anyone else seen this?  :-X

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/video/2018/jul/02/mass-brawl-australia-v-philippines-basketball-game-video

Madness. Those members of the Filipino coaching staff who attacked the Australian player with chairs and kicked him on the ground deserve jail time. Or for someone to call them a drug dealer.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #5284 on: July 4, 2018, 07:59:06 am »
Jimmy Buttler will not resign with the Wolves next year, fed up with KAT and Wiggins

Any juicy info to share?
I had no idea there was drama behind the scenes in Minnesota.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: July 4, 2018, 08:36:24 am »
curling?

I was looking at lawn bowls but there might be a winter break

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: July 4, 2018, 10:31:19 am »
Any juicy info to share?
I had no idea there was drama behind the scenes in Minnesota.

Espn reports that he doesnt like the non chalant attitude from the younger players and that he is interested in playing with Kyrie

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: July 4, 2018, 11:37:35 am »
Espn reports that he doesnt like the non chalant attitude from the younger players and that he is interested in playing with Kyrie
He is probably joining Knicks next summer along with Kyrie. By the way I have no idea what Jimmy Butler deserved to get this huge respect from fans, I really don't rate him as high as other people. If anything he should call out his own Thibs first for bringing all available Bulls players out there, Wolves record didn't even change when he was injured for a long time last season. Even Minny fans actually dislike him for the way he wanted to bully Ricky Rubio when Rubio came back to Minny with Jazz. I think Butler is actually the biggest dickhead in that team and whoever signs him long term will regret big time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5288 on: July 6, 2018, 07:53:24 pm »
Woj reporting that OKC will be parting ways with Melo this summer

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5289 on: July 6, 2018, 08:38:07 pm »
Tony Parker off to Charlotte!!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: July 6, 2018, 08:57:13 pm »
Tony Parker off to Charlotte!!!

Yup, not sad at all about that.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5291 on: July 6, 2018, 09:04:04 pm »
Yup, not sad at all about that.
Now married Hornets players should be concerned

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5292 on: July 6, 2018, 09:30:08 pm »
Tony Parker Agrees To Two-Year, $10M Deal With Hornets

Thunder, Carmelo Anthony Will Work Together On Exit

Ian Clark Agrees Upon One-Year Deal With Pelicans

Kyle O'Quinn Agrees To One-Year, $4.5M Deal With Pacers

Kings Will Pivot To Trades With $17M In Cap Space

Gary Trent Jr. Agrees Upon Three-Year Deal With Blazers

Marcus Smart Frustrated He Hasn't Heard From Celtics In Free Agency

Luc Mbah A Moute Remains Interested In Re-Signing With Rockets

Knicks Interested In Playing Kristaps Porzingis Minutes At Small Forward

Kawhi Leonard's Preference Between Lakers, Clippers Remains Disputed

LeBron James Not Currently Pressuring Lakers To Acquire 2nd Star

Celtics Have Top-5 Players Off Limits In Trade Talks For Kawhi Leonard

Lakers Outlined To LeBron James Plan To Surround Him With Playmakers

Kings Serious About Signing Zach LaVine To Offer Sheet

76ers Agree To Sign Nemanja Bjelica To One-Year, $4.4M Deal

Lonzo Ball's Camp Might Have Leaked Meniscus Injury To Prevent Trade From Lakers

Jeanie Buss Remains 'Fiercely Loyal' To Luke Walton

Amir Johnson Re-Signs With 76ers On One-Year Deal

Warriors Internally Rejected Idea Of Signing Dwight Howard

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5293 on: July 6, 2018, 09:47:42 pm »
Now married Hornets players should be concerned
;D

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5294 on: July 8, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
LeBron James Not Currently Pressuring Lakers To Acquire 2nd Star

Think that's smart, to be fair. Spurs are the ones who need to trade Kawhi asap and Lakers don't want to seem overly desperate or they'll get fleeced.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5296 on: July 11, 2018, 03:32:31 am »
Think that's smart, to be fair. Spurs are the ones who need to trade Kawhi asap and Lakers don't want to seem overly desperate or they'll get fleeced.
I have a feeling Lebron rates Ingram a lot and really wants Lakers to keep him.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #5297 on: July 11, 2018, 05:12:12 am »

I hope they get someone, but don't get fleeced. I really admire how Golden State built a great franchise with outrageously smart draft picks...but 5 all stars is just too much now.

Spurs are apparently asking for  Kuzma, Hart, Ingram and 3 future first round draft picks! That would be insanity. Ingram, Hart or Lonzo, 2 first round picks would be steep, but just about worth it, as Leonard and Lebron would be fucking beautiful to watch together. With Rondo at the point, the western conference round 1 could already be unreal to watch.

I think LA should hold on to Kuzma at all costs. I don't think he's going to be an all NBA player by any means, but has a legit shot at being an all star a few years from now.

Lonzo no one seems to want, partly weird jump shot, partly nutcase father being the reasons.

The way the roster is set up though, they could easily bring in Leonard on a free next year with all these guys maturing, and then freeing up some more cap space and getting in an all star guard.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: July 11, 2018, 05:15:27 am »
I have a feeling Lebron rates Ingram a lot and really wants Lakers to keep him.

The risk of course is at this point does anyone really know when Lebron starts to drop off?

His draft class are already coaches and approaching the end. Lebron has done an outrageous job of keeping himself in tip top shape, and doesn't seem to be on the magic stuff these oldies in tennis are these days.

If Lebron has 3-4 years at his peak, he needs to do everything he can to get a championship. Although in fairness, getting in Leonard and even a smart veteran minimum shooter could mean a 4-0 loss against the warriors (if they play them) with Boogey in the team. They have 4 of the top 15 players in the league. That's just insane.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: July 11, 2018, 05:17:01 am »
He is probably joining Knicks next summer along with Kyrie. By the way I have no idea what Jimmy Butler deserved to get this huge respect from fans, I really don't rate him as high as other people. If anything he should call out his own Thibs first for bringing all available Bulls players out there, Wolves record didn't even change when he was injured for a long time last season. Even Minny fans actually dislike him for the way he wanted to bully Ricky Rubio when Rubio came back to Minny with Jazz. I think Butler is actually the biggest dickhead in that team and whoever signs him long term will regret big time.

Read his life story. He deserves respect from everyone. NBA has a lot of rags to riches stories. This guy is in a league of his own though.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5300 on: July 11, 2018, 08:19:37 am »
https://www.thenation.com/article/draymond-greens-friends-idf-sponsored-trip-israel/

Scumbag.

Strange. Or not.
Sometimes we assume athletes are clued up about the world outside of basketball.
Green is a thinkers man baller, but unlike other athletes that can be intelligent on and off the court, he seems slightly dim when discussing issues not related to basketball.  Which gives me yet another opportunity to highlight how fortunate many of todays players are in playing in the Lebron era. You won't catch him doing  a faux pas remotely similar to what Green just managed. Perfect example of how not to use your public profile.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5301 on: July 11, 2018, 12:28:49 pm »
Doc, is O'Quinn a good pick up?

On paper, our bench looks really solid. Joseph/Holiday, McBuckets, Tyreke Evans, Sabonis, O'Quinn.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5302 on: July 11, 2018, 01:03:39 pm »
Josh Hart is killing it in Lakers Summer League, I hope we don’t trade any of our young lads for Leonard. I’m happy with Roster going into new season. Playoff team at the least.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5303 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:41 pm »

On paper, our bench looks really solid. Joseph/Holiday, McBuckets, Tyreke Evans, Sabonis, O'Quinn.

Shit, did he not resign with us?
And he signed for you fellas?
Dammit.

Really liked him, immensely respected off the court and gave his absolute all on the court.
He's actually very effective in his backup role, so don't just look at his numbers per game, he'll pick up rebounds during his time on the court and will make sure the opponents will feel his screens.

Really disappointed by his shift, but not too hard to understand.
Next year we're pretty much in tank mode, and he's good enough to be a useful pickup for a team trying to go places.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5304 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:59 am »

Great pickup. Hustles like there is no tomorrow, really underrated passer who finds backdoor cuts, grabs boards, brings toughness and defense. He can score around the basket, he can play both PF&C, great locker room presence too. For that price it's one of the best signings of this summer imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5305 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:27 am »
Read his life story. He deserves respect from everyone. NBA has a lot of rags to riches stories. This guy is in a league of his own though.
I didn't mean his life story and I doubt most fans have any idea about it.

His ego is massive and it never felt like he was a calm and constructive figure in locker room be it in Bulls or Wolves. It seems like he let his fame get to him and he became unlikeable dude now. He has a problem with someone no matter where he goes and who he plays with.I respect him for believing in himself and raising his bar but he always seem angry and just talks way too much about his teammates. You were out for almost half of the season and you talk about your franchise player KAT and put him down when Wiggins is maxed out and does nothing on defense and ot efficient offensively either. Wolves offense has zero movement because he loves ISO and he hesitates to pass the ball to KAT. Jimmy Butler is not the way NBA has been going last few years. He is a bit dickhead and acts like Mr. Tough guy, I literally can't see him getting along with anybody.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:20 am »
The risk of course is at this point does anyone really know when Lebron starts to drop off?

His draft class are already coaches and approaching the end. Lebron has done an outrageous job of keeping himself in tip top shape, and doesn't seem to be on the magic stuff these oldies in tennis are these days.

If Lebron has 3-4 years at his peak, he needs to do everything he can to get a championship. Although in fairness, getting in Leonard and even a smart veteran minimum shooter could mean a 4-0 loss against the warriors (if they play them) with Boogey in the team. They have 4 of the top 15 players in the league. That's just insane.
The way he's been taking care of his body and conditioning, I won't be surprised if he plays at high level until he is 40.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5308 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:12 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5309 on: July 13, 2018, 10:05:06 am »
From Woj:

Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.

Wow, surprised he went that kow for 1 year, that's even less than veteran's minimum but I suppose he is not even fully healthy.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5310 on: July 13, 2018, 11:26:14 am »
From Woj:

Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.

Wow, surprised he went that kow for 1 year, that's even less than veteran's minimum but I suppose he is not even fully healthy.

Yeah it's crazy, he was looking at a ~$150m contract with Boston last summer after the play-offs. If he can perform anywhere close to his final season at Boston he'll be a great addition, huge if though.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5311 on: July 13, 2018, 12:46:16 pm »
Yeah it's crazy, he was looking at a ~$150m contract with Boston last summer after the play-offs. If he can perform anywhere close to his final season at Boston he'll be a great addition, huge if though.
I know he didn't shut his mouth and didn't do things perfectly himself but I feel sorry for the guy though. That Celtics trade screwed him over big time. He may throw the basketball at Ainge next time Nuggets play at Celtics.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5312 on: July 17, 2018, 02:20:55 pm »
Lakers going for second summer league, Josh Hart last night was boss.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5313 on: July 17, 2018, 02:24:18 pm »
Toronto are the front runners to get a deal done for Kawhi, according to Brian Windhorst and and Zach Lowe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5314 on: July 18, 2018, 11:49:13 am »
Toronto close to getting a deal done with Spurs, trade involving DeRozan,

Between this and Alisson, the f5 button will no longer be here by the end of the day

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: July 18, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »
Toronto close to getting a deal done with Spurs, trade involving DeRozan,

Between this and Alisson, the f5 button will no longer be here by the end of the day
derozan very pissed off, to be fair he was told a few weeks ago they weren’t trading him, he bought a nice house in Mississauga a while ago and is very settled there (has a young daughter who I think is at school now) so totally understandable why he’s really fucked off

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5316 on: July 18, 2018, 01:23:17 pm »
Hopefully DeRozan gets motivated enough to perform this year.

Deal is done, DeRozan plus other players [unnamed yet] per Woj

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #5317 on: July 18, 2018, 01:53:14 pm »
We are getting a player who doesn't want to play here and giving away our best ever player. Masai is the reason we have even got anywhere in the playoffs, so Ill trust in him. But it sure is fucked up.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5318 on: July 18, 2018, 02:30:45 pm »
Kawhi and Green for DeRozan,2019 unprotected first round pick and Jakob Poeltl

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5319 on: July 18, 2018, 02:31:59 pm »
Well, I don't think anybody saw this one coming a month ago.