Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 v Southampton 1 Bobby 5', Adams, Nunez 20, 41'  (Read 14542 times)

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 v Southampton 1 Bobby 5', Adams, Nunez 20, 41'
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2022, 10:22:14 pm »

Michael Bridges,according to this.https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/epl-commentators-on-nbc-nov-12-and-13-20221111-WST-407840.html

My stream was SuperSport which is South African, not sure if they use the same commentators for different countries though.  Deffo sounded like Brown though as I've heard him on the radio.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2022, 10:25:19 pm »
Michael Brown grew up a Liverpool fan. Mentioned it years ago on Soccer AM when I used to watch it.

Wow a Mancunian who supported Liverpool!!  He was complimentary about us in his own dour sounding way though (I'm sure it was him)!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2022, 11:16:51 pm »
Lovely stuff. Robertson was fantastic and very nicely taken goals. Alisson is just phenomenal.

He has to be up there with the best keepers this league has ever seen. I think he’s better than Schmeichel who used to be number one for me. There is just so much more to his game than the other candidates.
Thanks to Alisson for the win. Phenom!
The defence looked all at sea.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2022, 11:27:59 pm »
Sides just ease their way now from their own 30 yard line to the edge of our box, and then we're just waiting for them to have a shot.  It's almost like some of our side feel inconvenienced by the need to defend.  Really poor.  We were terrific with the ball, but our success under Jurgen has been the aggression we have had to win the ball back - I just don't see that right now.  Ali MOTM.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2022, 12:12:57 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/ytetv7/bellakotchap_challenge_on_salah_not_given_as_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

If the club does not stand up and raise a stink about this, especially as Klopp has actually been unfairly targeted by the FA for exactly highlighting this, then they deserve it to continue really. Maybe they don't care?

Agree that it’s a clear penalty. Mo does his best to contact the ball and is pulled down. He does his utmost to stay on his feet but the defender brings him down. How anyone watching that doesn’t see it as a penalty is beyond me. It’s ridiculous that VAR didn’t highlight it as a probable penalty.
#JFT97

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2022, 01:00:08 am »
Whoever it was made a couple stupid comments, one of them about Nunez, around the 70 min mark, asking if he should have scored more goals by this stage of the season. And something about not liking or wanting to see ‘that kind of football’ when Thiago tried to do something fancy that didn’t come off!

Tbf...so did John Aldridge on LFC audio commentary.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2022, 01:00:41 am »
I think I am right when I say that not only has Jota not scored this season but Alexander-Arnold has no assists either
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2022, 02:59:24 am »
Think I had the Manc Michael Brown on my stream?  He was rather complementary about us, I thought he'd be against us!
I just rewatched the game and paid attention to the commentators' names.  It was indeed Michael Brown (on Fubo). 

He was very good imo, in the sense he actually noticed when we played well and complimented our players on quite a few occasions. Did the same with Southampton.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2022, 04:21:57 am »
fuck it lads, our squad needs refreshing as we’re looking a bit old, and hasn’t Ox been gone for ages?

Good win. Stoked for Darwin.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2022, 05:39:36 am »
State of some of the teams above us I'm not even sure of that right now. City are all over the place and who knows what kind of rhythm Arsenal will be in when the season restarts?

Think we've left it a little too late sadly. City are on course for 86 points as of now, which is 2.6 PPG. We're currently on 1.6 PPG, to get to 87 we'd have to be on 2.7 PPG for the rest of the season.

And even that won't be enough if City improve slightly.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2022, 09:19:45 am »
fuck it lads, our squad needs refreshing as we’re looking a bit old, and hasn’t Ox been gone for ages?

Good win. Stoked for Darwin.

Don’t say it too loud as people on here likes him and still giving the excuse it was due to an injury he sustained 5 years ago.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2022, 09:52:22 am »
Sides just ease their way now from their own 30 yard line to the edge of our box, and then we're just waiting for them to have a shot.  It's almost like some of our side feel inconvenienced by the need to defend.  Really poor.  We were terrific with the ball, but our success under Jurgen has been the aggression we have had to win the ball back - I just don't see that right now.  Ali MOTM.

It's something to work on during the camp.

The fitness levels are the problem, we're a yard off this season and being outrun every week. It's also a combination of a lack of legs in the middle of the park, ageing players and fatigue from last season. Hopefully the fitness levels will improve after Christmas, although a key culprit in Fabinho will be going to the World Cup.

We showed against Man City the level we're capable of playing at when we raise our game, go back to basics and the concentration levels are there. We also did it at Spurs first half but were physically gone in the second half. We're struggling over 90 minutes and having to play in bursts.

Also I think it's helped when we've played the top sides because they're playing all the CL midweeks as well. City look off it and Spurs didn't turn up until the last half hour after making changes last week. The likes of Leeds outrunning us have had free midweeks and are therefore fresher for that as well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 09:55:28 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2022, 10:23:04 am »
Don’t say it too loud as people on here likes him and still giving the excuse it was due to an injury he sustained 5 years ago.

Harsh. Injuries have clearly wrecked his game. An LFC supporters forum supporting a player who has always been professional and represented the club well is hardly a shock is it?

Anyway, nice to go into this farcical WC on a win.
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2022, 10:48:02 am »
So important to get the win so that we don't have 6 weeks to dwell on a bad result. We were great at various points during the game, but our usual problems were still there which Southampton exploited. Alisson imperious as usual, and Darwin looks better each week.

The City game is the yardstick, as it showed that despite being written off by some, this team can do it for 90 minutes against anyone. We didn't do anything spectacular that game in terms of tactics or plays, we simply did everything well and found the consistency we've lacked all season. Do that against other teams and we'll keep climbing the table after the WC, and then who knows what might happen.

Lots of teams have started well, but it'll be interesting to see if the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle have the stamina (or mentality) to keep it up, and whether City will suffer with most of their players going to Qatar.

We've shown before in Spring 2021 that we can put a great run of results together in difficult circumstances and after lots of injuries, and that was without a 6 week break. This is now the proper preseason we didn't have, plus time for minds and bodies to recharge, Jurgen and his staff to get the players back to their consistent best, and the medical/fitness team to hopefully get everyone fit and firing. Diaz, Jota and Konate will also make a huge difference, and hopefully Ox/Keita can spend their last 6 months giving Jurgen the options and performances he's not had from them for a long time.

Onwards and upwards. The quadruple is still on  ;)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2022, 11:43:54 am »
It's something to work on during the camp.

The fitness levels are the problem, we're a yard off this season and being outrun every week. It's also a combination of a lack of legs in the middle of the park, ageing players and fatigue from last season. Hopefully the fitness levels will improve after Christmas, although a key culprit in Fabinho will be going to the World Cup.

We showed against Man City the level we're capable of playing at when we raise our game, go back to basics and the concentration levels are there. We also did it at Spurs first half but were physically gone in the second half. We're struggling over 90 minutes and having to play in bursts.

Also I think it's helped when we've played the top sides because they're playing all the CL midweeks as well. City look off it and Spurs didn't turn up until the last half hour after making changes last week. The likes of Leeds outrunning us have had free midweeks and are therefore fresher for that as well.

Against City and Napoli we ceded ground, were much more compact and showed that when we drop deep, restrict space but give up the ball then we can still defend well. Our problem is however that when we are required to be front foot, our pressing has gone to shit a bit, we can’t cover the gaps and if anything the gaps are getting bigger as the defence panics and drops back.

Structurally we haven’t seen anything even in our form recently, which is decent, that suggests we have rectified these issues. Thankfully getting players like Jota, Konate back should help immensely.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2022, 12:06:15 pm »
Against City and Napoli we ceded ground, were much more compact and showed that when we drop deep, restrict space but give up the ball then we can still defend well. Our problem is however that when we are required to be front foot, our pressing has gone to shit a bit, we can’t cover the gaps and if anything the gaps are getting bigger as the defence panics and drops back.

Structurally we haven’t seen anything even in our form recently, which is decent, that suggests we have rectified these issues. Thankfully getting players like Jota, Konate back should help immensely.

Unfortunately those who have legs are lacking in experience and there is now a skills gap in our midfield.

I don’t know what else we could do other than buying in order to plug that gap.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2022, 12:37:33 pm »

Yeah, i've said myself i'd rather we just stayed compact in league games and concentrated on keeping clean sheets, given our current weaknesses. Do that and the wins follow because we've always got a goal in us in the league, especially with Nunez and Salah on the pitch. Problem so often is we give a stupid early goal away and then we're left chasing the game and even more ripe to be picked off.

I remember early last season we were having those 2-2/3-3 draws and were just too open. Then after West Ham away (3-2 defeat) we became a lot more compact and had a solid defensive record after that. We won the next 6 games conceding only 2 goals. Then from January up to the Spurs home game we kept 12 clean sheets out of 15 and won all those 12 games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2022, 02:33:23 pm »
Couple of decent Saints players on show if we still have any of those Southampton vouchers left...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2022, 02:39:01 pm »
Only just watched this as I was working yesterday, how the fuck was the pen not given on Salah? I had 5 Live on and they were saying how because Mo doesn't go down, he doesn't get pens, but if he does they say he goes down easy. It's a good job they got the 1 match ban for Jurgen as he might have killed an official yesterday.

I could get why a ref might not see it if Mo has left him for dead, but VAR has no excuse to not see it and not give it. Its an obvious mistake as well.

As for the game, Nunez and Mo at times remind me of Collymore and Fowler when they were at their best in 1996, Stan used to put in some great balls for God and also scored for fun. Luckily Darwin doesn't have the issues Stan had and will be a superstar here.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2022, 02:04:50 am »
Nice result to sign off on, was about what I expected because Southampton do have a bit of talent. Watching the 10-minute highlights, it didn't look as comfortable as it seemed at the time; I'm not sure I love us relying on Ali making 2-3 world class point-blank saves to get a result. The Mo non-penalty is such a joke, it really is. One rule for him, one rule for nearly everyone else, another rule for ADFC.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2022, 02:15:15 am »
I think I am right when I say that not only has Jota not scored this season but Alexander-Arnold has no assists either

Yeah, to be fair, Jota's only had 2 league starts - and got 1 assist from that. He's been an assist machine in the CL, with 4 in just 180 minutes of play - he assisted all of Mo's record hat trick, which means there's a fair chance Jota is also the record-holder for fastest CL assist hat-trick! No goals, though.

You're correct that TAA has no assists in any competitions, which is quite alarming.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2022, 07:56:45 am »
You're correct that TAA has no assists in any competitions, which is quite alarming.
He's had a dip but I think there's been some poor finishing in that time as well. He's still creating chances.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2022, 08:00:09 am »
Offering mitigation is not the same as suggesting he's anything other than a peripheral squad player these days. I'm always bemused at the idea that we should give our players a battering for being injury prone - Keita gets a similar hard time.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2022, 08:46:57 am »
Offering mitigation is not the same as suggesting he's anything other than a peripheral squad player these days. I'm always bemused at the idea that we should give our players a battering for being injury prone - Keita gets a similar hard time.

They shoot horses, don’t they? ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2022, 09:45:05 am »
Only just watched this as I was working yesterday, how the fuck was the pen not given on Salah? I had 5 Live on and they were saying how because Mo doesn't go down, he doesn't get pens, but if he does they say he goes down easy. It's a good job they got the 1 match ban for Jurgen as he might have killed an official yesterday.

I could get why a ref might not see it if Mo has left him for dead, but VAR has no excuse to not see it and not give it. Its an obvious mistake as well.

As for the game, Nunez and Mo at times remind me of Collymore and Fowler when they were at their best in 1996, Stan used to put in some great balls for God and also scored for fun. Luckily Darwin doesn't have the issues Stan had and will be a superstar here.
It's getting ridiculous now, and I'm sick of saying that I hope the club do something about it. At least it sounds like 5 Live have attempted to discuss the ridiculous inquests we get when he does actually get a pen - perhaps they could have a word with their own pundits that contribute to the noise.

Collymore and Fowler - spot on, and I thought exactly the same when he put that ball in for Salah's chance.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2022, 09:45:24 am »
It's just hit home that we don't play again for 36 days.  What a load of shit.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2022, 09:51:20 am »
It's just hit home that we don't play again for 36 days.  What a load of shit.

Hopefully give Jota and Diaz time to get fit, something of a sliver lining.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2022, 10:40:55 am »
It's getting ridiculous now, and I'm sick of saying that I hope the club do something about it. At least it sounds like 5 Live have attempted to discuss the ridiculous inquests we get when he does actually get a pen - perhaps they could have a word with their own pundits that contribute to the noise.

Collymore and Fowler - spot on, and I thought exactly the same when he put that ball in for Salah's chance.

It is getting beyond a joke but with the ex SYP Manc lover in charge, we've got no chance of getting anything changed from the refs.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2022, 10:48:19 am »

Agree that VAR should have pointed it out to the ref. The reasons I heard were mainly that "it wasn't enough to give a penalty" which really means that Mo should have been able to fight off the foul and get his shot away. However you could see Mo doing his best to get his foot to the ball and it was clearly a foul that affected him getting a good strike. The same people said that KdB was "clever" when he dived. KdB was a clear dive and the contact did not make him jump into the air after the contact. Mo stayed on his feet until dragged down. One was a dive (KdB) and the other was a player who tried his best to stay on his feet.

Mo gets a lot of idiotic criticism about "diving" yet when you look at the majority of the incidents, he tries to stay on his feet and rarely gets a foul  awarded. On the other hand you see players flop to the ground (like KdB) when they feel the merest of touches or they simulate and pretend that they were fouled.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 10:57:37 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2022, 10:53:15 am »
Agree that VAR should have pointed it out to the ref. The reasons I heard were mainly that "it wasn't enough to give a penalty" which really means that Mo should have been able to fight off the foul and get his shot away. However you could see Mo doing his best to get his foot to the ball and it was clearly a foul that affected him getting a good strike. The same people said that KdB was "clever" when he dived. KdB was a clear dive and the contact did not make him jump into the air after the contact. Mo stayed on his feet until dragged down. One was a dive (KdB) and the other was a player who tried his best to stay on his feet.

Mo gets a lot of idiotic criticism about staying on his feet yet when you look at the majority of the incidents, he tries to stay on his feet and rarely gets a foul  awarded. On the other hand you see players flop to the ground (like KdB) when they feel the merest of touches or they simulate and pretend that they were fouled.

In the Fulham/Utd game yesterday, there was a slight pull on Fatty, he kept going until he was tackled and the ref (Manc loving Tierney) gave the Mancs a freekick.

No bias against us though, no siree

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2022, 10:55:34 am »
It is getting beyond a joke but with the ex SYP Manc lover in charge, we've got no chance of getting anything changed from the refs.
Thing is, I wouldn't expect the club to go public with any complaint, it would just create yet another feeding frenzy of "debate" that we would no doubt end up on the wrong side of. But, on a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that the club are having these discussions with PGMOL/the PL behind the scenes?

Some of the reffing we've had to contend with has become so ridiculous and so obvious when compared with how similar incidents are reffed, that we should be able to make fairly convincing case to present.

We don't even have to be demonstrative, we just have to request that the laws are applied and that we are reffed in the same way as other clubs, starting with an explanation of why the last 2 assaults on Salah we're seen as not being against the LOTG.

In answer to my question, I'm around 2/10. Sometimes we don't help ourselves.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2022, 11:13:47 am »
Thing is, I wouldn't expect the club to go public with any complaint, it would just create yet another feeding frenzy of "debate" that we would no doubt end up on the wrong side of. But, on a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that the club are having these discussions with PGMOL/the PL behind the scenes?

Some of the reffing we've had to contend with has become so ridiculous and so obvious when compared with how similar incidents are reffed, that we should be able to make fairly convincing case to present.

We don't even have to be demonstrative, we just have to request that the laws are applied and that we are reffed in the same way as other clubs, starting with an explanation of why the last 2 assaults on Salah we're seen as not being against the LOTG.

In answer to my question, I'm around 2/10. Sometimes we don't help ourselves.

I don't see any point in the club complaining to the PGMOL/PL, as for me they are like Magistrates and the Police, in that they don't take kindly to you questioning their officials. My Dad got a ticket for parking his bus in a bus stop (seriously) as he was doing a sweep, as told to, due to the IRA blowing up a bus in London - he decided to fight it in court and the magistrate doubled the fine as he had the cheek to question the bizzies reasons for the ticket and refusal to apply common sense.

If we go to the PGMOL/PL, they'll just double down on us and be bigger twats than they are now - we need the media to back Mo and that's never going to happen, wrong nationality and all that shite.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2022, 11:52:25 am »
With Salah not getting decisions, I'm reminded of the title challenge season with Suarez. Exactly the same thing was happening, Suarez kept getting fouled and not getting penalties, it was absolutely ridiculous. I can remember one incident where O'Shea clearly clipped Suarez, it was a blatant penalty, then O'Shea has the brass neck to jump up and down and point at Suarez complaining about diving. Suarez getting rugby tackled by Lescott in the penalty area in the last minute in a title-deciding game away at City, nothing given. All the while Gareth Bale was flinging himself all the over the place and not a word is said.

Outrageous, and it all stemmed from Fergie having one look at Suarez, thinking he's going to be a problem, and labeling him a diver. The same thing with Salah, he's too good, so he gets labeled as a diver despite Kane being many times worse, so the press starts their "diving" campaign and the officials can start denying Liverpool obvious decisions. I don't think it's wholly a racist thing, it's also related to the club. I'd be fascinated to see what would happen to the foul stats for someone like Grealish or Kane is they signed for us, they'd plummet as if off a cliff.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 12:05:08 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2022, 11:55:55 am »
Nice result to sign off on, was about what I expected because Southampton do have a bit of talent. Watching the 10-minute highlights, it didn't look as comfortable as it seemed at the time; I'm not sure I love us relying on Ali making 2-3 world class point-blank saves to get a result. The Mo non-penalty is such a joke, it really is. One rule for him, one rule for nearly everyone else, another rule for ADFC.

Yep - this was key. I spoke in the preview about not really feeling as though much could be taken from the goal-hauls against Bournemouth and Ranger, or even the win against City - the wins against Napoli and Spurs offered more encouragement I think, and this third win almost feels like momentum. Means we end part one of the season on a slight uptick, and hopefully we can reset and return refreshed in late December.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2022, 11:59:31 am »
Glad we ended this run upto WC with a win.

Read somewhere we've actually won 8 out of our past 11 games - just doesn't feel like that I suppose with the teams we lost to barring Arsenal (even that was annoying in how it happened)

Happy for Nunez's brace, second half we looked a bit open at times but overall can't ask for more. Got a nice chance to reset and hopefully target a player or two in Jan

Also quite happy no football that matters now for a month
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2022, 12:02:18 pm »
I can't forget this fucking loss against Leeds/Forest
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2022, 12:43:27 pm »
I don't see any point in the club complaining to the PGMOL/PL, as for me they are like Magistrates and the Police, in that they don't take kindly to you questioning their officials. My Dad got a ticket for parking his bus in a bus stop (seriously) as he was doing a sweep, as told to, due to the IRA blowing up a bus in London - he decided to fight it in court and the magistrate doubled the fine as he had the cheek to question the bizzies reasons for the ticket and refusal to apply common sense.

If we go to the PGMOL/PL, they'll just double down on us and be bigger twats than they are now - we need the media to back Mo and that's never going to happen, wrong nationality and all that shite.
I know what you're saying, but I think we need to make ourselves such bastards to deal with that they wouldn't dare try any repercussions. We're a big draw for the league, we create lots of interest. Demand that we're reffed properly and tell them in no uncertain terms we'll be watching like a fucking hawk for any attempts at petty revenge.

We've got nothing to lose, because it can't get much worse.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2022, 01:45:01 pm »
For the record, a neat little push/pull/shirt grab combo:

It is another classic asssault on Salah that is ignored due to Mo's determination to stay on his feet.  :(

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2022, 01:47:18 pm »
For the record, a neat little push/pull/shirt grab combo:

It is another classic asssault on Salah that is ignored due to Mo's determination to stay on his feet.  :(

"I don't see too much in that."

(it's near impossible to believe at this point)