Author Topic: LFC Squad - World Cup Break  (Read 45260 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Squad - World Cup Break
« Reply #40 on: November 7, 2022, 12:39:34 pm »
https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1589525449885253633

Alisson, Fabinho and Firmino seemingly all in the 26 man squad.

Does that get knocked down to 22/23?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 7, 2022, 12:40:18 pm »
Does that get knocked down to 22/23?

You're allowed to have 26 players if you want to these days.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: November 7, 2022, 03:53:04 pm »
Konate might go now. Varane is out.

No he isn't

I think the only people getting call up are as follows

Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Fabinho, Henderson, Firmino, Nunez

Thiago hasn't been called up at all, Manager doesnt seem to rate him in his system. Konate is probably on the cusp but having been out for injury I doubt he gets called up. French CBs will probably be Varane, Kounde, Upamecano, L. Hernandez, Kimpembe, Saliba and he might even only take 5 as Pavard can play RB and CB in which case even less of a chance Konate makes it

Trent wouldn't have gone if Walker and James didnt pick up bad injuries right before, but Trippier will start

I think the only people who will get lots of minutes during this WC is Alisson, Virgil and Nunez. I looked at all the top 6 teams including Newcastle and we have the least amount of players getting minutes at this WC by a long shot. Chelsea are the most fucked they have like 11 or 12 who will play regularly at the WC and like 15 going. Man City are not far behind them in that regard.

I don't think Fabinho will see many minutes and doubt he starts a game unless they qualify from groups a game early, same with Firmino. Henderson will probably get sub appearances but is probably going more for his experience and Trent perhaps will be used as a weapon to bring on when chasing a game maybe but again don't think he will see many minutes.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 04:06:42 pm by CanuckYNWA »

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: November 7, 2022, 04:02:34 pm »
Elliot should be in the England squad.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 7, 2022, 04:10:19 pm »

I just looked at this, wtf is Tite doing LOL. Hes bringing 10 forwards...10!!!!!

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 7, 2022, 04:14:30 pm »
I just looked at this, wtf is Tite doing LOL. Hes bringing 10 forwards...10!!!!!

Martinelli made it over Firmino.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #46 on: November 7, 2022, 04:24:16 pm »
I think it’s a good point that players who get to a semi final or final and even win it will be affected. Think about it as a player and you loose the final then getting back on it a week later and be expected to perform. As they ain’t going to be able to go and sit on the beach for 2 weeks processing it.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 7, 2022, 04:29:11 pm »
Martinelli made it over Firmino.

Gutting for Bobby especially considering his form this year but we'll benefit from it in the 2nd half of the season. We'll have to wait and see what happens with Trent, Konate, and Thiago, but looks like Klopp will have a strong squad to work with during the break. Might be just what we need. In his final season at Dortmund I think they were in the relegation zone going into the winter break but really picked up in the 2nd half of the season and finished 7th.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 7, 2022, 04:34:12 pm »
With a 26-man squad he can afford to.  Realistically only about 18 players will see any game time unless there's a dead rubber at the end of the group stages.

It's a shame for Bobby as it's his last chance of going to another World Cup.  Selfishly though I'm glad and disappointed that Fabinho is going, particularly as he seems unlikely to play at all.

Hopefully Allison has a good tournament and comes back full of confidence.  Unless his form drops off a cliff then he'll be their first choice throughout.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 7, 2022, 04:37:51 pm »
We will have the following players training with us.

GK : Adrian, Kelleher, Davies
Defenders : Robertson, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Ramsay, Tsimikas
Midfield : Thiago. Elliott, Carvalho , Milner, Bajcetic, Jones , Ox
Forwards : Salah, Diaz, Jota

Training where? Salah has sold out and is taking the blood money to commentate for BeIN or some shite.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 7, 2022, 04:39:00 pm »
Feel bad for Bobby, if anything his form %100 warranted him going but Tite has never rated him even when he was in his peak form

But one less player going is nice

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 7, 2022, 04:44:00 pm »
On the contrary I think Thiago will be called up. Koke is still out with an injury, Llorrente has just returned to full fitness and Soler is not playing regularly at PSG. Other than the obvious selections of Busquets, Rodri, Pedri and Gavi, I think he might be selected given the 3 extra spaces this year.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 7, 2022, 04:49:57 pm »
Training where? Salah has sold out and is taking the blood money to commentate for BeIN or some shite.

Training in Dubai.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 7, 2022, 06:03:09 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 7, 2022, 06:03:58 pm »
when does England name their squad?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 7, 2022, 06:04:51 pm »
Elliot should be in the England squad.
he may get to go but just for the experience, prepping him for the next go-around.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #56 on: November 7, 2022, 06:05:06 pm »

Sky currently saying Bobby has been left out…..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 7, 2022, 06:13:25 pm »
I was going to have Brazil as my team for the world cup, but that eejit of a coach has left out Bobby and will play Ederson ahead of Ali probably. F*ck 'em.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 7, 2022, 06:53:30 pm »
he may get to go but just for the experience, prepping him for the next go-around.

Not a chance

If Southgate is playing a 5-2-3 as suspected he will do then no chance Elliot gets in as he can't play in a double pivot and there is way too much attacking talent. Maddison probably won't even go but you think Elliot might?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #59 on: November 7, 2022, 07:18:39 pm »
Gutting for Bobby especially considering his form this year but we'll benefit from it in the 2nd half of the season. We'll have to wait and see what happens with Trent, Konate, and Thiago, but looks like Klopp will have a strong squad to work with during the break. Might be just what we need. In his final season at Dortmund I think they were in the relegation zone going into the winter break but really picked up in the 2nd half of the season and finished 7th.

Sorry for Bobby but I don't want any of our players there, it's a shitshow of a tournament anyway.

I suppose it'll only take an injury to someone for him to get in though so I wouldn't say we've lucked out there yet, just look at the England RB situation.

Mo was fucked after coming back from AFCON last season so would be good to have all our forwards kept fresh bar Nunez who hasn't played a lot of football anyway this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 7, 2022, 07:21:31 pm »
Not a chance

If Southgate is playing a 5-2-3 as suspected he will do then no chance Elliot gets in as he can't play in a double pivot and there is way too much attacking talent. Maddison probably won't even go but you think Elliot might?
did you read what I posted ffs?

I said he might go just for the experience.

at every WC/big tournament - one or two young up-and-coming players are called up, but the manager has little or no intent of playing them.  IIRC it happened with Bellingham at one point.

and yeah, Maddison may well go (I don't give a shite if he does or not).

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 7, 2022, 08:03:29 pm »
I was going to have Brazil as my team for the world cup, but that eejit of a coach has left out Bobby and will play Ederson ahead of Ali probably. F*ck 'em.

Alisson 100% Brazil number 1.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 7, 2022, 08:30:26 pm »

....and you have a problem with that?

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 7, 2022, 09:00:37 pm »

at every WC/big tournament - one or two young up-and-coming players are called up, but the manager has little or no intent of playing them.  IIRC it happened with Bellingham at one point.

I get what you mean, but little to zero chance Elliott goes. I think in a normal World Cup this probably happens (Trent in 2018 is a great example). But this is such a tight turnaround of a tournament, Southgate will stick to the players he knows mostly.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 7, 2022, 09:38:35 pm »

I sure did read what you wrote, but thanks for the idiotic response.

My point still stands, there is NO CHANCE he will go regardless of the reason. Young players have gone in the past because we haven't been deep or had injuries. Both are not the case for Elliot position, simple as. He will not go and id literally bet my life on it

FFS - just to compliment yours.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 7, 2022, 11:25:37 pm »
I sure did read what you wrote, but thanks for the idiotic response.

My point still stands, there is NO CHANCE he will go regardless of the reason. Young players have gone in the past because we haven't been deep or had injuries. Both are not the case for Elliot position, simple as. He will not go and id literally bet my life on it

FFS - just to compliment yours.

phew.  just when I thought your post wouldn't accomplsih anything.  :)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 9, 2022, 01:00:59 am »
Seems like Reece James is confirmed out now so if Trent is fit he'll mostly likely go.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 9, 2022, 03:51:23 am »
phew.  just when I thought your post wouldn't accomplsih anything.  :)

Good thing I don't need to worry about your ability to articulate thought provoking or logical thoughts

:)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 9, 2022, 06:43:39 pm »
Konate in the French World Cup squad that gets announced in 20 minutes according to Le Parisien.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #69 on: November 9, 2022, 07:48:01 pm »
Konate confirmed in France squad.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 9, 2022, 10:31:02 pm »
Konate confirmed in France squad.

He's a colossus and a talent. Hope he gets some minutes there.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2022, 01:35:09 am »
Good thing I don't need to worry about your ability to articulate thought provoking or logical thoughts

:)
yeah but bear in mind I always dumb things down for Quebeckers.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2022, 12:20:03 pm »
Wonder if Thiago will get picked for Spain?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2022, 01:14:44 pm »
Wonder if Thiago will get picked for Spain?

Hope not. I am gutted that Konate got selected.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2022, 02:05:29 pm »
Trent picked unfortunately.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2022, 02:14:06 pm »
Ridiculous Trent has been picked - been woeful all season - much better right backs available

Henderson, what a joke - not even first choice at his club

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2022, 02:16:08 pm »
Ridiculous Trent has been picked - been woeful all season - much better right backs available

Who are the better right backs that aren't injured?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2022, 02:19:03 pm »
Sad for Gomez that he misses out. I know he's hit-and-miss sometimes, but you can't convince me he's not a better defender than Maguire, Coady and Dier.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2022, 02:23:13 pm »
Sad for Gomez that he misses out. I know he's hit-and-miss sometimes, but you can't convince me he's not a better defender than Maguire, Coady and Dier.

You should be grateful. Dont want any of our players to go and get injured.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2022, 02:25:33 pm »
Who are the better right backs that aren't injured?
Trippier and Walker.

Cover for Shaw should be in there instead of Trent