Author Topic: PL: Tottenham & Tierney 2 v 2 Liverpool  (Read 46313 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PL: Tottenham & Tierney 2 v 2 Liverpool
« on: December 19, 2021, 03:41:26 pm »
Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, Sunday 18 December 2021, 4.30pm
First of all, I hope ours and Tottenham’s staff and players affected by Covid fully recover from it. The same goes for everyone else in and out of football. Just on that, our wonderful manager’s been particularly vocal on football being more transparent about this (as far as I’m aware, we’re the only club who have publicly stated which of our players have caught Covid) and more importantly, vocal in his position on getting vaccines. “Ignore those who pretend to know”… “Ignore lies and misinformation. Listen to people who know best. If you do that, you end up wanting the vaccine and the booster. I trust experts. I received my booster jab as soon as I was eligible.”

At the time of writing, this game is going ahead but we had three players out last night with Covid and it wouldn’t be unsurprising if there are more over the coming days. Tottenham themselves have been hugely affected, resulting in their games against Rennes, Brighton and Leicester being called off. So who knows what’s going to happen, let’s just hope the right decision is made.

If it does go ahead, then how will Tottenham’s preparations be affected? It’s too simplistic to say they’ve had a rest so should be fresh for our game. Their affected players would have been in isolation (albeit still training individually) and their training ground was shut for a few days. Not ideal for them. We don’t know which of their players were affected and who will line up against us or worse, whether they’re feeling any longer term after effects of the illness. It makes it difficult to talk about the game with any kind of surety.

Still, on the pitch, it’s no doubt Tottenham have been in better form results wise since he arrived, even if, from watching them with my very basic eye, their performances haven’t been that much better. I do feel sorry a bit for Nuno Espirito Santo - yeah his football wasn’t particularly great but I’m not sure what Levy was expecting when he hired him. But then Levy has always struck me as a little bit odd when it comes to making these types of decisions (along with many others, like hiring Mourinho, that Amazon documentary and stringing Danny Rose on about Milan). He kind of struck gold with Pochettino although that successful period under him is looking more and more like it was more down to the Argentine than Levy.

Regardless, he has managed to get a manager who knows how to win and I’d have wanted us to be facing Nuno Espirito Santo on Sunday than Conte.

For us, after the West Ham performance, we’ve been perfect in terms of results and we’ve now got Keita and Firmino back (yay!). Keita looked lively when he came on on Thursday and Firmino’s back just in time to get his customary goal at Tottenham. And Konate was superb against Newcastle, coming in at presumably short notice and turning in a heck of a performance. But it’s difficult to know even on the morning of the game who’s going to be available, and let’s just hope we don’t get any more positive cases.

Anyway, it’s been a bit of downer I know, so on a more positive note, let’s enjoy a 5-0 shellacking of Tottenham from a few years ago, which featured our terrific captain, Suarez being awesome and John Flanagan getting a tiny bit excited:

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/1530924

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 10:16:50 pm by JohnC Bells, JohnC Bells, JohnC all the way »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 03:42:41 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 03:43:45 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 04:30:11 pm »
0 and we’re underway at the Cheese bowl

Nice to see Ryan Sessegnon back for them, but on a personal note, a bastard to spell

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 04:32:25 pm »
1 TAA clips a ball into the area, Robbo is free in the middle but heads just past the post

A real chance there.

Then a shot form Milner from outside the area which the keeper takes.  Spurs look a little flat right now.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 04:34:45 pm »
4 corner to spurs, TAA does well to block a Sessegnon cross

Alisson does well to punch away as he was being fouled.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 04:35:35 pm »
Why was the ref lecturing Alisson when he was the one being fouled anyway?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 04:36:06 pm »
6 marvellous ball over the top by Morton but Mo can’t quite collect it and the keeper clears…Promising.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 04:39:39 pm »
9 Konate cuts out a through ball to Kane.  He’s starting to look a leader in the side (that’s mockers there!’)

Then spurs have a chance on the edge of our area, but there’s a really good tackle by Keita
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 04:41:00 pm »
10 left footed banger form TAA, Loris turns it behind.

Corner to the reds.  Headed clear
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 04:42:54 pm »
12 lovely move by Spurs, to Kane inthe area, he’s spin and shots home, but form nowhere Konate is there to block!

Wow.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2021, 04:43:09 pm »
Excellent Blick by Ibou x 2

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 04:43:49 pm »
13 1-0

But this time Kane doesn’t  miss.  Poor in midfield to put no pressure on the pass, Kane shoots across goal into the net.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2021, 04:44:52 pm »
Urk! Oops

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Tottenham 1 v 0 Liverpool Kane 13’
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2021, 04:46:42 pm »
16 poor interception by Morton and Kane is clear.  He squares it in the area but Son puts it wide. Should be 2-0

The. mane in their area, but a greta tackle by Sanchez in their area denies him
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 04:48:40 pm »
18 we mess up the offside trap, Son is miles clear,  but he can’t beat Alisson
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 04:49:47 pm »
19 Cross by Salah and the keeper takes it just ahead of Mne.

Kane booked here for a poor one on Robbo

He’s booked, it could have been red though.  If Robbos foot was planted it was broken.  No VAR review.

Madness.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021, 04:50:20 pm »
18 we mess up the offside trap, Son is miles clear,  but he can’t beat Alisson
he was off

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2021, 04:50:55 pm »
19 Cross by Salah and the keeper takes it just ahead of Mne.

Kane booked here for a poor one on Robbo

He’s booked, it could have been red though.  If Robbos foot was planted it was broken.  No VAR review.

Madness.

England captain, say no more.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2021, 04:51:31 pm »
England captain, say no more.
It’s the kind of tackle we want to get rid of.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2021, 04:52:09 pm »
It’s the kind of tackle we want to get rid of.

Absolutely agree.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2021, 04:54:02 pm »
23 Morton takes a cheap yellow to stop a break.  The same punishment as for a leg breaker

Keita shot is saved and there’s a corner

Corner is an outswinger and is cleared
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2021, 04:54:10 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2021, 04:55:44 pm »
25 We attempt to build through midfield again, but Spurs put the ball out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2021, 04:58:05 pm »
26 We get a free kick after a foul on Milner. Trent puts it in it hits Matip and the ball comes out to Milner who blasts it. It's cleared the ball comes out again Mane is fouled we have another free kick.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2021, 04:58:50 pm »
28 This time Robertson puts in a deep cross from the free kick but Mane can't direct it in.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2021, 04:59:58 pm »
29 Another close call down the other end, after losing the ball. Son puts the ball in ahead of our defence but Ali hits it wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2021, 05:01:18 pm »
31 A bit of possession for Spurs, we clear from a corner, then an attack breaks down.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2021, 05:02:18 pm »
It’s difficult to get Mo in the game with two left backs, but we need to work it a bit more cleverly.  Morton needs protection in midfield, he’s getting bullied right now.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2021, 05:02:36 pm »
31 It's frustrating, when we break we often have a man over but then someone doesn't make the right decision and the chance is gone. This time it was Robbo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2021, 05:04:20 pm »
33 It has to be said Son is having a good game, he's finding loads of space behind our stranded defence, Spurs have been wasteful really. This time Alisson sees the danger and smothers the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05:12 pm »
35 goooaalll, Jota. A lovely cross by Robbo and Jota puts it in nicely.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Tottenham 1 v 1 Liverpool Kane 13’ Jota 35’
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05:15 pm »
And up he pops!
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05:36 pm »
Yes! Superb that !

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2021, 05:06:09 pm »
It was a superb header as it hit him high but he directed it beautifully.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2021, 05:06:59 pm »
That’s a penalty

How is that not a foul?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2021, 05:07:38 pm »
36 That looked like a penalty to us, as Jota was pushed down in the area, but no. Then Spurs break and there is a misunderstanding between Alisson and Trent. Ali manages to kick the ball away. Phew!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2021, 05:08:16 pm »
That’s a penalty

How is that not a foul?

It was a penalty but we ain't getting anything from this ref.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2021, 05:08:19 pm »
Stonewall penalty
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2021, 05:08:46 pm »
How the fuck was that not a penalty?