Author Topic: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm  (Read 21732 times)

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm
« Reply #200 on: December 1, 2021, 01:53:15 pm »
We need to rotate and fairly heavily in some games even the league ones. No point having a squad if we are not prepared to do so.

Whilst that is true, the drop off in quality in our attack if we took Salah, Mane or Jota out for Origi or Minamino is pretty significant. I'm a lot less worried in defence or midfield but in order for our attack to be as ruthless as it has been this season we do need the front 3 (or 2 plus Firmino when he return) to be starting most of our games.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 1, 2021, 01:53:38 pm »
We need to rotate and fairly heavily in some games even the league ones. No point having a squad if we are not prepared to do so.

We're getting relegated twice ?

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 1, 2021, 01:53:52 pm »
I have nightmares about Thiago facing Ali to take a pass and seeing one of those red-mist twats coming at him from the back with studs knee-height.

While the Ref waves play on and VAR deems it fair..

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 1, 2021, 02:08:32 pm »
Hope we play the strongest team with inform players (Salah, Jota, Thiago). No rotation.  We need to batter these fuckers into oblivion.

We can worry about Wolves after the game.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #204 on: December 1, 2021, 02:09:40 pm »
Whilst that is true, the drop off in quality in our attack if we took Salah, Mane or Jota out for Origi or Minamino is pretty significant. I'm a lot less worried in defence or midfield but in order for our attack to be as ruthless as it has been this season we do need the front 3 (or 2 plus Firmino when he return) to be starting most of our games.

Divock Origi in 2021/22: 3 goals and 2 assist in 291 minutes played

Takumi Minamino in 2021/22: 4 goals in 341 minutes played

Combined: 7 goals and 2 assists in 632 minutes (or a goal contribution every 70 minutes played).

I understand that both players are not stylistically a great fit for this team, in particular Origi. I understand that they are a drop off compared with the 4 players ahead of them in the pecking order.

Equally it's easy to see they are performing well so far this season when they've been given the chance. It's equally easy to see that we need to rotate to some extent during this period and use the squad. If you don't use thees players when in form and when games are coming think and fast then when would you utilise them? Throw them in cold when it comes to the AFCON in January?

It may not be tonight but my guess is that there will be multiple games in the next 6-8 weeks where Origi and Minamino start. And not just domestic cups and CL dead rubbers.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: December 1, 2021, 02:19:26 pm »
For the first time watching football I'm genuinely worried about our players' welfare during a match. If we play anywhere near our best we'll decimate them, but they have more than enough twats (Richarlison, Digne, Allan, Pickles) to go out and purposefully hurt a few of our players, like they did last season.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #206 on: December 1, 2021, 02:25:45 pm »
I wouldn't have a problem with Origi starting tonight. He's got a great record against them.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 1, 2021, 02:28:00 pm »
At the end of the day, any team we put out should be more than capable of putting Everton to the sword.  It really comes down to who do we want to risk?

I'd like to see Ox feature at some point. He's getting into a good run of form and I wouldn't want it to stall. Then again he might be better suited for Wolves.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #208 on: December 1, 2021, 02:50:20 pm »
At the end of the day, any team we put out should be more than capable of putting Everton to the sword.  It really comes down to who do we want to risk?

I'd like to see Ox feature at some point. He's getting into a good run of form and I wouldn't want it to stall. Then again he might be better suited for Wolves.

It’s a derby and we have only won one in nine there.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #209 on: December 1, 2021, 03:20:00 pm »
Just win and survive against Leg Snapper FC.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 1, 2021, 03:25:57 pm »
It’s a derby and we have only won one in nine there.

Not sure what your point is?  Outside City and Chelsea we're more than capable of beating pretty much anyone else in the league, home or away. We were absolutely robbed of a win there last season.

Based on what you're saying there's a case to be made there's little point in risking key players if we already know we're going to play within ourselves.

Popcorn's Art

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #211 on: December 1, 2021, 03:31:45 pm »
Just seeing their predicted line up next to ours, and honestly, the thought of not winning SICKENS me. I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0 win but we should be punishing these. 5-2 at home to Watford for fucks sake.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #212 on: December 1, 2021, 03:40:48 pm »
Agree with those saying we should go as strong as possible, fed up of dull draws at their place.  Early blitz and the crowd will turn on them very quickly.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #213 on: December 1, 2021, 03:49:26 pm »
Agree with those saying we should go as strong as possible, fed up of dull draws at their place.  Early blitz and the crowd will turn on them very quickly.

There's only one game they get themselves up for every year (well 2 obviously) so yeah like you say, strong as possible

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #214 on: December 1, 2021, 03:57:05 pm »
As long as we don't get dragged down to their level and play to our undoubted strengths, this could be Rafa's last game for them.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2021, 04:42:26 pm »
I see a few choices to be made with the team selection.

First choice is Matip or Konate? I can argue the toss either way. Matip is more seasoned so he will probably get the nod. But if the game is physical, Konate might have a bit more about him in that regard. Tough decision.

Second choice is what midfielder plays with Fabinho and Henderson. Assuming no injury niggles that pairing has to start. Then after that, what do you do? Thiago has shown his class lately, and in a footballing contest, he would help us dominate the Ev. But will it be a footballing contest? Thiago's slight weakness, for the mad dash that is sometimes Premier League football, is that he can get hustled out of his stride. It's not hard to imagine him getting his pocket picked, or even fouled, the foul not given, and then Everton taking advantage. I would probably play Ox instead, but I'm not fully sure. The main thing is that Fabinho and Henderson have to be in the midfield.

Up front there's another choice to be made. Origi has a decent record against Everton, and in the cameo appearances we have seen lately he did look hungry. If he plays, who will make way? Jurgen gives Mo a rest about this time. Or maybe Jota will be rested, as we will be depending on him more once AFCON comes around?

I will be happy if Matip, Thiago and the main three strikers all play, but I think we could see some changes.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2021, 04:58:27 pm »
midfield wise i wouldn't be surprised to see millie come in for thiago

all i've heard from that lot is an early 'cruncher' and get the crowd up etc as their only chance (something their players may buy into as well)

the rest is pure fear and dread of how bad a scoreline they could suffer

early goals to turn the crowd (and it will turn going by recent games) to put the game beyond them is idea to calm it down on the pitch but our form down there under klopp doesn't suggest that is likely

as much as we fear injuries and yes destroy them with football, we'll have to match them physically without descending to their level of shithousery and hope the ref is on it
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2021, 04:59:34 pm »
Into these, Reds
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2021, 04:59:39 pm »
Matip for me, I think Konate is more likely to struggle if the pace of the game gets a bit frantic and end up out of position. I'm thinking maybe Milner in for Fabinho since the latter played the full 90 at the weekend, but equally we could just go full strength and hope to put things to bed in the first half.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2021, 05:01:51 pm by Schmidt »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 1, 2021, 05:09:10 pm »
I'm thinking maybe Milner in for Fabinho

Simply no

Fabinho should play every important game
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2021, 05:13:58 pm »
It's very tough to second guess Klopp in these fixtures, he sometimes changes things around a bit, but that said I would really like Hendo, Virgil, Robo to start, they likely will anyway, but those three get into the ref more than others which is what we need.

I've notice virgil recently has been in the refs ear loads more since his return, maybe he was always like that but noticed it a lot more now. Would also like milner on for that reason but with Fab playing hopefully then it may be a bit much.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2021, 05:23:23 pm »
Not sure what your point is?  Outside City and Chelsea we're more than capable of beating pretty much anyone else in the league, home or away. We were absolutely robbed of a win there last season.

Based on what you're saying there's a case to be made there's little point in risking key players if we already know we're going to play within ourselves.

Where have I said we are going to play within ourselves?

We should play our strongest side.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 1, 2021, 05:28:07 pm »
I wouldn't have a problem with Origi starting tonight. He's got a great record against them.

Don’t see it happening but equally would be happy with it. He and Minamino have looked more than fine, it’s just they’re competing against some of the best in the world
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #223 on: December 1, 2021, 05:33:18 pm »
The butterflies are starting to knock around now, I 100% trust this team to go and get a result. It's the potential reckless tackles that you know are coming that I'm worried about. I hope the ref today is strong and doesn't get sucked into the toxic atmosphere that Woodison faithful are famous for.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 1, 2021, 05:37:32 pm »
It's December, it's Everton, it's on Amazon, it's a win by all definitions.

Is it only on Amazon in certain countries? Prime video is the same as Amazon right??
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 1, 2021, 05:43:08 pm »
That's the first full opening post to a game thread I've read in a fair while, quality Henry, loved that little intro, absolute beezer.
Sets the game up nicely which is the whole idea I suppose. Mon the reds.

Alisson
TAA
Robbo
Van Djik
Matip
Hendo
Fabinho
Thiago
What a midfield by the way that is
Salah
Mane
Jota

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #226 on: December 1, 2021, 05:47:08 pm »
Absolute chance to destroy them tonight ala the United game.

Early goal and watch them crumble.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 1, 2021, 05:48:26 pm »
Where have I said we are going to play within ourselves?

We should play our strongest side.

Well you're the one talking about us winning only one in nine and I'm the one saying we're more than capable of beating them whatever team we put out. We beat them in the FA Cup with a gang of kids almost two years ago.

Setting aside the robbery of last year, what other reason for that poor run? You clearly brought it up for a reason? Do you not think we have played strong sides against them in those games?

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 1, 2021, 05:53:58 pm »
If we aren't winning at the break, the H/T thread is going to be gruesome
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #229 on: December 1, 2021, 06:03:24 pm »
Well you're the one talking about us winning only one in nine and I'm the one saying we're more than capable of beating them whatever team we put out. We beat them in the FA Cup with a gang of kids almost two years ago.

Setting aside the robbery of last year, what other reason for that poor run? You clearly brought it up for a reason? Do you not think we have played strong sides against them in those games?

It is a derby and we clearly don't have a great record there so I am against people advocating for wholesale changes.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 1, 2021, 06:08:55 pm »

Exactly my thoughts. No need to give the crowd and team any oxygen. Box them in and pick them off. Score first and second and that's that for me. First 11 incl. Matip.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #231 on: December 1, 2021, 06:25:51 pm »
as the boos rained down at brentford it came to me for tonight   naanaa naaanaaa nan nan nan na jota

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 1, 2021, 06:34:05 pm »
It is a derby and we clearly don't have a great record there so I am against people advocating for wholesale changes.

Neither am I, mate. I only suggested Ox might be a good choice as he's playing himself into form. My only concern would be fielding an injury prone player in a fixture notorious for season ending injuries, but it's hardly a wholesale change and the lad is quality. :)

EDIT: I think my initial post caused some confusion. Just because I believe our quality is so superior that we could field almost any team and win didn't mean I was advocating wholesale changes. I'm simply saying that this is one fixture, but as last year showed it's a fixture that could derail an entire season if we lose key players to injury. And derailing our season is all this Everton team really care about.

It's about weighing this fixture against the 24 others, but we seem to be in a far stronger position injury wise this season than last. I'm sure Klopp will make the right choices.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2021, 06:39:46 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 1, 2021, 06:44:46 pm »
Starting to feel a little anxious about tonight's match. It's not the normal Derby day butterflies, but I'm not happy with the fact we're really strong favourites (something like 2/5 with some bookies) especially when we're playing at their place. I've seen it plenty of times throughout the course of my life where a team, & a manager, are under intense pressure from their own fans & the media, only to turn the tables when all seems lost. I'm hoping/praying that come full-time our fans will be singing Rafa's name whilst the home fans will be choking on their own boo's.

Fingers & toes well crossed.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 1, 2021, 06:50:42 pm »
Starting to feel a little anxious about tonight's match. It's not the normal Derby day butterflies, but I'm not happy with the fact we're really strong favourites (something like 2/5 with some bookies) especially when we're playing at their place. I've seen it plenty of times throughout the course of my life where a team, & a manager, are under intense pressure from their own fans & the media, only to turn the tables when all seems lost. I'm hoping/praying that come full-time our fans will be singing Rafa's name whilst the home fans will be choking on their own boo's.

Fingers & toes well crossed.
The only thing I’m worried about is them injuring our players. Just got to hope the ref is strong and Rafa calm’s their hotheads down

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 1, 2021, 06:56:10 pm »
Need the ref to do his job tonight and protect the players.

None of this 'letting the game flow' shite, or 'it's derby, so I'll let a few go'.

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #236 on: December 1, 2021, 07:01:45 pm »
I dread these games its like the 70s again
playing a gang of hairy arsed cloggers .

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 1, 2021, 07:03:12 pm »
as the boos rained down at brentford it came to me for tonight   naanaa naaanaaa nan nan nan na jota

We don't have a song for Jota?

How about (to Volare)...

Diogo, oh, oh
Diogo,oh, oh,
In the Red, he'll knock you all dead.
Scores goals with his feet and his head,

Diogo, oh, oh...
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #238 on: December 1, 2021, 07:03:46 pm »
I dread these games its like the 70s again
playing a gang of hairy arsed cloggers .

Especially as all the build-up has the various pundits insisting their only chance is to “rough us up.”
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 1, 2021, 07:06:31 pm »
The only thing I’m worried about is them injuring our players. Just got to hope the ref is strong and Rafa calm’s their hotheads down

This will be what finishes him off with them if they get battered. Their fans don't want calm.

Especially as all the build-up has the various pundits insisting their only chance is to “rough us up.”

Like with United and what Pogba did to Keita. Only Everton fans will want them to try to do that to us from the start.

Popcorn's Art