Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Chelsea 1 Havertz 22' Salah 45+5' (p)  (Read 39234 times)

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Re: Liverpool 1 v Chelsea 1 Havertz 22' Salah 45+5' (p)
« Reply #800 on: September 2, 2021, 12:57:10 pm »
So when is Anthony Taylor being charged? He never gave us a free kick after the penalty despite us having 66% possession.
......or does he get to do this for the next 15 to 20 years with impunity without a word being said?

The last bit!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #801 on: September 2, 2021, 01:34:43 pm »
So when is Anthony Taylor being charged? He never gave us a free kick after the penalty despite us having 66% possession.
......or does he get to do this for the next 15 to 20 years with impunity without a word being said?

They'd lost their heads and Taylor helped them regain composure by giving them everything in the second half.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: September 3, 2021, 08:15:26 am »
They'd lost their heads and Taylor helped them regain composure by giving them everything in the second half.
But this is supposedly the best Football League in the world, followed by billions and worth billions.
 We even predict that he will perform like this against us and we are never proven wrong.
 Even Klopp was laughing on the touchline at some of the decisions that he gave against us so he(and probably the players) are on to him.
 When he doesn't give a foul for us(eg. Mane second half) the commentators go an embarassed quiet and then bull him up about about his speedy action in tending to Eriksen at the Euros.
 It's like an Alice in Wonderland world - everybody knows it's going on BUT IT'S NOT.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: September 3, 2021, 10:16:09 am »
Chelsea charged by the FA for failing to control their players. They were a disgrace.

Two counts isn’t it?  The 7th and 8th charge of failing to control their players in the last half a dozen years, across multiple managers.  It’s safe to say that fining them hasn’t been any sort of deterrent as they just keep on crowding the ref and screaming at him year after year, but the FA will just fine them a few thousand quid again.  ::)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #804 on: September 3, 2021, 12:06:57 pm »
Two counts isn’t it?  The 7th and 8th charge of failing to control their players in the last half a dozen years, across multiple managers.  It’s safe to say that fining them hasn’t been any sort of deterrent as they just keep on crowding the ref and screaming at him year after year, but the FA will just fine them a few thousand quid again.  ::)

The Echo was rambling on that they may get a points deduction - fat chance.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: September 3, 2021, 03:05:29 pm »

What’s the point in endless fines that will not affect them in any way financially nor deter them from continuing the behaviour?  ???
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #806 on: September 3, 2021, 03:06:05 pm »
Its like the old FFP fines for the oil clubs. Doy :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #807 on: September 6, 2021, 05:38:46 pm »
A few - some might argue red tinted and overly optimistic but fuck em - reflections having just watched the whole game again whilst sat here licking my wounds after cracking me left heel bone and right wrist following an unwinnable disagreement with a ladder:

What an absolute twat of a performance by those officials. So they may have eventually called the penalty episode correctly but fuck me did the Manc twat and his oppoes not more than compensate for it to Chelsea with virtually everything else remotely 50/50 or even 60/40 in our favour. Between all that and the gamesmanship plus a few crucial bad bounces and profligacy it becomes so hard to get over the line against an admittedly impressive outfit.iii

My initial post game assessment that there wasn’t that much to separate the teams radically changed after a second watch. For all Chelsea’s resolute defending, the fine players they do have, the Abramovichised squad depth and their mastery of the darker footballing arts virtually encouraged by the Manc twat, we are pretty comfortably superior to Chelsea all over the pitch and time will be a testament to that. It was clear to me watching back that we have a definite higher overall football performance ceiling than Chelsea. Sure they can certainly defend and counter as well as any such teams past or present but no way are they going to outperform us in a game given full player complements.

Just few other brief observations.

Contrary to some things I’ve read, I thought Sadio was terrific and I can’t think of many past or present players who would have been so alive to that opportunity that won us the pen. Not forgetting his original winning of the header.

What a central defensive pair we’ve got. There’s been great ones both for us and elsewhere in the past but don’t think I’ve seen a better twosome. Moreover, Matip is by no means the lesser of the two. How that guy has bloomed over time into one hell of a player.

Harvey Elliott. Fuck. What a bundle of class, balance, vision, energy, tenacity and awareness. He is surely the first name on the midfield team sheet at the moment.

Lastly the crowd. I couldn’t go the game due to the accident and was a bit disappointed with the crowd watching first time round on the telly. Should have known better. Mates told me the crowd was great and the second showing I just watched confirmed it. Not sure how they managed without me like but made up they did.

Deffo champions this time around.

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #808 on: September 7, 2021, 12:25:27 am »
A few - some might argue red tinted and overly optimistic but fuck em - reflections having just watched the whole game again whilst sat here licking my wounds after cracking me left heel bone and right wrist following an unwinnable disagreement with a ladder:

What an absolute twat of a performance by those officials. So they may have eventually called the penalty episode correctly but fuck me did the Manc twat and his oppoes not more than compensate for it to Chelsea with virtually everything else remotely 50/50 or even 60/40 in our favour. Between all that and the gamesmanship plus a few crucial bad bounces and profligacy it becomes so hard to get over the line against an admittedly impressive outfit.iii

My initial post game assessment that there wasn’t that much to separate the teams radically changed after a second watch. For all Chelsea’s resolute defending, the fine players they do have, the Abramovichised squad depth and their mastery of the darker footballing arts virtually encouraged by the Manc twat, we are pretty comfortably superior to Chelsea all over the pitch and time will be a testament to that. It was clear to me watching back that we have a definite higher overall football performance ceiling than Chelsea. Sure they can certainly defend and counter as well as any such teams past or present but no way are they going to outperform us in a game given full player complements.

Just few other brief observations.

Contrary to some things I’ve read, I thought Sadio was terrific and I can’t think of many past or present players who would have been so alive to that opportunity that won us the pen. Not forgetting his original winning of the header.

What a central defensive pair we’ve got. There’s been great ones both for us and elsewhere in the past but don’t think I’ve seen a better twosome. Moreover, Matip is by no means the lesser of the two. How that guy has bloomed over time into one hell of a player.

Harvey Elliott. Fuck. What a bundle of class, balance, vision, energy, tenacity and awareness. He is surely the first name on the midfield team sheet at the moment.

Lastly the crowd. I couldn’t go the game due to the accident and was a bit disappointed with the crowd watching first time round on the telly. Should have known better. Mates told me the crowd was great and the second showing I just watched confirmed it. Not sure how they managed without me like but made up they did.

Deffo champions this time around.

That’s one hell of a coincidence as I did exactly the same and felt exactly the same after watching the game again. That ref bought everything they sold.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #809 on: September 7, 2021, 03:25:26 pm »
anybody know when the Leeds link/thread will be up?

Time to move on to new match - these 14 days of international weeks are hard work.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #810 on: September 7, 2021, 04:20:21 pm »
anybody know when the Leeds link/thread will be up?

Time to move on to new match - these 14 days of international weeks are hard work.
I believe it should be up tomorrow
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #811 on: September 8, 2021, 04:25:11 pm »
Big £25k fine for failing to control their players. That’ll teach them, pretty sure it’ll never happen again.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #812 on: September 8, 2021, 11:21:29 pm »
Big £25k fine for failing to control their players. That’ll teach them, pretty sure it’ll never happen again.

Thats irresponsible. Such a massive financial penalty in the time of COVID must come as a crippling blow to Chelsea.
If this means they cannot pay their players, their families risk hunger. Real shame such draconian laws still exist in the modern game.
Maybe we can setup a gofundme to help the Chelsea players affected?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: September 10, 2021, 03:24:51 pm »
Thats irresponsible. Such a massive financial penalty in the time of COVID must come as a crippling blow to Chelsea.
If this means they cannot pay their players, their families risk hunger. Real shame such draconian laws still exist in the modern game.
Maybe we can setup a gofundme to help the Chelsea players affected?

They could barely buy any players the last 2 seasons as is and have been limping by on the Hazard money - which fortunately they barely touched.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: September 10, 2021, 03:33:06 pm »
The way Mendy nearly punts henderson into the stand after the pen when henderson goes to pick the ball up. Think henderson and mendy were both lucky he missed
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #815 on: September 10, 2021, 06:05:55 pm »
The way Mendy nearly punts henderson into the stand after the pen when henderson goes to pick the ball up. Think henderson and mendy were both lucky he missed

Just reflecting further. I think the manager is an out and out c*nt. I still think he’s seething from Loren’s last gasp winner. Comes over as a bit of an inoffensive twat but he’s no hard but fair play advocate like Jurgen. He’ll be indoctrinating them with all sorts of snide tricks as was so clearly evident. Plus many of them are fucking snidest any road.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #816 on: September 10, 2021, 10:31:19 pm »
Just reflecting further. I think the manager is an out and out c*nt. I still think he’s seething from Loren’s last gasp winner. Comes over as a bit of an inoffensive twat but he’s no hard but fair play advocate like Jurgen. He’ll be indoctrinating them with all sorts of snide tricks as was so clearly evident. Plus many of them are fucking snidest any road.

From memory was it only three additional minutes after the referee had warned them about time wasting?