Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440060 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64200 on: November 19, 2021, 08:23:45 pm »
I think robs health is a cause for his venting on here.
Goes a bit far sometimes but likes a good rant.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64201 on: November 19, 2021, 08:37:41 pm »
Today we've had an email from the Primary school, with a letter from Trafford Council, basically saying they are struggling so badly with staff being off due to covid and while they have taken 20 staff on, they are unable to cope with covering all the schools and are now having to replace the hot food with sandwiches and fruit for dinner where they cannot get a cook for the school. My youngest takes dinner into school so he's been ok, my eldest buys his in the senior school and has been saying they have less and less to offer.

I fucking hate the Tories and the anti vaxxers.

Entirely non-suprising thanks to the stupidity of the way we deal with this whole problem. I mean I am seriously wondering what is the point of me even returning to work, knowing I have every chance of re-catching it due to the numbers who travel on trains and who frankly don't give a damn about anything but themselves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64202 on: November 19, 2021, 08:47:41 pm »
Entirely non-suprising thanks to the stupidity of the way we deal with this whole problem. I mean I am seriously wondering what is the point of me even returning to work, knowing I have every chance of re-catching it due to the numbers who travel on trains and who frankly don't give a damn about anything but themselves.

Getting through it will boost your immunity better than a booster jab, so its quite unlikely you'll catch it again anytime soon. You might catch it again sometime in your life, that's just the reality. However it's likely going to be milder and your body will fight it off quicker next time. You'll be fine. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64203 on: November 19, 2021, 08:49:21 pm »
Getting through it will boost your immunity better than a booster jab, so its quite unlikely you'll catch it again anytime soon. You might catch it again sometime in your life, that's just the reality. However it's likely going to be milder and your body will fight it off quicker next time. You'll be fine. :)

I'm not really complaining about the ten days off work I have. I need the rest.  :)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64204 on: November 19, 2021, 08:52:40 pm »
I'm not really complaining about the ten days off work I have. I need the rest.  :)

Hope you get well before the 10 days is over, so you can enjoy the rest! :-)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64205 on: November 19, 2021, 08:54:01 pm »
Hope you get well before the 10 days is over, so you can enjoy the rest! :-)

Thanks. Sadly it won't get me out of the football comms though.  ;D

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #64206 on: November 19, 2021, 09:19:16 pm »
I wish that was true. My opposite neighbour and his wife have both had COVID twice now over the space of a year, the second time was much worse and the wife was in hospital for a few days. Thankfully both have made a complete recovery but are much more cautious now.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #64207 on: November 19, 2021, 09:25:56 pm »
I’m 6 months out from my first (of two) Pfizer and still unable to work.  I’ve had tachycardia, aura migraine, pins and needles in arms legs and face, blurred vision, mental health issues, muscle weakness, I’ve gone from cycling 100km plus no bother to struggling to walk my kids to school 250m away, geographic tongue, muscle pain and a few more. It’s basically long covid, but as a result of the vaccine. I don’t think it’s that common, but there is a significant number of people that I’ve found online that have been having a similar reaction.  My doctors have dismissed me all year, until the last month or so where they’ve finally started listening.  I’m very surprised given the number of people I’ve seen that have had similar reactions that there has been no official amendment to side effect data to include these issues.
That's terrible mate and I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I'm very much Pro Vax however people who genuinely can't get the vaccine should not be forced to. I don't mean every nutjob who claims Jesus thinks it's satanic, I mean people like you and those who are immunocompromised. I hope your symptoms clear up and your doctor's take you more seriously.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64208 on: November 19, 2021, 10:14:36 pm »
Israel start to vaccinate 5 to 11 year olds next week. Don't know if other nations are so be interesting to see how that goes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64209 on: November 20, 2021, 04:09:10 am »
I think robs health is a cause for his venting on here.
Goes a bit far sometimes but likes a good rant.

Venting on here means my missus doesn't have to listen to me ;)

Mine and everyone elses health (Govt ministers and anti vaxxers excepted). It's just awful that kids from poorer families can be missing out on hot meals due to this whole thing. Then their is the pressure on the NHS and the staff and its costing lives. We had my youngests mate round last night, poor kid is dealing with his parents breaking up and now his uncle, who is more like a Dad, is terminal with cancer, late diagnosis due to covid. I don't know the ins and outs, but thats the second person I know of who got diagnosed late due to this, the other ones is now dead.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64210 on: November 20, 2021, 09:19:37 am »
Venting on here means my missus doesn't have to listen to me ;)

Mine and everyone elses health (Govt ministers and anti vaxxers excepted). It's just awful that kids from poorer families can be missing out on hot meals due to this whole thing. Then their is the pressure on the NHS and the staff and its costing lives. We had my youngests mate round last night, poor kid is dealing with his parents breaking up and now his uncle, who is more like a Dad, is terminal with cancer, late diagnosis due to covid. I don't know the ins and outs, but thats the second person I know of who got diagnosed late due to this, the other ones is now dead.

It's a year today since our Stephen (Steve07) died. If it hadn't have been for the pandemic he would have got the medical care and social contact to help him.

Another piece of collateral damage caused by the Government's incompetence and selfish individuals not giving a shit.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64211 on: November 20, 2021, 11:04:20 am »
It's a year today since our Stephen (Steve07) died. If it hadn't have been for the pandemic he would have got the medical care and social contact to help him.

Another piece of collateral damage caused by the Government's incompetence and selfish individuals not giving a shit.
Absolutely terrible.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Take care man.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64212 on: November 20, 2021, 11:13:49 am »
Where's our Norwegian friend gone?    :(

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64213 on: November 20, 2021, 11:32:48 am »

Vanished along with the posts it appears.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #64214 on: November 20, 2021, 11:53:20 am »

Permanently self isolated

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64215 on: November 20, 2021, 11:54:40 am »

This bird has flown.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #64216 on: November 20, 2021, 12:01:54 pm »

Doesn't come into contact with others much, superhuman immune system, off to enjoy his liberty or something...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64217 on: November 20, 2021, 12:26:48 pm »

Are you talking about Linnuden?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64218 on: November 20, 2021, 12:28:29 pm »
Are you talking about Linnuden?

You obviously missed the fun last night. No, there was a new poster on here last night putting everyone right. I think he's been shown the door.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64219 on: November 20, 2021, 12:30:22 pm »
Even Linudden conceded the guy must have had a few too many drinks.  ;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64220 on: November 20, 2021, 12:32:20 pm »
Even Linudden conceded the guy must have had a few too many drinks.  ;D

He must have been bad then - shame I missed it  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #64221 on: November 20, 2021, 01:14:40 pm »
He must have been bad then - shame I missed it  ;D
He just turned up, all guns blazing. It was never going to end well.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64222 on: November 20, 2021, 01:18:20 pm »
This bird has flown.
Vanished along with the posts it appears.
God damn it, I like the strange/weird/funny ones   :P

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64223 on: November 20, 2021, 01:26:54 pm »
God damn it, I like the strange/weird/funny ones   :P
We like you too, Paul.  ;)  :P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64224 on: November 21, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »
What the hell is going on in Europe now? Are people really so stupid that they don't realise the restrictions are needed to save lives? It's seems absolutely senseless.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64225 on: November 21, 2021, 04:03:51 pm »
What the hell is going on in Europe now? Are people really so stupid that they don't realise the restrictions are needed to save lives? It's seems absolutely senseless.
Madness, isn't it.  :-\

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64226 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:03 pm »
40004 new cases and 61 deaths reported today.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64227 on: November 21, 2021, 04:29:46 pm »
Madness, isn't it.  :-\

I feel so sorry for my Dutch friend. She has just lost both parents quite close and so is now on her own, and she is so stressed about all this other stuff going on. I keep trying to reassure her, but she feels like she's in the middle of this mad house at the moment.  :(

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64228 on: November 21, 2021, 04:45:08 pm »

Anti-Vaxx mobs. 

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64229 on: November 21, 2021, 06:24:31 pm »
I feel so sorry for my Dutch friend. She has just lost both parents quite close and so is now on her own, and she is so stressed about all this other stuff going on. I keep trying to reassure her, but she feels like she's in the middle of this mad house at the moment.  :(
The poor woman. That's a lot to deal with. I hope she'll be ok.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64230 on: November 21, 2021, 07:00:02 pm »
The poor woman. That's a lot to deal with. I hope she'll be ok.

Thanks, she is a toughie she's had to be.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64231 on: November 21, 2021, 09:26:44 pm »
me personally, i dont know what to think anymore.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64232 on: November 21, 2021, 09:34:48 pm »
About?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64233 on: November 21, 2021, 09:36:48 pm »
I'll tell you what I think, I think the whole world has gone stark raving fucking bonkers. It's like I went to bed one night in March last year and am still asleep now having the most insane, never ending nightmare.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64234 on: November 21, 2021, 09:39:54 pm »
:champ :champ :champ
If I had a prize to give
I'd give it you.

Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.
And when a lion appears, let your mind do its stuff.
 :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #64235 on: November 21, 2021, 09:57:46 pm »
About?
Solskjaer.  ;D

One thing I hate is how numbers are passed on to the public without the ability to compare. That isolates local effects, and maybe that's what people want. 40,000 new cases in England tell a story if you are in England and follow these numbers, but it does not put the entire picture in context. To me, the entire world-wide picture is more relevant. Why not give the number per million, so that one can compare country to country? Than it would be easier to see "hot spots", poor social policies, etc. And even the number of total cases per million means jack squat. It depends how testing is implemented. The most relevant number (IMHO) is deaths per 1M. Take Peru, for example. 91st in cases per 1M, 1st by far in deaths per 1M - 5,976. Then Bulgaria - 53rd in cases per million, 2nd in deaths per million with (3,953). Third in deaths per 1M is Bosnia (3,757), but it's only 73rd in cases per 1M. Etc, etc. Why would anyone even look at the cases per 1M unless testing is done the same way? The UK is 30th in deaths per 1M. It's not too dire in comparison to the world, or even Europe, but not too good when you consider only West European countries; only Italy posts worse numbers. And Sweden, whose policies were denounced by all West European countries, are ranked 55th in deaths per 1M with only a handful of European countries doing better. The US is 20th, ranking amongst the Eastern European countries and some South American ones. That's dire for an "advanced" economic power.

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #64236 on: November 21, 2021, 11:08:46 pm »
I agree mortality per million is the only comparable metric. But then you mention Sweden and it's been discussed to death here, but their population density is radically different.
I suspect their per capita income is much better too with more health service available.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64237 on: November 21, 2021, 11:18:34 pm »
Anti-Vaxx mobs.
It's funny how these clowns refuse to wear a mask when asked to in a pandemic, but are quite happy to mask up while throwing bricks at police.

We are talking about entitled, immature, selfish people who are stamping their feet and saying "we'll do what we want, not what you ask."

I'm convinced that you get these types to do something just by telling them they can't do it.

Tell them they can't have the vaccine and they'll be on the streets screaming to have it as their right.
Tell them not to wear masks and they'll wear one just to spite you. Ask them to wear a mask to help protect vulnerable others and they go apeshit, but they'll then be happy to mask up fully while they riot on the streets.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #64238 on: November 21, 2021, 11:24:11 pm »
I agree mortality per million is the only comparable metric. But then you mention Sweden and it's been discussed to death here, but their population density is radically different.
I suspect their per capita income is much better too with more health service available.
The population density has a secondary effect. One can compare metropolis areas like NY and LA, and indeed there are differences with more uniformly spread population, but they are not the driving factor.

I'd argue that scaling with per capita income compares social systems, but does not offer insight on the actions taken to slow or stop the spread of Covid. Yeah, the US would probably be the shittiest country, if the oil-rich Arab states don't skew the picture. But that's a different topic.

Regarding best policies, my personal opinion is that there is no clear answer. What if countries for which "Covid does not exist" reach heard immunity soon while others keep prolonging that with control measures, and as a result have Covid "controlled" for a decade? The cumulative deaths per capita might sway one way or the other. And yes, I know that there is a debate whether or not heard immunity is attainable. Anyway, there are so many arguments and opinions based on so little data that no other science field would consider credible enough justification... If the answer was obvious, all countries will take the same actions.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64239 on: November 21, 2021, 11:43:14 pm »
:champ :champ :champ
If I had a prize to give
I'd give it you.

Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

And when a lion appears, let your mind do its stuff.
 :)

For someone that overthinks a lot to my detriment I need to stick to that at times.