Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1514971 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9320 on: September 16, 2021, 02:01:59 pm »
Leeds united gang of c**ts

One of them got nicked by British Transport Police on my train on the way home for being racist. Horrible bastards

Watched the video of the “inside” the game on you tube.
Not as filtered or edited as the Sky coverage.
The booing of the knee was as loud as the clapping.
Absolutely disgraceful. Just as racist a part of the world as it was in the late 70s
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9321 on: September 16, 2021, 07:21:04 pm »
When you think that it took such an awful thing for our fan base to realise that the Munich chants were wrong, what will it take for others fan bases to realise that things like this aren’t ok? You wouldn’t wish such an awful thing to happen to anyone else ever again, I just don’t see other fan bases changing. Look at Leeds, they tragically lost 2 fans in Turkey, but they still think it’s ok to chant vile stuff at us. I have a friend who supports Cardiff and when Leeds turned up to theirs they were belting out Aberfan chants in relation to a non related football disaster, I mean WTF.

I often think that the media and press is to blame. We were tarnished in the press for so many years and people believed it, it doesn’t matter if you’re innocent or guilty, mud sticks. We don’t need reminded how the scum portrayed us, but from what I remember with the Leeds fans in Turkey there was never any mention of them smashing up the shops and brawling, it was just about the stabbings. You can bet if that is Liverpool fans it would have been painted a different picture. Look at Barca away, one idiot throws a local in the fountain and that’s what’s plastered all over the press and labelled racists, doesn’t matter about the 1000’s other good natured fans.

It’s a sad state of affairs but others won’t change, as people have mentioned before when these vile chants are directed towards us, we just have to belt out YNWA to them as that pisses them off, it’s the best response that we can give. Some of our fans still need educated about this and to do away with the Munich chants etc.

It’s better to be the better person and not sink to the sewer levels of other fan bases.

I honestly don't think there is any excuse for any fanbase singing about death, grief, poverty etc in this day and age. Everyone knows it's wrong. We live in different times now. We are are all more enlightened, whether we choose to act accordingly or not.

Personally, I don't think other fanbases will change at all. We changed because we were forced to by our own experience. It took a monumental, horrendous tragedy for that to happen though. We also live in an age of one-upmanship now, and people will use anything and everything they can to get in a dig and hurt others. In many ways, psychological and verbal violence has replaced physical violence.

Leeds are a strange one. They've always had a bad reputation. It's sad really, because I don't mind Leeds. The city is one of my favourite English cities. In the past I've had good conversations with Leeds fans online with lots of mutual respect for each others clubs. Sadly, they also have a fairly large element who simply cannot help themselves. They do seem stuck in a long-gone age. Maybe being away from the top table for so long doesn't help with that.

As far as how fans are perceived is concerned, well we are held to much higher standards than fans of other clubs. The smallest incident with Liverpool is blown up out of all proportion, whilst the antics of big groups of fans from many other clubs goes under the radar. By far the worst fanbase in the 70s was Man United. They were horrific. You'd never know it now though, as all their disgusting antics appear to have been airbrushed from history. They were absolute animals though. Feral savages with no redeeming qualities.

But no, I don't think much will change. The media ignore the worst culprits and turn a deaf ear to chants revelling in poverty, death, disaster and grief. I think the best our travelling support can do is stay aware that opposition are looking for reaction. They get off on our anger. We can deprive them of their buzz by simply singing about our own team and our own amazing history. There is no answer to that. The morons do not matter. They are pathetic throw-backs to darker times in history and are pretty sad when you think about it. Let them stew in their own pathetic bile and look and sound like the utter gobshites that they are.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9322 on: September 17, 2021, 07:34:25 pm »
We played them away in night matches in 93/94 (lost 1-0 to an Ince goal) and early in 98/99 (lost 2-0) and I remember the latter one being a bit nasty I think.

That 98/99 game was played on a Thursday night if I remember correctly, kicked off outside the ground between Utd and Liverpool fans big time.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9323 on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:15 pm »
That 98/99 game was played on a Thursday night if I remember correctly, kicked off outside the ground between Utd and Liverpool fans big time.

Yep, a Thursday night. No idea why!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9324 on: September 17, 2021, 11:10:16 pm »
There was also the song about the Woolworths fire, which at the time, I thought was hilarious. Thinking back to it now, it was a load of Mums with their kids who were the same age as me. Horrible.

But even if you take Liverpool and Manchester out of it, there was a lot of horrible shit at the time. People forget about the Leeds kid who died during trouble with them and Birmingham. And the reason it's forgotten is largely because the report was cut short because of the Bradford fire.

Then take football out of it and you had Chernobyl, the Zeebrugge ferry, Spaceshuttle Challenger and different celebrities dying of AIDS (just off the top of my head).

And the thing that sticks out in my mind, is that within ten minutes of any of the above happening, there were at least ten jokes doing the rounds. I was just a kid in Liverpool but I imagine it was the same for the rest of the country.

It's unimaginable now, but it's the way it was. I think society in general has evolved, even if it's just a bit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 11:12:35 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9325 on: September 18, 2021, 12:40:39 am »
There was also the song about the Woolworths fire, which at the time, I thought was hilarious. Thinking back to it now, it was a load of Mums with their kids who were the same age as me. Horrible.

But even if you take Liverpool and Manchester out of it, there was a lot of horrible shit at the time. People forget about the Leeds kid who died during trouble with them and Birmingham. And the reason it's forgotten is largely because the report was cut short because of the Bradford fire.

Then take football out of it and you had Chernobyl, the Zeebrugge ferry, Spaceshuttle Challenger and different celebrities dying of AIDS (just off the top of my head).

And the thing that sticks out in my mind, is that within ten minutes of any of the above happening, there were at least ten jokes doing the rounds. I was just a kid in Liverpool but I imagine it was the same for the rest of the country.

It's unimaginable now, but it's the way it was. I think society in general has evolved, even if it's just a bit.

Yep. I was in a chippy in Crosby just after the Challenger disaster and heard someone order a ''can of space shuttle'' with their food. The reference was to 7 Up, as that was the number of fatalities.  :-\  Grim stuff.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9326 on: September 18, 2021, 11:10:17 am »
I'm still a right shower'a bastard when we win.

Last week was fuck all and people got suckered into getting wound up. If our end had any clue, we'd be giving it the big scab shouts, on mass, though rightly or wrongly, we are a different generation these days.

Have to say as well though, the 2 pint glasses are a first for me and am well bought into the tyke twats idea. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #9327 on: September 18, 2021, 12:59:01 pm »
We played them away in night matches in 93/94 (lost 1-0 to an Ince goal) and early in 98/99 (lost 2-0) and I remember the latter one being a bit nasty I think.

I was at that one in Nov 98, there was absolute fuckin murder that night, our lads absolutely battered them down in Salford Quays, I didn't know at the time but apparently it was in response to their visit to Anfield the season before and they did a lad over in a wheelchair apparently? Heard that story a few years later but don't know if it was true. It was after that Thursday game at OT they started moving them to 11am kick offs for a while.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 01:01:49 pm by rodderzzz »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9328 on: September 18, 2021, 02:54:12 pm »
I was at that one in Nov 98, there was absolute fuckin murder that night, our lads absolutely battered them down in Salford Quays, I didn't know at the time but apparently it was in response to their visit to Anfield the season before and they did a lad over in a wheelchair apparently? Heard that story a few years later but don't know if it was true. It was after that Thursday game at OT they started moving them to 11am kick offs for a while.

It was an early kick off there in 96/97 because I went to that one. We played them the next season on Good Friday when Owen scored and got sent off so presume that was quite a boozy one. Felt like we’d quite often go there for a late Sunday kick off or midweek (the second Murphy winner, that Ferdinand come back game) but we’d always have to play them early at Anfield around the same time.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #9329 on: September 21, 2021, 09:30:13 pm »
Been absolutely amazing from start to finish tonight.
Couldn’t stop laughing at the Suarez song!
Well in to all who were there. 👍🏼
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #9330 on: September 21, 2021, 09:33:08 pm »
Sounded like Anfield. The Suarez song was boss  ;D
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9331 on: September 21, 2021, 09:35:55 pm »
This is the difference this season.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #9332 on: September 21, 2021, 09:36:12 pm »
Only one set of supporters there by the sounds of things
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9333 on: September 21, 2021, 09:36:33 pm »
Norwich must hate us lol.

I couldn't help but giggle at hearing our wonderful away supporters singing the Suarez song 😂😂😂 Brilliant

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9334 on: September 21, 2021, 09:36:52 pm »
Fantastic tonight well in all  :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #9335 on: September 21, 2021, 09:37:07 pm »
fantastic as always, miss that feeling of being in the away supporters gang
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ThoroughlyMediocre

• Main Stander
« Reply #9336 on: September 21, 2021, 09:37:53 pm »
Brilliant

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9337 on: September 21, 2021, 09:38:28 pm »
Best home and away fans in the country 👏

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9338 on: September 21, 2021, 09:38:35 pm »
great support tonight, sounds like they were having fun.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9339 on: September 21, 2021, 09:39:32 pm »
could hear them all night, fantastic
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9340 on: September 21, 2021, 09:46:14 pm »
Sounded like we were at home for much of the match, brilliant stuff. Safe journey home to all.

That Suarez song ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #9341 on: September 21, 2021, 09:55:57 pm »
Sounded like a home game. Well in the away support.
That Suarez song sure brought back some good memories. :wave

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9342 on: September 21, 2021, 10:00:29 pm »
Norwich must hate us lol.

I couldn't help but giggle at hearing our wonderful away supporters singing the Suarez song 😂😂😂 Brilliant

They really were fucking hating us but we just drowned them out every time they bit back  ;D

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #9343 on: September 21, 2021, 10:00:37 pm »
the Suarez song was a definite highlight ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9344 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:30 pm »
Suarez scoring an average of 2 goals every match against Norwich is something we ain’t letting go of 😂

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9345 on: September 21, 2021, 10:10:43 pm »
Good support from the away fans.

I don't think Suarez will be getting serenaded at Anfield in a few weeks once he starts his antics though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9346 on: September 21, 2021, 10:11:20 pm »
Absolutely brilliant tonight, lads. Loved hearing them through the TV. The Suarez song, as mentioned, was hilarious but at one point Norwich brought on a young lad and no sooner was it mentioned that he started at Everton were the away end singing "Blue & White shite", it just made me and me Dad laugh out loud, so cheers for that!

The 12th man indeed. Bring on 20 and 7!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9347 on: September 21, 2021, 10:12:20 pm »
Good support from the away fans.

I don't think Suarez will be getting serenaded at Anfield in a few weeks once he starts his antics though.

Relax, it's a Norwich-centric chant.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9348 on: September 21, 2021, 10:13:45 pm »
Absolutely brilliant tonight, lads. Loved hearing them through the TV. The Suarez song, as mentioned, was hilarious but at one point Norwich brought on a young lad and no sooner was it mentioned that he started at Everton were the away end singing "Blue & White shite", it just made me and me Dad laugh out loud, so cheers for that!
;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9349 on: September 21, 2021, 10:16:11 pm »
Relax, it's a Norwich-centric chant.

I'm aware of that, i'm jesting.

That's Luis's ground of course.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9350 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:45 pm »
brilliant . norwich must have the worsed fans ever . not a chant or song all night (

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #9351 on: September 21, 2021, 10:19:27 pm »
brilliant . norwich must have the worsed fans ever . not a chant or song all night (
Lets be havin you, where are you
YNWA

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9352 on: September 21, 2021, 10:20:06 pm »
Sounded like a home game. Well in the away support.
That Suarez song sure brought back some good memories. :wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJn0Ir49g

'Fckin knock him  out'  -  calm yourself Delia

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #9354 on: September 21, 2021, 11:47:07 pm »
The away fans were brilliant, it made the atmosphere. Norwich fans were poor, what do you expect though, only one home win since the season started in the last round of the cup.

My wife sat in the home fans tonight with our daughter whose 5 and it was her first game, she asked me at the end, "are the away fans always that loud"?
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #9355 on: September 22, 2021, 12:40:18 am »
Best home and away fans in the country 👏
Our neighbours say g'day moite!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #9356 on: September 22, 2021, 12:50:33 am »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #9357 on: September 22, 2021, 01:53:46 am »

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9358 on: September 22, 2021, 05:39:51 am »
The away fans were brilliant, it made the atmosphere. Norwich fans were poor, what do you expect though, only one home win since the season started in the last round of the cup.

My wife sat in the home fans tonight with our daughter whose 5 and it was her first game, she asked me at the end, "are the away fans always that loud"?

All I saw was families heading into Carrow Road, maybe the reason behind so poor last night?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9359 on: September 22, 2021, 08:50:57 am »