Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232441 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2019, 01:33:10 pm »
Yeah I'd prefer Kane to start as well even though he gave us a lot of problems in previous years. We are much better equipped to deal with him now plus him occupying that central role and not moving much from it would hinder either Son or Lucas imo. Also Llorente will be much easier for us to deal with than City and Ajax managed to.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:23 pm »
It's going to be tough. We either win on penalties or lose. We don't do easy finals.  :-X

I'm more worried about this final than last years in all honesty.

Our players needed this 3 week rest, we looked a bit tired yesterday.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: May 13, 2019, 02:02:31 pm »
It's going to be tough. We either win on penalties or lose. We don't do easy finals.  :-X

I'm more worried about this final than last years in all honesty.

Our players needed this 3 week rest, we looked a bit tired yesterday.

Hopefully we can change that and start creating a new chapter of our history as Klopp would say.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2019, 02:04:40 pm »
Hopefully mate, but narrative is starting again that Kloppo is yet to win anything with us and has lost his last 6 finals.  :(

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2019, 02:08:20 pm »
Hopefully mate, but narrative is starting again that Kloppo is yet to win anything with us and has lost his last 6 finals.  :(

Who cares.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2019, 02:08:31 pm »

That's part of the job, dealing with outside noise, he's aware of it, and so are the players, but they've shown all year long that they're focused on themselves.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: May 13, 2019, 02:10:00 pm »
I can't even bear to think about us losing this game. We simply have to win it.
Yep. Especially to Tottenham and Harry Kane. I'd probably go into hiding.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #647 on: May 13, 2019, 02:10:38 pm »
Hopefully we can change that and start creating a new chapter of our history as Klopp would say.

Agree with this. Feels like the start of a new chapter in our story. Similar feel to 1977 in my view, and that was a nice final...as was 1978 despite the close scoreline. I also have a hunch Salah is going to grab the headlines and put right his disappointment of 12 months ago. Win this with style and watch these brilliant boys go next season. Exciting times.

Up the reds!  :scarf :champ :scarf

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #648 on: May 13, 2019, 02:14:11 pm »
Is it June 1st yet?

Thank God for the massive, incredible, world class performance from Jurgen and the boys last Tuesday.  Today would feel completely different without this huge trophy waiting to be brought home.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: May 13, 2019, 02:14:19 pm »
I think the fact we aren't playing one of the other big European sides will help us. The referee is always under pressure in the final to favour the Real Madrid's and Munich's in these games as we know all to well after last season's final when Ramos got away with assaulting our players.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »

So?

It is what it is, shoe on the other foot and we'd be giving it large about about it too.   ;D One of them.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2019, 02:40:21 pm »

Who cares? He's still got another chance this season and if he wins that, yet another in the Super Cup. He'll win us plenty by the time he leaves.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2019, 02:49:44 pm »
Not afraid of Spurs in any way.

The thought of losing to Spurs though is completely different.

Come on Redmen
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2019, 02:54:20 pm »
I’ve a feeling we will rip Spurs apart with Mane and Salah on fire. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mane in for the Balon D’or too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2019, 02:56:15 pm »
June 1st seems like forever away.  Heard a rumor that we might be playing Glasgow Rangers at Melwood on May 22nd - anyone else heard anything?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 03:09:09 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2019, 02:58:02 pm »
We're the better team, thats for sure. We're hurt from last year, have the experience of the CL final, and we'll take that into this game.

We have to win it.

Remain hopefully and positive.

Offline Mackeroo

• Like mackerel, just more impressive. And bouncier.....now with added joeys.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2019, 03:54:39 pm »
We simply have to win this game. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #657 on: May 13, 2019, 04:29:19 pm »
We've been given the home dressing room even though we were the designated away team

I don't know if that's a good omen or not
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: May 13, 2019, 04:30:52 pm »
We've been given the home dressing room even though we were the designated away team

Meh, we've had good omens in the past and lost in the final.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #659 on: May 13, 2019, 04:56:44 pm »

Strange one that, any sort of reason for it? I read last week about being designated the away dressing room which would be smaller etc

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: May 13, 2019, 05:00:51 pm »
Strange one that, any sort of reason for it? I read last week about being designated the away dressing room which would be smaller etc

Apparently Andy Robertson's balls couldn't fit in the away dressing room.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: May 13, 2019, 05:09:14 pm »

For some reason it is related to where they are putting the Liverpool fans in terms of arrival at the ground and seating. Why that impacts the players dressing room I have no idea.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #662 on: May 13, 2019, 05:32:14 pm »
A lot will depend who gets the best preparations in. June 1st -  I imagine it will be pretty hot in Madrid.

We will go into the game as favourites - so added bit of pressure.  Expect spurs to come out all guns blazing first half.

I think there will be goals, so not a tight affair but still expect this to go to extra time possibly penalties.

This team deserves something this season - and if we can win this I think we will win the league next season. We have the quality, we just need the belief and confidence to go with it.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #663 on: May 13, 2019, 05:38:31 pm »
3-1 to us

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #664 on: May 13, 2019, 05:42:49 pm »
3 weeks before our next game. Please hope we dont go on one of those mini dubai camp trips again. each time we have had a break this season we have come back and slumped to draws etc. When we have had games thick and fast we have been wining like 3 times a week.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:34 pm »
We ought to just have a friendly with Arsenal at some point, would be useful for both sides and I wouldn't exactly see too many dangerous tackles flying in either!  ;D

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #666 on: May 13, 2019, 05:45:50 pm »
3 weeks before our next game. Please hope we dont go on one of those mini dubai camp trips again. each time we have had a break this season we have come back and slumped to draws etc. When we have had games thick and fast we have been wining like 3 times a week.

My sanctimonies Fazakerley.  We were as good as we were because we HAD to be that good with games coming thick and fast.  Three weeks is way too long with zero competitiveness going on.  It neutralises to some extent the obvious advantage we have over the Drury Lane Fan-Dancers. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »

We're off to Marbella next Monday for a week ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2019, 05:49:55 pm »
I get the impression (could be wrong) those breaks were used to put in some pretty hard yards which is why we’ve been a little jaded after them. Also why we were able to maintain our form til the end of the season.

I imagine if we do on one now it won’t be the same type of session. I wouldn’t be that worried about any break somewhere warm. The 3 weeks isn’t ideal but it’s the same for both clubs and give us the chance for a short rest which the players look like they need.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:03 pm »

Something something royal baby.

Anyone know what Deirdre Barlow is up to?

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:29 pm »
It's weird. I'm dead nervous now that it's a fellow top 6 team, but if I think of it as the FA Cup final, I wouldn't be half as nervous.

Surely last year's defeat coupled with narrowly missing out on the title means they'll go out all guns blazing on this one.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2019, 05:54:26 pm »

Glad someone's said this. Omen's don't win football matches. Owen's did once upon a time.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2019, 06:01:18 pm »

We've had draws when we were playing 3 times a week as well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: May 13, 2019, 06:01:50 pm »
I get the impression (could be wrong) those breaks were used to put in some pretty hard yards which is why we’ve been a little jaded after them. Also why we were able to maintain our form til the end of the season.

I imagine if we do on one now it won’t be the same type of session. I wouldn’t be that worried about any break somewhere warm. The 3 weeks isn’t ideal but it’s the same for both clubs and give us the chance for a short rest which the players look like they need.

And the break last year wasn't an issue in the final. We know how to prepare for this.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
This will be the longest pre-match thread ever. ;D

Three weeks works for and against both sides.  If they want to risk Kane he'll be rusty as feck, and we've not been so dependent on Salah this year.  We have dangerous players all over the pitch.  We may be sluggish, but they will be too.

Spurs will fight hard, but perhaps at some point they will start to think, "well we never really expected to get this far anyway..." and their heads may begin to drop as the spectacle overwhelms them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2019, 06:44:37 pm »
This will be the longest pre-match thread ever. ;D

Three weeks works for and against both sides.  If they want to risk Kane he'll be rusty as feck, and we've not been so dependent on Salah this year.  We have dangerous players all over the pitch.  We may be sluggish, but they will be too.

Spurs will fight hard, but perhaps at some point they will start to think, "well we never really expected to get this far anyway..." and their heads may begin to drop as the spectacle overwhelms them.

I imagine it'll hit 100 pages by kick off!

Salah will be determined to not only enjoy the final but win it as well.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 13, 2019, 06:45:23 pm »
Here we go.... The media love in with Kane has kicked into gear now on ITV news...
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: May 13, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
I imagine it'll hit 100 pages by kick off!

Salah will be determined to not only enjoy the final but win it as well.

Totally this!

Have said it before and worth repeating, one thing Barca and RM seem to have in common is the intention to take our players out.  Spurs might be diving little cheats but they're not that bad.

That said this season we've coped very well with injuries.  They're more likely to lose Sir Harry of Kane for a long stretch if they risk him in the final when he's not 100%.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: May 13, 2019, 07:03:02 pm »
Totally this!

Have said it before and worth repeating, one thing Barca and RM seem to have in common is the intention to take our players out.  Spurs might be diving little cheats but they're not that bad.

That said this season we've coped very well with injuries.  They're more likely to lose Sir Harry of Kane for a long stretch if they risk him in the final when he's not 100%.

I've said before but I think he'll be torn between wanting to win the CL and wanting to be fit for the Nations League.