Author Topic: PL: Southampton 1 v 2 Liverpool Redmond 13’ 南野拓実 27’ Matip 67’  (Read 23006 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Wait, what? Surely that's not true? I always thought the whole VAR stuff was going on behind closed doors. If TV commentators could hear them talk, they'd surely be talking a lot more about what VAR is doing and they'd be able to clear things up more often instead of sitting there clueless about what's going on or why a decision was made.
I don't know whther they can hear what's being said between VAR and ref or VAR and Asst VAR, but they do have an indication when a check is being made and what the check is for. I've asked before for evidence that they can hear the VAR's actual words but I've not seen anything satisfactory to support that yet

Since when did VAR check for this kind of thing? The only technology is between the posts. It would need to be out of play by a long way to be clear and obvious. Desperate stuff really. Same at the weekend when City missed the Pen, Tyler and Neville desparate for the keeper to be 1mm off his line and have it retaken.
They always check that kind of corner that skirts the byline if there's a goal after it. It's routine and background. It's nothing to do with goal-line tech.

VAR supposedly check things continuously as the game progresses and most of it we never hear about.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think the issue was that Tyler saw fit to mention something that is routine. Why did he see fit to mention something so routine, especially as the monitor in front of him will have shown it was nowhere near to going out.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
I think the issue was that Tyler saw fit to mention something that is routine. Why did he see fit to mention something so routine, especially as the monitor in front of him will have shown it was nowhere near to going out.

The answer to that begins with the word ‘because’ and ends in ‘c*nt’

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
He’s a bellend
:thumbup

I'm a relatively late convert but well on board.  He was my favourite player for a good few seasons and I loved the We All Dream of a Team of Carraghers song.  For me he didn't step up during the Hicks/Gillett saga and it's all been downhill since really.

700 appearances and being a one club player won't ever be taken away from him.  I even think we might have won the title in 2013/14 if he'd stuck around for one more season.  Doesn't mean he's not a bellend though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would love that. Curious why they don't do that here, I can't think of a reason other than they don't want to be held accountable. They obviously relay it to the commentators, I'm not sure why they don't just let everyone know what the conversation is.

Watch a Rugby League game, its night and day. I was watching Huddersfield v Wigan the other day and you hear the referee talking, asking to see another angle, then explaining what he is seeing and then the decision.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Drury is miles ahead of Tyler, and at least puts some oomph and emotion into it, but he has a tendency to get far too overwrought and hysterical at times, with his warbling voice and faux emotional profundity until he becomes almost a parody of commentating. You begin to imagine him asking his wife to pass the marmalade with the same kind of histrionics and it all just starts becoming too funny for words

But I suppose it's horses for courses; people have their own particular styles of commentary they like, which probably has a lot to do with who they grew up listening to. Alan Green and Mike Ingham on the radio will always be my top choice for commentary, yet I know others dislike them

shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

:lmao

Excellent. Never seen that before but it's exactly what I meant ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah Drury is miles ahead of Tyler, and at least puts some oomph and emotion into it, but he has a tendency to get far too overwrought and hysterical at times, with his warbling voice and faux emotional profundity until he becomes almost a parody of commentating. You begin to imagine him asking his wife to pass the marmalade with the same kind of histrionics and it all just starts becoming too funny for words

But I suppose it's horses for courses; people have their own particular styles of commentary they like, which probably has a lot to do with who they grew up listening to. Alan Green and Mike Ingham on the radio will always be my top choice for commentary, yet I know others dislike them

Agree with the latter point (to be very honest with you ;)). I always loved Barry Davies, but couldn't stand Motson and (to a lesser extent) Moore. Might be why I've never minded Tyler too much, as apart from lacking Davies' lyrical quality, his delivery has always been calmer and more thoughtful than many - also grew up watching Yorkshire TV, where Tyler commentated on everything in the late 70s/early 80s (before the inferior John Helm).

There are bits of Tyler's commentary that seem to needlessly caveat successes or good play; but I don't watch other big six games, so no idea how he sounds to them (and many of their fans seem to have similar complaints). The one criticism I don't really get is his delivery on the actual scoring of a goal: it's the last thing I'm bothered about at that moment in time. Last point about Tyler; for all that Andy Gray turned out to be a total twat, he was Tyler's perfect commentary partner, for some reason. Never quite been the same since.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Love this from Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/usavmf/the_difference_between_martin_tyler_peter_drury/

Drury vs. Tyler on the Matip goal.

I like Drury but he can be too much sometimes. Don't get me wrong I'd pick him over Tyler every day of the week.

Arlo White on NBC is the best for Premier League games: 8:16 in for the comparison goal:
https://dood.pm/e/lpompw4jv7zl20h82ztqr6e85k95lpk?c_poster=https://www.matchweek.top

Also Alisson's goal:
https://streamable.com/8tc3un

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea 2019:
https://streamable.com/wxk93c
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:52:15 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
+ Daily Mail, UK: "Southampton fans tease visiting Liverpool supporters by singing God Save the Queen"

Southampton fans have taunted visiting Liverpool supporters by singing the National Anthem during their Premier League clash at St Mary's - just 24 hours after 'God Save the Queen' was at the centre of a row between the Government and Jurgen Klopp.

A section of fans in the Southampton end were heard airing the anthem midway through the first half, before Liverpool's away end responded with a chant of 'f*** the Tories'.

The Sex Pistols' version of God Save the Queen was played on the public announcement system at half-time in a mischievous move from the Saints DJ.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
+ Daily Mail, UK: "Southampton fans tease visiting Liverpool supporters by singing God Save the Queen"

Southampton fans have taunted visiting Liverpool supporters by singing the National Anthem during their Premier League clash at St Mary's - just 24 hours after 'God Save the Queen' was at the centre of a row between the Government and Jurgen Klopp.

A section of fans in the Southampton end were heard airing the anthem midway through the first half, before Liverpool's away end responded with a chant of 'f*** the Tories'.

The Sex Pistols' version of God Save the Queen was played on the public announcement system at half-time in a mischievous move from the Saints DJ.

:lmao :lmao :lmao perhaps the author should listen to the lyrics of said song.
:D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao :lmao :lmao perhaps the author should listen to the lyrics of said song.

It's like the soft twat has never heard the song, knows it was banned and how sales figures were manipulated to stop it getting to no 1.

God Save The Queen
A fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H bomb

Johnny Rotten has explained the lyrics as follows: "You don't write 'God Save the Queen' because you hate the English race. You write a song like that because you love them, and you're fed up with them being mistreated." He intended to evoke sympathy for the English working class and a general resentment towards the monarchy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Save_the_Queen_(Sex_Pistols_song)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
How proud the Soton fans must feel to have The Daily Mail praising them...

Lol :lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
When the Daily Mail has to resort to The Sex Pistols to chuck barbs at us, you know we're living rent free in their heads. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How proud the Soton fans must feel to have The Daily Mail praising them...

Lol :lmao
Clueless as usual from the mail. I detest that rag and the people that lap up its bile, lies and defence of the indefensible.

There's no hope for the Southampton PA if he thought it was a wind up to us.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:21:17 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Clueless as usual from the mail. I detest that rag and the people that lap up its bile, lies and defence of the indefensible.

A bunch of hypocrites as well.

The website will feature some shock horror story of child abusers whilst the side column has scores of stories featuring scantily clad wenches bragging about their sex lives.

I have only looked once, honest.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
I used to like Drury but he is getting too much nowadays. Starting to believe his own hype and needs to tone it down a bit with the constant search for a legendary quote.

Agreed. I remember seeing a compilation of him shouting "wow!" when a goal went in and it kind of cheapened the appeal  ;D

Clive Tyldesley is the GOAT for me

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

So... the only single bit of the Mail story you accept is their silly guess as to why the Southampton DJ played that song? Sounds more like he played it as a too-subtle-for-the-Mail gesture of support to Liverpool fans for their stance at Wembley.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
So... the only single bit of the Mail story you accept is their silly guess as to why the Southampton DJ played that song? Sounds more like he played it as a too-subtle-for-the-Mail gesture of support to Liverpool fans for their stance at Wembley.

Sounds like a piss take by the DJ aimed at supporting us.

Not like he played the National Dirge at half time, the the Saints fans doffed their cloth caps and sung along with gusto.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like a piss take by the DJ aimed at supporting us.

Not like he played the National Dirge at half time, the the Saints fans doffed their cloth caps and sung along with gusto.

It does, as no way does the DJ not get the song.

I've tried to get it played this Sunday as I know the fella who works with George doing the AV but sadly its a set playlist and he cannot change it.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake

I've tried to get it played this Sunday as I know the fella who works with George doing the AV but sadly its a set playlist and he cannot change it.

Get it done  :D

Next episode in the Daily Mail saga...Anfield Piles on the Disrespect by Blasting Sex Pistols Song Calling the Queen a Fascist!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:06:02 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
People love Sex Pistols? Sorry, I am not from United Kingdom.

It's kind of cool name, Sex Pistols. Based on Wiki, they are English punk rock band.

Will spend some time listening to them in office later. Hope it's a good song / nice music.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's kind of cool name, Sex Pistols. Based on Wiki, they are English punk rock band.

Will spend some time listening to them in office later. Hope it's a good song / nice music.

Loved the Pistols as a kid, my Dad hated them ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yqrAPOZxgzU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yqrAPOZxgzU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q31WY0Aobro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q31WY0Aobro</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2Ah1JM9mf60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2Ah1JM9mf60</a>

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Get in done  :D

Next episode in the Daily Mail saga...Anfield Piles on the Disrespect by Blasting Sex Pistols Song Calling the Queen a Fascist!

I've really tried but he's not allowed to change the playlist. The players pick most of it, so we need one of them to ask for it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No not at all. That's why I worded my comment the way I did, because there is a possibility that he isn't as clueless as the mail and knew exactly what he was playing.
I'm pretty sure there's a bit of Labour presence in and around Southampton too.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan

Over-rated "shouty" pub rock band
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
I like Drury but he can be too much sometimes. Don't get me wrong I'd pick him over Tyler every day of the week.

I tend to agree on Drury.

He's obviously a talented commentator but there's something a little too rehearsed about some of his 'poetry'. I'm not sure he actually always gets the tone right, but in the opposite sense to Tyler. Not every goal is worthy of a Shakespearian-lite soliloquy; painting the image with a hyperbolic flourish; the Sistine Chapel in oral form...GOD, I'm doing it now!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The problem with Tyler is that he does show excitement and hype things up, but only for a narrowing set of circumstances. i.e Utd doing well.

I remember his ridiculous fawning over Martial when he scored v us. Then there was his tower of power nonsense with Zlatan. The worst I remember was I think when Rooney was closing in on a landmark goal and (I think came on as sub v us) and whenever he picked up the ball he was full of "is this the moment" etc.

Compared with the examples above, and given the quality of team we have and the momentous games we've been involved in, it clearly hasn't been enough to enthuse Tyler  :)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability

Unpopular opinion, Tyler is not anti-Liverpool. However, as C.A.F.E. suggests, he's lacking in enthusiasm for general goals even if they are significant. Part of his schtick is to create a narrative, a story to the match that the viewer can jump on and invest in. This is deliberate but can be very irritating. Having spent the bulk of his Sky years watching Manchester United dominate, he's established a weird muscle memory that insists on him continuing to give a 'big deal' emphasis on anything they do.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Unpopular opinion, Tyler is not anti-Liverpool. However, as C.A.F.E. suggests, he's lacking in enthusiasm for general goals even if they are significant. Part of his schtick is to create a narrative, a story to the match that the viewer can jump on and invest in. This is deliberate but can be very irritating. Having spent the bulk of his Sky years watching Manchester United dominate, he's established a weird muscle memory that insists on him continuing to give a 'big deal' emphasis on anything they do.

The most animated he sounded during the game was when the 'whole country is behind Liverpool' thing was discussed, and he sounded apoplectic at the suggestion (genuinely he did, if he'd been allowed to swear I imagine he'd have said 'Well I'm fucking not!')
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
The most animated he sounded during the game was when the 'whole country is behind Liverpool' thing was discussed, and he sounded apoplectic at the suggestion (genuinely he did, if he'd been allowed to swear I imagine he'd have said 'Well I'm fucking not!')
I heard that and my take was his acknowledgment that many football fans can’t stomach Liverpool, which is palpably true. Carragher appeared to have the same opinion.

I think we’re entering a phase of football fandom where every set of fans has developed a persecution complex and the world is against them. Hypersensitivity to the tone and words of neutral commentators has turned a bit nuts. Only last week Martin Tyler was apparently booed by City fans at the unveiling of the Aguero statue. So is he anti-City as well?

Taking a step back, I think this stuff is getting out of hand.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I heard that and my take was his acknowledgment that many football fans can’t stomach Liverpool, which is palpably true. Carragher appeared to have the same opinion.

I think we’re entering a phase of football fandom where every set of fans has developed a persecution complex and the world is against them. Hypersensitivity to the tone and words of neutral commentators has turned a bit nuts. Only last week Martin Tyler was apparently booed by City fans at the unveiling of the Aguero statue. So is he anti-City as well?

Taking a step back, I think this stuff is getting out of hand.

It may well be but perhaps the onus is on broadcasters to up their game instead of stoking the flames of rivalry?

Maybe they could also use their positions of influence to lobby for positive change within the game, such as by questioning the role of PGMOL or whether nation states owning football teams is good for the game long term.

Perhaps instead of trying to create the news they could try reporting it instead. Perhaps they could start by insisting on basic standards of professionalism for the pundits and commentators that they employ and stop fanning flames by constantly referring to what "social media is saying".

Who knows, if the broadcasters take a lead, maybe some of the extreme reactions die down a bit? They won't of course because the status quo is easy for them, and they don't really care about the future of the game beyond its role in keeping their tills ringing.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

a bit off topic of course - but how's George doing?  any idea when he's gonna call it a day? (not wishing for that at all, just curious)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 01:39:20 pm by SamLad »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tyler's voice is the best in my opinion. Love his voice.

But he's well past it. I don't get why I've seen people cry over his lack of reaction to our goal as though it was down to bias when he barely reacted to Southampton's goal despite it looking an absolute screamer on first watch (before the deflection was evident).

His beed to drone on and add his opinion way too much is a sign of his age I feel. He's had a great career though, I feel no bitterness towards him. He's just over the hill.

I saw someone mention Motson. He actually retired from live football in 2008 but hung around for MOTD for a good few years. He was well past it at that point in 08 too. Tyler has done well to hang on for as long as he has really considering they're the same age.

The idea Carra is biased against us will always be one of the most hilarious things I see on here. Him having his own opinions sometimes that go against yours doesn't make him biased. You see much worse things in here almost every half time thread or post match if it's a bad result, or there will be always disagreements on ref decisions. Doesn't make anyone not a Red. The last derby he was so in favour of us and disparaging of Everton it was funny. I know I'll never convince people on this so it's a good thing I find it funny.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 03:47:34 pm by B0151? »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
a bit off topic of course - but how's George doing?  any idea when he's gonna call it a day? (not wishing for that at all, just curious)

They'll have to drag him out of there in a coffin.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
They'll have to drag him out of there in a coffin.
Good.

Well, y'know what I mean.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
Used to like Tyler back in the day. He cut his teeth away from the establishment and seemed a fan of good football. Remember he was at BSB when they only had Scottish football and commentating enthusiastically on games most would consider beneath them. Just gone on too long and not sure why Sky keep him as their go to commentator. No able replacements? Like most of us of a certain age we get a bit grumpy when forced to go out in the cold when we'd rather be at home with a glass of something having a kip.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Over-rated "shouty" pub rock band

Weren't you the guy who described Thunderstruck as heavy metal?

Fair to say the genre isn't to your liking but whilst they are hardly going down in history as musical prodigies creating beautiful melodies (if you want that hit up some Dream Theatre and embrace the prog) but they are iconic and were at the forefront of the subculture back then so don't do them down too much