Author Topic: Ticketless fans in Paris  (Read 48804 times)

Offline Kitch83

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketless fans in Paris
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2022, 12:32:23 pm »
Fucking heartbroken writing this, but it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to get to Paris thanks to my passport renewal not coming through in time.

With that in mind, I'm looking to swap the final ticket that I have for Wolves (ideally 3).

My final ticket is level 2, behind the goal (£129, including fees). If there is any difference we can sort that separately.

Full disclosure, I'm going to leave it until Friday to see if I get anything back from the Passport Office, but if not then this swap will be available.

Mods - I hope you don't mind me posting this. Please remove if needed.

Cheers,

Mark

My mate called up and said he needed his expediting to attend a funeral and it came though in a couple of days... worth a try at least?!

Offline MattH66

• Kemlynite
  • These are the times.... lets enjoy!!
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2022, 12:41:09 pm »
Much appreciated, thanks mate.
trying to get included in this WA group, who needs to be PM/DM'd to request this?
Life long red since standing on the Kop for the first time in '76.  Unfortunately now living in Hertfordshire.
Enjoy this time as Reds!!
YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2022, 12:45:23 pm »
And batons. My uncle got hammered off two of them, ended up with 5 stitches in his head

We got chased by them wielding batons.  I ended up on the floor, and just as one of them was about to hit me with his, some bloke managed to pick me up and get me to safety.   I am female by the way.  Really don't know how I was a threat to him  ::)
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2022, 01:17:38 pm »
Not if he's swapping for Wolves tickets.

True

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2022, 01:21:43 pm »
We got chased by them wielding batons.  I ended up on the floor, and just as one of them was about to hit me with his, some bloke managed to pick me up and get me to safety.   I am female by the way.  Really don't know how I was a threat to him  ::)
Yep - I think with them, it was a case of lash out first - check later. They didn't care who they hit....the group I was in there were a few older kids and they were lashing out like Conan the Barbarian, oblivious to who they connected with !

Offline Nocter

• Main Stander
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2022, 02:01:15 pm »
I just downloaded that app but it suggests another app for buying tickets on your phone which it says my phone is incompatible with which is a pain.

Was hoping we might get a free travel pass with our tickets like we did in Madrid.

Same with me, even tho I've a good phone. Anyone get it working? Half hoping it's geo-locked and it'll work when we get there

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2022, 03:22:27 pm »
Fucking heartbroken writing this, but it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to get to Paris thanks to my passport renewal not coming through in time.

With that in mind, I'm looking to swap the final ticket that I have for Wolves (ideally 3).

My final ticket is level 2, behind the goal (£129, including fees). If there is any difference we can sort that separately.

Full disclosure, I'm going to leave it until Friday to see if I get anything back from the Passport Office, but if not then this swap will be available.

Cheers,

Mark

Me cousin has just called amd he's trying to contact you . Check your inbox mate. Nice one.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2022, 05:38:10 pm »
Not if he's swapping for Wolves tickets.
Hahaha of course, I'm an idiot.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2022, 06:22:56 pm »
Same with me, even tho I've a good phone. Anyone get it working? Half hoping it's geo-locked and it'll work when we get there

It looks like you need to have one of their passes to work (Navigo pass). You scan it, activate it then buy tickets or top it up…It would have been nice to avoid queues to buy tickets but it looks useless to me…

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2022, 09:19:23 pm »
Paris Travelcards:

https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs/paris-visite-travel-pass

Seen the above link in another thread.........posted here just in case anyone missed it. Could be useful and no messing around trying to get tickets.
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JHennerley

• Kemlynite

Offline L5red

• Main Stander
  • Upper Centenary
« Reply #252 on: May 20, 2022, 02:23:27 am »

Cheers,

Mark

Tried to PM you mate but it won't allow for some reason.

I have added you on Twitter and can help with a Wolves pair of needs be.
L5

Offline L5red

• Main Stander
  • Upper Centenary
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2022, 02:54:39 am »
cheers for this, just booked a reso as well, still hoping for a big screen fanzone somewhere, if not this place should be mint with the outdoor garden too, also looked up the location and its really close to my Airbnb!
You should be able to send/receive pm's now. You'd need to find the person in this thread that started it mate, could be a couple of pages back.

Can I get added please I'm unable to DM
L5

Offline lfcgareth

• Main Stander
« Reply #254 on: May 20, 2022, 07:27:19 am »
Hi! Can I get my post count increased please so that I can message the lad organising the WhatsApp group? Thanks in advance.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2022, 07:36:25 am »
Can I get added please I'm unable to DM
try now mate.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 20, 2022, 07:37:01 am »
Hi! Can I get my post count increased please so that I can message the lad organising the WhatsApp group? Thanks in advance.
done

Offline Nocter

• Main Stander
« Reply #257 on: May 20, 2022, 09:25:17 am »
done

Any chance of being allowed PM also please?

Offline Saint66

• Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2022, 09:39:30 am »
try now mate.

Any chance I can get added to WA group.  Lone traveller so would be great to hook up with some reds

Offline stan_the_van

• Main Stander
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2022, 09:51:46 am »
Any chance I can get added to WA group.  Lone traveller so would be great to hook up with some reds
Could I be added to the WhatsApp group please.

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2022, 09:54:20 am »
I live in Paris, i would love to meet some of our travelling supporters next week. Can I be added to the WhatsApp group please?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2022, 11:32:10 am »

Cheers,

Mark
Check your pms mate I can offer you my kop pair for Wolves and the money difference.
I'll be outside the stadium from around 1pm so...

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2022, 11:39:17 am »
Lad on Twitter from Paris has confirmed there will be definitely be a fan zone with screen...they will announce it later.

Offline tomx

• Main Stander
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2022, 11:40:32 am »
Still no BOSS party confirmation...Waiting on this.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2022, 12:46:21 pm »
Paris Travelcards:

https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs/paris-visite-travel-pass

Seen the above link in another thread.........posted here just in case anyone missed it. Could be useful and no messing around trying to get tickets.

There’s are still tickets you have to get when you get there, doesn’t seem be anything like the London tube where you just use your contactless card

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2022, 12:52:22 pm »

Offline MattH66

• Kemlynite
  • These are the times.... lets enjoy!!
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2022, 01:07:12 pm »
There’s are still tickets you have to get when you get there, doesn’t seem be anything like the London tube where you just use your contactless card

I ordered a three day ticket from Parisinfo.com yesterday.  gets you on all public transport ..... hopefully dhl will deliver before i leave!! :-\
Life long red since standing on the Kop for the first time in '76.  Unfortunately now living in Hertfordshire.
Enjoy this time as Reds!!
YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2022, 01:16:50 pm »
Anyone asking if they can PM all seem to be on 50 posts now so you should be ok folks.

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2022, 01:26:48 pm »

you don’t need to buy separate ppaer tickets if you get the ”Navigo Découverte” card. It costs 5 euros and you can buy one at any train/metro station. You’ll then need to load up a ticket on it. You should get the daily one for zones 1-3 since stade de france is in zone 3 and paris is zone 1. it costs 10€, so a total of 15€ if you include the card (tip if you know anyone who lives in paris, you get the card for free if they show proof of residency, you still have to load it with a ticket though  ;D )

Offline R D Ender

• Boys Pen
  • The Road End United Will Never Be Defeated
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2022, 01:45:44 pm »
For those Guys and Girls wanting to watch the game in Paris itself, rather than nearer the stadium, I can recommend the Latin Quarter.
It is located  across the road from Notre Dame Cathedral.
Large amount of Bars and Restaurants, Hope this helps..........UP THE REDS........   

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l3m1vOK3e8c/hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCOgCEMoBSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLBlTjKO4giGUJDtdS0NMlqI8APqDg

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2022, 01:47:09 pm »
That’s a Main Street from googling it, be weird if it’s there just isn’t big enough
I think there's a pedestrianised bit though - a bit like the Ramblas in Barcelona...... though not that wide I agree, but runs the length seemingly.

Offline R D Ender

• Boys Pen
  • The Road End United Will Never Be Defeated
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2022, 02:01:06 pm »
Bevvied there before,
Many  bars along different pedestrianised streets, its the student area "Happy Hours", lots of drink offers etc.....
Worth looking on You Tube, pick the link of the pic in my previous post, and go from there.
You will be hard pushed to find an area in Paris with so many bars condensed in one area,
 Most of the bars have Screens and show sports, they look like small bars from the outside but all open up and are big inside.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:04:32 pm by R D Ender »

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2022, 02:13:20 pm »
Will the game be on terrestrial TV in France or only via Satellite channels ?
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2022, 02:17:01 pm »
Will the game be on terrestrial TV in France or only via Satellite channels ?

It will be on terrestrial tv. TF1 (biggest national tv channel) are going to show it

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2022, 02:19:52 pm »
That’s a Main Street from googling it, be weird if it’s there just isn’t big enough
You're right...that's way too narrow and surely not the place... It's not suitable to screen a game unless you're putting on 50 screens 

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2022, 02:49:32 pm »
You're right...that's way too narrow and surely not the place... It's not suitable to screen a game unless you're putting on 50 screens

Place de la Nation apparently.

Sure we'll find out over the weekend or early next week anyway!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2022, 03:19:11 pm »
Place de la Nation apparently.

Sure we'll find out over the weekend or early next week anyway!
Yeah - that Place de la Nation looks bigger & better.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2022, 03:19:44 pm »
https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Une-deferlante-de-supporters-de-liverpool-attendue-a-paris-le-28-mai/1334047

More than 50,000 Liverpool supporters expected in Paris on May 28
Liverpool supporters here in the fan zone in Madrid ahead of the 2018-19 Champions League final.  (D. Despotovic/The Team)
Liverpool supporters here in the fan zone in Madrid ahead of the 2018-19 Champions League final. (D. Despotovic/The Team)
More than 50,000 Liverpool supporters are expected on May 28 in Paris for the Champions League final against Real Madrid at the Stade de France. Faced with this English influx, a huge reception area will be set up on the Cours de Vincennes, to the east of the capital.
Alban Traquet
updated on May 20, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.

It was a tour de force for the public authorities, the bodies concerned (FFF and UEFA) and the State services: organizing a Champions League final in three months, when UEFA's specifications required it. legally eighteen. The Russian invasion in Ukraine, launched on February 24, led to the relocation of the Champions League final - initially scheduled for Saint Petersburg - to the Stade de France, in Saint-Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis) under the impulse of the President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron.

The President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, should not attend the Champions League final
One week before the event, and after more than seventy preparatory meetings, to date, between the various actors involved, under the aegis of the prefect hors classe Michel Cadot, interministerial delegate for major sporting events (Diges), the system reception of the supporters of the two clubs is almost finalized. Liverpool and Real Madrid supporters will have 22,000 seats each, including VIPs.

Real fans will meet near the Stade de France
On the Spanish side, the “fan meeting point” will be located in the public part of the Legion of Honor park, in Saint-Denis, near the Stade de France. It will open Saturday at midday, will close around 5 p.m., and will be reserved for Madrid fans in possession of a ticket for the final.

Real Madrid fans attending the Champions League final were expected to gather near the Stade de France.  (G. van Keulen/Sports Press)
Real Madrid fans attending the Champions League final were expected to gather near the Stade de France. (G. van Keulen/Sports Press)
On the other hand, the discussions were denser to find a base suitable for the British supporters, who will be much more numerous. The authorities estimate that they will be between 50,000 and 60,000 to come to Paris next weekend (including the 22,000 ticket holders ). To accommodate them, half a dozen avenues have been explored, such as that of the Jean-Bouin stadium. But the enclosure hosts "hospitalities" linked to the Roland-Garros tournament.

UEFA settles the bill
The choice finally fell, according to our information, on a long artery to the east of the capital: the Cours de Vincennes. An option which was not necessarily that of the town hall of Paris, which anticipated in particular the reaction of local residents, and which had proposed hall 1 of the exhibition center at Porte de Versailles, south of the capital. Option rejected for safety reasons: too many smokers or the "cracking" of smoke bombs in this closed place could have triggered the fire alert system, causing an evacuation of the public without an immediate plan B...

This “fan zone” in the Cours de Vincennes should open at 2 p.m. on the day of the final, and will not only be reserved for Reds supporters, whether or not they have a ticket for the match. Pat-downs will be carried out to enter the area and musical entertainment is planned inside: two giant screens will be installed to broadcast the concerts that will take place in the afternoon. Food trucks and beer taps will also be available. The bill for the organization of these two spaces, Spanish and English, is paid by UEFA. As for the FFF, it has legal and operational responsibility.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2022, 03:36:54 pm »
So they must be closing that road to traffic - makes sense and good that there's giant screens. Where do they get this figure of 22, 000 from - thought it was just under 20k ?

Edit - well done MP for finding this !
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 03:42:54 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2022, 03:42:44 pm »
Sounds from the article like the giant screens are just for the 'concert' during the day at this stage though. But you'd at least know you can contain everyone to one area. Fingers crossed they can just show the match on them.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.