Author Topic: Critical Race Theory  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Critical Race Theory
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2022, 12:10:02 pm »
The general public in my experience often conflates CRT with critical social theory in the social sciences, which does try to make sense of the caste connection. White people in the U.S. are right to be skeptical when scholars argue that discrimination helped the white community develop immense wealth at the expense of minorities. Most of them look around and they legitimately aren't much better off. Crenshaw mentions white elites, and she is spot on, but that isn't emphasized enough within general political discourse. The white community in the U.S. thinks CRT, as mode of analysis, assumes that the term “white” is synonymous with “wealth.” CRT doesn't make that assumption, but critical social theory does at times when it really shouldn't.

White households are generally wealthier than other races, and earn more income, but the wealth inequality in the white community itself is so enormous that most white households aren’t that much better off. In fact, the difference in median net worth between white households and African American households is less for households in the bottom 90% than it is between the bottom 90% and the top 10% of households in the white community alone. The median net worth for the top 10 per cent of white households is almost $1.8 million! The white population of the U.S. has produced an enormous amount of wealth, often at the expense of others or by denying others entry into higher classes historically, but it never controlled the distribution of all the wealth it created. The white community is incredibly wealthy, but most of that wealth siphoned into relatively few households over the last century.   

interesting, thanks for posting

White people in the U.S. are right to be skeptical when scholars argue that discrimination helped the white community develop immense wealth at the expense of minorities. Most of them look around and they legitimately aren't much better off. 

They can be skeptical, but the bolded part is still true, Id be interested in putting that fact back at the skeptics

The white community in the U.S. thinks CRT, as mode of analysis, assumes that the term “white” is synonymous with “wealth.” CRT doesn't make that assumption, but critical social theory does at times when it really shouldn't. 

So again the skeptical white people are falling into a trap that suits the rich.

but the wealth inequality in the white community itself is so enormous that most white households aren’t that much better off. In fact, the difference in median net worth between white households and African American households is less for households in the bottom 90% than it is between the bottom 90% and the top 10% of households in the white community alone. 

Supports what I said above really.  The poorer white people need to look at and support CRT as an example of how they can champion their own cause.

To conflate it with issues in British  society, your enemies dont come from overseas, they come from Eton

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2022, 01:32:12 pm »
Just watching a couple of things on this and I haven't heard anything about it?

Have I had my head in the sand? Is it something to do with just America?

What do we think about it? John Oliver said that this is going on for 'over a year'

Really?

It's a load of racist bollocks not much more to it thanks for coming take care everybody

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2022, 11:35:48 pm »
Just watching a couple of things on this and I haven't heard anything about it?

Have I had my head in the sand? Is it something to do with just America?

What do we think about it? John Oliver said that this is going on for 'over a year'

Really?

Its racist divisive shite being pushed by the usual arseholes over the pond in jeebus-land.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2022, 03:09:02 am »
Its racist divisive shite being pushed by the usual arseholes over the pond in jeebus-land.

Yeah see what I said

This thread should have been two posts long

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2022, 06:43:48 am »
Yeah see what I said

This thread should have been two posts long

What is 'bollocks'? The theory itself or the people opposing it?
Phuk yoo

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2022, 12:16:53 pm »
What is 'bollocks'? The theory itself or the people opposing it?

Surely the "bollocks" is the stuff those opposed are coming out with?
I dont think anyone on here is siding with the likes of Trump, Gaetz, Boebert and Greene

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2022, 12:43:38 pm »
I think Native Americans would have a thing or two say about how CRT has played out in America for them.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2022, 11:08:59 pm »
Surely the "bollocks" is the stuff those opposed are coming out with?
I dont think anyone on here is siding with the likes of Trump, Gaetz, Boebert and Greene

There were a couple of posts there that are a bit unclear,but i think CRT is on the backburner now,the right -wing loons have all moved onto pushing the abortion ban.