Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457165 times)

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70000 on: June 2, 2022, 12:01:36 pm »
I'm doing tests every time I go up to see Mum, just in case - and will probably keep on doing so all summer.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70001 on: June 2, 2022, 12:01:52 pm »
I'd say over 95% of people don't wear masks anymore. But some still do, and I'm beginning to wonder when/why they'll stop. Considering we don't count cases or even test anymore, when is the point it is safe to not wear a mask?

Saw someone wearing a mask in the supermarket the other day (she was the only one). I thought to myself what is the point............?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70002 on: June 2, 2022, 12:09:06 pm »
When I went to Amsterdam, none of the procedures on Covid I was told about were being observed. Either those on the gov.uk or the Netherlands website either.

Almost no mask wearing, except maybe on the plane; no request to see my nhs vaccination passport. Hell, on the way back, security at Amsterdam airport were letting people take bottles through and we were expressly told not to open our bags.

If anything, things are more lax than before covid began.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70003 on: June 2, 2022, 03:59:21 pm »
Breaking on the beeb that Prince Andrew has tested positive for Covid so will miss the jubilee gig at the palace.  What a strange coincidence.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70004 on: June 2, 2022, 04:41:49 pm »
Breaking on the beeb that Prince Andrew has tested positive for Covid so will miss the jubilee gig at the palace.  What a strange coincidence.

Remarkable.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70005 on: June 2, 2022, 05:01:39 pm »

G in Gerrard - where are you?
I'm over here!

Buckinghamshire?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70006 on: June 2, 2022, 05:14:46 pm »

Today’s version of the old ‘diplomatic cold’.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70007 on: June 2, 2022, 08:14:50 pm »

Today’s version of the old ‘diplomatic cold’.

He'll be busy off camera. They'll probably have him looking after the creche or something.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70008 on: June 2, 2022, 08:21:07 pm »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #70009 on: June 2, 2022, 08:54:12 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #70010 on: June 2, 2022, 09:14:50 pm »
Saw someone wearing a mask in the supermarket the other day (she was the only one). I thought to myself what is the point............?

Could be someone with a compromised immune system  and/or on some medical treatment like chemo that would make catching covid  really dangerous for them or they might have someone in home at risk.
What's your pleasure?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70011 on: June 2, 2022, 09:43:17 pm »
I'm over here!

Buckinghamshire?

Haha, sorry. Thought you were asking about England like you weren’t here anymore!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70012 on: June 3, 2022, 08:55:13 am »

I still wear a mask, it's almost like an act of defiance though.  I was in House Of Fraser yesterday and I was the only mask wearer out of a hundred people, it's actually a good way to swear at people without getting caught.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70013 on: June 3, 2022, 10:12:35 am »
I am one of the few that actually wanted to wear masks pre-pandemic in very certain situations, like being stuck on a plane next to someone coughing their brains out all flight, or on a packed train journey. So now having been normalised I will probably always wear a mask in certain situations like that.

On a side note I have covid at the moment (mild flu like and cough so far so fingers crossed it stays that way) and it has dawned on me how everyone really has gone back to normal. I was due to travel for work but now not doing, however my hotel has refused to cancel my booking, but are happy for me to stay still, even though they know I have covid. Definitely a wake up call for me that most are now fully into not caring about it anymore. 

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70014 on: June 3, 2022, 11:00:56 am »
I still wear a mask, it's almost like an act of defiance though.  I was in House Of Fraser yesterday and I was the only mask wearer out of a hundred people, it's actually a good way to swear at people without getting caught.

I took wear a mask in shops solely for the purpose of swearing at those who clog up the aisle or to make unseemly and derogatory comments about any smelly mingers who cross my path. :D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #70015 on: June 3, 2022, 01:44:36 pm »
This case of Covid has buggered me and the wife. She's been in bed 5 days straight. I'm just able to potter about the house.

If anything, this is spooked me a bit. I test regularly but will pro ably start wearing masks again on public transport soon and when shopping.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70016 on: June 3, 2022, 04:03:22 pm »
I've not bothered wearing a mask since I had CoVid in April, think I would though if I was to use public transport
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70017 on: June 3, 2022, 05:22:43 pm »
I've avoided it for 2 years and now caught it. Been with people who have tested positive before and could have got it this time from a number of places. Know a few other people who have got it too, so suspect it's coming back again over the summer for a summer wave.

Very mild like for me, had a horrendous throat and a bit of fatigue. Genuinely had way worse colds though. Find it mad how it affects people so differently.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70018 on: June 3, 2022, 05:50:58 pm »
Haha, sorry. Thought you were asking about England like you weren’t here anymore!
Thought has crossed my mind ;D

The deaths being reported now are very low but I don't know if that's a reporting issue or what.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70019 on: June 3, 2022, 06:28:00 pm »
Don’t forget that some that you’ll see wearing a mask are wearing it because they have covid. That’s the advice.

Not sure how big a proportion of people that would be, but I’ve seen a few that quite clearly have it, the cough is very distinctive.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70020 on: June 3, 2022, 06:29:48 pm »
I've avoided it for 2 years and now caught it. Been with people who have tested positive before and could have got it this time from a number of places. Know a few other people who have got it too, so suspect it's coming back again over the summer for a summer wave.

Very mild like for me, had a horrendous throat and a bit of fatigue. Genuinely had way worse colds though. Find it mad how it affects people so differently.

Similar to me by the sounds of it, a bit mixed, not as bad symptoms as some colds, not really any sore throat although the fatigue and general brain fog, shitty feeling is a lot worse than a heavy cold. On the whole I reckon I would be a lot worse without the vaccines that's for sure, can almost feel it's taken the edge right off as I haven't even had a slight temperature, yet, and hopefully stays that way.

Fingers crossed everyone gets better soon anyway!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70021 on: June 3, 2022, 08:31:00 pm »
I wear one in crowded settings, and try to wear one on public transport whenever I think on. Everytime I don't have one on and I hear someone cough, my skin crawls.

On the plus side, I don't think I had a cold this season just gone, so clearly masks made a difference there.

Popcorn's Art

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #70022 on: June 8, 2022, 04:52:49 pm »
Looks like Moderna's booster will kick Omnicrons ass

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #70023 on: June 8, 2022, 05:28:20 pm »
I wear one in crowded settings, and try to wear one on public transport whenever I think on. Everytime I don't have one on and I hear someone cough, my skin crawls.

On the plus side, I don't think I had a cold this season just gone, so clearly masks made a difference there.
A few thoughts related to your post but not directed at it or you. It is interesting that this perception is prevalent among people, but it's actually almost contradictory to the science. It's just a different interpretation of end effects. Masks do help minimizing risk to a healthy person who wears them, but (not quite clear yet) somewhere in the single percent to 10% range. They definitely help containing the spread if people who carry the virus wear them. (Unfortunately those are usually the asses who don't want to wear masks). Studies have been done on the original N95, medical and cloth masks; N95 are the best, but even they don't offer very high protection. And people associate the cheap KN95 with the N95 properties; day and night difference. Aerosols in Earth condition (<30 micron droplet size) facilitate the virus transfer and the N93 has 30 micron pore size. The many interlaid layers help trapping the aerosols, static charge helps, but some sizeable fraction especially in the 5-10 size range still goes through.

The other aspect is that the minimum viral load required to develop the disease is not known. At the beginning of the pandemic people assumed 100 (much lower than 1000 for similar corona viruses). I have not seen that revised. But if this is true, it means that the good masks would offer far higher protection against normal cold than Covid (if you get, e.g., 200-500 viral bodies through you won't get cold, but you'll get Covid).

Many things will become more clear with time, there are just too many unknowns here. But I agree with the bottom line of your post - masks help limit the spread. With the caveat that either everyone wears them, or those with symptoms must always wear them. Otherwise the help is minimal. I think the US has excellent examples for that - comparing data from states that mandated masks for the longest time versus states that ignored them from the off. The new reports coming from everyone is that it didn't make much difference to the spread of the virus despite popular opinion. In my mind, this is because those few assholes who didn't care, got sick, and don't wear a mask are instrumental in spreading the disease.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70024 on: June 9, 2022, 01:16:18 pm »
^I think wearing a mask also stops you touching your face too to be fair, it certainly does for me and I have a weird tickly nose quite a lot and naturally go to rub it.

it may not completely protect you but even a lower % is better than nothing in cramped public environments. plus the anonymity is great and it seems to help with my hayfever a fair bit (which is probably what that guy earlier was doing when cutting his grass).
YNWA.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70025 on: June 17, 2022, 08:48:21 pm »
Finally got it after 26 months or so.

My partner got it from work the other week the day before we were due to fly out on holiday, somehow avoided it from her and now I’ve got it 10 days before our rescheduled holiday… think I’ll be lateral flowing on the our every hour for the next few days…

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70026 on: June 17, 2022, 10:04:29 pm »
My daughter's caught it too having avoiding it for over 2yrs. 

She thought it was a response to having her MMR jab till she did a test, it's totally wiped her out too.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70027 on: June 17, 2022, 10:10:17 pm »
Feels like I'm the only person left at this point that hasn't had it,

Probably jinxed it now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70028 on: June 17, 2022, 10:18:11 pm »

Probably jinxed it now.

I've not, neither has Paul.  In fact out of all my immediate snd extended family, only my daughter and 2 of my grandkids have had it.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70029 on: June 18, 2022, 04:00:09 am »
I feel left behind... :)  But I'll get it one day, I'm sure.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #70030 on: June 18, 2022, 08:19:18 am »
If you look at the ONS surveys I think over 70% have had it…. So you’ve  likely had asymptotic covid and never known.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
« Reply #70031 on: June 18, 2022, 08:34:17 am »
I feel left behind... :)  But I'll get it one day, I'm sure.

I'm the only 1 in my family that hasn't had it, wife and 3 kids all had it over xmas/new year.
Off on holiday in 9 days so fingers crossed i don't get it before then.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70032 on: June 18, 2022, 06:02:24 pm »
If you look at the ONS surveys I think over 70% have had it…. So you’ve  likely had asymptotic covid and never known.
I don't think so. I get tested regularly for work (more often in the past than now). I never had a Covid break, I was working through it. One can't build and work with hardware from home, so someone had to stay behind... We are also a bunch of people in close contact every other day - my wife, daughter and her boyfriend, son with wife and baby. Because of the little nugget, we were all extra cautious, and neither of us had it yet. We think so, because the probability of all 7 of us to have had it and be asymptomatic is extremely low.

Mind you, the little one wouldn't bat an eye if she had it, her immune system is the strongest. :)

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #70033 on: June 20, 2022, 10:07:00 am »
Positive result this morning, that's twice this year I've caught it. At least the sun is shining 🤣

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70034 on: June 20, 2022, 08:08:29 pm »

Probably jinxed it now.

i believe it was a South Korean Doctor who said that if you haven't caught it by now you have no mates

and fair enough, i don't  ;D
YNWA.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70035 on: June 20, 2022, 08:18:23 pm »
i believe it was a South Korean Doctor who said that if you haven't caught it by now you have no mates

Haha i remember seeing that headline. And it’s true in my case too. :D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70036 on: June 20, 2022, 08:32:13 pm »

Well he's got me there.  ;D

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70037 on: June 20, 2022, 10:12:02 pm »
Bugger. Started feeling pretty rubbish at work today with achy muscles, coughing, temperature, tiredness etc.  .
Come up positive this evening. 2nd time I've had it (last was September 2021).

:(

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70038 on: June 22, 2022, 10:38:00 pm »
so... polio, then.

thankfully no cases, but i'd imagine there's a small but growing number of kids not getting their jabs any more cos their parents have spent too long on facebook.
YNWA.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #70039 on: June 22, 2022, 10:39:10 pm »
so... polio, then.

thankfully no cases, but i'd imagine there's a small but growing number of kids not getting their jabs any more cos their parents have spent too long on facebook.
Only 85% coverage in London..

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W