Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3454968 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #69880 on: April 13, 2022, 10:17:02 am »
Yeah I'm working on the assusmption that I've got it.  Otherwise, I've got a virus with the exact same symptoms as covid just after someone else in the house has recovered from it.
Something to look forward to then ;D

My lad was off school all last week, covid symptoms but negative LFT's. He's double jabbed so wasn't as rough as he was the first time he had covid, but even then it took a PCR to show he had it as the LFTs were negative. 11 yr old then developed symptoms over the weekend, he's negative too, he did test positive on an LFT in Jan as did the wife. PCR tests confirmed and I took one just in case, mt LFTs were negative and I tested positive.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #69881 on: April 13, 2022, 10:30:57 am »
Don't think you can get a PCR anymore.  Not for free anyway.

Interesting it was the same person getting 4 negatives though, does suggest that if you get one false negative then you'll keep getting them.
it certainly cast doubts on the reliability of it

didnt know that about PCRs

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69882 on: April 13, 2022, 10:37:54 am »
Don't think you can get a PCR anymore.  Not for free anyway.

Interesting it was the same person getting 4 negatives though, does suggest that if you get one false negative then you'll keep getting them.

Think it might depend a bit on where the virus load is heaviest. Like if it hasn't affected your nose that much, doing swaps of it will be negative.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69883 on: April 13, 2022, 04:54:22 pm »
What's the general feeling on the accuracy of LFTs?  We've had covid in the house in the last few days, and I've had symptoms since yesterday (temperature, cough, couple of other things) but I've tried 3 LFTs now and they are all coming up negative.

If it was just one test I would have assumed it is a false negative, but would that happen for 3 separate tests?  Or is that how the false negatives work i.e. if one test is a false negative then will that keep happening for the same person?
It's more likely than not that you have got it if you have symptoms and it's been in your house as well.

We've not communicated very well how confirmation of infection with an LFT, days you might be positive, duration of symptoms etc, may have changed from the time pre-vaccine (and even more so pre-booster) to now.

The symptoms most of us have - sneezing, joint aches, fatigue, sore throat, headache - these are caused by our immune system and it's response to the virus, not really by the virus itself. Considering that now we are a population that in the main have our immune systems primed to react quickly to this virus, those symptoms come on earlier than they did pre-booster, for some in the time frame where we would still be negative on an LFT.

Everything has shifted now due to us actually responding quicker to an infection, our symptom window has shifted earlier - Our day 1 on an LFT is generally earlier than pre-booster (because symptoms start earlier, we test earlier). Because our day 1 is identified earlier, it feels like we remain positive for longer (when actually we've just missed the first few days previously pre-booster because symptoms came a few days later than they do now). I think it happens more regularly now that you can feel rough, have symptoms for a few days - but still test negative on a LFT. It takes a few days for the viral load to get to the point where it will give a positive for some.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69884 on: April 13, 2022, 05:16:04 pm »

The symptoms most of us have - sneezing, joint aches, fatigue, sore throat, headache - these are caused by our immune system and it's response to the virus, not really by the virus itself. Considering that now we are a population that in the main have our immune systems primed to react quickly to this virus, those symptoms come on earlier than they did pre-booster, for some in the time frame where we would still be negative on an LFT.

That is interesting, I haven't thought about it in that way. Do you think it's possible that some experience those symptoms, but then their immune system is successful in fighting the virus, so you never actually get ill (and also never test positive)?

(I suppose if your immune system is fighting the virus, that qualifies as "being ill", but what I mean is that you get rid of it very quickly, before it can properly multiply.)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69885 on: April 13, 2022, 05:24:31 pm »
That is interesting, I haven't thought about it in that way. Do you think it's possible that some experience those symptoms, but then their immune system is successful in fighting the virus, so you never actually get ill (and also never test positive)?

(I suppose if your immune system is fighting the virus, that qualifies as "being ill", but what I mean is that you get rid of it very quickly, before it can properly multiply.)
For testing positive on an LFT I'd say most certainly. Some people will have some symptoms but the threshold of antigen to trigger a positive test won't be reached. It would be a small amount of people at the moment, but I'm sure there are some.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69886 on: April 13, 2022, 05:24:52 pm »
Interesting theories, thanks guys.  I'll keep testing and see if things change.

Probably just after that truck hits me on day 4 ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69887 on: April 13, 2022, 11:13:47 pm »
Interesting theories, thanks guys.  I'll keep testing and see if things change.

Probably just after that truck hits me on day 4 ;D
I felt symptoms coming on, afternoon of last Wednesday, felt like shit on Thursday and Friday, tested positive on Saturday, which was day 4, now day 8 and still coughing my guts up and a hell of a sore throat.

Thought I was getting over it today and intended to do some work tomorrow (WFH) but not so sure now as been coughing non-stop for the last two hours!

I'm glad I didn't catch it pre-vaccination
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69888 on: April 14, 2022, 08:34:06 pm »
It's more likely than not that you have got it if you have symptoms and it's been in your house as well.

We've not communicated very well how confirmation of infection with an LFT, days you might be positive, duration of symptoms etc, may have changed from the time pre-vaccine (and even more so pre-booster) to now.

Everything has shifted now due to us actually responding quicker to an infection, our symptom window has shifted earlier - Our day 1 on an LFT is generally earlier than pre-booster (because symptoms start earlier, we test earlier). Because our day 1 is identified earlier, it feels like we remain positive for longer (when actually we've just missed the first few days previously pre-booster because symptoms came a few days later than they do now). I think it happens more regularly now that you can feel rough, have symptoms for a few days - but still test negative on a LFT. It takes a few days for the viral load to get to the point where it will give a positive for some.

man, science is really interesting.
YNWA.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69889 on: April 14, 2022, 09:57:49 pm »
I felt symptoms coming on, afternoon of last Wednesday, felt like shit on Thursday and Friday, tested positive on Saturday, which was day 4, now day 8 and still coughing my guts up and a hell of a sore throat.

Thought I was getting over it today and intended to do some work tomorrow (WFH) but not so sure now as been coughing non-stop for the last two hours!

I'm glad I didn't catch it pre-vaccination

Took me 2 weeks to fully recover mate, like you said after feeling better towards the end of week 1, but then shite again for a few days. Mostly symptom free now post illness bar a bit of brain fog and acrid taste
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:00:28 pm by McSquared »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #69890 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:55 am »
Locked for the day
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69891 on: April 18, 2022, 03:59:06 pm »
Still positive after 9 days, much lighter line this time though after today it doesn't matter anyway as it's Day 10.

As it happens I did go out to the shop earlier as I don't technically have to isolate now, shop full of maskless people, mask wearing around 10% at the most I would have thought, I did wear mine just in case I am still contagious

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #69892 on: April 18, 2022, 10:11:30 pm »
I keep forgetting to take a man out with me now. Not sure it's even 10 per cent here. I suspect it's mainly the vulnerable trying to protect themselves.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69893 on: April 18, 2022, 10:16:33 pm »
First day  of no mask laws in Scotland and I would say still more than 50% of people wearing masks on bus and in work I would estimate.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #69894 on: April 18, 2022, 10:39:28 pm »
I still think politicians are idiots for being so eager to get rid of masks all the time. It's the easiest way to slow the spread and mask mandates should be kept for as long as possible, especially in places with a high turnover of people you don't know (i.e. public places indoors, shops and all restaurant/leisure-settings)...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #69896 on: April 19, 2022, 04:47:10 pm »
I still think politicians are idiots for being so eager to get rid of masks all the time. It's the easiest way to slow the spread and mask mandates should be kept for as long as possible, especially in places with a high turnover of people you don't know (i.e. public places indoors, shops and all restaurant/leisure-settings)...

Just be glad your not in China

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/19/china-zero-covid-strategy-omicron-response

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69898 on: April 19, 2022, 07:38:21 pm »
Next gen boosters looking good

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1516425691667083271
Just on boosters - are they actually giving out a second booster here now ? I had my booster nearly 7 months ago, so wondered what the situation was with 2nd booster shots.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #69899 on: April 19, 2022, 07:44:51 pm »

Ich habe dieses besonderes gefühl...

that you'd gone mental in Sweden over the past couple of years ;D

Just be glad your not in China

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/19/china-zero-covid-strategy-omicron-response

Don't give the Austrian government any ideas :D
Linudden.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #69900 on: April 19, 2022, 09:48:27 pm »

No need to keep showing what an idiot you are. You've done plenty of that in this thread already, so piss off...

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69901 on: April 19, 2022, 10:04:23 pm »

What's there to smile about ya no mark

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #69902 on: April 20, 2022, 02:49:32 pm »
Just on boosters - are they actually giving out a second booster here now ? I had my booster nearly 7 months ago, so wondered what the situation was with 2nd booster shots.

Second booster should be going to over 75s who had their first booster 6 months or more ago, I'm not sure if they are also doing that for the various tiers of vulnerable groups as well

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #69903 on: April 20, 2022, 04:14:37 pm »
Second booster should be going to over 75s who had their first booster 6 months or more ago, I'm not sure if they are also doing that for the various tiers of vulnerable groups as well
yep my Mam has hers on Friday

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69904 on: April 20, 2022, 04:52:37 pm »
Ah, ok thanks - and then coming down the age groups as before ?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69905 on: April 20, 2022, 05:13:01 pm »
They're quite tight on who is vulnerable as well. The wife has cancer and doesn't qualify.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69906 on: April 20, 2022, 05:30:37 pm »
They're quite tight on who is vulnerable as well. The wife has cancer and doesn't qualify.

That's insane, it's not like there is a shortage

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #69907 on: April 20, 2022, 06:01:58 pm »
Ah, ok thanks - and then coming down the age groups as before ?

No plans to go down the age groups at present, from anything I have seen.

Complete guesswork but I suspect it may be offered a bit more widely in autumn, with large numbers missing out this round of boosters, obviously that could change if they start to see worrying numbers before then

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69908 on: April 20, 2022, 06:34:18 pm »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #69909 on: April 20, 2022, 07:33:11 pm »
No plans to go down the age groups at present, from anything I have seen.

Complete guesswork but I suspect it may be offered a bit more widely in autumn, with large numbers missing out this round of boosters, obviously that could change if they start to see worrying numbers before then
Really ? I thought there was some waning of effectiveness after 6 months or so - or thought I'd read that somewhere ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69910 on: April 20, 2022, 07:47:55 pm »
Fingers crossed.

Guess it won't be available this year?

Not sure, i think somewhere it says stage 2/3 so maybe for the Autumn shots, if not, hopefully soon

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69911 on: April 21, 2022, 08:52:09 am »
It’s finally got me.

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence that I got the positive test 5 days after that Wembley concourse….

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #69912 on: April 21, 2022, 11:30:55 am »
It’s finally got me.

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence that I got the positive test 5 days after that Wembley concourse….

A mate and his wife have finally caught it - 5 days after going to a wedding.

Living with it seems to equate to catching it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69913 on: April 21, 2022, 01:12:23 pm »
I guess we could've gone down this route:

China tightens controls as Shanghai reports record Covid cases

Japan urges local government to address business concerns as ongoing restrictions hit commerce

Shanghai reported a record number of symptomatic Covid-19 cases on Saturday and other areas across China tightened controls as the country kept up its “dynamic clearance” approach that aims to stamp out the highly transmissible Omicron variant.

The Zhengzhou airport economic zone, a central Chinese manufacturing area that includes Apple supplier Foxconn, announced a 14-day lockdown on Friday “to be adjusted according to the epidemic situation”.

In north-western China, the city of Xi’an urged residents to avoid unnecessary trips outside their residential compounds and encouraged companies to have employees work from home or live at their workplace, after dozens of Covid infections this month.

A Xi’an government official, responding to residents’ concerns over potential food shortages, said on Saturday that the announcement did not constitute a lockdown and that the city would not impose one.

The city of Suzhou, near Shanghai, said all employees capable of working from home must do so, and residential compounds and company campuses should avoid unnecessary entry of people and vehicles. It has reported more than 500 infections in its latest outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/16/china-tightens-controls-as-shanghai-reports-record-covid-cases

Unless WFH, anyone fancy living at their workplace  ;)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69914 on: April 21, 2022, 03:47:36 pm »
Is the general consensus that China's zero-Covid policy is borne from the fact that their home-developed vaccines are a bag of shit?

I seem to recall that the clinical trial data around them was never made public or available for peer review?

Presumably they're not worth a carrot and therefore their population is still massively at risk if there is a major, nationwide outbreak?

I read a while back that they're developing their own mRNA vaccine. Presumably they're trying to reverse engineer the western ones in the same way they have a propensity to copy other western technology.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69915 on: April 21, 2022, 03:52:56 pm »
Is the general consensus that China's zero-Covid policy is borne from the fact that their home-developed vaccines are a bag of shit?
Here, or by experts? Probably both, I think.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69916 on: April 21, 2022, 03:54:39 pm »
Here, or by experts? Probably both, I think.

Given that the vaccine data has never been made public, experts can presumably only offer a very qualified opinion on the matter.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69917 on: April 21, 2022, 04:01:11 pm »
Given that the vaccine data has never been made public, experts can presumably only offer a very qualified opinion on the matter.
Do we have a good idea of the number of Chinese who are vaccinated? I believe it is quite low. If so, that could explain it. Irrespective, be it that vaccine is next to useless, or China has failed in the logistics of the roll out, (or both), it has right royally fucked it up.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69918 on: April 21, 2022, 04:07:24 pm »
Do we have a good idea of the number of Chinese who are vaccinated? I believe it is quite low. If so, that could explain it. Irrespective, be it that vaccine is next to useless, or China has failed in the logistics of the roll out, (or both), it has right royally fucked it up.

88.3% of the population are supposedly fully vaccinated.

As I understand it, their vaccine is based on a similar technology to the Oxford/AZ one which has proven to be largely ineffective against Omicron.

If it was even less effective than AZ to begin with, I'd hazard a guess that the majority of their population are largely unprotected against Omicron because their government is too obstinate to order mRNA vaccines from the West.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:09:22 pm by .adam »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69919 on: April 21, 2022, 04:35:01 pm »
88.3% of the population are supposedly fully vaccinated.

As I understand it, their vaccine is based on a similar technology to the Oxford/AZ one which has proven to be largely ineffective against Omicron.

If it was even less effective than AZ to begin with, I'd hazard a guess that the majority of their population are largely unprotected against Omicron because their government is too obstinate to order mRNA vaccines from the West.
Really!? I am probably half-remembering vaccinations earlier on in the vaccine roll-outs - or confusing the vaccination rates in China with another country.