Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440336 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wuhan Coronavirus
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 01:58:38 pm »
I think so too. We’ve definitely got a situation but I’m willing to bet this time next month, this will be forgotten about like Ebola and the Iran situation and we’ll have moved on to the next controversial thing.

The news cycle moving on isn't a good gauge, or reflection of severity. They are reactive and aren't public health experts. The news might have moved on in a month, but the threat from this won't have.

Ebola for example was an extremely low threat (part of why investment in vaccination efforts was so low for decades). One of the upsides from moral panic caused by ineffective news media, plus some infections of westerners, was that the investment finally arrived.

Doesn't mean people need to panic - but equally just because smart people are investing their time and effort in it people are making assumptions it's all going to be fine, and sort of downplaying the vital and hard work required to allow them to say that from such a comfortable position.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 02:15:48 pm »
Unfortunately i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty that major events and gathering of people such as football matches could be cancelled if it get's as bad in the UK as China

New suspected cases in Lithuania, Estonia, Spain , Turkey, Poland, Argentina, New Zealand
https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/c...ition_all_new/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:18:27 pm by Mister men »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 02:22:16 pm »
Unfortunately i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibilty that major events and gathering of people such as football matches could be cancelled if it get's as bad in the UK as China

New suspected cases in Lithuania, Estonia, Spain , Turkey, Poland, Argentina, New Zealand
https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/c...ition_all_new/

So far I think it appears to be additional infected are close family members etc....one or two strangers like a taxi driver. Hopefully this is as far as it goes with spreading

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 02:31:03 pm »
Two in Newcastle diagnosed with it apparently.  Seen the news earlier and China gave USA the genetic breakdown of the virus, and scientists in San Diego are actively pursuing a cure.  Sounding more serious by the hour at the moment.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2020, 02:42:30 pm »
Two in Newcastle diagnosed with it apparently.  Seen the news earlier and China gave USA the genetic breakdown of the virus, and scientists in San Diego are actively pursuing a cure.  Sounding more serious by the hour at the moment.

I'd be surprised if every disease centre in the world isn't working on it. Nothing too unusual about that you'd think

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2020, 02:44:07 pm »
For diseases centres this is like their World Cup, big ones only come around every 4 years or so.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2020, 03:09:18 pm »
Seen the pics of coaches leaving for the Wirral. On the front seats is what appeared to be a medic decked out in all protective gear including mask.

The coach driver has no apparent protective gear on.  Given incubation period is apparently 14 days I’d have thought it sensible to make the coach driver have the same gear on.  He will likely drive coaches again tomorrow among the general public.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2020, 03:21:37 pm »
Feels like a real-life game of Plague Inc.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »
Seen the pics of coaches leaving for the Wirral. On the front seats is what appeared to be a medic decked out in all protective gear including mask.

The coach driver has no apparent protective gear on.  Given incubation period is apparently 14 days I’d have thought it sensible to make the coach driver have the same gear on.  He will likely drive coaches again tomorrow among the general public.

Reckon he's getting time and a half?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2020, 04:08:01 pm »

Reckon he's getting time and a half?

Hope so!

Looks like the rear of the coach is cordoned off? Medic probably only decked out in case required to go in, and then infection control procedures coming out.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2020, 04:12:12 pm »
A+E will be rammed with people complaining of flu like symptoms.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »
A+E will be rammed with people complaining of flu like symptoms.

Seriously it’s gonna be a fucking mess for a few weeks at least. People will lose their shit, there’ll be panic buying, xenophobia to anyone who’s Chinese and fights in hospital waiting rooms.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2020, 04:26:33 pm »

It's spread to horses now?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2020, 04:30:59 pm »
i think we'll be fine

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:30 pm »
The way the Chinese have responded to it has been amazing. They don't fuck around. When something needs done, it gets done.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2020, 04:42:36 pm »
It's spread to horses now?

Just equestrian of when, not if.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2020, 04:45:39 pm »
The way the Chinese have responded to it has been amazing. They don't fuck around. When something needs done, it gets done.

Hopefully they won’t fuck around making the consumption of wild/live animals at Wet markets completely outlawed in future.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2020, 04:49:45 pm »

Yeah, they did a great job of limiting and containing this thing - as they did back in 2003 with SARS. Top marks also for keeping their public and the wider world informed too.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »
To be fair they kept a lid in it for three weeks as best as they could. I read about them denying it was an outbreak and simply the flu in the first few days of January. Like any dictatorship they only open themselves up when the horse has bolted

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2020, 04:58:15 pm »
They dithered for ages because of China's centralised system where local officials require sign-off from Beijing before allowed to say anything.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2020, 06:24:41 pm »

They've been given 10 days off. 

The passengers will be at the rear of the coach and like Classycara says, cordoned off from the driver. The driver won't be coming into close contact with them, the medics will, hence no suit for him but suits for the medics.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2020, 06:44:48 pm »
I know it's really hard to put trust in a government body these days but there are globally recognised safeguards for this

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2020, 06:49:21 pm »
I know it's really hard to put trust in a government body these days but there are globally recognised safeguards for this

Indeed. Matt Hancock knows what needs to be done.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »
We can joke, but outside of the government the UK is genuinely world leading in this area. Literally wrote the book on mass gatherings of global travellers, like Hajj or Olympics.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2020, 06:56:38 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2020, 07:09:01 pm »
Just equestrian of when, not if.

As long as they can avoid getting punched by football fans, human contact is the mane threat.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2020, 07:09:54 pm »

I refuse to make this political.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2020, 07:21:37 pm »
So far, even taking lag into account, this looks less lethal than SARS and mostly affecting people already in bad health, although way easier to spread. For example, the relatively young woman hospitalized in Sweden today already is doing "quite well" and it was mostly a coughing episode for her. The more widespread epidemic than SARS could still be influenced by being formed in a city larger than London, but in terms of that there's no need for complacency. Australia have taken it seriously by quarantining their evacuees on an offshore island. There's a fair bit of naivety in just giving stay at home-advice like this until we know more about it. This feels a bit like playing around with the lives of people in frail health.

Hopefully the Chinese military response is just in order to be a controlled operation rather than a cover-up of something a lot worse in terms of how many who really got infected in the Hubei province. With the poverty and the inequality of medical care still around in many areas of China, it could be a really devastating scenario for them if say 10 million Chinese take ill. Hopefully, this is just them playing it safe.

Still, if some serious pandemic worse than this would originate in China, this could be a very useful drill for the whole world in order to limit effects.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:32:15 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2020, 08:41:16 pm »
In the first Resident Evil, a deadly virus is created at a research facility at Racoon City

An anagram of 'Racoon' is 'Corona'

We're not being told the truth!!!

I'm joking, before one of the earnest anti-conspiracy posters gets shirty

Same umbrella logo as well  :o

Just a joke
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:55:38 pm by Spezialo »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2020, 08:52:11 pm »
Same umbrella logo as well  :o

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/resident-evil-umbrella-coronavirus/

You're two for two now ;D

Would you like to invest in my magic beans company? I'll give you 100% of the shares for an astonishingly cheap £10,000. I'll send you my bank details if you're interested.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2020, 08:55:19 pm »
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/resident-evil-umbrella-coronavirus/

You're two for two now ;D

Would you like to invest in my magic beans company? I'll give you 100% of the shares for an astonishingly cheap £10,000. I'll send you my bank details if you're interested.

No thanks.

I can't joke also? I'll edit my post.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2020, 08:59:52 pm »
No thanks.

I can't joke also? I'll edit my post.

Joking is allowed in our company, don't worry. In fact it's highly encouraged.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2020, 09:27:23 pm »
Anyone starting to feel their temperature increase or cold sweats and you begin with involuntary screams of Wuhan Wuhan Wuhan (this is a key indicator), please make your way to the below thread.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344622.0

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2020, 10:35:42 pm »
Yeah, they did a great job of limiting and containing this thing - as they did back in 2003 with SARS. Top marks also for keeping their public and the wider world informed too.

They did in their hole.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2020, 04:00:37 am »
Joking is allowed in our company, don't worry. In fact it's highly encouraged.

Contagious some might say...
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2020, 04:14:47 am »
I lived in Wuhan for a school year, teaching English about seven years ago. Expat friends that were still living there are now out but very difficult getting hold of local friends there. :(

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2020, 10:42:47 am »
Corona Virus Update

There is no-one who is infected coming to Merseyside.
Anyone who shows any symptoms whatsoever will not be allowed on the plane.
These are British Citizens being brought home.
Liverpool has been at the forefront of tropical medicine and infectious diseases for over 100 years.
Merseyside has the best quarantine facilities in the country.
This is not a conspiracy.
This is not a plot by the Government to kill us all off.
This is not a plot by the FA to stop Liverpool winning the league.
It is the best and only scenario to bring people home and to keep anything untoward contained.
Now share this instead of all the doom and gloom posts

And if you want to know where the quarantine facility is.........

It's Evertons Trophy Room.........Nothing ever gets in there.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2020, 11:06:34 am »
This shit best not disrupt our season.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 2, 2020, 03:38:27 pm »
Seems they've got a lid on it now. Only a handful of cases outside of China by the looks of it and inside China around 14,000 confirmed cases after 2 weeks in a country of 1.2 billion doesnt seem too bad in the grand scheme of things.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 2, 2020, 04:27:16 pm »
Seems they've got a lid on it now. Only a handful of cases outside of China by the looks of it and inside China around 14,000 confirmed cases after 2 weeks in a country of 1.2 billion doesnt seem too bad in the grand scheme of things.

I think official figures yesterday was lower than predicted so hopefully you're right