Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429154 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #3680 on: May 17, 2022, 10:44:37 pm »
10 goals. That equalled £100m Lukaku's return this season while playing fewer games. Goal machine.

95 mins per goal I think they said
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3681 on: May 17, 2022, 10:44:44 pm »
The new Origi

Not quite.

I think Minamino has a goal every 101 minutes but that is pipped by Origi’s goal every 100 minutes. Both are well clear of Mo’s rate.
#JFT97

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3682 on: May 17, 2022, 10:44:47 pm »
Very good season from Taki Lad. Played a key role in getting us to two cup finals.
he got us into both those finals, yet didn't play a minute in either of them.  in fact he didn't even make the bench on Saturday.

Mo would have been proud of the goal he scored tonight.  he's a model pro and a key part of the squad.  love the lad.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3683 on: May 17, 2022, 10:49:06 pm »
he got us into both those finals, yet didn't play a minute in either of them.  in fact he didn't even make the bench on Saturday.

Mo would have been proud of the goal he scored tonight.  he's a model pro and a key part of the squad.  love the lad.
I think he deserves more credit.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3684 on: May 17, 2022, 10:50:07 pm »
 8)  10 goals this season - fantastic

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: May 17, 2022, 11:13:23 pm »
Brilliant goal. Seems he always scores when he starts a game

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3686 on: May 17, 2022, 11:25:09 pm »
That second touch before he fires off the shot is wonderful, think he’s done that a couple of times before. You think he’s taken an extra touch that slows him down but he subsequently fired the shot off so quickly it takes the defenders and keeper by surprise.

Showed great energy today as well, I’m sure Jurgen will always have a spot in the squad for him, it’s just up to Taki how long he is happy being a squad member as opposed to nailed on first teamer. Winning trophies and playing massive parts in those may make him stick around a while longer yet. And I’ll be delighted if he does.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: May 17, 2022, 11:51:21 pm »

He certainly is.

Something that I think's gone under the radar tonight too is that with the injury to Gomez, he had to play the 90 (think Firmino and Elliot were both bound to be subbed as part of building up their fitness).

I think I'm right in saying that Taki hasn't played significant minutes for us in a competitive game for night on four months (probs played for Japan, but again that's definitely not recently). Yet he managed to keep going, after pressing like a monster for so much of the first half. To keep yourself in that condition, without the aide of competitive football, is incredible. So used to seeing players come in from the cold with really serious cramp but he is clearly every bit as dedicated and committed to his craft as all his colleagues and boss tell us.

In the second half he also really helped keep their left back honest, and pegged further back, despite being constantly overlooked for a pass - very selfless for the team - was especially helpful after Milly had his ankle scare and we decided to play smartly within ourselves.

Got us to two actual cup finals with his goals, then scored in one of the so called league game cup finals during his first start. What a mentality this guy has
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 11:52:55 pm by Classycara »

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3688 on: May 17, 2022, 11:53:32 pm »
Brilliant goal. Seems he always scores when he starts a game

Thats a useful skill to have...
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3689 on: May 18, 2022, 03:05:41 am »
8)  10 goals this season - fantastic
Fantastic!  Considering his part cameos!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3690 on: May 18, 2022, 05:50:38 am »
Once this season comes to a close, I hope we'll all remember the the effect Taki has had on this season. That Leicester goal and tonight should be remembered for how vital they are in our glorious attempt at all 4 titles.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3691 on: May 18, 2022, 06:20:56 am »
Taki has 11 shots on target, and 10 goals this season in all competition. That's just insane!
Believer

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3692 on: May 18, 2022, 06:31:10 am »
Al has left the chat

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3693 on: May 18, 2022, 06:40:05 am »
He was awesome yesterday and his goal was a beauty. It says so much about the squad players that when they are called upon, they give everything like yesterday. They will all have earned their medals.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3694 on: May 18, 2022, 07:33:01 am »
He really seems to have settled in of late. And as impressive to perform to that standard when he barely plays. Right now he is improving a lot and can turn out to be more than just a sub.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3695 on: May 18, 2022, 08:45:37 am »
10 goals. That equalled £100m Lukaku's return this season while playing fewer games. Goal machine.

Would of scored 20 if the players actually trusted him :D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3696 on: May 18, 2022, 08:49:39 am »
It must be a bit gutting for him not to play more

But as others have said we could not have won the 2 trophies we have without him. Very high quality depth.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #3697 on: May 18, 2022, 08:56:47 am »
From Michael Reid (Opta):

Best mins/goal for Premier League clubs in all competitions this season (1,000+ mins):

⭐Takumi Minamino - 101⭐
Riyad Mahrez - 120
Eddie Nketiah - 128
Jamie Vardy - 129
Mo Salah - 130
Cristiano Ronaldo - 133

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3698 on: May 18, 2022, 09:22:46 am »
It warms my heart to see his significant contribution this season, especially as a two-fingered salute to those who casually dismissed or even wrote off his LFC career.

Totally different roles obviously, but he's got that Fabio Aurelio vibe of just dropping into the team and looking effortless, like he's played the last 10 games in peak form.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3699 on: May 18, 2022, 09:27:28 am »
That second touch before he fires off the shot is wonderful, think he’s done that a couple of times before. You think he’s taken an extra touch that slows him down but he subsequently fired the shot off so quickly it takes the defenders and keeper by surprise.

I think he has done it before too. It takes a very calm head to even try that. Brilliant. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3700 on: May 18, 2022, 09:29:23 am »
What a season he's had.

He was probably the only 'first team' player we signed under Klopp who maybe couldn't have been classed as a success....until this season. Now he's cemented that legacy, with the likes of Origi, Adrian and Shaq, as a fringe player who has contributed massively to winning trophies for us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3701 on: May 18, 2022, 09:31:10 am »
10 goals for him this season!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: May 18, 2022, 10:32:36 am »
Still think he has a future with us, him, Jota and Diaz would make a wonderful combination in games and as he has shown with his finishing, he's a lethal striker.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3703 on: May 18, 2022, 10:35:44 am »
If we want to continue challenging on all four fronts then he is one we should be keeping.

It's not nice seeing him not as central with trophy celebrations when he is scoring very important goals

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3704 on: May 18, 2022, 10:46:01 am »
Takumi "Pippo" Minamino.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #3705 on: May 18, 2022, 11:21:05 am »
Definitely a place for him here at Anfield. Especially if Div and Ox are moving on. You need squad players when fighting on four fronts. If he's happy to stay, I'm happy for him. He may want more playing time which is fair enough, but I personally would be happy as a pig in the proverbial if offered the chance to be a part in this great club. I wear red tinted specs though.

Up the reds!

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3706 on: May 18, 2022, 11:35:30 am »
Whilst he's not a 'great' player, he always works hard and has a terrific knack for getting in the right place at the right time.

If he's happy to stay, I'd certainly keep him as we're always going to need a squad of at least 2 quality players in every position.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3707 on: May 18, 2022, 12:06:01 pm »
Shows exactly what this team is about, respectfully steps up whenever needed, expresses he'd love to play more without ever disrespecting the manager, fans or his teammates

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3708 on: May 18, 2022, 12:07:32 pm »
From Michael Reid (Opta):

Best mins/goal for Premier League clubs in all competitions this season (1,000+ mins):

⭐Takumi Minamino - 101⭐
Riyad Mahrez - 120
Eddie Nketiah - 128
Jamie Vardy - 129
Mo Salah - 130
Cristiano Ronaldo - 133

Doesn't Opta require the use of a silly one word summation like: "Sniper" or "Efficient" or "Samurai"?

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #3709 on: May 18, 2022, 12:09:52 pm »
Hope we keep him to be honest. I think he's shown over last few months he can be trusted a little more in order to give one of the top three more of a break when required. Not many better players about to fulfil the role he currently has. It's an abomination that he doesnt have a cup winners medal considering his contribution to the cup campaign.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3710 on: May 18, 2022, 12:12:57 pm »
Would of scored 20 if the players actually trusted him :D

I blame Salah for hogging that spot.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3711 on: May 18, 2022, 12:37:04 pm »
Lets see what he wants. Im sure he will attract some offers

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3712 on: May 18, 2022, 01:06:55 pm »
Not every player can slot in like a Diaz, but the fact that Taki just stepped into the side like that more or less cold and put in that performance shows how bloody hard he must be working in training and behind the scenes.

I don't know if enough opportunities are going to open up for him next season that it's in his interest to stay, but I really hope we can offer him an expanded role on his way to cementing his place in the squad.

He is a big part of the reason we have two trophies in the bag this year, and why our rivals and competitors are suffering sleepless nights over the quad. This is what you can accomplish with true squad depth, rather than a mish-mash of youth, fringe and utility players. Everyone has a role, and everyone is good enough to play their role.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #3713 on: May 18, 2022, 01:29:41 pm »
Hope we keep him to be honest. I think he's shown over last few months he can be trusted a little more in order to give one of the top three more of a break when required. Not many better players about to fulfil the role he currently has. It's an abomination that he doesnt have a cup winners medal considering his contribution to the cup campaign.

How come he didn't get an FA Cup medal?  I know it was only the squad on the day that went up the stairs, but surely there were some spare medals?

Just read in the Daily Fail (urgh), we were given 40.  Can't we order more?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3714 on: May 18, 2022, 01:42:15 pm »
How come he didn't get an FA Cup medal?  I know it was only the squad on the day that went up the stairs, but surely there were some spare medals?

Just read in the Daily Fail (urgh), we were given 40.  Can't we order more?

40 sounds like a lot.  After the match day squad and staff, surely there's still enough for other players who contributed?  Maybe he did get one afterwards?

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #3715 on: May 18, 2022, 01:45:39 pm »
Doesn't Opta require the use of a silly one word summation like: "Sniper" or "Efficient" or "Samurai"?

The Optajoe account does but Michael (https://twitter.com/michael_reid11) just works for them. He's a Red and well worth a follow for this sort of thing.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #3716 on: May 18, 2022, 01:56:19 pm »
40 sounds like a lot.  After the match day squad and staff, surely there's still enough for other players who contributed?  Maybe he did get one afterwards?

Doing some further reading, I think the thing about Taki not getting a medal is just something that's come from a random tweet, just because he wasn't in the matchday squad and didn't go up the stairs.  I think the tweet is bollocks.  I'm pretty sure he will have a medal.

We were given 40 medals.  Klopp used 31 players in the competition (Echo).  Therefore there are only 9 medals left for coaches.  I think Klopp was saying one or two are currently missing out.

Come on Taki, lad.  Post up a photo!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3717 on: May 18, 2022, 02:53:30 pm »
Al has left the chat
but, but - why?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3718 on: May 18, 2022, 03:00:32 pm »
With the current squad, chances are he will not make the team for the UCL final...

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3719 on: May 18, 2022, 03:00:47 pm »
I’d like to nominate this man for an award because Takumi Minamino has entered Ragnar Klavan territory.

The reasons Taki is winning the 2021-2022 KLAVAN OF EXCELLENCE award is due to his being part of a group that does not quit, with little fanfare he does a hard job very well, and he’s as fun to watch as anyone.

Klavan came in and it was like cool, this whole time Daniel Agger had an older brother with maybe less to his overall game but who is just as solid.  With Taki it’s oh, we have TWO Firmino’s?!

Past winners of the KLAVAN OF EXCELLENCE award include Nat Phillips, Divock Origi and Kolo Toure.

This years ceremony will not be televised as Taki seems like a humble and quiet cat.
You'll Never Walk Alone