Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24845 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »
Is it possible to make it so that you don't have to play night maps? My eyes can't take the colouring. I'm spending more time hopping from lobby to lobby trying to find day time maps than I am playing.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2019, 10:50:20 am »
Picadilly is growing on me. Hardcore TDM and FAL is a magnificent combination. What kind of stats do you get while playing Hardcore TDM? I usually go 7-6 or 5-6 with the odd 14-3 thrown in now and again.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2019, 05:09:11 pm »
Picadilly is growing on me. Hardcore TDM and FAL is a magnificent combination. What kind of stats do you get while playing Hardcore TDM? I usually go 7-6 or 5-6 with the odd 14-3 thrown in now and again.
Definately gets easier once you learn the maps and where to expect danger. Example below of a game I had yesterday and picadilly i posted a few days ago, should be easily getting double figures if you keep mobile but at the same time don't go rushing around. If you stay in the same place too much you won't get too many kills. Get your kills and move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlSIN0A-eQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuUu-7prKOU

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2019, 09:56:42 am »
Definately gets easier once you learn the maps and where to expect danger. Example below of a game I had yesterday and picadilly i posted a few days ago, should be easily getting double figures if you keep mobile but at the same time don't go rushing around. If you stay in the same place too much you won't get too many kills. Get your kills and move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlSIN0A-eQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuUu-7prKOU
Thanks for those links. You know how to handle yourself in Hardcore. My problem is, when I move, I usually get killed. I’m 34 and my reaction time isn’t the best anymore. I’m not too familiar with the maps yet so I don’t always know where the usual spots are. But my biggest problem is knowing where the enemy team is coming from. I’ve never managed (going back to COD4) to learn how and when the spawns change and where to expect an enemy.

Have to add that I usually play with semi-auto and burst weapons, because it gives me more satisfaction than spraying with a full-auto AR. EBR14 is my favorite right now.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2019, 03:55:28 pm »
Thanks for those links. You know how to handle yourself in Hardcore. My problem is, when I move, I usually get killed. I’m 34 and my reaction time isn’t the best anymore. I’m not too familiar with the maps yet so I don’t always know where the usual spots are. But my biggest problem is knowing where the enemy team is coming from. I’ve never managed (going back to COD4) to learn how and when the spawns change and where to expect an enemy.

Have to add that I usually play with semi-auto and burst weapons, because it gives me more satisfaction than spraying with a full-auto AR. EBR14 is my favorite right now.
Incressed the cursor sensitivity myself for similar reasons. Hardcore domination is what we play mostly as then you at least have a rough idea of where the enemy should be coming from. Take a flag and then defend a flag. Means you have less times requiring sprinting. Also using smoke grenades alot to cover myself when moving. Helps playing with groups too. When 4 to 6 of us are on we are tough to beat and we arent even that good as you can tell from the videos  ;D

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2019, 05:08:06 pm »
I borrowed this of my friend last week. never even got it fully downloaded ps4 turned off turned back on in morning right back to the start. gave it back  :butt

I am going to hold off till black Friday see if it comes down in price and get

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »
Some talk  on Twitter that this big update that is coming is going to increase the TTK.

I bloody well hope so, the game has no skill gap whatsoever, its either the 1st person who shoots win or the one who has the better connection/ping to the server.

If they increase the TTK that would go a long way to stopping the campfest the game is as well as fixing the footstep audio.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2019, 08:28:30 pm »
Not sure if this is a widespread thing, but the footsteps totally confuse me. I have no idea where they are coming from.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2019, 08:51:07 pm »
Not sure if this is a widespread thing, but the footsteps totally confuse me. I have no idea where they are coming from.
haha same, it lets you know someone is relatively close but you always have to be on your guard anyway. On hardcore if theres no uav its often your teammates anyway. Hardcore is easily the best way to play this. Hardcore ground war would be immense

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2019, 09:00:28 pm »
haha same, it lets you know someone is relatively close but you always have to be on your guard anyway. On hardcore if theres no uav its often your teammates anyway. Hardcore is easily the best way to play this. Hardcore ground war would be immense

Problem is, my reactions are snail like now and the steps make me spin around in a panic frenzy.....waiting for the inevitable death!

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2019, 12:27:58 pm »
Getting to grips with the loadouts now, getting good scores with the double claymore, tactical insertion and the first undetectable laser for hip fire accuracy improvement.

Over 40 kills and 2 Vitols, one of my better games so far! https://youtu.be/WOq_K1J0Ytw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlSIN0A-eQ&list=PLtws_PwS2egRJO86IFAZB-rc6jobwQZTn Week 4 highlights, got on a bit more this week than normal.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:30:36 pm by WillG.LFC »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2019, 01:46:53 pm »
The frequency and size of the updates is taking the piss!

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2019, 04:22:15 pm »
Seems like it’s the norm now. Release games that are 80% finished.

Just wanted to echo the sentiments made by Willg: Hardcore mode is the way to play. Once you’ve spent an evening playing HC you’ll never play core again. Just remember to adjust your classes.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2019, 06:15:24 pm »
Xclusive Ace has done a interesting video on Youtube.

It's not as scathing TheMarkOfJ's video a few weeks ago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fBn2chzMwJQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fBn2chzMwJQ</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: December 2, 2019, 03:00:09 pm »
Bought this on Saturday after a 6hr download competing around midnight had quick game online yesterday. finish work 5pm home for 6 right on the campaign

cant wait for it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 2, 2019, 03:07:53 pm »
Bought this on Saturday after a 6hr download competing around midnight had quick game online yesterday. finish work 5pm home for 6 right on the campaign

cant wait for it.
I wonder how long you'll like the MP.

;)

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: December 2, 2019, 04:43:57 pm »
I wonder how long you'll like the MP.

;)

are you on it yourself mate

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 2, 2019, 06:30:01 pm »

are you on it yourself mate
Read my prior posts.

I have a full on hate for the game, its been dumbed down for newer players with the quick time to kill and the IW dev admitted a few weeks ago they wanted to make the game noob friendly to attract new players and not have them getting stomped in multiplayer, the game is a campers paradise with the way the maps are designed.

Only time i play it and it's not for long is when they do a update, i play BO4 which suits my game style of rushing around a map stacking up kills, i cannot do that in this new CoD.

If they fix  either one or both of the dead silence being a perk and get rid of SBMM i'll come back.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 06:33:17 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 2, 2019, 06:44:55 pm »
I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played online so far. I hate snipers with a passion but I can’t say I’ve found them more of an issue in this game than any other COD previously.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 2, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »
Sometimes I'll camp right, sort meself a better speck upstairs poppin caps off out of window and sure enough some mush (prob RS86) decides they're not interested in winning the game anymore but sorting me out-that fuckin camper- so he makes it across the map from his respawn, comes through the front door and is killed by my claymore. More annoyed, he respawns and comes my way, runs up the stairs and into my room and is headshotted by a prostrate yours truly. By now hes fuckin fumin, respawns and again heads my way, I'm expecting him and this time I've nipped downstairs and stand behind the door, he enters, boom. By now this guy is proper livid and I'm in tears. I've took up a position outside facing the house front door, he slowly approaches the doors, killed again. Gaming gold.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 2, 2019, 09:17:24 pm »
Sometimes I'll camp right, sort meself a better speck upstairs poppin caps off out of window and sure enough some mush (prob RS86) decides they're not interested in winning the game anymore but sorting me out-that fuckin camper- so he makes it across the map from his respawn, comes through the front door and is killed by my claymore. More annoyed, he respawns and comes my way, runs up the stairs and into my room and is headshotted by a prostrate yours truly. By now hes fuckin fumin, respawns and again heads my way, I'm expecting him and this time I've nipped downstairs and stand behind the door, he enters, boom. By now this guy is proper livid and I'm in tears. I've took up a position outside facing the house front door, he slowly approaches the doors, killed again. Gaming gold.
That's pure evil but actually funny reading that.

Pity MW doesn't have a theatre mode  like the Black Ops games ,you could actually view him from his POV getting killed repeatedly. :D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 3, 2019, 07:31:51 am »
Read my prior posts.

I have a full on hate for the game, its been dumbed down for newer players with the quick time to kill and the IW dev admitted a few weeks ago they wanted to make the game noob friendly to attract new players and not have them getting stomped in multiplayer, the game is a campers paradise with the way the maps are designed.

Only time i play it and it's not for long is when they do a update, i play BO4 which suits my game style of rushing around a map stacking up kills, i cannot do that in this new CoD.

If they fix  either one or both of the dead silence being a perk and get rid of SBMM i'll come back.
dumbed down? There's nothing worse than previous cods of people just sprinting round the map stacking kills :D i'd say this cod is more like the originals which is a good thing. Lots of new maps out today i believe. Some from the original modern warfare. Couple of new guns too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2019, 08:10:42 am »
dumbed down? There's nothing worse than previous cods of people just sprinting round the map stacking kills :D i'd say this cod is more like the originals which is a good thing. Lots of new maps out today i believe. Some from the original modern warfare. Couple of new guns too.

I agree, this is harder to rack up kill streaks. Problem is, people get annoyed when everyone doesn’t play the same, i.e. rushing around with marathon and an smg. No idea why people can’t accept that people prefer/need to adopt different play styles. I am an older gamer and I no longer have the reactions to succeed playing the run n gun game. Should I stop playing, just because I might piss off a load of teenagers? Online forums are full of people bitching about this, that and whatever. Devs can’t win.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 3, 2019, 08:30:25 am »
Agree. I see a mix of players. For hardcore modes i see far less snipers. Probably because there are less targets running around. Far fewer helicopters and planes. Last cod i tried when it was free and some had multile aircraft from beginning to end of a round almost. At least with this you get chance to spawn and get chance to evaluate without wondering when the next jet packer is going to sprint by and mow you down

Fingers crossed they do a hardcore ground war or hardcore 20 man domination

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 3, 2019, 10:42:58 am »
Lots of new maps out today i believe. Some from the original modern warfare.

Crash, Shipment and Vacant I believe

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 3, 2019, 10:59:09 am »
Crash, Shipment and Vacant I believe
yeah, good maps. Presume they might have a graphical change but hopefully the layout is the same.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #186 on: December 3, 2019, 11:03:28 am »
Managed to complete "Kick Door" classic Spec Ops with all 3 stars last night with some buds, 10 seconds slower than IW time, urgh took a few tries mind!

The other one haven't been able to yet.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 3, 2019, 11:37:12 am »
yeah, good maps. Presume they might have a graphical change but hopefully the layout is the same.
Shipment has some alterations apparently, Crash and Vacant will be 6v6 maps.

I think shipment might be bigger for 10 v 10.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 3, 2019, 11:48:14 am »

The dumbed down line was basically what those two IW devs said in that interview a couple of weeks ago, the want a new pool of players coming to the franchise and the aim was to make the game easier for them.

Great news on those maps, they are bonafied classics. If you like using Claymores the corridors in Vacant are excellent for getting easy kills. ;D

Not looking forward to shouts of "Enemy at the Helicopter" every 30 seconds on Crash.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 3, 2019, 01:48:54 pm »
What's this about the ranks resetting to level 56 tonight at 6pm? Had a quick look online and it looks as though ranks are reset each season (you keep all unlocks etc earned mind). The cod points (knew they were going to be used somewhere) look like they can be used to buy levels, presumably so you don't reset to 56 each time. But works out around 150 dollars (read an american update) to unlock all 100 levels. Not sure on the benefit of unlocking the levels but people are mad if they pay that. Think it works out an hour a level if you don't pay, how long are the seasons i wonder? 100 hours will most likely be difficult to tempt users to pay.

Will be interested to see which of this is true later, hopefully the large update the other day downloaded the maps etc so that we don't have another update to perform

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 3, 2019, 02:26:34 pm »
I heard the new assault rifle in the game is the Tar-21 from MW2.

They had to change the name as they couldn't get the license for the gun and it's called the Ram7.

i remember rocking that gun with the suppressor in MW2 to help with the recoil.

Probably have to grind a lot of hours to get that gun i reckon.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 3, 2019, 05:34:39 pm »
We befriended a Momo :D

https://youtu.be/Fa9LX1-cOBA

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 3, 2019, 09:40:18 pm »
Is there something wrong with this update? I only get night maps on Hardcore mode now. If they have managed to screw up the only mode that’s worth playing then I’m really done

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 3, 2019, 11:06:48 pm »
Had a quick go. Hardcore domination was regular day maps but hardcore tdm was night only and it was tricky. Lasers are seemingly mandated when you aim down the sight. Luckily i mostly play domination

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 4, 2019, 08:56:49 am »
I just can’t comprehend the reasoning behind this. Why ruin hardcore TDM this way? I can live with that they neglect Hardcore mode in general and give us fewer maps and game modes, but forcing players into night maps?
I know it’s pathetic but I really need my Hardcore TDM.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 4, 2019, 09:11:03 am »
The Crash map is a campfest.

I saw some people last night using the Ram7 already.

Pretty shitty they are wanting us to pay for a Battle pass when people have already dropped money buying the game, drip feeding us new maps made me wary that some sort of Microtransaction was coming, free maps they said but they still have the pay to win by adding new guns.

I'm not spending a penny more on Activision's greed, I'm gonna grind tiers on every CoD after being burned on BO4's MTX.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 09:14:20 am by RedSince86 »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 4, 2019, 09:52:05 am »
I just can’t comprehend the reasoning behind this. Why ruin hardcore TDM this way? I can live with that they neglect Hardcore mode in general and give us fewer maps and game modes, but forcing players into night maps?
they have been swapping game modes about so although an odd move hopefully it is temporary (like a week or 2)

It shows the unlocks on the tiers. Think free players only get like 20 levels so hopefully not too hard to get the new guns

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 4, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »

Count yourself lucky mate, I only play Hardcore Free for All and its not even included.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 4, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »
Count yourself lucky mate, I only play Hardcore Free for All and its not even included.
Feel for you, bud. I played Hardcore FFA on Black Ops. It was a blast.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #199 on: December 5, 2019, 03:17:50 pm »
Two hour long updates in as many days...  :boring Two lost opportunities to play for a bit