Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50847 times)

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 and 2019
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:14 am »
I'm always a year behind with the football games because it's much cheaper and I don't mind being behind with squads etc and I only play Master League anyway, so I've just bought PES 2018 last week. I'm really enjoying it apart from one very annoying aspect, which is the proportion of goals I'm conceding to perfectly weighted chipped through balls over my deep-lying defence into the path of the striker who then has an easy finish. I'm playing as Bournemouth (Liverpool's too easy) and about 80% of goals I've conceded are due to this move, and there's nothing I can do about it; no matter how deep my defence goes or how well I'm tracking the runner, I always concede the same type of goal. It's a well overpowered play that ruins what's otherwise an enjoyable game.

Are you sure you aren't playing as Manchester Reds?
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2018, 01:55:36 am »
Are you sure you aren't playing as Manchester Reds?
I wish because then De Gea would bail me out.  ;D

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2018, 09:59:48 am »
in Masterleague do you not just start with a load of random players? why would Liverpool be easier than Bournemouth?

As for the runners, if your defenders are not very good they wont track back very well, you can do it manually but you do need to time it well.  Especiallly if you are pressing X & [] for pressure they are likley moving forwards as the runner is coming through.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2018, 02:36:06 pm »
in Masterleague do you not just start with a load of random players? why would Liverpool be easier than Bournemouth?

You can usually choose whether you want to start with the real team or the random players.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »

As for the runners, if your defenders are not very good they wont track back very well, you can do it manually but you do need to time it well.  Especiallly if you are pressing X & [] for pressure they are likley moving forwards as the runner is coming through.
As Bailey90 said above, you can choose the real team or the generic players; I chose the real Bournemouth team. The level of challenge feels realistic. I'm currently 28 games into the season and am 8th, which is something the real Bournemouth could conceivably achieve.

As for defending, I can accept conceding in that way if it seems logical and believable (i.e. it's down to either my error or the AI's error in failing to track the runner), but usually it feels forced. For example, an AI-controlled defender who has up to that point marked the attacker, will suddenly go walkabouts at the last second; or when a defender I'm controlling jumps to head the ball, he inexplicably misses even though it's an easy header. It just feels artificial, like it's scripted into the game somehow. But maybe I'm just an idiot who can't defend.  ;D

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2018, 02:39:53 pm »
After applying the PES Universe file, this game is superb.

Cannot see how any digital football game can render players like Cristiano any better than PES.
Try playing as Juventus btw, they have everything in every department, and up top you have the power of Mandzukic, flanked by Ronaldo and Dybala; ridic!

The commentary and presentation remains in 1996 but this is surely the best football game yet, in terms of movement, passing, graphics and animation on players (outfield and between the sticks).

Course they can't be bothered to scan in the face and body type of (officially licensed Liverpool player..)Naby Keita - with a year's fucking notice - but this game is brilliant in the art of turning button pressing into graphical football in 1080p (or higher if you are posh, like).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:41:43 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »
I like the game a lot, but one pet peeve of mine -

I've noticed that when 1 on 1 with the keeper, the keepers never ever come off their line. They stay rooted inside the 6 yard box so you literally have to slide the ball past them into the corner from about 5 yards out rather than being able to dink the ball over them as they dive or even shimmy past them and roll it into the empty net - definitely needs fixing.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2018, 01:20:27 am »
As Bailey90 said above, you can choose the real team or the generic players; I chose the real Bournemouth team. The level of challenge feels realistic. I'm currently 28 games into the season and am 8th, which is something the real Bournemouth could conceivably achieve.

As for defending, I can accept conceding in that way if it seems logical and believable (i.e. it's down to either my error or the AI's error in failing to track the runner), but usually it feels forced. For example, an AI-controlled defender who has up to that point marked the attacker, will suddenly go walkabouts at the last second; or when a defender I'm controlling jumps to head the ball, he inexplicably misses even though it's an easy header. It just feels artificial, like it's scripted into the game somehow. But maybe I'm just an idiot who can't defend.  ;D
Do you press x and / or Square, a lot of the time it switches to your tracking defender  as the player on the ball gets closer to them to close down the player (even for a split second) which alters their run, more so with square. And some bad players are no good at tracking back, you can add the skill in training.

I am normally a myclub man (level 5 so no expert) but fell down the rabbit hole of master league, it was good for 3 seasons but my team is now too good so am done now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2018, 11:02:33 am »
Gave up on Top Player as it’s too easy. Got 15 games into the season with a 100% record. Started again on Superstar and it’s far more challenging, scraped wins over Hudds and Newcastle in my first two games. Slightly concerned this will follow the pattern of 2018 for me personally where Superstar difficulty is too challenging to be fun but Top Player is too easy to be interesting.

And Legend is a joke ;D

Turns out Superstar is easier than it was last year. Was 10 points clear in the league with 8 games to go, little wobble meant I only won by 3. CL semis too. But still a good level to make it fun without being too frustrating.

Transfer system seems so odd. A lot of players wouldn't even consider signing for me, but I manager to get Mbappe for not all that much. It's always been so divorced from reality and made the ML a lot less "long term project".

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:08 pm »

I'm having problems with SUPERSTAR difficulty, let alone LEGEND.

It's simply the computer opposition strikers and defenders that take the piss.
The AI defenders get the ball off you easily, whereas the strikers are able to get away from your defenders with a lot of ease, as they muscle their way into the box, one on one with your keeper and take a shot and score.

I don't think LEGEND difficulty should even be played in any of the offline modes other than exhibition mode.
That difficulty is broken.

After applying the PES Universe file, this game is superb.

Cannot see how any digital football game can render players like Cristiano any better than PES.
Try playing as Juventus btw, they have everything in every department, and up top you have the power of Mandzukic, flanked by Ronaldo and Dybala; ridic!

The commentary and presentation remains in 1996 but this is surely the best football game yet, in terms of movement, passing, graphics and animation on players (outfield and between the sticks).

Course they can't be bothered to scan in the face and body type of (officially licensed Liverpool player..)Naby Keita - with a year's fucking notice - but this game is brilliant in the art of turning button pressing into graphical football in 1080p (or higher if you are posh, like).

Yeh PESUNIVERSE is really awesome!
The option file kits are really high quality and it looks as if the licenses were already in the game.
There is no reason to buy FIFA this year. I think PES has it!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2018, 04:34:22 pm »
How easy is PESuniverse to implement and does it take long?

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2018, 10:01:47 pm »
Was having massive difficulty on Superstar playing a Serie A Master League with the ML players.

Top Player seems about the right level as I'm scraping out draws and wins against the lower to mid table teams and getting resoundly beaten by Juve and Napoli.

I'm enjoying it a lot on that difficulty but hoping it doesn't become too easy when my team starts to gel (team spirit is about 40 right now) and I get better players.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2018, 09:30:18 pm »
Buying a ps4 pro and gonna get this. Is Online any good/playable? I still have pro evo 6 installed on the PC with the legends patch so its been a while!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2018, 09:54:45 pm »
How easy is PESuniverse to implement and does it take long?
PES Universe has a tutorial YouTube video to use after you pay your membership fee (£5) and it looks dead easy. Download file, unzip to thumb drive, go to edit mode on PES, load files by team, players, etc. PES allows you to select all for importing (not tedious one by one) and files aren't large so doesn't look to take long at all. Maybe 20 min? When I do it myself I can provide better time estimate, tho it didn't take long on PES 2017.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2018, 11:19:19 pm »
Had a few games of pes today after a few weeks of not being able to find the time, can’t stand the tactic gimps who pause every 5 minutes and decried to do a total tactic overhaul in the 87th fkn minute  :butt just play the fkn game ffs

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »
PES Universe has a tutorial YouTube video to use after you pay your membership fee (£5) and it looks dead easy. Download file, unzip to thumb drive, go to edit mode on PES, load files by team, players, etc. PES allows you to select all for importing (not tedious one by one) and files aren't large so doesn't look to take long at all. Maybe 20 min? When I do it myself I can provide better time estimate, tho it didn't take long on PES 2017.

If you have extractor software and a formatted thumb drive, I'd say it takes 15 mins to 30 mins to do it. One tip: upload the kits in batches, Premier League first (then SAVE) then La Liga etc because when I tried to do it all at once it said I'd run out of space for new kit uploads.

Good game, I like it. Have been using Zielinski for Liverpool, so I think we should sign him.

Naby Keita is not scanned though, looks like a random African dude more like Kanu! Piss poor giving a year's notice to sort the player likeness out and Liverpool are officially licenced!

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2018, 10:54:58 pm »
Naby Keita is not scanned though, looks like a random African dude more like Kanu! Piss poor giving a year's notice to sort the player likeness out and Liverpool are officially licenced!

This is because he was still playing in the Bundesliga during development isn't it? There's no likeness for Origi either, yet I'm sure they had him in 17. Seems to be more issues with the Bundesliga than any other.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »
New data pack has finally been announced for about a week from now. Lots of player faces updated but still no Celtic Park or Ibrox..
FAME makes a man take things over

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2018, 10:31:18 am »
This is because he was still playing in the Bundesliga during development isn't it? There's no likeness for Origi either, yet I'm sure they had him in 17. Seems to be more issues with the Bundesliga than any other.

THEY HAVE SORTED NABY'S FACE! STOP PRESS!

His likeness will be in the new Data Pack.

Now I can rotate him with Zielinski (I will not play a Liverpool player without a proper face).

Horah.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:29 am »
Still amazes me how slow they are to release this stuff. Its more like dlc :D

Aren't they meant to be releasing celtic park and ibrox in december?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2018, 02:36:48 pm »
Is this better than FIFA 19 then?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2018, 04:13:44 pm »
Is this better than FIFA 19 then?

In nearly every aspect no, However in one key aspect, the actual gameplay, it is head and shoulders above IMO.

I am not a die hard Pro Evo person, I am a flake who jumps from game to game depending on who is better. My recent gaming history has been Pro Evo from 2001-2008, Fifa from 2009-2015, Pro Evo 2016-Present and I also brought FIFA 2018 for the World Cup mode. With that recent FIFA purchase after being Pro Evo for the past few years, immediately i was astonished at how polished it was and the variety of game modes. All the stadiums were there, unlimited licenses, it was slick and well oiled. I genuinely thought 'why have I been playing Pro for the past 3 years??'

That feeling lasted around 4 days. Once the gloss had worn off and i got into just playing the game, FIFA's shortcomings were all too clear to see; it's not a good game to play. I persevered for another week or so hoping to 'get it'. But after that FIFA was out and Pro Evo was back in after a mere 2 week hiatus.

Pro still suffers from looking like a PS2 game off the pitch and having a text in Master League which reads like 'M.Salah has said about his team-mate "A-Oxlade Chamberlain, always passes the ball, he is a good footballer, we call him MAESTRO' etc. Honestly its like google translate on an off day!. In this day and age it's almost unforgivable. Also the transfers are laughable, in my first season I sold Milner for £22m and brought Mbappe for £19m! . However we do forgive it because on the pitch it is exceptional. Truly exceptional. And that is what counts.

Konami don't seem to be in any rush to fix the off field issues but as long as the game plays as well it is does, it will remain an irritation rather than off putting
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 04:16:54 pm by redan »

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2018, 07:55:42 am »
Always said fifa is for online and pes for offline. Still haven't got fifa yet until i move house but clubs is the best mode for me on either game.

Recently on pes i have enjoyed controlling a single player as it gives a bit of variety after years of footy games. Like playing as van dyke or salah only

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2018, 03:32:09 pm »
Got a very good myclub team, seems to be quite easy to get a good team.  Saying that I don't have Messi or Ronaldo
choose Life.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »
Is this worth getting? I’m completely fed up to my eyeballs of this years fifa and vowed to never buy another one ever again due to how shit it is.

Tempted to get this for the Christmas holidays.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2018, 10:25:08 pm »
Is this worth getting? I’m completely fed up to my eyeballs of this years fifa and vowed to never buy another one ever again due to how shit it is.

Tempted to get this for the Christmas holidays.
Yes. It's a good game

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2018, 11:18:33 pm »
Think the free version is out soon. Give that a try first?

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2018, 08:53:56 pm »
PES 2019 Lite is out now. Anyone got the link to download it on PS4?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2018, 11:16:12 pm »
I bought this before FIFA Came out, it might be the worst game ive ever bought. I cant believe theres people who buy it year in year out.

The menus are like something off a PS1 game. Dead clunky and shite.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:30 pm »
I bought this before FIFA Came out, it might be the worst game ive ever bought. I cant believe theres people who buy it year in year out.

Luckily the menu aesthetics have nothing to do with the gameplay itself. I feel ya though...my brother gifted me FIFA last year and I had kinda the opposite experience. Oh it looks pretty but I hate playing football on it. Never played it and traded in for PES a month ago. I will say that getting the option file is a huge plus, it's a necessity for me.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2018, 11:44:18 pm »

Completely missed the point.  It's the gameplay.  It's a million times better than FIFA.  If you follow your line of thinking, you should be supporting shiny Chelsea, Man City or Real Madrid.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2018, 11:46:40 pm »
Completely missed the point.  It's the gameplay.  It's a million times better than FIFA.  If you follow your line of thinking, you should be supporting shiny Chelsea, Man City or Real Madrid.

The gameplays shite? You can't pass it quick online, players take an age to turn. It forces you to take a touch and pass.

The gameplay isnt smooth at all, therefore you cant play quick passing football. There is no comparison to FIFA.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2018, 11:57:06 pm »
The gameplays shite? You can't pass it quick online, players take an age to turn. It forces you to take a touch and pass.

The gameplay isnt smooth at all, therefore you cant play quick passing football. There is no comparison to FIFA.
Agree to disagree. You can adjust the gameplay speed to suit your liking, and you can play one-touch ball but only when players are face-on, not moving at sprint speed, etc. Much like actual football, it's a little more strategic in terms of actually having to shift and probe to generate space to penetrate, midfield isn't really able to be totally bypassed like in FIFA, and the team with the fastest players doesn't automatically dominate. FIFA is too arcadey and basketball-like for my liking. Thankfully you now have FIFA!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:04 am »

Absolutely.  I was of the mindset that I was over football games after years of FIFA and before getting PES 2019.  I'd go through the motions of playing a game or two before getting bored and not really feel much of anything, but PES is an absolute blast to play and so much more rewarding because it actually feels like football, right down to the ball physics.  I agree with what ericthered10 says to a degree in that you have to think like a football player. I'm not sure why Willo can't one-touch pass though as I have no bother with that whatsoever.

In terms of the 'shiny' things, the menus may be lacking, but the on-field animations and graphical realism -especially with patches and things like Chuny's graphics mod added - is actually far superior to FIFA's now, at least on PC. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:35:42 am by Darren G »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2018, 10:03:18 am »

:lmao

PES has its flaws but the gameplay is streets ahead of FIFA. FIFA plays like some shite basketball sim, end to end gloss at rapid speed which bears no resemblance whatsoever to actual football. PES plays more like actual football. You might not like it in a video game where a player who isn't Messi has to take an extra touch but that's the reality of the thing. I'm playing as San Lorenzo in Argentina, got Talisca, Coman and Vinicius up front and some of the one touch play is lovely to watch. When I was playing as Fulham with Solanke on loan it wasn't quite there and you had to come up with other ways to score.

The menus are clunky as ever but how long do you spend on the menus? And there are obviously the same old issues with licensing and the master league which are well documented but the gameplay is great.

I'll confess I don't play online as my wifi is too slow for it to be bearable so can't comment on that side of the game. But offline, just load up an editor file and enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:04:53 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:12 am »
The menus are shit (I spend minimal time in the menus), the music is shit (I listen to Spotify in between matches), the kits are fake (unless you download a free option file), the commentary is shit (turn it off). Gameplay on the other hand is superb, I've got a couple of ML saves and they're fun as fuck. Watched a video on how to dribble the other day should post it up here as I literally couldn't get past anyone and thought I'm defo doing something wrong. I was, and don't get me wrong I still can't run through teams like Messi but I can comfortably beat a player now to create some space.

Offline you can literally play any style you want mate. I've not played online since September but I don't remember it being that much different provided all players have a good connection.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2018, 12:51:42 pm »
Have they removed role control from this years? Where you could control attackers/midfielders or defenders only

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »
Haven't used it yet but stumbled on it the other day. You can select any number of individual players to control during a game, so could even do your whole defense plus a forward or any other combo from the looks of it. I'd have to be in front of the game to work out how you get to that option tho.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2018, 08:05:11 pm »
Thanks will have a dabble. Managed to control a single player but as I find it easy defending i might stick to attackers only

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »
Everyone disagreeing with me plays the game offline.

I guess PES is the game for offline with master league etc... and FIFA is the game for online players.