Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50706 times)

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
Really enjoying the demo! Where is the cheapest place to pre-order online?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2018, 09:49:21 pm »
Simply Games selling for £35, and there's a good chance of it arriving early.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2018, 12:37:42 pm »
I've been finding myself with that 'itch' of wanting to play more and more of the demo. Each time is different. I don't think I've ever played a football game that feels as free or as organic as this. It doesn't feel as if you're being cheated, or like the ball does something that you know it shouldn't. The ball is completely independent to the way it reacts when it comes off players, and players react to that accordingly. It just feels right. Like for the first time in as long as I can remember playing the series right. Seriously, the gameplay is just so, so good. The passing is amazing. I now feel like I've to get the ball onto the players proper foot and put the correct amount of weight on it and then what happens next is down to how good that player is at passing it. Exactly how it should be. Shooting might need a tweak, but other than that, I'm struggling to fault the game. I say this after giving 18 a miss. Hopefully Konami don't do a Konami and fuck with the formula here before it releases, because it's a good'un.

I'm pretty much the same. Really enjoyed 2017 (first Pro Evo game in years) but skipped 2018. Felt too easy to sprint through the team on the demo and just couldn't be arsed in the end. Absolutely hammered the demo though!

One frustration I do have though is it's virtually impossible to win a slide tackle against the computer, average a successful 1 every 10 games! Bit easier online against opponents, although I mainly want to start a ML once the PES Universe OF are available so hoping they resolve it in the final release.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2018, 02:12:45 pm »
The only gripe I’m having with the demo is to try and stop them online when they do a one two then do a run against your defence and you still can’t stop them even with man marking  :no

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2018, 03:52:31 pm »
Simply Games selling for £35, and there's a good chance of it arriving early.

For example, I ordered F1 with these - it's out on Friday and my copy has been posted out today.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2018, 09:21:21 am »
No one mentions the new PES - two days after it is launched that says something!!!

It's really good, of course I've only used Liverpool but first-day patch updated the squad properly. Alisson saved my bacon with a great save against Celtic.

The football plays really well, you have to build up possession and use the midfield. Same old same old with PES, I have to
find an option file I don't have time to deal with to make it usable.

Graphics are very good though in the most part, shooting, passing and tackling is good. When I give my 5 year old access to the PS4,
he will be playing Fifa no doubt.

So this will be the last PES I buy or download.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2018, 12:08:11 pm »
My local Asda didn't even stock the game so I downloaded it off the PS store when i got home. That took 4 hours, then the option file took around 30 mins, meaning I didn't sit down to play the game until about 10.30 last night!

Played one game and beat Copenhagen 3-2 in the International Champions Cup. Salah is incredible on this and actually moves like him instead of just a generic fast player. I didn't get 2018 so this feels quite a bit different from 2017 but it looks phenomenal and now the option file is done with added Bundesliga, MLS and J-League this game has a lot more depth to it,

Really looking forward to giving it a proper go this evening

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 and 2019
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2018, 02:22:20 pm »
My copy just arrived in the post. Need to find a good option file.

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2018, 04:25:16 pm »
My copy just arrived in the post. Need to find a good option file.

In the past I've always had the free ones you can get off various websites but this year I felt flush and paid £5 for the PESUniverse one and it's incredible.

With most of the others you have one for the Premier League, a seperate one for Bundesliga and Internationals etc but in one download and upload it did all the Premier League, not only Kits but managers, stadium names and editing etc, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, MLS, J-League and Internationals!

In one upload I now don't have any unlicensed teams or leagues. Well worth the £5 in my opinion

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2018, 05:15:23 pm »
Yeah I caved and bought it today and am in the middle of uploading the PES Universe OF. It does cost a £5 to download at the moment, although I think they make it available for free over the coming days/weeks.

I skipped last years, but this is much easier to import OF's than 2017, that was an absolute ball ache ended up doing it about 5 times!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2018, 08:34:19 pm »
In the past I've always had the free ones you can get off various websites but this year I felt flush and paid £5 for the PESUniverse one and it's incredible.

With most of the others you have one for the Premier League, a seperate one for Bundesliga and Internationals etc but in one download and upload it did all the Premier League, not only Kits but managers, stadium names and editing etc, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, MLS, J-League and Internationals!

In one upload I now don't have any unlicensed teams or leagues. Well worth the £5 in my opinion

Cheers, will do it. Think the one complaint people had was that it didnt have the Championship.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2018, 10:05:49 pm »
The PES Universe one does have the Championship, looks good as well.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2018, 10:38:14 pm »
The PES Universe one does have the Championship, looks good as well.

Does it include kits & name updates for national teams too?  In the past a European Championship was often my go-to first competition but I've found these to be slow to arrive in the past.

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2018, 11:01:03 pm »
Yeah Championship and International Kits are all also on the PESUniverse option file.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:59 pm »
Ace, just bought it. Having some issues extracting it but they’re probably down to me :lmao

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #175 on: September 1, 2018, 09:04:24 am »
Best football game I've played, but by God the entire presentation is atrocious. You can barely differentiate the menus and what not from the previous four games.
AHA!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 1, 2018, 10:37:50 am »
Ace, just bought it. Having some issues extracting it but they’re probably down to me :lmao

You doing this on a Mac or PC? I downloaded it on a Mac and had to make a couple small changes, followed a 2 minute video was really simple.

Best football game I've played, but by God the entire presentation is atrocious. You can barely differentiate the menus and what not from the previous four games.

Yeah the presentation and commentary are both atrocious. I'll be turning off the commentary soon enough, and the reality is once you know where everything is you get used to the menus. I really think they should just devote all their time next year to polishing everything else, don't think anyone would be that arsed if they didn't make any changes to the game play as it's excellent. Although not being able to slide tackle the computer drives me mental!

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #177 on: September 1, 2018, 11:01:21 am »
Really got stuck into this last night and I’ll echo what a few have said, the presentation and everything off the pitch could actually be from PES 5 but on the pitch, my word it’s magnificent!

The little animations that different players do and the variety in play is incredible. Favourite moment so far was against Derby in the cup, Fabinho plays a ball out to Shakiri who allows the ball the run through his legs leaving their defender for dead, cuts a cross back to Sturridge who is waiting on the edge of the box (never seen it before in a game) it’s slightly behind him but he brings it down in one touch and hits a rifle of a half volley into the top corner. Everything about it felt and looked real

Can’t wait to play more

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 1, 2018, 08:21:11 pm »
Has it changed much from the demo?

The reviews for this seem to be middling, which is very strange given that the previous few scored very highly, and this one is probably the best football game I've ever played. Yes, it's even better than the glory PS2 era gameplay wise, going off of the demo, yet for some mad reason, some so called professional review outlets are giving it average scores despite it having it where it matters: the bit you play.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 1, 2018, 11:52:35 pm »
Just played the demo and gotta agree with what others have said the gameplay is unreal, no surprise there though PES has been killing FIFA on gameplay for a long time now. Not sure if I'll pay full price now or buy it later on like I did with last years game though.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #180 on: September 2, 2018, 12:39:24 am »
Anyone put a decent amount of time into Master League, and if so how are you finding it? Last i played was 2017, which was ridiculously easy.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: September 2, 2018, 11:00:49 am »
They have known for at least a year keita was going to be a Liverpool player yet he looks like a player in the Bangladesh league.

Having some cracking games coming back from 2-0/3-0 down and mane is the boy for scoring over head kicks

Tried master league again this year it’s just too complicated

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 2, 2018, 11:01:47 am »
Is this good online?

Lost my love for FIFA due to ultimate team being the focus..

I just want a footy game where I play against other people online in a 1v1.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 2, 2018, 06:49:20 pm »
I'm enjoying the online mode anyway, that's all I've played so far as I'm waiting for another update before trying the master league.

My favourite thing about it is how each team feels so different to play with. I've had some great free scoring games playing with Liverpool and managed to grind out some 1-0 wins with Burnley.

It usually takes a while to find an opponent but might be because I'm in the US and not many people are playing in my time zone. This could be unrelated but I've had to play against Barca, PSG etc. with Burnley but I sort of like the challenge. Maybe when more people are playing I'll get matched with more teams on my level.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #184 on: September 2, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
You doing this on a Mac or PC? I downloaded it on a Mac and had to make a couple small changes, followed a 2 minute video was really simple.

PS4, all sorted now, cheers!
Anyone put a decent amount of time into Master League, and if so how are you finding it? Last i played was 2017, which was ridiculously easy.

Only a few games but it's great fun.

Last year I found the ML too hard, and too frustrating. A lot of 1-0, 0-0, 0-1s etc. On Superstar difficult it was unplayable, on Top Player it wasn't really fun.

This year has swing right back. Played 7 thoroughly entertaining games. 3-2, 4-2, 3-2 in the preseason friendlies, then 3-0, 3-1, 2-1 and 4-1 in league/CL games. Is it too easy? Maybe just a touch, but this is only on Top Player. Also, I'm playing as Liverpool so it's tricky to know if it's the game or the phenomenal quality of our front three (particularly Salah) which make it straightforward. But it's a LOT of fun.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #185 on: September 3, 2018, 03:37:21 pm »
I've got this for PS4 and I've downloaded all the kits and uploaded all of the manager photo's etc so its pretty much like a fully licensed game, with exceptions like them not having the CL license this year which is crap.

The only thing that annoys me about Konami is the fact that a few of the player faces are out of date or just wrong - even though LFC is an official partner Naby Keita has a generic face, they had his real face on last years game!!!??

There are 5 or 6 of the Liverpool player faces that were exactly the same for the last 2 PES games, I just don't understand why they aren't using new face scans if they are an official partner of the club.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #186 on: September 3, 2018, 04:35:31 pm »
With regards to the above, yes it is annoying but I think there's a good chance it'll be updated in an upcoming data pack,

Traditionally they release about 3 of a year (usually all before November) and they update players face and add stadiums etc. Like you say, with us being a partner club I'd be amazed in Keita was left as he is 

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 3, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »
The best was kolo toure a few years back. Really is amateurish

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #188 on: September 4, 2018, 09:05:20 am »
The best was kolo toure a few years back. Really is amateurish

James Maddison is pretty good this year :)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #189 on: September 4, 2018, 12:09:17 pm »

Still on the fence about difficulty. 10 games in and won all 10. Scoring a minimum of 2 a game, and just won 5-2 at PSG. I've only been us so far so it might just be that we're awesome, and regardless it's brilliant fun, but Top Player seems MUCH easier than it was last year. I'm going to play through a season and see if it stays this way, then will try Superstar if so.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #190 on: September 7, 2018, 07:42:04 am »
Still on the fence about difficulty. 10 games in and won all 10. Scoring a minimum of 2 a game, and just won 5-2 at PSG. I've only been us so far so it might just be that we're awesome, and regardless it's brilliant fun, but Top Player seems MUCH easier than it was last year. I'm going to play through a season and see if it stays this way, then will try Superstar if so.

Gave up on Top Player as it’s too easy. Got 15 games into the season with a 100% record. Started again on Superstar and it’s far more challenging, scraped wins over Hudds and Newcastle in my first two games. Slightly concerned this will follow the pattern of 2018 for me personally where Superstar difficulty is too challenging to be fun but Top Player is too easy to be interesting.

And Legend is a joke ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 7, 2018, 09:48:32 am »
I actually think Superstar is too easy with the better teams, there's no way I'll be able to start a Master League with Liverpool!

Not seen this Legend difficulty, is it only available for Master League?

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: September 7, 2018, 10:11:54 am »
I actually think Superstar is too easy with the better teams, there's no way I'll be able to start a Master League with Liverpool!

Not seen this Legend difficulty, is it only available for Master League?
I think you can unlock it if you win 5 games on superstar.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #193 on: September 7, 2018, 12:34:40 pm »
Judging by the posts above, I must be absolutely abysmal at this game ;D

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 8, 2018, 03:24:24 pm »
Just tried to play this locally with my nephew and the option file doesn’t work. Is that the same for Master League?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 8, 2018, 04:43:48 pm »
Just tried to play this locally with my nephew and the option file doesn’t work. Is that the same for Master League?
you will need to update your profile security settings as the option files are disabled if you haven't and then add a second player

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 8, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »
you will need to update your profile security settings as the option files are disabled if you haven't and then add a second player

I like to think I’m good with technology, but I’ve got no idea how to update these profile security settings! Can the second player still be a guest profile, or does it have to be a PSN account?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 8, 2018, 09:08:05 pm »
Will check next time im on my ps4. From memory you go to settings and security and then you can disable the age restriction. It's something to do with user generated content. That fixed it for pes 2018, haven't bought 19 but presume it's the same. That should allow a second player to sign in as guest and see the kits etc in exhibition

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 8, 2018, 09:19:22 pm »
Just sorted it, had an old sub account liked to my main account which I’ve not used in years. Went onto the website and amended it there, nice one for the help!

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:17 pm »
I'm always a year behind with the football games because it's much cheaper and I don't mind being behind with squads etc and I only play Master League anyway, so I've just bought PES 2018 last week. I'm really enjoying it apart from one very annoying aspect, which is the proportion of goals I'm conceding to perfectly weighted chipped through balls over my deep-lying defence into the path of the striker who then has an easy finish. I'm playing as Bournemouth (Liverpool's too easy) and about 80% of goals I've conceded are due to this move, and there's nothing I can do about it; no matter how deep my defence goes or how well I'm tracking the runner, I always concede the same type of goal. It's a well overpowered play that ruins what's otherwise an enjoyable game.