Author Topic: Ozark (Netflix Series)  (Read 36725 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ozark (Netflix Series)
« Reply #320 on: April 5, 2022, 06:13:12 pm »
Wasn’t that Navarro?
Watched it again and can't tell ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2022, 11:16:07 am »
Happy finale day.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2022, 02:21:49 pm »
We go again.

Shame it's the final episodes. Don't know when I'll be finishing them but certainly not in one day!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2022, 02:26:00 pm »
Bank holiday Weekend evening viewing sorted :)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2022, 04:55:47 pm »
Terrified of this getting ruined for me on the socials! Going to get stuck into it tonight.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 29, 2022, 05:00:17 pm »
Whole season out or few episodes?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #326 on: April 29, 2022, 07:15:40 pm »
Whole season out or few episodes?

The first 7 episodes of the very last series was released earlier in the year.

They have just dropped the last 7(?) episodes.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2022, 10:18:18 pm »
Regarding the series finale….don’t click unless you’ve finished it  ;D

Spoiler
Bit disappointed to be honest. I thought the last 2 episodes were a bit flat and the ending was far too predictable. I really didn’t see the point in killing Ruth, Also how it was done was a bit shit. Considering this is one of Netflix’s top shows I’m surprised they killed her off as i was expecting a spin-off with her in but there’s no chance of that now and nobody wants to see a spin-off of those 2 bloody annoying kids. Overall I thought it was a good show but now it’s finished I wouldn’t put it in the top bracket like a Breaking Bad or The Wire, Sopranos etc and to be honest that’s a big ask considering how good those shows are but after  the first season was I thought it was a possibility but never mind
[close]

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: May 1, 2022, 10:10:55 am »
Just give Julia Garner all the awards.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 1, 2022, 01:35:12 pm »
Halfway through part 2 and it’s been decent but it hasn’t half jumped the gun in some aspects.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: May 1, 2022, 05:25:26 pm »
Halfway through part 2 and it’s been decent but it hasn’t half jumped the gun in some aspects.

I assume you mean "jumped the shark" Andy.  Yep.  Still enjoying it myself like. 3 episodes into the part 2.

Spoiler
Marty heading up a Mexican drug cartel... Mmmmh ok
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: May 1, 2022, 05:34:38 pm »
So are all the episodes out now ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: May 1, 2022, 06:12:51 pm »
I assume you mean "jumped the shark" Andy.  Yep.  Still enjoying it myself like. 3 episodes into the part 2.

Spoiler
Marty heading up a Mexican drug cartel... Mmmmh ok
[close]

Yeah sorry mate. And I know in regard to your spoiler!!

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 1, 2022, 08:32:05 pm »
Three episodes in

Spoiler
Surely if they didn't want Ruth to sell the heroin to the drug company Wendy would have informed the cops where it was instead of them waiting for her to take it?
[close]

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #334 on: May 1, 2022, 08:33:05 pm »
Thought that was well better than the first half of the season. Shame its over, only decent thing on at the moment.

Spoiler
Loved the scene where Marty was going batshit on the driver. Perhaps the way in which Ruth died was a bit lacking. The only main gripe I had was how in the name of christ can the cops go to Darlenes after the two of them have been murdered, obviously then have the whole place inspected and NOT go near the shed/garage where if they just opened the door they would have seen a mountain of heroin even when they knew what she was up to
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 1, 2022, 10:01:16 pm »
Thought that was well better than the first half of the season. Shame its over, only decent thing on at the moment.

Spoiler
Loved the scene where Marty was going batshit on the driver. Perhaps the way in which Ruth died was a bit lacking. The only main gripe I had was how in the name of christ can the cops go to Darlenes after the two of them have been murdered, obviously then have the whole place inspected and NOT go near the shed/garage where if they just opened the door they would have seen a mountain of heroin even when they knew what she was up to
[close]

Have a look at Tokyo Vice. (typed that without reading your spoiler (no tags when quoted)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #336 on: May 2, 2022, 12:33:03 am »
John Boy is one evil motherfucker...

Bet Richard Thomas is having an absolute blast...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #337 on: May 2, 2022, 01:44:00 am »
Fucking Ruth Man.  Honest to god, shes brilliant. That first episode had that Nolan Batman Dark Knight vibe to it

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 2, 2022, 02:08:33 am »
Fucking Ruth Man.  Honest to god, shes brilliant. That first episode had that Nolan Batman Dark Knight vibe to it

I loved the Killer Mike cameo discussing Nas’s Illmatic.

Ruth... brilliant character. The opposite of Wendy. Brutal ending.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2022, 02:14:01 am by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #339 on: May 2, 2022, 03:12:41 am »
Ending thoughts

Spoiler
At this point I can't remember the last time I watched something with a satisfying ending.  :butt
[close]
:D

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: May 2, 2022, 08:14:12 am »
Finished it.

Spoiler
Bit of a crap ending. Those annoying kids annoyed the shit out of me throughout the whole show. As I posted earlier in here the show deffo jumped the shark a few season ago and they introduced too many people at once that always caused an issue to the Byrdes.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 3, 2022, 09:22:29 am »
Finished last night.

Spoiler
Like many brilliant series it really lost its way in the last two seasons.   Personally thought the Omar Navarro character was shite. 

After killing off Javi,  I feel they could have really ramped up John Boy Walton's character to make him the primary antagonist outside of the Cartel story arc.   Honestly think that character was wasted.

The difference in how a Mexican Cartel is portrayed when you compare Ozark and say Better Call Saul, is light years apart.  BCS being the far superior.

[close]

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #342 on: May 3, 2022, 03:03:14 pm »
To be honest I didn't mind the ending.
For those that didn't like it, how would you have liked it to end?

Spoiler
Veronica Falcon seems to like playing a cartel boss called Camilla (Ozark, Queen of the South)
[close]

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 3, 2022, 03:39:55 pm »
To be honest I didn't mind the ending.
For those that didn't like it, how would you have liked it to end?

Spoiler
Veronica Falcon seems to like playing a cartel boss called Camilla (Ozark, Queen of the South)
[close]

The end was rubbish.

Brought far too many people into it and it lost its way.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: May 3, 2022, 03:50:14 pm »
The end was rubbish.

Brought far too many people into it and it lost its way.

Agree with bringing far too many people into the fold. It felt rushed to me.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: May 3, 2022, 04:14:43 pm »
Agree with bringing far too many people into the fold. It felt rushed to me.

Some points were not needed also.
What was the point in the car crash for example?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: May 3, 2022, 04:37:01 pm »

Think I was meant as some kind of bargain basement Jules and Vincent Pulp Fiction moment when they think they should have been killed but weren't. 

Divine intervention and all that.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: May 3, 2022, 04:38:21 pm »
Think I was meant as some kind of bargain basement Jules and Vincent Pulp Fiction moment when they think they should have been killed but weren't. 

Divine intervention and all that.

What with about 40 mins to go?

Wendy was becoming well annoying and pointless though.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: May 3, 2022, 04:40:36 pm »
What with about 40 mins to go?

Wendy was becoming well annoying and pointless though.

Didn't say I agreed with it or understood it!! :)

Was a quick way to show the family is reunited.

As you say -  With 40 minutes to go!

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 9, 2022, 09:39:54 pm »
Well I thought it was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it from the first episode till the last. Ruths character will stay with me a long time.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: May 9, 2022, 10:10:14 pm »
Great series, feel a little short changed by the ending. Would of been better if Jonah shot Wendy...

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2022, 09:26:07 am »
Well I thought it was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it from the first episode till the last. Ruths character will stay with me a long time.
Yup. All of this. She has to be one of the best characters in a tv show, ever, for me.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2022, 09:31:40 am »

Spoiler
I think pretty much so they could put the flash forward scene of it, in episode 1. In that they made it look like they were running and it was a hit. Just to fool people I guess.

They did similar in the trailer for part 2, in the trailer it showed Ruth shooting Javi - and I thought it was a massive spolier. But it was the shooting from the dream sequence, when she shoots him on the street. Then it's a n actual double bluff, when she does kill him
[close]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 09:34:02 am by Craig S »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2022, 01:39:16 pm »
Great series, feel a little short changed by the ending. Would of been better if Jonah shot Wendy...

Million percent but he might have done.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2022, 08:52:53 am »
Spoiler
Absolutely loved the show, right up until the last 30 minutes or so. I know you can't expect every series to end as you think it should, or in a "happy" way, but this absolutely needed Ruth to survive (or at least have a better death in a show of great deaths) and for Wendy to die (and she absolutely deserved to).
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2022, 01:31:48 pm »
Got around to finishing it last night. When I watched the first season when it came out I went into it not expecting a lot, all in all I thought it was a really enjoyable four seasons. It felt like it filled a void in the post Breaking Bad world that despite not being as good, was still of decent quality.

Endings are really, really hard and can't please everyone can they? I can't remember the last one of a major series that people didn't absolutely attack. Think it's been the same for so many series since The Sopranos and Lost, both of which endings I really liked, funnily enough. I didn't dislike Ozark's ending per se - but it was one of those with a couple of episodes to go I was left wondering, how have you found yourself here, and how do you end it in a satisfying manner? Not to say I thought it was bad, I didn't, and I thought the last season on the whole was enjoyable.

Spoiler
Think killing Ruth off was the completely wrong idea, as Lovelycushionedheader said. Don't think it was done very well, either. Was absolutely convinced Ruth's cousin was gonna sneak behind Camila and shoot her. It'd be unrealistic to not kill people off but I think they went for the shock factor a bit in the last 7/8 episodes. I never think it's too good to just start dropping that many near the end. There was just something very underwhelming about Ruth's death but it did feel like it'd come to me, all of the Langmore clan killed off bar the youngest cousin.

Was gutted Wendy didn't die. A loathsome character IMO, have to give props to Laura Linney. As for the ending scene as well, thought that too was quite underwhelming following Ruth being shot. Reckon Jonah should have just shot his ma to be honest  ;D -  Enjoyed Jonah's scenes with Ruth in the last season, he was quite important throughout. Thought it was strange that Charlotte didn't really feature anywhere near as much as him, though.
[close]

All in all a really good series IMO, will probably watch it again at some point. Main cast was good, thought Bateman turned what could have been a really vanilla character into a great performance. Julia Garner was the absolute star though, a massive career ahead of her.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2022, 06:14:58 am »
Million percent but he might have done.

He didn't. The writers have been explicit about who he shot and the reasons that they didn't show it.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2022, 11:23:05 am »
He didn't. The writers have been explicit about who he shot and the reasons that they didn't show it.

ooooh do tell?

Use spoilers if needed mate.

ta

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2022, 04:42:54 pm »
Just finished. Don’t feel too short changed about the ending. It would have been nice to see the situation six months down the road. It has to end somehow. I just feel that the way you hear about some shows really putting in maximum effort on story line to make the last episode great. Felt a bit more rushed and tied off as if they had other projects to go to.