Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 29557 times)

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2021, 07:30:58 am »
This is probably my favourite game of all time now, but I understand why it's been so divisive among the gaming community.

The puzzles in old Zelda games had exactly one (more or less sign-posted) solution that you needed everything you had previously collected (and some brain power) to solve.

BOTW has thousands of puzzles that you can solve in a thousand million ways, but there's no hand-holding going on. You can and must figure everything out in your own time and style (or read guides).

I absolutely adored this open approach to the game. Just the fact that you can choose which Divine Beast to tackle first and that this can change your subsequent playstyle drastically.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2021, 08:54:31 am »
2 divine beasts down and I'm doing side quests as and when they come along but I am wondering is there anything that shows locations of shrines as I am missing some of them when my radar is beeping due to not being able to find them!?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2021, 01:27:26 pm »
2 divine beasts down and I'm doing side quests as and when they come along but I am wondering is there anything that shows locations of shrines as I am missing some of them when my radar is beeping due to not being able to find them!?

The only assistance for finding shrines is the beeper radar, there is nothing more specific than that.

Obviously you can go down the route of IGN or similar which will tell you exactly where to find them, some of them are quite well hidden and require you to destroy walls or look behind waterfalls etc so they can be tricky to find.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2021, 06:25:22 pm »
This tool could turn out to be your best friend:

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2021, 02:39:44 pm »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #245 on: November 1, 2021, 12:08:29 pm »
Getting the itch to start a new save, despite having clocked up about 500 hours on this game already. It's just the best.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #246 on: November 1, 2021, 12:10:18 pm »
The only assistance for finding shrines is the beeper radar, there is nothing more specific than that.

Obviously you can go down the route of IGN or similar which will tell you exactly where to find them, some of them are quite well hidden and require you to destroy walls or look behind waterfalls etc so they can be tricky to find.

There's a mad one where you have to climb to the top of this mountain and then glide across to another mountain and drop through a little gap in the rock to get to the shrine - I had to use a guide to find that one ;D

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: November 1, 2021, 12:13:29 pm »
Got up to Lost Woods last night and tried to go through a few times but kept getting the white screen. Will give it another go later.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #248 on: November 1, 2021, 02:01:49 pm »
Getting the itch to start a new save, despite having clocked up about 500 hours on this game already. It's just the best.

Have you completed the two DLCs yet? I really dug them.

If yes: New save on Master Mode perhaps?

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2021, 03:30:54 pm »
3 Divine Beasts down and about 60 odd shrines done. I'm just going around completing the many side missions as I don't want the game to end!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2021, 04:06:25 pm »
Every time I see a bump here I get my hopes up that we've got a release date for the next one ;D

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2021, 05:52:20 pm »
to be honest my switch has just been sat in the corner gathering dust for a year, waiting for the next Zelda

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2021, 05:39:49 am »
3 Divine Beasts down and about 60 odd shrines done. I'm just going around completing the many side missions as I don't want the game to end!

Did you get the DLC? It will further extend your time in this brill world.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2022, 10:36:47 pm »
One thing that puts a bit of a downer on an otherwise great game is the master trials, I’ve been stuck on the final trials all weekend and it’s just tedious shite starting all over again from the beginning when you die. The combat isn’t even that good to begin with so it’s just stupid mistakes that cost you time and time again. Thinking of jibbing it now and just going to Hyrule castle and killing Ganon then calling it a day.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2022, 10:12:48 am »
One thing that puts a bit of a downer on an otherwise great game is the master trials, I’ve been stuck on the final trials all weekend and it’s just tedious shite starting all over again from the beginning when you die. The combat isn’t even that good to begin with so it’s just stupid mistakes that cost you time and time again. Thinking of jibbing it now and just going to Hyrule castle and killing Ganon then calling it a day.

If you just want to get it over and done with with minimal fuss, I can show you a glitch that let's you skip from the first room to the last room ;-)

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2022, 10:21:23 am »
If you just want to get it over and done with with minimal fuss, I can show you a glitch that let's you skip from the first room to the last room ;-)

Send over mate as a back up after I give it a couple of more attempts  :)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2022, 03:15:05 pm »
Is it 'better' on the Wii U with the gamepad or the switch?
I've got both at the moment (I am very lucky).  The wii U is gathering dust so I may plug it in somewhere else (We have a real lack of hdmi sockets and I've bought two swtiches so far and they seem to break within a couple of weeks. not sure if they are just shit or they are being abused by people that don't like them)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2022, 10:42:28 pm »
Is it 'better' on the Wii U with the gamepad or the switch?
I've got both at the moment (I am very lucky).  The wii U is gathering dust so I may plug it in somewhere else (We have a real lack of hdmi sockets and I've bought two swtiches so far and they seem to break within a couple of weeks. not sure if they are just shit or they are being abused by people that don't like them)

Switch as the performance of the actual game is better. Wii U version is absolutely fine apart from in villages where frame rate gets a bit crap.

Really they kind of wasted the Wii U opportunity with it so as to not make the Switch version inferior - loads of possible gamepad integration e.g. map/inventory on gamepad just wasn't there. Which is understandable but I played it first on Wii U and couldn't believe they hadn't done it, and was a bit irritated by it as similar things were done on other games and they seemingly deliberately left it out so that the Switch version wouldn't lose a feature.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2022, 12:02:34 am »

Finished it just now, on to Hyrule Castle!  ;D

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2022, 05:54:36 pm »
Completed the game before, done Ganon on my first go. You are pretty overpowered once you do everything before facing him but what a game that was. Can’t wait for the sequel!

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2022, 07:59:54 pm »
The sequel pushed back to Spring 2023! Noooooooooooo!!!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2022, 08:53:59 pm »
Nintendo gonna Nintendo. Suppose it's better than doing a Cyberpunk.  :-X

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2022, 08:44:02 pm »

Ah bollocks.
Guess I'll have to play the first one again

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2022, 03:30:12 pm »
It's amazing on PC in 4k

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #264 on: May 2, 2022, 12:02:40 am »
Eventide Island is a pain. think ive attempted it too early.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #265 on: May 2, 2022, 07:59:31 pm »
I've got a holiday coming up so will be taking my Switch.

If I'm honest I've completed this a long time ago and never really wanted to pick it back up. It doesn't feel like a game I would easily pick back up again.

It's one of those that feels like I'd prefer to start it again from scratch rather than play it from where I left off.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2022, 05:44:51 am »
I've got a holiday coming up so will be taking my Switch.

If I'm honest I've completed this a long time ago and never really wanted to pick it back up. It doesn't feel like a game I would easily pick back up again.

It's one of those that feels like I'd prefer to start it again from scratch rather than play it from where I left off.

I've never finished it.  Losing the person who introduced me to nintendo to a brain tumour made it too painful to continue playing.  I know she'd want me to finish it though, or rather she'll be mocking my shit attempts at finishing it. 

not too long now :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2022, 08:03:38 am »
Sorry to hear that Paul.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2022, 08:11:07 am »
Condolences Paul  :(

This was bought for me last Christmas, played it for a while but never got into it, and I am a HUGE fan of Zelda games. I'm a very mediocre game player, and getting one-shotted by enemies I can't see wears thin pretty quickly. I may try again now that there's a 6-week break from the football (**** that abomination of a tournament in the desert).

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2022, 09:20:24 am »
Condolences Paul  :(

This was bought for me last Christmas, played it for a while but never got into it, and I am a HUGE fan of Zelda games. I'm a very mediocre game player, and getting one-shotted by enemies I can't see wears thin pretty quickly. I may try again now that there's a 6-week break from the football (**** that abomination of a tournament in the desert).

Thanks both.

I'm really not good at the shooting bits. It's the puzzles I love (never going to forgive myself for googling my way out of the OOT water temple though). 
With that said, the enemies in BOTW don't seem too bad.  Maybe you just need a bit more patience to power up before taking them on?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2022, 09:27:03 am »
From what I recall they scale up with you, and they are tagged by colours. Same type, different colour - means a different level of difficulty. My main issue was never the enemies, mostly the weapons turning to mush all the time and constantly having to switch between them. Apart from the master sword, you can't really get attached to and enjoy a specific weapon.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2022, 09:56:33 am »
I've never finished it.  Losing the person who introduced me to nintendo to a brain tumour made it too painful to continue playing.  I know she'd want me to finish it though, or rather she'll be mocking my shit attempts at finishing it. 

So sorry to hear that Paul.