Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 119123 times)

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #800 on: March 15, 2022, 11:40:00 am »
Stones playing Anfield 9th June, tickets presale code registration here https://uk-umg.com/vvreg/31234-878925.html?t=1647253842
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #801 on: March 16, 2022, 07:43:35 am »
Gutted i couldn't afford to get any tickets to any of the shows of the recently announce prodigy tour, although would be weird without Keith i still think they'll be brilliant

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: March 16, 2022, 06:55:39 pm »
Stones playing Anfield 9th June, tickets presale code registration here https://uk-umg.com/vvreg/31234-878925.html?t=1647253842

Got two today for my sister and her husband , they are pricey staring from over £90 up to £200 odd , season ticket holders got priority from today

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #803 on: March 16, 2022, 08:19:27 pm »
Got two today for my sister and her husband , they are pricey staring from over £90 up to £200 odd , season ticket holders got priority from today

How do you find them? Logged in to the ticket site but can’t find them.
Legacy fan

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #805 on: March 17, 2022, 03:20:02 pm »
Anyone get tickets for LCD Soundsystem in Brixton? That's a show I'd travel to London for, they are on my to-do list.

The weekend shows have sold out, midweek is not an option due to the 600 mile round trip.
Actually yes, almost everyone I know is going at least one of the nights. Was considering Yeah Yeah Yeahs too but I'm not sure I can justify two gigs that price so close together.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: March 17, 2022, 10:33:22 pm »
How do you find them? Logged in to the ticket site but can’t find them.

Sorry mate only just seen this , just logged Into my season ticket account  and clicked in concerts and it was there , put me in the queue then bought them

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2022, 04:14:13 pm »
A friend had a spare ticket to see Dream Theatre so I went along.

World class musicians but I was zoning out at times. Good as a spectacle but won’t find me listening to them in my leisure.

Big month of the gigs coming up including Mogwai :)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: April 22, 2022, 04:43:34 pm »
Got about a dozen lined up now, from Florist tonight and Molly Nilsson next week through to Soccer Mommy and Hot Chip in September and Poppy towards the end of the year. Feels like we're right back in the swing of things now.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: April 25, 2022, 05:19:54 pm »
Still bouncing back from TWOD in Dublin & Groove Armada @ Brixton Academy over the past 2 weeks. Still got a bunch of bands lined up when I return to Oz later this week.

The Allniters (80's Syd SKA Band), Paul Kelly @ Sydney Opera House. Then London Grammar, Leon Bridges, Kruangbin and Bonobo all locked in after that.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #810 on: April 26, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »
Got The Divine Comedy at the Bridgewater Hall tonight and it's a greatest hits tour.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #811 on: April 26, 2022, 03:11:30 pm »
Got about a dozen lined up now, from Florist tonight and Molly Nilsson next week through to Soccer Mommy and Hot Chip in September and Poppy towards the end of the year. Feels like we're right back in the swing of things now.

Ah, this is good news - had missed news of new music. Had tickets for the Soccer Mommy tour but (released in Feb 2020) it was cancelled entirely (the UK leg at least).

I'm unfortunately missing The Beths tonight, but I'm seeing Feeder on Friday and then Pillow Queens, Roddy Woomble, Brian Fallon, and Julien Baker through what's going to be a busy May!

I've seen that Ezra Furman has announced a European tour for November too, so I'll be booking for the Manchester date.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: April 26, 2022, 04:08:08 pm »
Ah, this is good news - had missed news of new music. Had tickets for the Soccer Mommy tour but (released in Feb 2020) it was cancelled entirely (the UK leg at least).

I'm unfortunately missing The Beths tonight, but I'm seeing Feeder on Friday and then Pillow Queens, Roddy Woomble, Brian Fallon, and Julien Baker through what's going to be a busy May!

I've seen that Ezra Furman has announced a European tour for November too, so I'll be booking for the Manchester date.

Going to see him and his mates in August :)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #813 on: April 27, 2022, 11:17:38 am »
Going to see him and his mates in August :)

Yes, will be keen to get to this myself - never saw The Gaslight Anthem 'the first time around. Looks like standing tickets are sold out, but I've got a few months to find something!

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #814 on: May 3, 2022, 01:38:44 pm »

Loved the Feeder gig - one of my favourites during my teenage years but I lost track a bit from 2015. Get the impression that the latest three albums represent a bit of a 'new chapter' for the band - really enjoyed all three and the gigs I've been to in 2016 & last week have been great. Friday in particular left me thinking that whatever you can do to immersive yourself in feeling 14 again can only be a good thing ;D joyous belting out some of those songs again in a crowd!

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: May 3, 2022, 01:51:58 pm »
Went to see Portishead and Idles last night at the Warchild thing at Bristol's O2.  Beth Gibbons voice is still absolutely immaculate, proper chills down the spine stuff.  Katy j Pearson was also there who actually drinks in the same pub as me.  Really good night.  Heavy Lungs were also playing so a decent night of Bristol punk and Bond themes from hell in Portishead's case.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: May 4, 2022, 11:47:51 am »
Went to see Portishead and Idles last night at the Warchild thing at Bristol's O2. 

What a weird combination of acts.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: May 6, 2022, 09:20:44 am »
We're off to see Pete Tongs Heritage Orchestra Ibiza classics tour at Colwyn Bay in August.

Can't wait 😁

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #818 on: May 6, 2022, 12:11:16 pm »
Went to see Portishead and Idles last night at the Warchild thing at Bristol's O2.  Beth Gibbons voice is still absolutely immaculate, proper chills down the spine stuff.  Katy j Pearson was also there who actually drinks in the same pub as me.  Really good night.  Heavy Lungs were also playing so a decent night of Bristol punk and Bond themes from hell in Portishead's case.

Oh my fucking god I love Portishead

Jealous. I've been living in ignorance. Glad I'm not reading a post from twenty years ago or something

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #819 on: May 7, 2022, 08:03:53 am »
We're off to see Pete Tongs Heritage Orchestra Ibiza classics tour at Colwyn Bay in August.

Can't wait 😁

I'm going to that as well! :D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: May 7, 2022, 09:37:24 pm »
I'm going to that as well! :D

Should be a good one mate 👍

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: May 13, 2022, 09:26:21 am »
Saw Osees in Dublin last night. It was a very special evening to be honest. I bought the tickets few weeks before the pandemic started, concert was scheduled for May 2020. It has since been postponed three times. Through the worse days of lockdown I kept saying to myself 'if and when I get to use these tickets - this bloody plague will truly be over'. Well, it's over now. They realy are a remarkable band to hear live. My wife went with me and I was pretty certain I oversold the experience of Osees live to her before the gig. But once those twin drums started ripping and the absolute mountain of noise descended upon us - she was hooked. It's incredible how relentless they are. Even if they might not be your cup of tea - go see these guys if you have any love for rock music.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #822 on: May 13, 2022, 11:42:54 am »
Saw Osees in Dublin last night. It was a very special evening to be honest. I bought the tickets few weeks before the pandemic started, concert was scheduled for May 2020. It has since been postponed three times. Through the worse days of lockdown I kept saying to myself 'if and when I get to use these tickets - this bloody plague will truly be over'. Well, it's over now. They realy are a remarkable band to hear live. My wife went with me and I was pretty certain I oversold the experience of Osees live to her before the gig. But once those twin drums started ripping and the absolute mountain of noise descended upon us - she was hooked. It's incredible how relentless they are. Even if they might not be your cup of tea - go see these guys if you have any love for rock music.
Going on Sunday in Manchester. Looking forward to it!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: May 13, 2022, 11:50:53 am »
First time seeing them live? If so - brace for it. 😁 If not - you know what you’re in for. This was my third time and I’d go see them live once a week if I could.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: May 13, 2022, 12:18:44 pm »
First time seeing them live? If so - brace for it. 😁 If not - you know what you’re in for. This was my third time and I’d go see them live once a week if I could.
Yep, first time. Consider me braced! ;D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2022, 12:26:15 pm »
Report back after the gig and enjoy it.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: May 13, 2022, 12:37:29 pm »
Will do. Cheers.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2022, 01:20:34 am »
Incredible. Authentic, committed, uncompromising. All the things you’d want in a band. Thrashy as expected but also surprisingly funky, psychedelic and proggy. Oh yeah, and I’m now officially deaf as a post. Loud as fuck.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #828 on: May 18, 2022, 12:39:45 pm »
Got 2 tickets for Alice Cooper/The Cult for sale. Not risking going as I have a flight to catch a few days later.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #829 on: May 20, 2022, 09:08:41 am »
Middle-aged man reporting in here from the middle of the road.

Went to David Gray in Dublin last night for his White ladder anniversary tour, delayed by 2 years. Not only was it my first post-pandemic concert, it was my first gig in about 5 years.  Just a joyous, emotional experience to be back in a crowd singing their voices hoarse. I hadn't realised how much I missed live music as a communal event.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2022, 09:18:49 am »
Just found out I'm going to the best small festival in the UK

Shambala

https://www.shambalafestival.org/
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2022, 09:21:17 am »
Middle-aged man reporting in here from the middle of the road.

:D

I must be the only white male of my age to not own that album. Still probably know every song off it though.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: May 20, 2022, 10:08:40 am »
:D

I must be the only white male of my age to not own that album. Still probably know every song off it though.

I don't own it or know any songs from it, nor do I want to.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2022, 11:10:02 am »
Just found out I'm going to the best small festival in the UK

Shambala

https://www.shambalafestival.org/
Went to one of those about 20 years ago, somewhere off the M5 (still don’t know exactly where it was as they never said….just had to come off at the right junction then look out for little wooden signs placed at junctions).

Was a great weekend. Very ‘green’ in lots of different ways ;) Beautiful setting in this wide wooded, sloping valley. Had to pedal bikes to power one of the main tents. I remember being knackered but couldn’t stop as there was no one to take over.

Enjoy!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 20, 2022, 11:18:04 am »
Incredible. Authentic, committed, uncompromising. All the things you’d want in a band. Thrashy as expected but also surprisingly funky, psychedelic and proggy. Oh yeah, and I’m now officially deaf as a post. Loud as fuck.

Glad you enjoyed it. :D
They really are a unique experience live, just a non-stop rollercoaster.
Each time I felt like the floor opened up beneath me with the first smack of the drum and 90 minutes later I'm spit back out, chewed up, empty and smiling.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:40 am »
Glad you enjoyed it. :D
They really are a unique experience live, just a non-stop rollercoaster.
Each time I felt like the floor opened up beneath me with the first smack of the drum and 90 minutes later I'm spit back out, chewed up, empty and smiling.

A mate went to the one in Bristol and said one of the drummers (the clean cut one, not ‘Animal’ from the muppets!) smashed a snare he was twatting it that hard. Don’t see that very often!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: May 20, 2022, 11:57:12 am »

Enjoy!

I try to go every year and am usually there.

It really is IMO a very special festival, which regardless of what Glastonbury organisers may say, has led the way in environmental improvements and considerations.

It's impossible to explain just how good it is, you need to go to find out, problem is tickets sell out very quickly.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: May 20, 2022, 01:01:20 pm »
After a 2 year delay I'm finally seeing My Chemical Romance (with Placebo supporting them) in Milton Keynes tomorrow. Should be a good day. Also seeing them next week in Warrington.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #838 on: May 20, 2022, 03:27:37 pm »
After a 2 year delay I'm finally seeing My Chemical Romance (with Placebo supporting them) in Milton Keynes tomorrow. Should be a good day. Also seeing them next week in Warrington.

I don't really know MCR, but I bought Placebo's new record a month or so back (a first Placebo record since about 2003 for me!) and I really like it; reckon they'll put on a cracking set.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #839 on: May 22, 2022, 12:49:34 am »

Brian Fallon was brilliant this evening. I didn't realise his solo work was of such high profile...Manchester Academy was packed out, and I think I'd have only expected him to be playing somewhere half the size or less beforehand! Chris Farren supported, and delivered a cracking set that really got everyone going. Both seemed to have really good rapport with the crowd.