Author Topic: The Hip Hop Thread  (Read 790748 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #9760 on: April 10, 2024, 10:21:32 am »
Kendrick is miles better than both, basically.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9761 on: April 10, 2024, 12:15:22 pm »
Kendrick is miles better than both, basically.

I do want to see a Kendrick vs Drake not gonna lie. Just the music not any of the other instagram circus etc

Prefer Kendrick's style and the way he comes across....also Cole too - I know he is getting pelters for what he did but ability-wise nothing has changed. He will probably have to avoid any bragging about being the best if he raps anymore however!

Alot of ego on the line this summer  ;D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9762 on: April 20, 2024, 02:43:24 pm »
Was a massive hip hop head growing up . Nothing compares to run the jewels nowadays though. Hopefully they release a new album soon.

Just cannot get into into the likes of kendrick Lamar and drake.  Their voices suck and that's a huge thing for me along with flow. You could have the best lyricist but if they have a boring monotone voice or choppy flow, I'm not listening.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9763 on: April 22, 2024, 09:51:06 am »
what does everyone think of this "big 3 beef" ?

the j.cole apology recently...strange move but he seems to have tapped out.
kendrick vs drake then, will it happen or die out into subliminals for eternity...?

Lyrically Kendrick has it - I'm not a fan of Drake and is Hip-Pop.

Like Ye said in his remix "I can't even think of a Drake line".

Put it this way, none of these guys have it in their locker to drop a Takeover vs. Ether level exchange.
JFT97

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: April 22, 2024, 06:06:27 pm »
Was a massive hip hop head growing up . Nothing compares to run the jewels nowadays though. Hopefully they release a new album soon.

Just cannot get into into the likes of kendrick Lamar and drake.  Their voices suck and that's a huge thing for me along with flow. You could have the best lyricist but if they have a boring monotone voice or choppy flow, I'm not listening.
it's an obvious shout but have you tried listening to good kid maad city? I thought the same as you listening to to pimp a butterfly, I just did not understand the hype. Found none of the songs particularly grabbed me and I didn't love his voice either. Eventually worked backwards and found that GKMC is just absolutely exceptional, one of the very best.