Author Topic: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.  (Read 276120 times)

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
Re: 'Sopranos' fans
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:11 pm »
Don't know what i will do when the Sopranos eventually ends. I need a daily fix of it  :(

There have been a couple of memorable episodes like "pine barrens" where they got stuck outside all night in the snow. The episodes where Tony has his weird dreams are always memorable.

Paulie is a legend. There are a couple of classic paulie quotes...

One of them in the most recent series was when Tony B tells him he is going to work with a Korean.

Paulie's advice to him:  "One word of warning, remember Pearl Harbour!". 

;D
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006, 12:30:13 am »
i always hope that sopranos will never end and it'll just keep getting better and better but it just aint going to happen you cant keep a show of this quality going too long before it just gets shit, rather it ended on a high!
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2006, 12:48:13 am »
Only 7 weeks to go from this Sunday I think.

Gonna watch all the other five series again soon to lead up to it nicely...

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2006, 01:53:50 am »
yer im watching 3,4 and 5 before 6 starts, cant fucking wait! Goin be amazing but so sad for it to end, poor tony :(

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2006, 02:46:41 am »
Tony: It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that, I know. But lately I'm getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.

Christopher: This ain't negotiation time. This is Scarface, final scene, f**kin' bazookas under each arm, 'say hello to my little friend!'
Silvio: Always with the scenarios.

Tony: I had a dream that I f**ked your brains out. Right on that desk, and you loved it
Dr. Melfi: Well you through that at me like a rock.

Paulie: You’re not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator.
Christopher: His house looked like shit.

Anyways enough with the quotes :D can someone explain what all this controversy is about in episode 32? a rape scene or something? But please dont give me any real spoilers! Just interested read a lot of comments from people saying they are never going to watch the show etc etc is it really that bad??

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2006, 08:38:59 am »
One more quote from the last episode of the last series - not funny, just a great line from Tony to Silvio:

"All due respect, you got no fucking idea what it's like to be number one. Every decision you make affects ever facet of every other fucking thing. It's too much to deal with almost. And in the end you're completely alone with it."
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2006, 08:46:34 am »
Tony: It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that, I know. But lately I'm getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.

Christopher: This ain't negotiation time. This is Scarface, final scene, f**kin' bazookas under each arm, 'say hello to my little friend!'
Silvio: Always with the scenarios.

Tony: I had a dream that I f**ked your brains out. Right on that desk, and you loved it
Dr. Melfi: Well you through that at me like a rock.

Paulie: You’re not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator.
Christopher: His house looked like shit.

Anyways enough with the quotes :D can someone explain what all this controversy is about in episode 32? a rape scene or something? But please dont give me any real spoilers! Just interested read a lot of comments from people saying they are never going to watch the show etc etc is it really that bad??

No, it's not a rape scene. It's a killing, but the party involved makes it very uncomfortable viewing. It's one of the rare occasions a civilian is killed, and it makes the point pretty powerfully that- apart from the suits, the money, the goomahs, the glamour- these men are thugs pure and simple.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2006, 12:42:59 pm »
Although i love the characters ive never lost touch with the reality they are, in their simpliest form, good for nothing thugs and gangsters!  Seems silly to be all these so-called fans complaining and saying they'll never watch the show again! Did they not realise what the whole show is about? Its not ur fairytale american dream bullshit its a grimey inside look at what really happens in the mafia!

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2006, 12:49:13 pm »
Although i love the characters ive never lost touch with the reality they are, in their simpliest form, good for nothing thugs and gangsters!  Seems silly to be all these so-called fans complaining and saying they'll never watch the show again! Did they not realise what the whole show is about? Its not ur fairytale american dream bullshit its a grimey inside look at what really happens in the mafia!
Good point. It is a particularly grim scene though. See it and tell us what you reckon.  :wave

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2006, 12:53:53 pm »
Only 7 weeks to go from this Sunday I think.

the 6th series starts in the states early march so i don't expect it here till late april or may

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2006, 03:48:26 pm »
March 12 it's on in America.

Won't be waiting until it comes out over here though to watch it.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2006, 04:47:12 pm »
March 12 it's on in America.

Won't be waiting until it comes out over here though to watch it.

The beauty of Bittorrent.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2006, 05:20:03 pm »
i love the "pie o my" episode when Ralph finally "disapears".

"She was a beautiful, innocent creature! What'd she ever do to you? And you killed her! You killed her!"

don't mess with Tony's love of animals.

best character is Sil though, be interesting to see how him and Tony get on in the next series.

i'm going to mis Johnny Sacks though he was class and i think he was the only one Tony was actually a bit scared of.

uncle Jun's surely got to die in this series too, Meadows is set to get wed, i can't wait for it too start again.

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2006, 06:04:53 pm »
The beauty of Bittorrent.

if only knew how to work the fuckin thing

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2006, 06:22:38 pm »
you got a few weeks to learn how to use it :P how big is series 6 goin be on bittorrent?? Im on 2meg so shouldnt be that much of a problem, anyone here got any of the other seasons off bittorrent? whats the quality like?

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2006, 11:03:35 pm »
Best show ever.

Christopher is my favourite with Paulie a close second. Love the first episode of series 5 when these 2 are at each other. Some great lines in that episode. Cant wait for the new series though, pit Adrianne wont be in it :(
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2006, 11:26:40 pm »
Can you get Johnny Sack ringtones?

I'd like his speech at the end of 'Whitecaps', last episode Season 4. He's pure menace ;)

Joi de vivre...

'Friends'...

He's doin' that face again!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:32:16 pm by Harry_Wong »
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2006, 11:46:07 pm »
Love the episode where he's defending his wife against the jokes about her size, then comes home unexpectedly to find her scarfing down chocolate by the dozen.  :D

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2006, 12:08:03 am »
sooo many spoilers but i just cant stop reading them :D going back to uni 2moz so can watch season 3 4 and 5 :D yeahhh

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2006, 12:26:11 am »
Love the episode where he's defending his wife against the jokes about her size, then comes home unexpectedly to find her scarfing down chocolate by the dozen.  :D
You can't be in the Sopranos without being in some form of denial.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2006, 12:28:26 am »
You can't be in the Sopranos without being in some form of denial.

Then there's the brief moment when he tells Tony he got rid of his sports car because Ginny couldn't get into it because of her knee (I think?) and Tony just grins- you can see him thinking 'yeh, that's why she couldn't fit into a cramped front seat...'

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2006, 12:45:10 am »
Johnny's like rock, I think they decided to write him as the near-perfect mobster, his one character-flaw being that loyalty to his wife.

Paulie plays on it, using Ralphie's mockery of her to get Johnny to kill him, almost getting himself killed because both families needed Ralphie for the Esplanade project.

He's supposed to be central to season 6.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:47:04 am by Harry_Wong »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2006, 12:47:02 am »
Who would you rather have as your second in command! Paulie or Silvio? Although i love silvio's hair i think paulie is hard as fuck an gets the job done! Sorry if this sounds stupid but i havent seen s4 or s5 yet so i dont know if one of them fucks up!

Oh btw hooded claw is that nick cave in ur avatar??

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2006, 05:08:20 pm »
Johnny's like rock, I think they decided to write him as the near-perfect mobster, his one character-flaw being that loyalty to his wife.

Paulie plays on it, using Ralphie's mockery of her to get Johnny to kill him, almost getting himself killed because both families needed Ralphie for the Esplanade project.

He's supposed to be central to season 6.

I agree about John Sacramoni.

I read somewhere that they tried to model him as much as possible on John Gotti.s

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2006, 06:06:11 pm »
Oh btw hooded claw is that nick cave in ur avatar??

It is indeed.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2006, 08:22:41 pm »
Final chorus for 'Sopranos'

By MARISA GUTHRIE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

LOS ANGELES - "And now, the end is near," Frank Sinatra famously sang. And so it is for "The Sopranos."
The last 20 episodes of "The Sopranos" are indeed the end, creator David Chase told writers at the winter gathering of the Television Critics Association.

"This will be the end," said Chase.

Definitely.

The series returns March 12 with 12 episodes, of which No. 11 will be filmed this week. The final eight will begin airing in January 2007.

Flanked by stars James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco and Michael Imperioli, Chase was cryptic about any plot twists. A clip of the upcoming season showing a bevy of recognizable guest stars, including Julianna Margulies, Hal Holbrook, Ben Kingsley and Tim Daly, revealed the most.

The trailer also has Falco's Carmela wistfully recounting her relationship with Tony and building to a crescendo of regret punctuated by the angry declaration, "I hired you to do a job."

It intimated reconciliation for Tony and Carmela and, of course, a lot of shocking violence.

Chase elaborated little on how Holbrook, Margulies and Kingsley would fit into the show, though he did say Holbrook plays an ailing scientist who becomes involved with the mob. Kingsley will play himself and Margulies will play a real estate agent.

"Named Julianna," Falco added.

Kingsley said Chase approached him and he found the script "delightful, witty and extremely well written."

Bracco's sister, actress Elizabeth Bracco (who is married to Aidan Quinn), will also appear as the wife of a mobster.

The cast was sanguine about the long goodbye for a series that has so far defined their careers.

"You get to follow the same character through a lot of the same ups and downs that you go through in your own life," said Falco. "I can't imagine any place else where you get to do that and what a thrill it is. It's not about finding the character any more. It's about actually being in it and going where ever she goes."

Gandolfini acknowledged playing Tony Soprano has placed an indelible mark not only on his career, but his life.

"When we started out, a lot of us... were reasonably unknown," he said. "You learn so much from all the stuff that happened through this. You learn about success and money and celebrity. It's been an incredible life lesson that none of us would have ever had if we didn't have this opportunity."

For the future, Gandolfini said he's not "very good at the multitasking thing" and although he's in discussions to play Ernest Hemingway in a big-screen film, he is concentrating on the task at hand.

"I'm thinking about finishing this the right way," he said. "It does feel like the end this time. It really does."

Ben kingsley playing himself..interesting

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 08:29:40 pm »
bit more to whet the appetites

PASADENA, Calif. - Like Tony Soprano, David Chase is dealing with a lot of anxiety and pressure this season.
But one thing "The Sopranos" creator doesn't need to worry about is whether fans upset at the 18-month wait between seasons will say the show is "dead to me." If a brief, appetizing highlight reel shown to TV critics here is any indication, "The Sopranos" instantly will make annoyed HBO viewers forgetaboutit.

"Who is hungry?" asked desperate housewife Carmela, before several scenes in the reel featured Tony and his friends and family stuffing themselves with pasta and a variety of food.

The nation's critics assembled here certainly were hungry for even the tiniest morsel about the March 12 start of the sixth season during an interview with Chase and cast members James Gandolfini (Tony), Carmela (Edie Falco), Dr. Jennifer Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) and Christopher Moltisanti (Michael Imperioli).

Chase initially was about as forthcoming as a mobster taking the Fifth Amendment but eventually he gave starved critics a few nourishing details.

• The first part of the 12-episode final season will end in June, there will be a six-month delay before the final eight episodes will begin airing in January 2007. The series will definitely end in March 2007.

• The mood around Tony and the gang this season will be "kind of disquieted, sort of rattled, not feeling things are going well."

"(The season) is mostly keyed off of the fact that Johnny Sack (Tony's rival) has been arrested and is facing a large RICO trial for murder," said Chase. "And people have the chance to see a possible potential future for themselves and it has a ripple effect just like psychologically, I think, it would."

• It is unlikely there will be a much-rumored movie to follow the series finale.

"I think what we'll be doing in (the final 20 episodes) would be that movie," said Chase.

• The guest star list includes Julianna Margulies ("ER") as a real estate agent, Hal Holbook and Ben Kingsley.

"Ben Kingsley plays Ben Kingsley," said Chase. Cornered after another HBO session in which he stars in a movie, Kingsley said he agreed to be on the show because he thought the role was "delightful, witty and extremely-well written."

No one will ever accuse Gandolfini of being "witty." He generally approaches interviews like Tony approaches conversations with the FBI. He's cautious. But by his own uncomfortable standards, Gandolfini was verbose during and after the interview. He sees the end of his signature role as having plusses and minuses.

"It is a dark, dark world," said Gandolfini, who was entirely dressed in black. "If you're going to be in a dark world, I can't think of any better one to be in. I still think I'm very lucky to be in it."

"It does feel like the end this time," added Gandolfini, who like much of the cast was a relative unknown when the show began. "You learn so much about success, money and celebrity. It's been an incredible life lesson."

Asked if Tony had grown over the years, Gandolfini said: "Honestly, I think it is the changes that age brings. You slow down a little bit. I don't think you are as quick to explode in certain cases."

None of the actors know how Tony's life lesson will end and Chase isn't saying if viewers will feel the whole story has been told or if the characters are just going to go on.

"The truth is both, really," said Chase. "Obviously they're all not going to go up in a nuclear cloud."

"That would be good," said Gandolfini, flashing a huge smile.

After the session, Chase admitted the pressure to have the series go out with a figurative bang is enormous.

"It is horrible," said Chase. "On some level that sort of is the downside of being a well-liked show, especially this show. We're in the public eye so much. We get reviewed every Monday. At the same time you can't quarrel with that. It is great that people take an interest. But yeah, it is a lot of pressure."

He didn't envision pressure like this when the series began airing after the first 13 episodes were finished before any of them aired.

"We were in this little cocoon, none of us ever thought the show would be anything," said Chase. "We thought everybody would not like it and say "another mob show, more Mafia stuff, ohmygod, this unlikable character.' We had no idea that people would like it. So the trick is always to try to put ourselves back mentally in that same cocoon. Most of the time it is easy but once in a while, at a thing like this, you start to realize ... "Wow.' "

Gandolfini doesn't worry about the need for a "wow" ending. "I don't know what the word is - we've sown our oats," said Gandolfini. "So what it is, it is."

Imperioli doesn't know what it is, either, but he has his suspicions.

"I have a feeling most of these characters aren't going to wrap up too well," said Imperioli. "I don't mean dead. Some dead. I mean I don't think there are going to be too many happy endings, just knowing David's sensibility."

That analysis sounds dead-on to me.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:58 pm »

Ben kingsley playing himself..interesting

I quite like the episode where John Favreau plays himself and steals Chrissy's story as his own!

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2006, 09:35:05 pm »
Just bought season 4 today ive watched about 2 or 3 episodes a day now for a couple of weeks, completly exhumed by the whole show! Gotta say ralphie is fucking awesome, hes almost as funny as the tag team of sil and paulie! 

Watched the episode were ralphie killed traci (the stripper) was expecting it to be a hell of a lot worse by all the bullshit hype with people saying it should never been showed.  The guy obviously has a few...ok a shit load of screws loose in his head and doesnt give any respect to women so its a situation that could quite easily come about. 

Got to say i enjoyed season 3 just as much as 1 and 2 and season 4 is already a fucking cracker even with paulie in jail for the mean time, so lets see what i got to look forward to...adriana getting whacked, cant wait for that but ralphie also gets it :( it was always goin happen to him but hes been such a comical character so far! My fav episode is 'Pine Barrens' by a country mile, a whole episode of paulie and chris is always going to be a classic but with that russian i was crying with laughter most of the way through it!  'He was an interior decorator! Killed 16 checkans!' 'Get outta here...his house looked like shit!' so fucking good haha!

Anyways keep postin on this thread an keep it alive!

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2006, 09:06:56 pm »
"I tried to get out, but they puuuuuulled me back in!"

Best show EVER!

Offline Frank82

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool 2-1 Arsenal ..... One Neil Mellor!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:48 pm »
Think my favourite is "Meadowlands", where Tony is taking the lovely Meadow to look round universitys and finds someone who was a rat and now in Witness Protection, cracking episode that one!

Yea that was a great episode!

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2006, 03:05:30 pm »

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2006, 03:53:40 pm »
New trailer up-
http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/

gets you straight into the mood. really lookin forward to this.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2006, 04:59:58 pm »
I've lost my never even opened Series 5 which i really want to watch, gonna have to have a long search now!!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2006, 05:02:40 pm »
Scratch that, quick look in the loft (where i did actually suspect it had been stowed) has reaped the seeds of Guinea delight!

No work to be done by me tonight!!

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2006, 08:16:35 pm »
love it in
Scratch that, quick look in the loft (where i did actually suspect it had been stowed) has reaped the seeds of Guinea delight!

series 5

I love it in series 5 when Steve Buscemi turns up (Tony's cousin, another Tony of course ). after 20 odd years inside. He looks like he's just stepped off the set of Miami Vice.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:36 pm »
have you all seen the clips trailer of season 6? not just the crappy one of the meat shop opening?? On the clips one it looks really juicy a hell of a lot of whackings! Paulie stabbing someone in the heart after what looks like a big fight, im not sure who it is but it kind of looks like junior but surely cant be!! Chris shooting out of the window of a speeding car!! Tony looks like hes fighting someone as well with bobby and sil watching on! Bobby looks to be getting a real push into the big time, he really does look a badass which is something i thought could never happen looking at how much of an idiot he is in the previous series! Just smoking that cigar he looks so evil, plus looks like hes dealing H with some black dude! You see johnny sack in jail as well looking pissed off and philly being made the head of the family, everyones toasting him!! cant wait!!

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2006, 07:38:03 pm »
Just noticed tony shouting 'you goin take care of his kids after hes gone?' and Philly saying 'Our friend there, johnny wants him gone!' So it looks like johnny sack is still running the family from inside something i didnt expect to happen and whose tony talking about?? Least its not Paulie :P

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2006, 11:27:42 pm »

Half way through series three now. I can't think of anything better that's been done on tv...

Oh and two weeks to go.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2006, 12:54:12 pm »
Series 2 and 3 were the best of the Five IMO.