Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by LuverlyRita on Today at 12:44:53 pm »
To be fair, they won’t be that close the the wild Mersey.  There’s 30-40 m between them.
Didn't the Morrisons in New Brighton get flooded a decade or so ago? It must be a similar distance away from the water. It just takes the wrong combination of high tide and low pressure.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by Rob K on Today at 12:44:34 pm »
Seems to block you now if you select the game's hallmap from your browser history. How ridiculous is this... Why can't they stop blocking normal human users!? You literally have no other way of getting a ticket without refreshing the game's hallmap!

Ahh, was wondering how people are finding them as every time i go on the site both matches say sold out
best case is absolutely they draw, if we win that'd put us ahead by 2pts (Arse) and 3pts (MC).

No chance that game will be a draw. They rarely do in the prem
I think maybe we are looking at it differently? Winning the title with Real Madrid isn't necessarily a greater achievement than staying up Rayo, if you catch my drift. When looking at players, you look at the level they're playing at, but when it comes to managers, I think it's not as clear cut.

All teams have a certain expected levels, based on the players at their disposal primarily, but also budget etc. And then you have teams punching slightly or clearly above their expected level, and vice versa. In my opinion, we should be looking at essentially any manager that has consistently had his team in the former category, especially over time.

Now these managers are quite few and far between, but without a doubt Thomas Frank is one of them. Also, the level he's at isn't Ole at Molde, he's been consistently overachieving in the same league that we're in. I'm not saying there aren't arguments against it, but to completely dismiss a consistently overachieving manager like that is folly in my opinion.

Last, I also don't like or necessarily believe in possession based football. Thomas Frank is a more direct, pressing manager, which is more to my liking. Obviously that is enteriely subjective. But his consistent overachieving over a number of years it's not. It's a fact, and a rare one at that.

Frank has done well, but the wheels have come off a bit this season. Add to that the fact that he didn't succeed at Brøndby in Denmark and his football is often shit on a stick, and I think it's a bit mad that people think he can fill Jürgen's shoes.

And I say that as someone who's dealt with him personally a few times and think he's a truly great fella. He's not an LFC manager.
What have these people actually done for the criticism thrown about?

Cheated on his wife with some news reporter bint or something like that. Then rode a skateboard to training.
I can't help wondering if the stuff that has come out is an attempt to kill the currently distracting noise around Xabi, when he is trying to do his job, effectively completing his current task, which before all this was probably easier to concentrate on. With luck it works, we should want him to thoroughly succeed this season.  I am still of the opinion that come June we will be looking at him or Amorim in the job, for me a 50/50, with in my mind, people at our club already knowing what will happen. I suppose the situation with Ancelotti can be a factor.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: International Watch
« Last post by The WASP on Today at 12:42:35 pm »
Only one of them will actually be injured though. Every time a physio comes on with us you know it's an injury. Guardiola will have just told them to go off at the slightest thing.

Stones and Walker both out for Sunday  :wave
Must win no question about it.
I may be incorrect and I apologize to Kimmich for this, but doesn't he have some alternative views on politics and society

there was that whole vaccine thing? But willingly went public to say he regretted that he didn’t get vaccinated earlier.
Could you ref a Utd game and be 100% fair, cos I know I couldn't. I wouldn't do anything illegal, but I'd not play advantages, wave away free kicks when Fernandes hit the deck, I'd give a stonewall pen, but anything I thought I could not give, I wouldn't.

Parents cannot referee kids games without bias, imagine being able to fuck over a team you grew up hating?

I wouldn't put myself in the position, as you cant send off an entire city ;D...... but funny that you mention that - the perception in here is that all refs are Brian Glover in Kes, when they ref us, its fucking hilarious  :lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10