Author Topic: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak  (Read 92520 times)

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to LFC Ben Doak
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2022, 01:19:09 am »
Perpetual motion.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2022, 02:05:09 am »
This boy looked special in his brief cameo, hope he continues to improve. Can very much see him getting a start in the next round.

Most exciting talent to come out the academy since sterling? Actually reminded me a lot of sterling out there when he first broke through where he was fearless and took his man on at any given opportunity.

Attacking talent wise Yes I think so

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2022, 02:07:28 am »
He is the perfect player against a low block.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2022, 02:45:49 am »
Very raw (no duh!) but extremely exciting player.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2022, 04:36:57 am »
Loved it. He has the potential to cause all sorts of chaos. Still early days and he'll need to be protected but for a 16 year old lad its just so wonderful to see him always asking for the ball and almost single-mindedly wanting to run at defenders and get us into the box. I thought that first shot where we completely mishit it after dribbling into the 6-yard box would maybe affect him, but next moment he is back and wanted the ball so he could do it again. I'd love to see him get late game minutes against tired legs in the league. He'll cause havoc.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2022, 04:39:43 am »
You can add Bajčetić, Gordon and Scanlon to that list!

And Quansah, Kone-Doherty and Pitaluga. The academy has never been so rich in talent than at the minute. So many lads who look like they could turn into really good players.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2022, 05:25:36 am »
And Quansah, Kone-Doherty and Pitaluga. The academy has never been so rich in talent than at the minute. So many lads who look like they could turn into really good players.

Hahaha, Not that I'm having a go at you or that I think that your statement is wild but I have heard the same said at many many stages in the last two decades. Doak does look a superb talent though. His dribbling and ability to beat players alone will make him a massive threat. If he can grow his footballing brain alongside that, he'll be an absolute handful.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2022, 05:59:51 am »
That was a terrific debut.  It's always difficult to predict a players trajectory from 16 years old, but the lad showed glimpses of proper class out there and an abundance of confidence to come on for his debut and straight away start running at defenders.  Exciting prospect.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2022, 08:18:38 am »
Some boy. 16. Wow.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2022, 08:29:50 am »
17 tomorrow so hardly a kid anymore
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2022, 08:38:43 am »
Hahaha, Not that I'm having a go at you or that I think that your statement is wild but I have heard the same said at many many stages in the last two decades. Doak does look a superb talent though. His dribbling and ability to beat players alone will make him a massive threat. If he can grow his footballing brain alongside that, he'll be an absolute handful.

It is true though. The standard of player produced over the last 10 years has been head and shoulders above the 10 years before that. This current crop look even better. We've gone from producing players who struggle to play league football to producing players good enough for L1, Championship and SPL. A good few of these younger players will be PL level.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2022, 08:44:26 am »
A Celtic supporting mate said he expected big things for this lad. Have to say, going by his cameo, I'd love to see him start in the next cup game, looks like he has a bag of confidence and the skill to back it up.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2022, 08:53:12 am »
17 tomorrow so hardly a kid anymore

'I rest my case your honour.'

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2022, 09:08:20 am »
Loved it. He has the potential to cause all sorts of chaos. Still early days and he'll need to be protected but for a 16 year old lad its just so wonderful to see him always asking for the ball and almost single-mindedly wanting to run at defenders and get us into the box. I thought that first shot where we completely mishit it after dribbling into the 6-yard box would maybe affect him, but next moment he is back and wanted the ball so he could do it again. I'd love to see him get late game minutes against tired legs in the league. He'll cause havoc.
Love the fact he got himself back involved straight away, he wanted the ball. He just wanted to get another feel for it straight away and played a simple pass. I noticed it straight away, he just wanted to get some confidence, all at the age of 16 making his debut at Anfield, it was boss.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2022, 09:18:16 am »
It is true though. The standard of player produced over the last 10 years has been head and shoulders above the 10 years before that. This current crop look even better. We've gone from producing players who struggle to play league football to producing players good enough for L1, Championship and SPL. A good few of these younger players will be PL level.

Exactly. Share that view too. Now we don’t know if any of the players yesterday will make it here but overall looking at these league cup games yesterday to five years ago or ten years ago the difference is noticeable. The academy is definitely improving as a whole. I.e the general standard is higher. But that said these top top youngsters are still a kinda random event. Because we’ve had some great talent coming through in the past of course, on an individual level.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2022, 09:26:20 am »

The better players aren’t from our academy apart from Morton really.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2022, 09:30:14 am »
Comes on, goes immediately into overdrive and skins the back. Brimming with youthful exuberance he ends up tripping over his own feet.

Gave me a proper chuckle and filled my heart with joy for football.

Keep it up young Ben!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2022, 09:34:28 am »

Young Raheem, Pacheco and Suso stand out from the previous few batches, but that's all I recall sadly..
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2022, 09:36:30 am »

Ok, players that have played youth football with us and used our academy as a finishing school.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2022, 09:37:23 am »

Don't forget Cannonier & Koumas.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2022, 09:37:49 am »
Young Raheem, Pacheco and Suso stand out from the previous few batches, but that's all I recall sadly..

Ojo, Wilson, Kent, Ejaria, Coady, Kelleher, Jones, Neco Williams, Jack Robinson and there's surely a few more I'm missing.

Trent, Woodburn, Brannagan.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 09:40:00 am by FlashGordon »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2022, 09:38:58 am »

Well...and Trent, and Curtis Jones
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2022, 09:54:03 am »

There was that youth team with Sterling, Suso, Robinson, Coady, Flanagan, Tom Ince, Wisdom. All decent players but  only the 2 or 3 of PL level which is still good for a youth team. Adam Morgan was the striker in that team but fell by the wayside.

It's stronger now because we're buying top talent at 15-17. As we did with Sterling and Suso who were the best of that batch.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2022, 10:53:34 am »
There was that youth team with Sterling, Suso, Robinson, Coady, Flanagan, Tom Ince, Wisdom. All decent players but  only the 2 or 3 of PL level which is still good for a youth team. Adam Morgan was the striker in that team but fell by the wayside.

It's stronger now because we're buying top talent at 15-17. As we did with Sterling and Suso who were the best of that batch.
Disagree really. We've always gone after top young players the difference now is our 'weaker' players are better than they were when we were getting smashed by Ajax and Sporting in the NextGen. The base level is higher across the acadmey and would say this is probably true across most top English academies
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:55:14 am by Chris~ »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2022, 11:57:54 am »

As a team at the sharp end, we inevitably place different demands on the players who reach the fringes of the first team - our assessment of players is different to what it might be at a club lower down the table/leagues. In many ways, our academy serves a different purpose to what other clubs' academies does - those players who do go on to have a decent career in the Premier League or Championship actually are successes, and a top-level team featuring a handful of truly home-grown first teamers would be quite exceptional really. Probably even somewhat generational - Ajax and United, Barca, etc.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2022, 01:23:41 pm »
I'd think about having on the bench as an impact player right now, depending upon the opposition
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2022, 01:30:05 pm »
A Celtic supporting mate said he expected big things for this lad. Have to say, going by his cameo, I'd love to see him start in the next cup game, looks like he has a bag of confidence and the skill to back it up.

Was chatting to some Celtic fans on holiday and they were gutted he had left them, made it worse when I showed them the Napoli goal. ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2022, 06:36:07 pm »
Liverpool youngster Ben Doak is set to sign his first professional contract with the club. [@dmlynch]

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2022, 07:58:49 pm »
He is really small, but I bet if we were to look back at 17 yr old Sadio Mane and 17 yr old Mo Salah, they would be rather small as well. 

He is an exciting prospect with seemingly unlimited confidence and bravura.  Once he gets some adult strength like those other two forwards, he could be special.  Of course a lot can happen between now and then, but no doubt he looks a real asset for us.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2022, 08:44:34 pm »
Encouraging, he played the same against league 1 opposition as he does the u 18’s.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2022, 08:53:38 pm »

Never on doubt; he looks an amazing prospect, he torn it apart playing for youth team and didn't miss a beat yesterday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2022, 09:04:18 pm »
He is really small

He looks taller than Elliot when they were celebrating together. Looks like hes about 5ft8 right now maybe 5ft9

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2022, 05:06:17 am »

What a week for the wee whippersnapper!

I'd think about having on the bench as an impact player right now, depending upon the opposition

I would have him on the bench most games too. Even in a 5 minute cameo can imagine him giving a tired leftback a lot to think about!

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2022, 06:40:47 am »
What a week for the wee whippersnapper!

I would have him on the bench most games too. Even in a 5 minute cameo can imagine him giving a tired leftback a lot to think about!
Until he gets hacked by a burly defender who is upset at being blasted passed. He is really young and should be allowed to develop physically before he gets a regular spot in our first team squad. I don't want to see another massive injury like Harvey's again.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2022, 01:16:37 pm »
Signed his first professional contract :)
AHA!

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2022, 01:18:16 pm »
All rite!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2022, 02:36:04 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2022, 02:36:21 pm »

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2022, 02:55:52 pm »
He is really small, but I bet if we were to look back at 17 yr old Sadio Mane and 17 yr old Mo Salah, they would be rather small as well. 

He is an exciting prospect with seemingly unlimited confidence and bravura.  Once he gets some adult strength like those other two forwards, he could be special.  Of course a lot can happen between now and then, but no doubt he looks a real asset for us.
I think Salah was born straight into a man's body and Mane also looked a proper athlete already.

Wasn't lack of physicality apparently one of the reasons Mourinho didn't want Salah at Chelsea though?  Hilarious if so with the hindsight of what a specimen he developed into.

Those two are a pretty high bar for Doak to aspire to but realistically that's the level he needs to work towards to become a regular here.  It's brutal but we tend to sign players once they're getting close to that level rather than being at the level of Basel or Metz.  He's made a very promising start in his one cameo!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2022, 03:29:09 pm »
Needs to get that hair sorted.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.