Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 305767 times)

Online nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
Re: Away Games
« Reply #200 on: May 8, 2013, 07:15:58 pm »
14 aways - 19 aways
10 aways - 18 aways
9 aways - 15 aways
8 aways  - 14 aways
6 aways  - 13 aways
5 aways  - 10 aways
4 aways  - 7-8 aways due to Norwich approx 30 tickets on 4 sale.
3 aways  - up to 4 aways due to limited numbers
2 aways  - 2 aways
1 aways  - up to 2 aways limited due to number of applicants exceeding amount on sale.

Ok any similar predictions for next season?  I'm expecting Wigan to go down so 2 aways - 1 away......gutted
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #201 on: May 8, 2013, 07:34:29 pm »
14 aways - 19 aways
10 aways - 18 aways
9 aways - 15 aways
8 aways  - 14 aways
6 aways  - 13 aways
5 aways  - 10 aways
4 aways  - 7-8 aways due to Norwich approx 30 tickets on 4 sale.
3 aways  - up to 4 aways due to limited numbers
2 aways  - 2 aways
1 aways  - up to 2 aways limited due to number of applicants exceeding amount on sale.

If only i had gone to 1 extra game last season or even brought it and sold it on the exchange to get me uo to 4....i'd be on 7/8 but instead find myself on 2.
Now Wigan are going down....brilliant  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #202 on: May 8, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »
Think some in here could do with posting on this forum from now on...

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/1-Everton-Forums
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 8, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
If only i had gone to 1 extra game last season or even brought it and sold it on the exchange to get me uo to 4....i'd be on 7/8 but instead find myself on 2.
Now Wigan are going down....brilliant  :butt
Same here mate, genuinely think we'll struggle to stay on the ladder next season.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 8, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »
Been trying to get on the ladder since 06, slowly built it up too  11 aways from this season. Feel bad for those who have only recently started but it wont be the last time the opportunity arises to get on the ladder! till then the ticket exchange will be open. :)
AMF

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #205 on: May 8, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »
Been trying to get on the ladder since 06, slowly built it up too  11 aways from this season. Feel bad for those who have only recently started but it wont be the last time the opportunity arises to get on the ladder! till then the ticket exchange will be open. :)

Good for you mate, just shows with a bit of dedication it can be done. I hadn't gone to away games for years (I go back to the days when you could pitch up to a London away game and get a ticket if you were early enough) started again a few seasons ago and built it back up to 4 pretty quickly. Also made some new contacts and could have gone to a good 8-10 aways this season if not for other commitments.

It can be done if you want it badly enough
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #206 on: May 8, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »

Ok any similar predictions for next season?  I'm expecting Wigan to go down so 2 aways - 1 away......gutted

With Wigan going down, I highly doubt that any match next season will go below 2 credits. The only other one that went this year was Newcastle anyway.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:50 am »
all that should matter is you get a ticket for face value, whether it is through the club, mates, exchange, twitter or any other avenue! always tickets for every away game about, just depends on how much time you can put in to get one sometimes.

so looks likely wigan are going down and sure more people will complain that it is a 'closed shop, but well done to those who have been going to the games and built up loyalty or just good contacts, you deserve to go!
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline nadeeer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2013, 11:45:42 am »
I have no aways on my card and I haven't even bothered trying because I can just sense it won't happen any time soon, but I've still been to quite a few aways (all the London ones plus another 4-5) thanks to contacts made through the ticket exchange.

If your primary concern is going to the games, there is always a way but if your primary concern is ticket hunting, good luck to you but I think it will be incredibly difficult.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2013, 01:12:01 pm »
I have no aways on my card and I haven't even bothered trying because I can just sense it won't happen any time soon, but I've still been to quite a few aways (all the London ones plus another 4-5) thanks to contacts made through the ticket exchange.

If your primary concern is going to the games, there is always a way but if your primary concern is ticket hunting, good luck to you but I think it will be incredibly difficult.

Totally agree with that! Spot on pal
Rafa Benitez

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »

Totally agree with you there.

I have no aways on my card but done a fair share of them this year. And i know i am not going to get on the ladder anytime soon and to be fair by getting on the ladder this would mean the team wont be doing as well on the pitch, so i'm happy trying my luck on the exchange and with contacts ive made over the past 2 seasons.

Offline xico_da_bezana

• Anny Roader
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »
all that should matter is you get a ticket for face value

Not correct, as the day you secure the ticket has a massive impact on travelling plans. Also, if you live in a different city to the seller and he's not attending the match, you need to secure the ticket at least 3 days before the match.

All that should happen is that you get your tickets from the club.
Liverpool fan since the 8th of March, 2006.

Offline nadeeer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2013, 09:23:33 am »
Not correct, as the day you secure the ticket has a massive impact on travelling plans. Also, if you live in a different city to the seller and he's not attending the match, you need to secure the ticket at least 3 days before the match.

All that should happen is that you get your tickets from the club.

I disagree, I think the secondary market for tickets the way it works on here is as efficient and ties in to the real world pretty well. What I mean by that is that I realistically don't see anyone who is high up on the away games ladder not keeping their status (and they would be a bit silly not to), but if they can't go then by all means pass it on to those who can. Nobody can force them to not buy tickets and give up a potential away credit as that is kind of like shooting yourself on the foot - they are the only ones who will lose out. As long as they a willing to re-sell early and efficiently enough at face value I think it works brilliantly for everyone. Like I said, I've been using the exchange for years now for away games and its been easy every time, I don't care who I buy from as long as they are not selling for profit and they are trustworthy enough.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:18 am »
I went to Newcastle but didn't really enjoy it as it wasn't on my card. As our 6th goal went in, everyone was going mental, I just gave a half hearted cheer. After it'd calmed down my mate asked me what was up, I explained that it really felt like a hollow victory given that I didn't get the credit on my card. I think he was faintly embarrassed, because he'd managed to get one in the general sale and was having the time of his life. We're not even mates anymore really.

Offline Mrs P

• Kemlynite
  • Do or do not.... There is no try
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:09 pm »
Quote from: a former tribune of the plebs link=topic=301936.msg11645921# :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmaomsg11645921 date=1368522438
I went to Newcastle but didn't really enjoy it as it wasn't on my card. As our 6th goal went in, everyone was going mental, I just gave a half hearted cheer. After it'd calmed down my mate asked me what was up, I explained that it really felt like a hollow victory given that I didn't get the credit on my card. I think he was faintly embarrassed, because he'd managed to get one in the general sale and was having the time of his life. We're not even mates anymore really.

:lmao :lmao exactly what matters is you go to the game - that is all.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #215 on: May 15, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »
:lmao :lmao exactly what matters is you go to the game - that is all.

Agreed, i don't have any membership, ST ecc, but get spares from my mates if they have any, & i don't feel guilty going, as i go to support the Redmen. :scarf No one should feel guilty how they get a ticket.
#Sausages

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #216 on: May 15, 2013, 06:40:34 pm »
I reckon they should make a few of the least appealing games available to those who've got a certain number of home league games. Say 13 home credits for 25% of the allocation of 3-5 games. That way its not a completely closed shop and there is a way to get on the ladder but its still people who go to games that are getting on the ladder.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34:43 pm »
I reckon they should make a few of the least appealing games available to those who've got a certain number of home league games. Say 13 home credits for 25% of the allocation of 3-5 games. That way its not a completely closed shop and there is a way to get on the ladder but its still people who go to games that are getting on the ladder.

I can see your point but 25% is way too much.
But if that would be the case I can see people getting max 1 of the 5 matches and I don't think that's enough to stay on the ladder anyway. If not Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton gets promoted.

But it would be a good opportunity for more people to get a chance to attend away matches, but seeing as someone with X aways would miss out on a ticket I'm not sure...

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2013, 11:10:50 pm »
I can see your point but 25% is way too much.
But if that would be the case I can see people getting max 1 of the 5 matches and I don't think that's enough to stay on the ladder anyway. If not Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton gets promoted.

But it would be a good opportunity for more people to get a chance to attend away matches, but seeing as someone with X aways would miss out on a ticket I'm not sure...

Yeah the numbers might be wrong but the point was this would be a way of allowing people to get on the ladder but having to have built up loyalty with the club before they can, those who have attended 13 or more homes have proved they go to games and so deserve a chance to be on the away ladder. And this would be a way for the club to at least be able to say its not a closed shop without just putting a percentage of a certain number of games on a free for all where anyone can get them.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2013, 06:56:00 am »
Yeah the numbers might be wrong but the point was this would be a way of allowing people to get on the ladder but having to have built up loyalty with the club before they can, those who have attended 13 or more homes have proved they go to games and so deserve a chance to be on the away ladder. And this would be a way for the club to at least be able to say its not a closed shop without just putting a percentage of a certain number of games on a free for all where anyone can get them.

Yeah I can agree with the fact the getting in the ladder now is almost impossible.
But I'm it sure if that's the best way to get people on the ladder.

If the club would sell X% of tickets for the 5 the least appealing matches you would need to have 6 or more aways to ever be guaranteed an away ticket during the season.
And therefore someone with 1-5 would be in the same boat as someone with 13 home matches for the 5 matches and say 3 matches drop to 5 or lower that only guarantees someone with 5 matches 3 for the next season.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2013, 10:51:45 am »
When the club allowed members to get away tickets they increased the number of people with credits. This has meant that the minimum credits was 1. This may be 2-3 next season. Basically without wigan, Bolton and blackburn we look to have a worse closed shop than ever.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2013, 12:01:07 pm »
When the club allowed members to get away tickets they increased the number of people with credits. This has meant that the minimum credits was 1. This may be 2-3 next season. Basically without wigan, Bolton and blackburn we look to have a worse closed shop than ever.

Yeah I agree its a closed shop now but everyone on the ladder today started on 0 sometime as well.

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »
managed to get to 11 this year.... hopefully this will be up to 15-16 this time next year
@bono1712

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2013, 12:10:18 pm »
It is completely a closed shop but in the meantime I more than happy to get spares through mates or the RAWK exchange.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2013, 01:03:05 pm »
managed to get to 11 this year.... hopefully this will be up to 15-16 this time next year
I was on 12 mate this season but managed to get the full lot now 19 so you can probably do the same

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »
The club won't let a 'closed shop' persist. It will be detrimental to their membership sales.

I envisage a whole new approach, so it would be good to understand how other clubs manage their allocations where demand outstrips supply. I believe Arsenal have a points system where a carling cup home game carries more credit than a prem home for example, as does a Euro away.

I personally would be happy for 4 home credits to equal 1 away or something similar.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »
But then you have all STH on 4-5 from the start, whereas a lot currently have zero.

Man Utd have a ballot for every games I think - def wouldn't want that. Everton have points don't they? Not sure about others. For most clubs, supply probably doesn't outstrip demand! Newc maybe - what do they do? They offer away STs, from what I remember on here, but other than that??
We are a team of one half.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2013, 03:19:39 pm »
All season ticket holders would have 4 yes.

Not sure i see a problem with that, its not like they're disloyal. I'm just struggling with a better option that opens the 'closed shop' but retains some reward for previous attendance to aways. The status quo is no answer.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2013, 04:31:17 pm »
Hasn't the club said that they don't wanna use a cross compertion loyalty system?
I don't like a system like that, someone could get a ticket for a cup final even if they haven't been to a single match in the compertion and someone who been to all matches can miss out as someone else got more points from leauge away matches.

Online elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:43 pm »
The current system is the fairest way and let's be honest the ticket office aren't going to change it to something more complicated as they barely cope now. 5 yrs ago I could of been on here whinging that I had no aways and it was a closed shop but I got tickets off mates and waited for a chance cue hodgson and took whatever game I could constantly checking the website for ticket updates and have now got to 14. You just have to suck it up and wait same as if your on the season ticket list.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2013, 09:13:32 pm »
the current system is fair until the point that there is no way in.

The club are obviously concerned enough to make that short sighted statement about 'how you could have got on the ladder if' ....etc etc. Anyone who has carefully watched the selling process over the last 12 months will know that next year its likely that not a single game will go to general sale for the second year running.

My view is that something will be done about it because the club seems to be targetting membership growth.

I'd like to ask if people are aware if any other clubs operate a system that would be an improvement on ours.

My personal situation is that I too went to many aways in the 80's & 90's when you just needed to turn up early. I now take the kids to football which is really difficult through the exchange.  (Although I've managed 3 away games that way this season)  :)         Given my budget annually, I probably will only ever get away tickets through the exchange which I'm quite happy about. What I'm not happy about is the fact that there are so many tourists at the aways I've been to with half and half scarves etc. Just wrong! ..... but I must admit they could have got their tickets the same way as I did but it seems unlikely.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »

:lmao

Offline MarkR92

• Kemlynite
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:38 pm »
Like others have said, I think it's fair the way it is.

I've got 0 credits on my card this season but have still managed 5 aways through the exchange and mate's.
Will probably be able to do up to about 15 next season through this.

Just have to keep an eye out and take the chances if they ever come up.

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2013, 03:00:53 pm »
No away credits but I have all homes. I went to 7 aways this season by exchanging some home games to mates off this forum and by using the ticket exchange.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
brother in law joined as LFC membership last season and got 4 away tickets and this season think he is on approx 7/8. Not bad for a closed shop!

just got to be on the ball for that additional sale that comes up the week of the game.
Rafa Benitez

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »
brother in law joined as LFC membership last season and got 4 away tickets and this season think he is on approx 7/8. Not bad for a closed shop!

just got to be on the ball for that additional sale that comes up the week of the game.

Yea but it wasn't a closed shop then. It is now

No matter how on the ball you are now you won't get any. (This season for example, and more than likely, next too.)
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »
Did the best I could this year, went from 2 to 3 although that will get me nowhere next season I wouldn't have thought.

Would be more comfortable not having to reply on others for tickets (i.e. having the credit) but there are more than enough good lads on the exchange who have sorted me tickets for aways this year, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter how you get your ticket so long as you can go to the match. 

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »
If they mess up again like they did with West Ham if you're on the ball you might get one which could then get you more. Def worth paying attention in case
We are a team of one half.

Offline MarkR92

• Kemlynite
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2013, 05:05:38 pm »
If they mess up again like they did with West Ham if you're on the ball you might get one which could then get you more. Def worth paying attention in case

What happened with the West Ham game?

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2013, 05:22:39 pm »
On the first day of sale the TO forgot to add the 13 game requirement meaning that some got tickets with 0 credits
Yes, we are good enough.