Author Topic: Celtic v Liverpool 10/08/2013 KO 17:00  (Read 11990 times)

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Celtic v Liverpool 10/08/2013 KO 17:00
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2013, 11:56:42 am »
Yes mate, cheapest I've seen is 110 so far though will have a proper look later.

I fly over from Dublin for our matches really often (about 10 times a year)

I'd recommend looking into flights from Manchester. Way cheaper usually and there's a bus from Liverpool Airport to Manchester Airport for about £8.

Cheapest option is with Eurolines bus & Ferry (about 50£ return) - obviously takes way longer but great crack if you're going with a couple of mates or something.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »

I'd recommend looking into flights from Manchester. Way cheaper usually and there's a bus from Liverpool Airport to Manchester Airport for about £8.

Cheapest option is with Eurolines bus & Ferry (about 50£ return) - obviously takes way longer but great crack if you're going with a couple of mates or something.

I didnt even think of that! Cheers Sean, will defo look in to that.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2013, 02:14:51 pm »

have been coming few year now, but this time its gonna be the first time when we are gonna come through Manchester. The way I looked at it, the chepeast way is with train, takes only a hour and our hotel is situated near the Lime railway station. But any link to a ferry, maybe on a beautiful day would like to enjoy that. Anyway Im gonna come on September against Saints and in December against WHU and Norwich. In December its no way to go with ferry probably, but in September maybe.. Any link to it mate ?

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 2, 2013, 11:38:38 am »
I didnt even think of that! Cheers Sean, will defo look in to that.

No worries mate. I've often saved £100 on a return flight by going via Manchester.

Liverpool to Belfast and the bus down to Dublin is another option worth considering, depending on how careful you have to be with money. Bus from Belfast airport to Dublin City Centre was €13 last time I took it. Takes 2 hours.

have been coming few year now, but this time its gonna be the first time when we are gonna come through Manchester. The way I looked at it, the chepeast way is with train, takes only a hour and our hotel is situated near the Lime railway station. But any link to a ferry, maybe on a beautiful day would like to enjoy that. Anyway Im gonna come on September against Saints and in December against WHU and Norwich. In December its no way to go with ferry probably, but in September maybe.. Any link to it mate ?

http://www.eurolines.com/en/ for the bus and ferry (arrives at and departs from Queens Squre Bus Station in Liverpol - two minutes around the corner from Lime Street)

Not sure exactly what info to give you because not sure where you're going from. Estonia or Ireland or what mate?

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2013, 09:46:34 pm »

http://www.eurolines.com/en/ for the bus and ferry (arrives at and departs from Queens Squre Bus Station in Liverpol - two minutes around the corner from Lime Street)

Not sure exactly what info to give you because not sure where you're going from. Estonia or Ireland or what mate?

Im coming from Estonia, got plane tickets 59 € with return, pretty good deal, but how long does ferry take ?

Online stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »
Im coming from Estonia, got plane tickets 59 € with return, pretty good deal, but how long does ferry take ?

About three weeks from Tallin

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2013, 10:34:38 pm »
About three weeks from Tallin

Would get there with a week mate :D

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 3, 2013, 11:42:30 am »
Translink have been utter bastards about this.  I travel on the enterprise to Dublin a lot.  Normally on a Sat it's £15 when you book online in advance and tix are posted out for free.  They have lined up a 'special offer' train for the match.... £30 for a day return plus £2 P&P which makes the fare exactly the same as the normal walk on fare.  A friend who works there told me they deliberately didn't have any web-fares on offer for the day so people will have to pay full price for tickets.

I have another mate who works for trading standards... gonna talk to her about this. 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 3, 2013, 05:22:49 pm »
Translink have been utter bastards about this.  I travel on the enterprise to Dublin a lot.  Normally on a Sat it's £15 when you book online in advance and tix are posted out for free.  They have lined up a 'special offer' train for the match.... £30 for a day return plus £2 P&P which makes the fare exactly the same as the normal walk on fare.  A friend who works there told me they deliberately didn't have any web-fares on offer for the day so people will have to pay full price for tickets.

I have another mate who works for trading standards... gonna talk to her about this.

Train is normally £30 day return belfast to Dublin. They do an online fare which can be as little as £10. Unlikely they'll have that on for this game though

Exactly as I expected. But it is a promotion though. Surely they can decide not to put it on for an event like this if the wish? I agree they are c*nts though
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 4, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
Should physical tickets have been sent out to me by now or we scan the fan card when going on Saturday?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 5, 2013, 12:21:53 am »
Should physical tickets have been sent out to me by now or we scan the fan card when going on Saturday?

This can't be serious

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 5, 2013, 12:25:40 am »
This can't be serious

Why not ? I always scan my fan card when I go to a match in another country ;). It never fucking works though >:(.

Swoopy, I think I read that post as you did. I am absolutely amazed that anyone would think that they use their fancard to gain entry into a stadium in another country!
« Last Edit: August 5, 2013, 12:48:29 am by kriss »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 5, 2013, 01:27:30 am »

When did you order them? If it was before the Ticketmaster sale last week, then yes, you should have got them by now
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 5, 2013, 10:15:16 am »
I know it was a pretty stupid question but I have had cards scanned before at GAA matches and thought something like that might in place because it's all done with scanners these days.

Either way,

General Information
Any paper tickets will be posted to the registered address below up to 3 days prior to the game. Any tickets purchased within 3 days of the game will be held at the Ticket Office and should be collected at least 90 minutes prior to kick off. You should bring the payment card used and a printed copy of this email as proof of purchase.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 5, 2013, 11:30:58 am »
I know it was a pretty stupid question but I have had cards scanned before at GAA matches and thought something like that might in place because it's all done with scanners these days.

Either way,

General Information
Any paper tickets will be posted to the registered address below up to 3 days prior to the game. Any tickets purchased within 3 days of the game will be held at the Ticket Office and should be collected at least 90 minutes prior to kick off. You should bring the payment card used and a printed copy of this email as proof of purchase.

It wasn't a stupid question but it was a strange question. Anyway, there is still time for your ticket/s to arrive and I hope they do. You also know what you have to do if the ticket/s don't arrive in time. Enjoy the match :).

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #55 on: August 5, 2013, 11:54:57 am »
you can also go to one of the kiosks and have them verify your credit card & details.
They will know that the ticket has not yet been checked in

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #56 on: August 5, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »

To be fair to you lad, scanning of fancards has taken place before at some Euro aways in recent years - but this was in addition to having a paper ticket as a security measure and only seemed to be done by our stewards outside stadiums.....I seem to remember Benfica away in 2010 was one such occasion, but, even then, not everyone was scanned and still got in !

Your best bet would be as suggested above and contact the Aviva for advice.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 5, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »
Hi just reading about the bus strike,will it still be on by friday& is it affecting passengers arriving by ferry?thanks..

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #58 on: August 5, 2013, 05:22:56 pm »

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: August 6, 2013, 08:52:57 am »
Bit of travel information/advice from the club...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/141834-celtic-v-liverpool-travel-information

Welll acording to that it says flags and banners are not permitted into the ground!!? what a joke!!

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
« Reply #60 on: August 6, 2013, 08:57:58 am »
Hi just reading about the bus strike,will it still be on by friday& is it affecting passengers arriving by ferry?thanks..

If it's the ferry Hhead to DunLaoghaire you're laughing. There is a train The DART that has a station in DunLaoghaire and there is a station at the stadium called Landsdowne Road. This also goes on to the City Centre if youre staying there .

If your ferry goes to north wall im not sure...

No end date on the bus strike. Industrial dispute.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2013, 09:03:28 am by bunjibloomer »
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #61 on: August 6, 2013, 09:00:17 am »
So whos heading over then and whats everyone plans before and after for a good pub? Im getting there at 9am Saturday and leaving 6am Sunday.Not booked anywere to stay,just plan to have a few beers after then get back to the airport

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #62 on: August 6, 2013, 09:38:09 am »
Having to go into 'daytripper' mode ;)   me and my 8 year old son are flying in from Liverpool in the morning, bit of a stroll round the city centre etc....watching the game and then fly straight back out again......

Our 3rd friendly of the pre-season.............really looking forward to it.......

......now where can I buy a half and half jester hat?        ;D
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 6, 2013, 10:47:52 am »
No think we're on Irish ferries which go into Dublin port,loads going out on the Friday afternoon from Holyhead,both ships leaving around 2 are booked solid I've heard,also not many hotels left think booking.com had only 3 in city centre at over £400 for 2 nights..staying till Sunday & few of us going to La Lafayette  after the game..

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 6, 2013, 11:03:04 am »
No think we're on Irish ferries which go into Dublin port,loads going out on the Friday afternoon from Holyhead,both ships leaving around 2 are booked solid I've heard,also not many hotels left think booking.com had only 3 in city centre at over £400 for 2 nights..staying till Sunday & few of us going to La Lafayette  after the game..
yes for the anfield wrap party,that's were im going after to

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 6, 2013, 11:16:26 am »
Taking the bus strikes into account...

For those arriving by Ferry to Dun Laoghaire Port:
There is a DART station (intercity train) right by Dun Laoghaire Port - ask anyone nearby or working and they will send you in the right direction. The stop you're looking for to get to the stadium is called Lansdowne Road and is 7 stops after you get on (should take no more than 20 minutes once you are on the DART and there is one every approx. 15 minutes).

Here is a map of the DART so you can familiarise yourself if you need to.

For those arriving by Ferry to Dublin Port:
You could walk about 25 minutes to Tara Street DART station (use google maps for this but it's a very straight forward walk literally just stick to the quays and it's on your left eventually). If you do this it's only 3 stops until you're at Lansdowne Road DART station (see map above).

Otherwise, I would recommend getting a taxi. Would cost €15 and would have you there in 5 - 10 minutes.

For those arriving at Dublin Airport:

Especially if the bus strikes are ongoing, the best way into the city and beyond is Aircoach (a privately operated bus service from the airport to various destinations). An adult return is between €10 - €14 depending on where you get off and the return journey has no expiry date (i.e doesn't need to be used the same day).

They normally operate a service directly to Ballsbridge, right next to the stadium, but this is suspended at the moment so... Either get it into the city centre and get a dart from Tara Street, or get the aircoach to Morehampton Road in Donybrook and walk 10 mins max to the stadium (again go with google maps for this). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on that.

By the way - DART costs between €2.50 and €4 for a single depending on what stop you are going from.  :wave

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 6, 2013, 11:23:53 am »
Taking the bus strikes into account...

For those arriving by Ferry to Dun Laoghaire Port:
There is a DART station (intercity train) right by Dun Laoghaire Port - ask anyone nearby or working and they will send you in the right direction. The stop you're looking for to get to the stadium is called Lansdowne Road and is 7 stops after you get on (should take no more than 20 minutes once you are on the DART and there is one every approx. 15 minutes).

Here is a map of the DART so you can familiarise yourself if you need to.

You could walk about 25 minutes to Tara Street DART station (use google maps for this but it's a very straight forward walk literally just stick to the quays and it's on your left eventually). If you do this it's only 3 stops until you're at Lansdowne Road DART station (see map above).

Otherwise, I would recommend getting a taxi. Would cost €15 and would have you there in 5 - 10 minutes.

For those arriving at Dublin Airport:

Especially if the bus strikes are ongoing, the best way into the city and beyond is Aircoach (a privately operated bus service from the airport to various destinations). An adult return is between €10 - €14 depending on where you get off and the return journey has no expiry date (i.e doesn't need to be used the same day).

They normally operate a service directly to Ballsbridge, right next to the stadium, but this is suspended at the moment so... Either get it into the city centre and get a dart from Tara Street, or get the aircoach to Morehampton Road in Donybrook and walk 10 mins max to the stadium (again go with google maps for this). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on that.

By the way - DART costs between €2.50 and €4 for a single depending on what stop you are going from.  :wave
my flights not till 6am Sunday morning so im going to stay in the bars until the early hours and aim to get back to the airport about 3 to 4. Does the air coach run 24hours and does it go from various places in the centre

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 6, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »
my flights not till 6am Sunday morning so im going to stay in the bars until the early hours and aim to get back to the airport about 3 to 4. Does the air coach run 24hours and does it go from various places in the centre

Yeah mate it's 24 hours both to and from the airport and yes it goes from loads and loads of different places in the city centre.

From the airport:
From 23:55hrs to 03:25hrs Every 30 mins 23:55, 00:25, 00:55 etc
From 03:25hrs to 23:55hrs Every 15 mins 03:25, 03:40, 03:55, 04:10 etc

Going back to the airport (times are the same as above), the most central stops would be:
- bottom of Grafton Street (outside Pizza Hut)
- O'Connell Street
- Kildare Street

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 6, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »
Thanks mate appreciate that

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #69 on: August 6, 2013, 12:20:00 pm »

Or walk over the East Link bridge and directly to the ground - about 20 mins of a walk - about the same as the walk to Tara St ;)

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: August 6, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »
Or walk over the East Link bridge and directly to the ground - about 20 mins of a walk - about the same as the walk to Tara St ;)

How far is it to walk into the city centre to the bars from Dublin Port or what train station to use Tara St?

Offline justsean

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 6, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »

Yeah I was going to suggest that, but personally if it was my first time in a city wouldn't want to have to do that walk. Not as straight forward as walking straight to the dart station.

How far is it to walk into the city centre to the bars from Dublin Port or what train station to use Tara St?

Bout a 40 minute walk to temple bar/o'connell street. Loads of bars all around. There's a few along the quays as well on the walk up towards that area.

Offline RedMarko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #72 on: August 6, 2013, 01:09:28 pm »

It'd be about 20 mins from the port to city centre (up the quays)

There really isn't much too walking around Dublin - it's small and once you figure which side of the river you're on, you'll find yer way :P

Yeah I was going to suggest that, but personally if it was my first time in a city wouldn't want to have to do that walk. Not as straight forward as walking straight to the dart station.

All depends on arrival time. If you want to head straight for the stadium environs, walk over the bridge and ask/follow signs. If you have time, deffo go into town for drinks etc. first!

Nowadays with google Maps and all it brings, a bit of pre-planning will get you there no hassle.

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: August 6, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »
It'd be about 20 mins from the port to city centre (up the quays)

There really isn't much too walking around Dublin - it's small and once you figure which side of the river you're on, you'll find yer way :P

All depends on arrival time. If you want to head straight for the stadium environs, walk over the bridge and ask/follow signs. If you have time, deffo go into town for drinks etc. first!

Nowadays with google Maps and all it brings, a bit of pre-planning will get you there no hassle.

Hahaha are ferry gets into Dublin at 6am! So we got all day

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline RedMarko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #75 on: August 6, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: August 6, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »
Liverpool have released the following ticket update for their pre-season match against Celtic in Dublin, at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, August 10 with kick-off at 5pm BST.

We have received a small number of returned tickets for Saturday's match against Celtic which will be available for general sale from 11am on Wednesday, August 7.

Supporters can purchase up to a maximum of four tickets. Tickets will also be available to season ticket holders and official members (2013-14 and 2012-13) who have not yet previously purchased tickets.

Due to the short timescale, tickets will be available at the ticket office, Anfield ONLY.

Tickets are subject to availability for as long as supplies last.

Tickets are non-transferrable and must not be passed on to anyone else. Therefore, the name and address of each supporter using each ticket must be supplied when making your application.

Please ensure you have these details to hand before making your booking.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #77 on: August 7, 2013, 11:17:49 pm »
Lads can we agree not to boo Luis Suarez this weekend? He got a great reception everywhere else in the world so lets cheer him and keep up our reputation as happy Irish lads! We all know we need to keep him to do well this season so cheering will aid that, booing will just ensure him he is right to leave!

Stay Luis Suarez!!
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #78 on: August 7, 2013, 11:51:52 pm »
Lads can we agree not to boo Luis Suarez this weekend? He got a great reception everywhere else in the world so lets cheer him and keep up our reputation as happy Irish lads! We all know we need to keep him to do well this season so cheering will aid that, booing will just ensure him he is right to leave!

Stay Luis Suarez!!

Anyone who boo's in any situation is a fucking tit in my book anyway
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #79 on: August 8, 2013, 08:24:56 am »

Stay Luis Suarez!!
doubt he'll be playing any part on Saturday