Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 757915 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4000 on: January 22, 2021, 02:33:00 pm »
He hasn't played in midfield, he'll go a run of games where he doesn't play then suddenly stuck out on the wing, I think some of you may have unrealistic expectations of players. You want them to come back from injuries not play for a number of games, get played out of position in a team deflated of confidence and still be world beaters?

The problem is, his cycle goes that he may get himself in the team then get injured again.

I wasn't convinced he was the best signing at the time and I am not sure there has been much to convince us since. I think he definitely is a player we should be looking to move on in the summer.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #4001 on: January 22, 2021, 03:00:34 pm »
Sad to say, but these days, if I fantasise about watching AOC dominate hapless opponents, hit the shower with a bottle of Nivea, then go down the pub with me afterwards, it's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez every time.

Given the competition in midfield, it's hard to escape the feeling that this summer is the right time to cash in, as we'd hopefully still get decent money from a mid-table/lower-table club like Southampton or Arsenal.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:03:20 pm by coct3au »

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4002 on: January 22, 2021, 03:36:06 pm »
I really would love to see him in midfield in one of these games
He wasn't good when he played midfield for a team posting 99 points last season. Most of his 'good' performances were just the same as his bad ones only masked by him blamming in a shot from 30 yards.

He made 43 appearances last season, are you really saying he didn't play midfield in any of those?

You have a casual indifference about his ability to blamm in a shot from 30 yrds.

Last season we didn't really need it, with the defence keeping clean sheets and the fb's delivering assist after assist for our front 3.

With none of the above operating, his long range shooting from midfield(with both feet) and third man runs  would be a good plan b

Gigi is a legend , was decent last night and is emphatically better in the 1st 2 thirds of the pitch than AOC, but in games against the low block(esp when our fb's are not being a threat), seeing gini look clueless in possession on the edge of the box is very frustrating, would love AOC getting into those positions
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:05:06 pm by markmywords »

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #4003 on: January 22, 2021, 03:46:14 pm »
Seems like a popular guy at the club, and he was absolutely brilliant in that spell before he got his serious knee injury against Roma a couple of years ago - but it's quite clear that the Ox isn't the same player as he was 3 years ago, which is a damn shame.

I think he'd be one the club might look to move on in the summer. I'm getting Adam Lallana vibes with the Ox.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4004 on: January 22, 2021, 04:09:53 pm »
He looked upset when he came off. I read it as a reflection of him knowing that he was very poor rather being upset because he was coming off. It’s sad to see how little he contributes.

It was often the same through last season when he started. He'd be the first off and knew he hadn't done enough, particularly after lockdown. Then he got the goal v Chelsea last home game and you hoped he'd have some momentum and fitness to take into this season and a new start for him. Then he was out injured with his knee for another 4 months.

It's just not happening for him and we can't carry him (and the other batch of players who are never fully fit).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: January 22, 2021, 04:14:59 pm »
Seems like a popular guy at the club, and he was absolutely brilliant in that spell before he got his serious knee injury against Roma a couple of years ago - but it's quite clear that the Ox isn't the same player as he was 3 years ago, which is a damn shame.

I think he'd be one the club might look to move on in the summer. I'm getting Adam Lallana vibes with the Ox.

Similar to Lallana in the sense that it takes him ages to get up to speed, added to injuries means he's rarely at full force. But with Lallana it was all niggling muscle injuries, Ox has had many serious knee injuries as well as the niggles.

Danny Ings is another comparison. He'd done his cruciate 3 times and is now sought after again at Southampton. That's the kind of club for him and deal for us we could be looking at.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: January 22, 2021, 04:55:40 pm »
Similar to Lallana in the sense that it takes him ages to get up to speed, added to injuries means he's rarely at full force. But with Lallana it was all niggling muscle injuries, Ox has had many serious knee injuries as well as the niggles.

Danny Ings is another comparison. He'd done his cruciate 3 times and is now sought after again at Southampton. That's the kind of club for him and deal for us we could be looking at.

Yeah I wouldn't rule out an Ings-esque renaissance for the Ox with regular game time somewhere, but it's probably not happening here.

You have to think one of him and Keita will move on this summer - it's a tough one because Keita is clearly the better player but he's also far more injury prone. Either way, I think it's time the club will want to start getting a bit more value for money out of the playing staff moving forward. We have one of the highest wage bills in the league but rely heavily on the same 15 or so players, whilst players like Keita, Ox, Origi, Shaqiri, Milner, Minamino and Matip seldom play either due to injury or a lack of trust from the manager. That's probably over €500k a week for players who come in for 1 game every 4 or 5. If anything, I think we're seeing the pitfalls of that now with our regular players looking like they have absolutely nothing left in the tank - I'm not sure that's the case if we have squad players who can pick up the slack more frequently.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: January 22, 2021, 05:07:40 pm »
Yeah I wouldn't rule out an Ings-esque renaissance for the Ox with regular game time somewhere, but it's probably not happening here.

You have to think one of him and Keita will move on this summer - it's a tough one because Keita is clearly the better player but he's also far more injury prone. Either way, I think it's time the club will want to start getting a bit more value for money out of the playing staff moving forward. We have one of the highest wage bills in the league but rely heavily on the same 15 or so players, whilst players like Keita, Ox, Origi, Shaqiri, Milner, Minamino and Matip seldom play either due to injury or a lack of trust from the manager. That's probably over €500k a week for players who come in for 1 game every 4 or 5. If anything, I think we're seeing the pitfalls of that now with our regular players looking like they have absolutely nothing left in the tank - I'm not sure that's the case if we have squad players who can pick up the slack more frequently.

It's frustrating because of the squad Klopp inherited was full of filler on very high wages which made it difficult for us to get bang for our buck. Sturridge on massive money but injuries had similar done him in; Clyne on huge money as a free transfer and was injured for 12+ months; Moreno just didn't cut it; Lovren on huge wages for a 4th choice CB and very up and down; Mignolet on too much money for a back up keeper; Lallana on a lot of money but mostly injured bar one good year.

These players were all signed under Rodgers to be first choice and ended up as back up as Klopp built a world class team. One by one these players have all moved on, yet we've ended up with another batch of players who are injured all the time or not contributed, so we have the same issue of relying on the same 15 players, that we've had probably since the height of the Rafa era.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: January 22, 2021, 05:33:46 pm »
It's frustrating because of the squad Klopp inherited was full of filler on very high wages which made it difficult for us to get bang for our buck. Sturridge on massive money but injuries had similar done him in; Clyne on huge money as a free transfer and was injured for 12+ months; Moreno just didn't cut it; Lovren on huge wages for a 4th choice CB and very up and down; Mignolet on too much money for a back up keeper; Lallana on a lot of money but mostly injured bar one good year.

These players were all signed under Rodgers to be first choice and ended up as back up as Klopp built a world class team. One by one these players have all moved on, yet we've ended up with another batch of players who are injured all the time or not contributed, so we have the same issue of relying on the same 15 players, that we've had probably since the height of the Rafa era.

Thats unfair because many of those players Klopp has had have contributed. Can you really say that the likes of Milner, Matip and even to an extent Oxlade-Chamberlain havent.

Like all squads, situations change. You never have a perfect squad all the time.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #4009 on: January 22, 2021, 06:00:58 pm »
Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Shaq and Ox have all missed chunks of this season (Thiago too, but that was because of an assault). Some on that list, I would argue, have had to play without a rest, and their injuries were the result - because others on that list are often injured. Only Gini has played throughout and he looks jaded.

I agree that Ox might be on a list of players the club might seek to move on. He’s not the same player since his comeback from that (self inflicted) injury with Kolarov. More’s the pity for him and us.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: January 22, 2021, 06:28:12 pm »
Thats unfair because many of those players Klopp has had have contributed. Can you really say that the likes of Milner, Matip and even to an extent Oxlade-Chamberlain havent.

Like all squads, situations change. You never have a perfect squad all the time.

Milner is one of the core players in the squad.

Matip and Ox may have been part of that core in previous seasons, as Lallana had been, but at this point they've had too many injuries and missed too many games/fitness levels not right. It's an accumulative effect.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: January 22, 2021, 06:28:57 pm »
Milner is one of the core players in the squad.

Matip and Ox may have been part of that core in previous seasons, as Lallana had been, but at this point they've had too many injuries and missed too many games/fitness levels not right. It's an accumulative effect.

Yes, and thats happened now. But its not that easy to plan for all that.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: January 22, 2021, 06:30:31 pm »
Yes, and thats happened now. But its not that easy to plan for all that.

I know, I said it's frustrating that we're still in this position.  We've thrown the cups in recent seasons, as a result, but the hope this season was we've finally got better depth, but instead it's all unraveled.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: January 22, 2021, 06:52:37 pm »
He’s genuinely never had a good game on the right. Think about every good moment he’s had for us, and what part of the field it came from. The middle, all the time. Yes, he was poor, but he rarely seems to play in his best position. If Klopp has a blind spot, this is it.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: January 31, 2021, 08:24:34 pm »
Nice little cameo from him today.

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #4015 on: January 31, 2021, 08:27:36 pm »
Yes he was excellent, gearing up for his 25 yarder goal against Man City

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4016 on: January 31, 2021, 08:30:51 pm »
His back heel was delightful.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: January 31, 2021, 08:43:34 pm »
Looked to have that extra burst of pace today that he had back in 2017. Could be a useful option off the bench or for rotation during the season.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: January 31, 2021, 08:46:26 pm »
Part of the problem is he needs space to run into in the middle of the pitch. He can drive very effectively with the ball towards and into the box but we're no longer the 17/18 team in the way we play and the way teams set up against us. Then there are obviously questions about what the injuries have done to him physically.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: February 1, 2021, 08:16:03 am »
I reckon he still has a lot to offer if he stays fit. He's the biggest goal threat of any of our midfielders and he's got the best strike from distance on him which is something we lack. I think everyone's forgotten how good he can be on his day because he's barely been available - scored some crucial goals for us and he seems to love playing in big games. I really hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4020 on: February 17, 2021, 11:23:59 am »
I reckon he still has a lot to offer if he stays fit. He's the biggest goal threat of any of our midfielders and he's got the best strike from distance on him which is something we lack. I think everyone's forgotten how good he can be on his day because he's barely been available - scored some crucial goals for us and he seems to love playing in big games. I really hope he stays fit for the rest of the season.

Can't remember the last game he truly had an impact for us, been fit for a while now and hasn't done anything in any of his appearances, think he'll be moved on in the summer. Shame as during his purple patch just before the Roma injury he was a breath of fresh air in the midfield. Nearly 3 year ago mind.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: February 17, 2021, 11:33:48 am »
Can't remember the last game he truly had an impact for us, been fit for a while now and hasn't done anything in any of his appearances, think he'll be moved on in the summer. Shame as during his purple patch just before the Roma injury he was a breath of fresh air in the midfield. Nearly 3 year ago mind.

Don't talk rubbish.

He isn't going anywhere. Don't think you understand how tough it is for a player to come on for 20 mins and perform like superman? Him and Shaq came on yesterday and did what they were suppose to do.

Klopp loves OX and yes he has a battle to get back into the first team but he can play in midfield and up front which when you have plenty of games is good for a back up to be able to play in different positions.

He's been unlucky with injury and is getting himself match fit with the odd appearances and that's tough. Think you should maybe back off him.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #4022 on: February 17, 2021, 11:43:59 am »
Don't talk rubbish.

He isn't going anywhere. Don't think you understand how tough it is for a player to come on for 20 mins and perform like superman? Him and Shaq came on yesterday and did what they were suppose to do.

Klopp loves OX and yes he has a battle to get back into the first team but he can play in midfield and up front which when you have plenty of games is good for a back up to be able to play in different positions.

He's been unlucky with injury and is getting himself match fit with the odd appearances and that's tough. Think you should maybe back off him.
If he stays or goes who knows but his remit last night certainly wasn’t to come on and give the ball away which he kept doing.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: February 17, 2021, 11:44:59 am »
Don't talk rubbish.

If, which is very likely, we need funds from the sales of players to get new faces in, he is certainly dispensable.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4024 on: February 17, 2021, 12:00:54 pm »
Don't talk rubbish.

He was awful when he came on last night, but this isn't about last night its about the impact he's made since his purple patch in 2018. His injury record is awful and we have high competition for places in midfield, He's been fit since the start of December and has clearly dropped to the bottom of the pecking order hence bit part appearances since then.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #4025 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:12 pm »
I don't know what his future is. 

But he doesn't appear to be either ready to start matches or trusted to do so.

Gini, Thiago, Milner and Jones have played a lot of football and he's still not really coming in to freshen it up, when at times we've really needed energy in midfield.  Then we have Henderson, Keita and Fabinho to come back into the midfield options.

Not sure if he's not over his last injury yet or what.  But you don wonder where he fits in at the moment.  Jones has certainly leap frogged him in the pecking order.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4026 on: February 17, 2021, 12:05:24 pm »
I wouldnt say he was poor last night, he just looked a bit confused if anything. Not sure if it was a lack of confidence in his body, or if he was told to play a different way to what he's used to. Like he wasnt sure whether to hold or burst forward. Its sad as it seems like a massive lack of confidence more than anything else, I'm still sure he can get back to a good level for us. The writing off of him is a bit grim, as with a few of our more injury prone players.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline drirfan

• Main Stander
  • From doubters to believers
« Reply #4027 on: February 17, 2021, 12:12:37 pm »
Too good a player to right off just like that, he was man of the match this time last year against Atletico, which was 2 years after his serious injury. Lets see how he goes till the end of the season, if he has no serious injury setback I bet we will soon see what he offers us and opinions will change

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: February 17, 2021, 12:19:19 pm »
Game seemed to quick for him and he was making wrong decisions.

What was alarming I thought was we cleared a corner and the ball dropped to him outside the area for a break, the previous Ox would have ran at them into the middle of the park with the ball, in this instance he gave the ball away barely 5 metres from where he received the ball.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:42:17 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:32 pm »
Out of all the injured players the last few years he's the one I probably feel the most sorry for. Before his injury against Roma he started to look like a really important player in our midfield and gave us a real forward drive that was lacking. He also seemed to have a really good understanding with Salah and got himself a number of assists during that period.

We then went through a golden period of dominance that he was pretty much watching in from the outside, besides a few good cameos. It's sad to think he'll most likely never get back to that level in our team because he genuinely comes across like a real nice person to have around.

Really hoping he can regain some form and confidence over the next few months because otherwise I think sadly he'll be one to make way way to generate funds.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: February 17, 2021, 12:55:46 pm »
I think we can give him some patience and hopefully, we can see him slowing become the player he was once again. Sure last night was a bit terrible, he lost the ball numerous times and in the wrong position. But even with patience given to him there are players clearly ahead of him, so n ot sure how many chances he'll actually get to start. I don't see him being ahead of Henderson, Thiago, Gini, Jones, Milner or even Keita anytime soon.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: February 17, 2021, 01:18:55 pm »
The only thing that might save him this summer is his nationality. There's a good chance Milner won't be here next season so I'm not sure we can afford to lose another englishman, unless his replacement is another english player.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: February 17, 2021, 01:37:46 pm »
Starting to turn into a midfield version of Origi.

Atm he just cant do the basics nevermind having any sort of impact on a game.
If he doesnt improve he will get very very little mins when Keita is back. And Henderson is back in midfield too.

Jones,Milner & Keita probably all ahead of him. And they wouldnt make our best 11 when everyone is fit

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: February 17, 2021, 02:04:23 pm »
Game seemed to quick for him and he was making wrong decisions.

What was alarming I thought was we cleared a corner and the ball dropped to him outside the area for a break, the previous Ox would have ran at them into the middle of the park with the ball, in this instance he gave the ball away barely 5 metres from where he received the ball.
That was actually a bit unfortunate - there was a defender a bit ahead, and a few times when he's had limited time recently he's overrun and lost the ball in situations like that; looked like he tried to avoid that error, chopped back and lost the ball to the player making a recovery run instead.

Trying hard, maybe a bit too hard at times. There are moments when he shows a nice touch or bit of skill, then you can virtually *see* him thinking what to do next and that delay is costly. The lack of confidence and familiarity causing that can only be overcome with game time, which he's going to struggle to get if he's not improving. Tough situation for him at the moment.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: February 17, 2021, 02:11:44 pm »
Klopp still seems to trust him so I assume he's showing up well in training.  I think the Origi comparison are unfair, for me it's more like Sturridge where there's clearly a talented player that's a good fit for how we play but lack of match sharpness and possibly a degree of uncertainty over his own fitness is limiting his impact.  Origi is just a bit of a square peg for us.

Unfortunately for Ox he probably doesn't have that long to stake a claim.  Our bench was bare bones again last night (he was the only senior midfielder) but at some point we'll hopefully have some combination of Hendo, Fabinho, Keita and Milner also vying with Gini, Thiago and Jones for a midfield spot.

A question for somebody with a better tactical eye than me, does the role he excelled in before his bad knee injury still exist in our midfield?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4035 on: February 17, 2021, 02:30:40 pm »
It's a difficult situation with the Ox. He needs game time to improve and get sharper but at the same time, he is not contributing anything offensively to warrant it. His inclusion is also a bit disruptive to the side, as he doesn't hold shape very well or tracks back as much as our other midfielders. He is also losing possession like a madman every time he's on the pitch. Last year, he had some of these problems, but he was at least contributing offensively, with goals and assists.

He's in a very similar situation to what Lallana was in the last couple of years. Where a mixture of injuries and lack of game time means his contribution to the side is diminishing. Sady, as much as I like the guy and think he's a good player, I can't see him being here next year. I think he should want to get more game time to improve and show what he can do, but at the moment it is very hard to see where he would get it when everyone is fit. Even now, when we have two of our midfielders playing in defense and Naby permanently injured, he barely gets any time on the pitch.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:36:42 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4036 on: February 17, 2021, 02:38:39 pm »
The only thing that might save him this summer is his nationality. There's a good chance Milner won't be here next season so I'm not sure we can afford to lose another englishman, unless his replacement is another english player.
Can't justify his inclusion just based on his nationality. He's one of our higher wage earners too which he doesn't really deserve to be based on current performances. I'd honestly just keep Davies if that's the case and free up space and wages for another player who can contribute.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: February 17, 2021, 02:44:43 pm »
His forte is driving attacking runs into the oposition half, unfortunately he now just runs into the opposition. He is a talented footballer but seems to have lost his way and function in the side. I think Jurgen rates him but unless he gets games and contributes effectively he could be surplus to requirements sooner rather than later.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: February 17, 2021, 03:20:56 pm »
We're carrying too many injury prone players in the squad. When you look at Matip or Keita, for example, their injury records are terrible but when they play their quality is clear and they're first XI quality players.

Not sure what Ox even offers now when he does play.  He used to be good for a goal and driving on from midfield. He's got one goal in 12 months now with the fairly limited game time he's had within that. When you see Ox or Origi come on now to try and get you a goal, you see players who just don't offer anything anymore.

For sure, he's a great lad and someone who you'd love to see come good. The injuries are just too much. His injury record was bad enough before we signed him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: February 17, 2021, 03:37:47 pm »
1 goal in 12 months is a misleading statistic given the fact that there were a number of months we didn't play in said 12 months and the fact that he was out for at least 3/4 months this season.