Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Watched loads of players over the years and craved them being in a Liverpool shirt only for it to turn to shite when they arrived. Christian Ziege being one notable example.

Tim Flowers
Robert Pires
Karim Benzema
Raphaël Varane in 2014
Alexander Isak in summer 2022
Bruno Guimarães in January 2022
Lucas Radebe
News and Current Affairs / Re: The BBC
« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 02:41:46 pm »
This morning is at least on 5 days a week and a few hours a day, Dermott O’Leary also does a lot of other stuff on ITV I think too and is almost seen by some as a national treasure, and while I don’t see the appeal of Willoughby other then I’m a red blooded male but a lot of people seem to be fans of hers, rightly or wrongly they give a shit about her and all of that stuff and would be disappointed if she’s want on the TV would anyone notice if Jason Mohammed wasn’t on our TVs?

Fair point on Mohammed not being missed, he is possibly an exception to the rule. That said I like having Brown Welsh people on telly. 
Liverpool open talks for Feyenoord’s Arne Slot as replacement for Klopp

45-year-old Dutch coach understood to fit Anfield profile
€10m compensation could prise him from KNVB Cup winners

Liverpool have now made an official approach for their favoured candidate, who is of interest to Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Milan, and Slot is believed to be keen on a move to the Premier League club.

------------------------------------------

The former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso was the initial frontrunner but, after committing his immediate future to the new Bundesliga champions Bayer Leverkusen, the Anfield club has considered numerous alternatives, including Sporting’s Rúben Amorim, who is wanted by West Ham, and Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi.

------------------------------------------

Liverpool’s targets had been sounded out via intermediaries since Klopp publicly announced his shock departure in January and Slot is the first candidate they have made an official move for, a sign of Edwards’ and Hughes’ confidence in hiring a coach who was wanted by Tottenham last season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/24/liverpool-open-talks-arne-slot-as-replacement-jurgen-klopp
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 02:40:16 pm »
Getting work emails at all times of the day. 11:20pm & 5:10am being notable examples.

At times like this, thank the lord you are able to work and have a job.  In a country where you have stable enough electricity and internet at those times to recieve emails.

Sorry. I have no idea where that came from.
What is the fixation with his baldness? Does it come from all the fellas worried about going bald…?
Don't remember Bill, Bob, Ronnie or Reuben Bennett bothering the barber much. Rafa, neither. Maybe they long for the return of Hodgson's equivalent of a blue rinse?
News and Current Affairs / Re: The BBC
« Last post by west_london_red on Today at 02:36:45 pm »
Im sure Ive heard that ITV pay more than the BBC.

Alison Hammond  and Dermot O'leary are on £600k

Holly Willoughby is on £1M, I imagine Schofield was getting more. 

You get examples pf people going from BBC to ITV but less the other way around.

This morning is at least on 5 days a week and a few hours a day, Dermott O’Leary also does a lot of other stuff on ITV I think too and is almost seen by some as a national treasure, and while I don’t see the appeal of Willoughby other then I’m a red blooded male but a lot of people seem to be fans of hers, rightly or wrongly they give a shit about her and all of that stuff and would be disappointed if she’s want on the TV would anyone notice if Jason Mohammed wasn’t on our TVs?
Best of luck, Mr Slot. Looks like you’re in the same boat as Jurgen when he arrived and will need to turn many from doubters to believers.
Which is incredible if you think how different things are
I think timing and picking the right job is massive for how managers careers go. Look at Rafa post us, his choices other than Newcastle seemed to just tank his reputation quick. Arteta not jumping at Everton and not being the one to replace Wenger was massive for his career.

Yeah absolutely. Fortunately I think we're doing everything in our power behind the scenes to give any new manager the best chance. Yes the media will jump on them as soon as they drop points, but I think the fans are a lot more patient and understanding than the average, and I think he'll have a lot of great support staff at the club to make his job a lot easier in regards to recruitment, nutrition, recovery, etc.

As long as we avoid compromising on how we want the club run like we did with Rodgers I think any new manager we target will have a great chance of doing well.
For me, the two main things are whoever comes in they need to be able to unite the fanbase like Klopp did and play attacking football.

everything else is secondary.

They should ban chewing gum while they're at it. Disgusting stuff and the only food product for which it's apparently socially acceptable to chuck it half-chewed on the floor or stuck to the underside of a table.

I'm all in favour of a Singaporean style system of punishment for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10