Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888295 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10280 on: May 2, 2021, 01:31:13 pm »
Pressing on it's own doesn't mean all that much.  Keita's getting slaughtered here but is the best presser in the team.  He runs around a lot, great...

You think pressing is running around a lot?

(I could also add you think getting slaughtered on here is a knock on a player) 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10281 on: May 2, 2021, 01:34:46 pm »
Klopp has always spoken in glowing terms about Fernandes. He spoke about him when he played for Sporting Lisbon against us in 2019 pre-season. He told him he was top player after we played United in 2020 and has lauded him in the build up to this game.

Klopp would have him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately we failed to spend in summer 2019.

I think people let their opinion of Fernandes the cryarse, screamer, diver and cheat extrodinaire cloud the fact he’s a really good player. If there is ever a ‘one man team’ in the pl, it’s Man Utd, he carries them.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10282 on: May 2, 2021, 03:57:10 pm »
The lad will get another chance here next season as others are in line to leave before him and we will need numbers to bolster the squad. Its sad to say this but we could be looking to let go the following for various reasons (end of contract, want to increase playing time etc) - Gini, Ox, Shaq, Minamino so that increases the chances of Naby staying unless Jurgen has a massive clearout. After this seasons form Jurgen could get rid of all of them but cant see us shuffling the pack that much.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10283 on: May 2, 2021, 08:41:00 pm »
There are just some players who don't do it, they don't have the ability and energy to do that sort of play for 90 mins.

Plus Gotze and Kagawa did loads of pressing.

That's like saying defending doesn't win you games. It contributes massively and saying goals and assists win you games is such a stupid oversimplification.
You're missing the point. Point is we need a midfielder to provide high G+A/90, so as to add an extra dimension in our attack and break down low blocks. That is the primary criteria that would help boost our team. Other criteria is of secondary importance. Stuff like pressing can be coached or adapted to tactically.

Klopp obviously agrees that we need a midfielder that would help out our attack, that's why he brought in Thiago, although it was the right idea, wrong execution there.

Also as Al and JackWard has mentioned, Klopp has spoken about his admiration about Fernandes, so that negates your statement about "not a Klopp midfielder".

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10284 on: May 2, 2021, 08:51:45 pm »
To be fair Klopp is there a player or manager Klopp isn't nice about?

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10285 on: May 2, 2021, 09:00:01 pm »
To be fair Klopp is there a player or manager Klopp isn't nice about?
Hmm, that's true. He's nice to all our players regardless of their form and ability. However I don't think I've heard him praising a lot of opposition players (that are not his ex players i.e. Gundogan, Aubamayang). Could be wrong about that tho.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10286 on: May 2, 2021, 10:52:20 pm »
Hmm, that's true. He's nice to all our players regardless of their form and ability. However I don't think I've heard him praising a lot of opposition players (that are not his ex players i.e. Gundogan, Aubamayang). Could be wrong about that tho.
He's been very complimentary about Patrick Bamford and Ollie Watkins in recent times.

So maybe it's just ex-players and future players.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10287 on: May 3, 2021, 02:03:46 am »
I get the impression that Keita is great when given a free role to roam about and get involved when and where he likes. That's not to say he's a luxury player, he's incredibly hard-working, but maybe not disciplined/tactically minded enough to sit back and cover when he needs to.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #10288 on: May 3, 2021, 08:09:57 am »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10289 on: May 3, 2021, 11:14:18 am »
Time will tell as his contract does expire in 2023 so will the club let him get within a year of free agent? Thats a bit of a risk in itself so something may come to a head this summer. If i was Naby I might even eye going back to the German league as time is short and he knows the chances of a successful career for himself could be enhanced by moving on as he will not be a starter here next season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10290 on: May 6, 2021, 10:14:16 am »
Just get rid ..

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #10291 on: May 6, 2021, 11:53:28 am »
Just get rid ..

Why is it OK to talk about one of our players this way? Can we get rid of you instead?

He's not Diouf or Itanje, he's a footballer who's had injuries and a couple of bad performances. He's certainly not alone in that in our squad this season...

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10292 on: May 6, 2021, 11:59:25 am »
Why is it OK to talk about one of our players this way? Can we get rid of you instead?

He's not Diouf or Itanje, he's a footballer who's had injuries and a couple of bad performances. He's certainly not alone in that in our squad this season...
Why isn't it ok? It's a forum. People will have opinions that differ.

He's had a load of injuries and more than a couple of bad performances. He's not up to the job, he's had three years to prove he is - more than most get.

Get rid...

Online aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10293 on: May 6, 2021, 12:04:23 pm »

I love that no one posted here for days before his comment, so there wasn't even a discussion. Just a random "get rid".

I don't like it either but seems like the norm this season. If fucking Alisson doesn't have enough credit, then Keita is definitely going to get it.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10294 on: May 6, 2021, 10:35:50 pm »

because he has been useless and a waste of space that's why .....

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10295 on: May 6, 2021, 10:46:35 pm »
He hasn't been useless at all, when he's actually made it on to the pitch he's been good to very good. He's had one or two, and it really is that few, bad games for us.

Here's a bold shout, he wasn't even that bad in the first half in Madrid. Went on 2 very good dribbles through their midfield actually providing a bit of penetration for the side. There was others out there a lot worse than him.

His problem is keeping fit, doesn't look like that's ever going to change so probably best for all parties involved to move on.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10296 on: May 6, 2021, 10:50:52 pm »
because he has been useless and a waste of space that's why .....

As are 1 liner posts on a forum. They tend to do nothing except wind people up and provoke a battle from the trenches. Maybe try writing something a bit more considered than ‘get rid’. Explain your reasons why we should? Back it up with some facts. Or maybe forums aren’t for you.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10297 on: May 6, 2021, 10:51:08 pm »
He hasn't been useless at all, when he's actually made it on to the pitch he's been good to very good. He's had one or two, and it really is that few, bad games for us.

Here's a bold shout, he wasn't even that bad in the first half in Madrid. Went on 2 very good dribbles through their midfield actually providing a bit of penetration for the side. There was others out there a lot worse than him.

His problem is keeping fit, doesn't look like that's ever going to change so probably best for all parties involved to move on.
well if can't stay fit and play not point being here ..

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10298 on: May 6, 2021, 10:53:07 pm »
As are 1 liner posts on a forum. They tend to do nothing except wind people up and provoke a battle from the trenches. Maybe try writing something a bit more considered than ‘get rid’. Explain your reasons why we should? Back it up with some facts. Or maybe forums aren’t for you.
so what is his situation now ? Fit or not fit ? If fit why not playing ? Klopps had enough .so have I ..

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10299 on: May 6, 2021, 10:53:21 pm »
well if can't stay fit and play not point being here ..

Yeah I agree with you, as much as it pains me to say it.

He's not been useless though, far from it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10300 on: May 6, 2021, 10:57:11 pm »
so what is his situation now ? Fit or not fit ? If fit why not playing ? Klopps had enough .so have I ..

Fit I believe. Not sure if Klopp has had enough or not. Praised him just before the United game. Could be genuine, I believe so anyway.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10301 on: May 6, 2021, 10:58:42 pm »
Wonder how much time he has had on the pitch playing since came here ?  ::)their comes a time . you just have to cut your loses and move on ..

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10302 on: May 6, 2021, 11:14:14 pm »
I love that no one posted here for days before his comment, so there wasn't even a discussion. Just a random "get rid".

I love lamp.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #10303 on: May 6, 2021, 11:27:04 pm »
Can't help but think that locking this thread for a few days might be a good idea - at least until Naby next features, or there's anything newsworthy to discuss.  Doesn't seem as though conversations in here are going anywhere but round & round, and I'm sure some could do with a break.

Online aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10304 on: May 6, 2021, 11:42:03 pm »

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10305 on: May 7, 2021, 01:09:22 am »

He's been average for the most part and doesn't turn up for big games. Hate to say it but he's a flop. Not worth £57m.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 01:11:56 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10306 on: May 7, 2021, 04:58:18 am »

I agree.  We need to support our players.  Unless it's Paul Konchesky... fuck me dark times.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10307 on: May 8, 2021, 07:47:47 pm »
Injured again. LOL
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10308 on: May 8, 2021, 07:49:07 pm »
Had high hopes but time to get rid if we can.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10309 on: May 8, 2021, 07:49:15 pm »
I mean can’t say too much until know the specifics but it’s just a flat out issue now.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10310 on: May 8, 2021, 07:50:33 pm »
Adios ..

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10311 on: May 8, 2021, 07:51:29 pm »
See ye later, fella.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10312 on: May 8, 2021, 07:54:49 pm »
So so so so unreliable.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #10313 on: May 8, 2021, 07:58:35 pm »
Ridiculous.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10314 on: May 8, 2021, 08:01:02 pm »
People just need to be patient with him. He'll be great once he gets a run of games.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10315 on: May 8, 2021, 08:46:34 pm »
People just need to be patient with him. He'll be great once he gets a run of games.

;D

Think it’s curtains for his Liverpool career now.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #10316 on: May 8, 2021, 08:59:07 pm »
Any word on what it is this time?
Internet terrorist

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10317 on: May 8, 2021, 09:05:18 pm »
So so so so unreliable.

Actually he's anything but..

You can always rely on Naby lad to get injured..  :butt
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #10318 on: May 8, 2021, 09:17:41 pm »
"a knock"

But enough to delight the usual suspects in here.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10319 on: May 8, 2021, 09:18:54 pm »
"a knock"

But enough to delight the usual suspects in here.

"a knock" for keita usually means he is out for 3 months.