Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 107220 times)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #80 on: August 7, 2019, 07:03:35 am »
Disagree with you on this, putting away fans 'in the gods' is a shit house thing to do

Plus against PL rules now.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #81 on: August 7, 2019, 07:44:10 am »
Disagree with you on this, putting away fans 'in the gods' is a shit house thing to do

Absolutely. It’s shithouse behaviour and really small time. And if we do it so will everyone else. Away fans should be opposite the main end at every ground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #82 on: August 7, 2019, 07:50:24 am »
I agree. And I think the rule changes mean you can’t do it any more either.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #83 on: August 8, 2019, 02:26:12 pm »
Probably from here - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anfield#Records. It was a FA cup game against Wolves in 1952.

And that was when the only seats in the ground were in the old main and Kemlyn, probably about 6,000 max, everyone else stood, imagine turning Anfield into a ground that has 62,000+ seats, I wouldnt have thought it realistically possible that long ago..
@sevvyparklee

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2019, 01:30:53 pm »
And that was when the only seats in the ground were in the old main and Kemlyn, probably about 6,000 max, everyone else stood, imagine turning Anfield into a ground that has 62,000+ seats, I wouldnt have thought it realistically possible that long ago..

The biggest attendance I would have experienced when the Kop and Anny were still standing is around 54,000. Its mad to think that Anfield could be expanded to over 62,000 when you think how physically small it used to be.

Traffic is a big issue these days, we live 5 miles from OT and on match days, traffic is fucked for ages after the game. I've left night matches at gone 10pm, 20 minute walk to the car, hit the M60 gone 11 and it is at a standstill - weekends, when you add in the Trafford Centre traffic, is a nightmare. Maybe the club could look at building a park and ride at Gilmoss, where all the new Warehouses/RDC's are, and somewhere in Speke/Halewood to lighten the load?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2019, 06:51:22 pm »
The biggest attendance I would have experienced when the Kop and Anny were still standing is around 54,000. Its mad to think that Anfield could be expanded to over 62,000 when you think how physically small it used to be.

Traffic is a big issue these days, we live 5 miles from OT and on match days, traffic is fucked for ages after the game. I've left night matches at gone 10pm, 20 minute walk to the car, hit the M60 gone 11 and it is at a standstill - weekends, when you add in the Trafford Centre traffic, is a nightmare. Maybe the club could look at building a park and ride at Gilmoss, where all the new Warehouses/RDC's are, and somewhere in Speke/Halewood to lighten the load?
Yes, especially when you consider that the Spion Kop used to hold 30,000 itself.

The biggest European attendances  I was at were Barcelona '76 when we had 55,104 and St. Etienne in '77 when we had 55,043. Mind you, there were said to be a lot more in the ground than the official figures showed. There were around 10,000 locked out of the St. Etienne game too.

My biggest Anfield league attendances I'm certain I was at were the Bitters in '76 with 55,141, and the club then known as Man City in '77 with 55,283.

There were two really big attendances also in '77 but I can't remember if I was there or not. Ipswich, with 56,044 and the last game against West Ham with 55,695.

The Spion Kop in that 1976 win against the Bitters was horrendous. It was like being seasick. The continual swaying and surges down the terrace long before kick-off left me knackered even before a ball was kicked. My arm almost broke against a barrier too. It was quite scary, and the middle was so tightly packed you'd get lifted off your feet and end up yards from where you started out.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2019, 11:09:25 pm »
The Spion Kop in that 1976 win against the Bitters was horrendous. It was like being seasick. The continual swaying and surges down the terrace long before kick-off left me knackered even before a ball was kicked. My arm almost broke against a barrier too. It was quite scary, and the middle was so tightly packed you'd get lifted off your feet and end up yards from where you started out.
Do you mean this one below? Or the Fairclough one, same year but season before?
The Kop was certainly packed for the 3-1. Looks unbelievable.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gmARPrMZ0_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gmARPrMZ0_M</a>

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2019, 11:15:04 pm »
Any updates it’s all gone very quiet again.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2019, 11:16:59 pm »
Any updates it’s all gone very quiet again.
Waiting for the current application to expire in September probably.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2019, 10:15:04 am »
Waiting for the current application to expire in September probably.

It can’t happen soon enough🙂

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:18 pm »
Yes, especially when you consider that the Spion Kop used to hold 30,000 itself.

The biggest European attendances  I was at were Barcelona '76 when we had 55,104 and St. Etienne in '77 when we had 55,043. Mind you, there were said to be a lot more in the ground than the official figures showed. There were around 10,000 locked out of the St. Etienne game too.

My biggest Anfield league attendances I'm certain I was at were the Bitters in '76 with 55,141, and the club then known as Man City in '77 with 55,283.

There were two really big attendances also in '77 but I can't remember if I was there or not. Ipswich, with 56,044 and the last game against West Ham with 55,695.

I was at that Barca game too, my Dad got a couple of tickets in the Kemlyn for it, missed the Bruges game as he was in work.

My Mum used to get really scared when I was a kid, I was 12 when I started going on my own, so naturally middle of the Kop. She'd see all the swaying on MOTD and panic. Think it was Villa 83 where I started level with the right hand post and ended up behind the left hand post, good workout though ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2019, 06:45:48 pm »

Traffic is an issue everywhere, i regularly travel to Birmingham and its constantly congested whenever theres a game on. I guess it is upto the council and government guidelines on whether capacity would be restricted due to traffic

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2019, 06:56:55 pm »
Traffic is an issue everywhere, i regularly travel to Birmingham and its constantly congested whenever theres a game on. I guess it is upto the council and government guidelines on whether capacity would be restricted due to traffic
I went to Ajax earlier in the year.

There is an enormous station right next to it with about 6 platforms...

Unless someone pays a fortune that won’t happen at Anfield sadly.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2019, 07:41:54 pm »

My first game was against Leeds in 1974. Crowd was 56,003.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2019, 08:53:03 pm »
Do you mean this one below? Or the Fairclough one, same year but season before?
The Kop was certainly packed for the 3-1. Looks unbelievable.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gmARPrMZ0_M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gmARPrMZ0_M</a>
Yes, that's the one. I was at the Fairclough derby too, but the crowd in the 3-1 was crazy. Well it was in the centre of the Kop, anyway.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2019, 09:06:41 pm »
But won't they be able to pour piss on our fans below them? :D

Plexiglass & not the good stuff,it's needs to be the shit that ages poorly so it's like you're trying to watch the match through a frosted window.  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2019, 09:15:16 pm »
I went to Ajax earlier in the year.

There is an enormous station right next to it with about 6 platforms...

Unless someone pays a fortune that won’t happen at Anfield sadly.

Yeah.  On paper an Anfield station is feasible but the construction requirements would be huge.  You could in theory run a match train from Lime Street, via the goods line, and perhaps either have a Stanley Park station or construct a branch line getting as close to Anfield as possible, but it would take years and cost a fortune.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:04 pm »
Yeah.  On paper an Anfield station is feasible but the construction requirements would be huge.  You could in theory run a match train from Lime Street, via the goods line, and perhaps either have a Stanley Park station or construct a branch line getting as close to Anfield as possible, but it would take years and cost a fortune.
Maybe we should go all futuristic and build a monorail from town straight to the ground. 😁🚝

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:01 am »
Maybe we should go all futuristic and build a monorail from town straight to the ground. 😁🚝

You sound like a bitter there off GOT  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2019, 02:51:03 pm »
You sound like a bitter there off GOT  :)
And I thought I was being realistic, too. 😥

Once Everton touches you...

😁

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2019, 05:45:47 pm »
Would the mayor have say in the planning process?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2019, 07:00:07 pm »

With some of the developers this city likes to do business with, we might as well go to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:34 am »

With some of the developers this city likes to do business with, we might as well go to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM
Yes, let's build the Anfield Monorail.  ;D

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2019, 09:27:21 am »
Big few days on this.  Don’t be surprised if some noise starts soon.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2019, 10:50:40 am »

Can you give us any hints?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:13 am »
Foot to the floor I suspect

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2019, 11:41:45 am »
What have you heard?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2019, 11:58:26 am »

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2019, 12:19:09 pm »
Everything is accelerating now, expect news very soon I believe.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2019, 12:25:30 pm »
Finally getting the big news on Harrison Reed we've all been waiting for
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2019, 12:29:12 pm »
Finally getting the big news on Harrison Reed we've all been waiting for

Not likely before the bank holiday I wouldnt think. Surely a trip booked somewhere. Patience is the key here

Online Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2019, 12:35:09 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/361704-liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand-redevelopment

Local journos saying it’ll take Anfield to 60k+

Not really foot to the floor sort of pace from that statement.

Always said we’d end up going much bigger though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2019, 12:37:41 pm »
Just over 60k is about the maximum that could be reached by revamping the Annie road end.

Anyone hoping for much more will be waiting for the mop or king Kenny stand to be done.
W

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2019, 12:45:21 pm »
If they have a feasibility study complete and pre-planning conversations have been positive what timescales are we looking at?

Planning App in by season's end?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2019, 12:49:14 pm »
Liverpool Football Club today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration.

As part of this process, the six-time European champions have committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.

As a direct result of this development, existing outline planning permission will be allowed to lapse in order to allow work to continue on alternative options with a view to submitting a new planning application for a larger scheme in due course. 

Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse. We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.

“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/361704-liverpool-fc-statement-anfield-road-stand-redevelopment

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2019, 12:51:13 pm »
If they have a feasibility study complete and pre-planning conversations have been positive what timescales are we looking at?

Planning App in by season's end?

Suspect they’re still looking to finish the training ground etc before committing

No idea how much time a planning app will take to be honest

Can’t wait though as it’ll clear a good number off ST waiting list

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2019, 12:51:27 pm »
I'm gonna fume if there aren't any "severely restricted view" seats. Spending a match there is like a rite of passage.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
Re: Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2019, 12:55:13 pm »
Might explain the no budget this summer?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2019, 12:56:52 pm »
Just over 60k is about the maximum that could be reached by revamping the Annie road end.

Anyone hoping for much more will be waiting for the mop or king Kenny stand to be done.

It is going to take something pretty clever to get more.