Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286487 times)

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
Re: The Anfield Wrap....
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »
I've just had a thoroughly enjoyable nostalgia buzz thanks to the following two peices.  Top tunes!!!

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/10-great-manchester-tunes/

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/10-great-scouse-tunes/
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:16 pm »
Even if you're not into Podcasts & stuff on an iPod you should be listening to these on your PC.

Not only are they thoroughly enjoyable but they are heartening to listen to knowledgeable Reds have different opinions - that's what football is about. The contributors may think wtf but I expected them to be too partisan, to be a 'we know best' broadcast. But of course they aren't, the narrative is excellent and the discussions are insightful. I enjoyed the short piece about Lucas in todays.

Naturally they are ahead of my Guardian football weekly downloads now.

Good stuff, keep up the good work, don't want to sound patronising but they are held together brilliantly - there's a nice flow to them. And thanks.

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2011, 08:23:07 pm »
Probably Jay who you are having most difficulty with mate.

Indeed I believe it is Jay I am having trouble with :P
Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
Even if you're not into Podcasts & stuff on an iPod you should be listening to these on your PC.

Not only are they thoroughly enjoyable but they are heartening to listen to knowledgeable Reds have different opinions - that's what football is about. The contributors may think wtf but I expected them to be too partisan, to be a 'we know best' broadcast. But of course they aren't, the narrative is excellent and the discussions are insightful. I enjoyed the short piece about Lucas in todays.

Good stuff, keep up the good work, don't want to sound patronising but they are held together brilliantly - there's a nice flow to them. And thanks.

Was a good one today.  Picking up on the bit about Lucas.  I was really interested to hear what Flanno said about playing with Lucas, and the ensuing discussion.  Something us fans most certainly wouldn't pick up on.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »
Indeed I believe it is Jay I am having trouble with :P

No chance, I'm the clearest on there!

I need to remember my media voice for future ones.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »
I'm the poshest one on there.

And John (and the rest) - thanks. It means a lot. Understand the criticism about too much talking but it's eight lads who love the club chatting football, it's inevitable. We are all still amateurs.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »
Understand the criticism about too much talking but it's eight lads who love the club chatting football, it's inevitable.

Personally I think that's the best part of it.

Still don't know who anyone is on there, just that someone sounds a bit like Rogan Taylor. Don't think it matters though really.

You doing one during international break?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2011, 08:54:02 pm »
Really enjoyed the latest show. Good work lads
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
I've just had a thoroughly enjoyable nostalgia buzz thanks to the following two peices.  Top tunes!!!

An apology for Oasis, and an omission of The Fall? I'm just... I'm just... how do you spell incredulous?

Personally I think that's the best part of it.

Totally agree. OK, some bits gets lost occasionally, but it's a great listen, and good discussion/points always finds oxygen, and everyone gives eachother time to have their say. Well chaired too. It's inevitable that there'll be massive overlays of voices now and then, but it gets sorted very quick everytime. As a listener, it's great. I look forward to it every week. Obviously I don't understand a bloody word tho.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2011, 09:45:55 pm »
'No hands in the air' indeed.

Great stuff. You've managed to get some great names on board, is there any chance in getting David Hills from the Observer to sit in amongst one day? He runs the Said and Done part of the site/paper. As a one off guest, before an international perhaps, ... he could really add to things for a programme. He doesn't do the 'circuit' at all, which just seems to fit in. Ask him how the fuck he gets his stories .. ha.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »
Understand the criticism about too much talking but it's eight lads who love the club chatting football, it's inevitable. We are all still amateurs.

Gotta say i agree with Juan in thinking this is the best part of it. I enjoyed the podcast today as usual.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2011, 10:16:24 pm »
question
what program did you use to make the site? cuz i love the design and interface
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »
Yeah, the chatting doesn't make any difference to me, its all good stuff.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »
Yeah I'd not sacrifice losing some of the banter to occasionally catch what someone said a bit better. Keep it roughly unmoderated.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2011, 10:43:50 pm »
Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but the idea is that it IS just lads having a chat, as opposed to a structured, no interruption discussion.

Can understand why people might not like it, but we've tried to stray from a formal, sterile structure.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »
For what its worth, I've listened to a number of podcasts from scratch and they've all started off the same.

A bit chaotic, people speaking over one another but that usually settles down after a few episodes. You'll find your own 'grove' with one another.

Keep up the great work.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46:29 pm »
Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but the idea is that it IS just lads having a chat, as opposed to a structured, no interruption discussion.

Can understand why people might not like it, but we've tried to stray from a formal, sterile structure.

Definately keep at it.

Its like eavesdropping on a conversation between a group of lads in the boozer after a match.

Its great.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2011, 10:48:13 pm »
One question, was the volume better this week?
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2011, 11:21:47 pm »

Never really bothered with podcasts, but I've listened to 3 of the 4 Anfieldwrap's.  Absolutely loved them.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2011, 11:53:12 pm »
Good stuff again lads! Keep up the good work.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2011, 11:54:39 pm »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2011, 12:17:52 am »
So far, so good. Enjoyed all 4.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2011, 12:32:47 am »
One question, was the volume better this week?
Crystal clear for me mate, no problems at all.

Offline srs507

• Kopite
  • I'm scouse. Except for accent and location.
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2011, 12:34:06 am »

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2011/08/10-great-scouse-tunes/

I listened to The La's, I'm hooked. Great tunes on those posts.
Games I've been to: 2011/2012 - Wolves (h), Man Utd (h), QPR (h), Villa (a), Wigan (a), Newcastle (h), Man City (a)
2012/2013 - Spurs (Friendly), Norwich (h)
2013/2014 - Newcastle (h)
2014/2015 - Olympiakos (friendly), Man City (friendly)
Not bad for an American eh?

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2011, 12:52:04 am »
First one I listened to today. Well done everyone, very good.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2011, 01:44:30 am »
Got really excited when you guys mentioned Gerrard today. I'd nearly forgotten about him.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2011, 02:16:11 am »
Got really excited when you guys mentioned Gerrard today. I'd nearly forgotten about him.
That's gotta be hard to do when you log in every day with that username mate ;D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2011, 02:39:29 am »
I'm the poshest one on there.

And John (and the rest) - thanks. It means a lot. Understand the criticism about too much talking but it's eight lads who love the club chatting football, it's inevitable. We are all still amateurs.

Don't worry, it's good.

Even though I clearly don't exist.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2011, 02:40:18 am »
Again, super. Many thanks , really good to listen and learn from the lads.

On Bellamy ?

Would have him back as an option, I think he's matured and would have to accept his place in the Squad.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2011, 02:40:51 am »
These podcasts are fantastic!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2011, 02:42:39 am »
Note about the Audio Quality.

Its superb, and you can even hear where who is in the room, in reference to mic placement.

Question: Can I ask what Mic you actually use please and how many you use ?

Cheers.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2011, 07:35:13 am »
Note about the Audio Quality.

Its superb, and you can even hear where who is in the room, in reference to mic placement.

Question: Can I ask what Mic you actually use please and how many you use ?

Cheers.

We use three 360 degree microphones, pleased the placement comes through on the Podcast as I thought it might be lost in compression as the .wav file is reduced from 800meg to 100meg in conversion to M4A

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2011, 11:50:08 am »
Another cracking episode. As someone said above, it's great to hear the differing opinions - most notably on Henderson and Bellamy. Regarding Bellamy I found myself agreeing with bits of each.

It definitely works in its current format i.e. pub table, chat etc. It's kind of a fans boot room and that can't be bad. You guys should do a mock up of that famous picture of everyone huddled around a tiny table drinking tea and chatting tic-tacs!

Quick question - how many subscribers/listeners have you got now? Just curious.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2011, 11:57:56 am »
One of the livelier bits of listening to Cricket Test Match Special (if you're that way inclined) is the bit where they get sent a cake and then they discuss where it came from. Adds an air of friendliness and a connection between listener and broadcaster. Because lets face it, who doesnt like cake. It translates to football it seems. And it's always nice to hear someone eating cake down a microphone directly into my ears. I'm going to get some cake.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:39 pm »
Another cracking episode. As someone said above, it's great to hear the differing opinions - most notably on Henderson and Bellamy. Regarding Bellamy I found myself agreeing with bits of each.

It definitely works in its current format i.e. pub table, chat etc. It's kind of a fans boot room and that can't be bad. You guys should do a mock up of that famous picture of everyone huddled around a tiny table drinking tea and chatting tic-tacs!

Quick question - how many subscribers/listeners have you got now? Just curious.

Episodes 2 and 3 both had over 7,000 downloads, early indications are that Ep.4 will surpass that number.

We're also listed in the top 10 sports Podcasts on iTunes, which, considering we're less than a month old, it's pretty amazing, it's surpassing all our expectations, both in numbers and quality, and owe everything to all our contributors and Pod guests.

We're also working on addressing a few suggestions, we've fixed the volume issue and are working on getting an intro/outro sorted, any other suggestions, then please fire away.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2011, 01:17:18 pm »
Who are you on it Don Vito?

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2011, 01:23:22 pm »
We're also listed in the top 10 sports Podcasts on iTunes, which, considering we're less than a month old, it's pretty amazing, it's surpassing all our expectations, both in numbers and quality, and owe everything to all our contributors and Pod guests.

And considering it's only an LFC thing it makes it all the more impressive.

Well in lads.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2011, 02:41:50 pm »
Who are you on it Don Vito?

I'm the 'cake' guy.

Did the first two, but I'm quite happy to sit in the booth and produce instead.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2011, 02:49:49 pm »
That stat at the end about reaching 7 points in six games less than last year is astonishing and a real reminder of what a shower state we were in. A lot of people moaning about transfers and what not in other threads should be presented with that fact and politely be reminded to stfu.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2011, 03:19:13 pm »

Its at 34 of the top 200 podcasts aswell  , just behind Karl Pilkington not bad .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather