Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 822452 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #6200 on: July 20, 2019, 09:34:24 pm »
Liverpool v Sevilla – Sunday July 21, at 6 pm Eastern

B/R Live.

Or you may find it on LFC's youtube channel
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6201 on: July 20, 2019, 09:53:02 pm »
Liverpool v Sevilla – Sunday July 21, at 6 pm Eastern

B/R Live.

Or you may find it on LFC's youtube channel

Should be free as well on BR

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6202 on: July 22, 2019, 03:30:06 am »
Wed 24th
Liverpool v Sporting CP
8:00 pm Eastern
TNT

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6203 on: July 25, 2019, 03:43:22 am »
Sun 28th
Liverpool v Napoli
Noon Eastern
B/R live

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6204 on: July 25, 2019, 12:34:23 pm »
interesting watch in the topic celebrity fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c43FUVShDIo

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6205 on: July 28, 2019, 05:11:42 pm »
Sun 28th
Liverpool v Napoli
Noon Eastern
B/R live

This was supposed to be free I believe. Looks like they decided to charge for it.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6206 on: July 29, 2019, 12:35:03 am »
This was supposed to be free I believe. Looks like they decided to charge for it.
Only think those 3 matches in the USA were "free"

Wed 31st
Lyon V Liverpool
1:00 Pm Eastern
B/R live

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #6207 on: July 29, 2019, 03:34:07 pm »

Yeah, they took the sentence of it being free out of the original article. Booooo.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6208 on: July 31, 2019, 08:05:35 pm »
Sunday Aug. 4th
Community Shield
Liverpool v Man City
10:00 Am Eastern
ESPN+   Streaming only

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6209 on: August 1, 2019, 11:05:32 pm »
Sunday Aug. 4th
Community Shield
Liverpool v Man City
ESPN+   Streaming only
Was hoping it would be on regular ESPN or some other channel. As is, will be running around with kids AM/early afternoon. Did anyone try SI membership for 5/no? Does it actually have replays of all our games?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6210 on: August 3, 2019, 12:01:36 am »
Wtf they not even showing th game??

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6211 on: August 3, 2019, 01:15:12 am »

ESPN are but they want you to pay for it.

Meet the future. The more who subscribe, the more they don't care about those who don't or won't.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6212 on: August 3, 2019, 01:19:56 am »

Don't expect to see the Caribou Cup or the FA Cup on regular TV either. ESPN+ is where they reside now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6213 on: August 3, 2019, 01:23:57 am »
Don't expect to see the Caribou Cup or the FA Cup on regular TV either. ESPN+ is where they reside now.

Ugh what a jip! They really don’t give a shit

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6214 on: August 3, 2019, 03:00:02 am »
As per last season League matches will be primarily on NBC, NBCSN. With the caveat of a few matches ending up on NBC Sport Gold, their streaming ap.

The FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield will be on ESPN+ and not NBC. Fans will have to shell out $4.99 per month (or $49.99 per year) to subscribe to ESPN+.

Champions League:

For the second straight year, those of you asking us “How to watch the Champions League” in the U.S. will get the same answer: Turner Broadcasting bought the English-language Champions League rights before the 2018-19 season and it still has them.

The English-language TV schedule looks pretty much identical to last season, with B/R Live (an expensive subscription service) broadcasting the bulk of the matches:

During the group stage, four matches per week will be on TNT at 12:55 p.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

All group-stage matches will be available on the B/R Live streaming service

TNT will broadcast two matches per week during the Round of 16, quarterfinals and semifinals (with the other matches also on B/R Live)

TNT and B/R Live will broadcast the final on May 30

Watching matches on B/R Live will cost you $2.99 for a single match, $9.99 for a single month or $79.99 for a single year, making it one of the most expensive sports subscription services available.

In Spanish, Univision Deportes (now called TUDN) has the U.S. Champions League TV rights for a second straight year. Unlike Turner Sports, Univision is utilizing more of its broadcast channels (Univision, TUDN, UniMás and Galavisión) and will televise nearly three times as many matches as TNT. TUDN will also have streams available to subscribers at no extra cost (unlike B/R Live).

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6215 on: August 3, 2019, 04:01:29 am »
ESPN + is getting the rights to the Bundesliga starting next season. That makes it less likely they’ll be showing games on regular tv any time soon.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #6217 on: August 4, 2019, 02:05:43 pm »
Ugh what a jip! They really don’t give a shit

The situation is pretty fucked. I got back here last year after six years in Thailand and I can't actually believe how far backwards they have gone with the TV coverage since I left. Steve Nash, for example. The actual fuck is that? It wouldn't be as bad, but we are out here outside the city and the internet signal is garbage, so streaming is kind of a nightmare at the moment. It seems to me like squeezing people into buying the various shitty streaming subscriptions isn't the best way to grow the sport here (although the popularity seems to be growing regardless). Fuck.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6218 on: August 4, 2019, 03:12:46 pm »
Sunday Aug. 4th
Community Shield
Liverpool v Man City
ESPN+   Streaming only

It is so ridiculous that it is streaming only. The two biggest sides in the biggest league. Ridiculous.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6219 on: August 4, 2019, 06:01:14 pm »
Friday August 9th
Liverpool v Norwich
3:00 Pm Eastern
NBCSN

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6220 on: August 4, 2019, 10:18:29 pm »
Friday August 9th
Liverpool v Norwich
NBCSN

:)
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6221 on: August 9, 2019, 10:47:37 pm »
Wednesday Aug. 14th
Uefa Super Cup
Liverpool v Chelsea
TNT  ( also Univision in Spanish )

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6222 on: August 12, 2019, 03:15:34 pm »
Wednesday Aug. 14th
Uefa Super Cup
Liverpool v Chelsea

Its also on BR Live to stream for $3.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6223 on: August 12, 2019, 09:14:27 pm »
Its also on BR Live to stream for $3.

They'd have to pay me more than that to watch their stream, add a couple zero's.  ;D  :P

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6224 on: August 12, 2019, 11:16:07 pm »
They'd have to pay me more than that to watch their stream, add a couple zero's.  ;D  :P

I watched the Champions League Final for $3 through my Apple TV box. It was fine. I’m sure you have a reason for your anger towards BR but I thought it was fine.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6225 on: August 13, 2019, 12:56:20 am »
I watched the Champions League Final for $3 through my Apple TV box. It was fine. I’m sure you have a reason for your anger towards BR but I thought it was fine.

B/R, ESPN+, NBCSN...any broadcaster who charges extra to watch a stream pisses me off.

The pay for the rights to show the League. They sign up advertisers to advertise, charging them tons of money to put their products before our eyes.

We are subject to slightly delayed kickoffs so they can stretch that last advert in. So if you follow on line you find out about the goal before you see it. Sometimes it's been nearly a minute delayed.

AND THEN...those who want to watch, they try to squeeze out ever increasing amounts through having to pay for extra channels, to now paying to watch online.

Those who do pay the fees help the corporate execs to decide to charge more for it and justify their ever increasing appetite to gather money from all angles. This doesn't benefit football at all. All it does is slowly deteriorate the amount of matches one can watch on tv and force people to pay for the privilege of watching their team.

As of now, unless there is a change, if we want to watch Liverpool in the League Cup or FA Cup we HAVE to pay for ESPN+. None of the matches will be on any of the various ESPN channels. Instead we can watch sports talk shows or repeats of whatever rather than a live match.

Like feck they're getting my money. I'll find pirate streams instead. Or just listen to the audio of the match via the club website. Where at least the commentary isn't a bunch of bullshit.

Anyone wanting to pay for streams, good for you. You're helping to exclude significant numbers of supporters  from watching on tv and helping the broadcasters to their fat exec bonuses.

But hey ho, it's no big deal.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6226 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:34 am »
I find it somewhat comical we're here complaining about ESPN+ vs. ESPN when people actually in the UK have to sign up for 2 or 3 TV packages to not even get the same level of coverage.  It's $3.99 a month for ESPN+?  So $48 a year gets me all the FA, Carabao, Championship, Seria A games I can shake a stick at.  Bundesliga is being added?  Great, anything to get away from the Fox garbage team.  Hopefully they add La Liga next.

Do we so quickly forget Fox charging $9.99 a month for FSP which was non-HD and then wanting a separate monthly subscription for their online content?  11/12 season I must have spent over $200 watching LFC + CL games.

Offline RedFerret

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6227 on: August 13, 2019, 06:14:23 pm »
Just a heads up for considering ESPN+,  Disney may be bundling ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney+ when they launch the Disney service in November..

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #6228 on: August 14, 2019, 12:35:32 am »
Wednesday Aug. 14th
Uefa Super Cup
Liverpool v Chelsea

Thanks for this, pal  :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #6229 on: August 14, 2019, 03:10:18 pm »
I find it somewhat comical we're here complaining about ESPN+ vs. ESPN when people actually in the UK have to sign up for 2 or 3 TV packages to not even get the same level of coverage.  It's $3.99 a month for ESPN+?  So $48 a year gets me all the FA, Carabao, Championship, Seria A games I can shake a stick at.  Bundesliga is being added?  Great, anything to get away from the Fox garbage team.  Hopefully they add La Liga next.

Do we so quickly forget Fox charging $9.99 a month for FSP which was non-HD and then wanting a separate monthly subscription for their online content?  11/12 season I must have spent over $200 watching LFC + CL games.

Yeah, I like the situation better now. I had to cordcut to get ahead on the $ aspect. I do YTTV and ESPN+. It's nice that I don't have to scramble around to DVR games when I have to watch on delay. Still need to see how the groups end up to see if I might splurge on br live for the monthly thing. I figure I could do it strategically so that I'd only have to pay 2 or 3 of their monthly charges. NBC Gold is still not worth it to me as we're only on there 3 or 4 times a year. I've been patching things together on those non-NBC networks games well enough. Biggest complaint is Spain on beIN still and I hope this is the last year they're on that garbage network.

I finished cable last summer paying $170/month for their bundle. I'm now up to $50 for YTTV, $40 for internet, and $4ish for ESPN. The streaming devices ran me $150 or something like that. Coming out ahead. Feel for the people that have poor streaming areas or that have an ISP monopoly jacking up their internet fees.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6230 on: August 14, 2019, 03:27:55 pm »
Yeah, I like the situation better now. I had to cordcut to get ahead on the $ aspect. I do YTTV and ESPN+. It's nice that I don't have to scramble around to DVR games when I have to watch on delay. Still need to see how the groups end up to see if I might splurge on br live for the monthly thing. I figure I could do it strategically so that I'd only have to pay 2 or 3 of their monthly charges. NBC Gold is still not worth it to me as we're only on there 3 or 4 times a year. I've been patching things together on those non-NBC networks games well enough. Biggest complaint is Spain on beIN still and I hope this is the last year they're on that garbage network.

I finished cable last summer paying $170/month for their bundle. I'm now up to $50 for YTTV, $40 for internet, and $4ish for ESPN. The streaming devices ran me $150 or something like that. Coming out ahead. Feel for the people that have poor streaming areas or that have an ISP monopoly jacking up their internet fees.

If you watch a lot of La Liga you can get the "Best of Spanish TV" on Sling TV for $10/month.  Their DVR costs $5/month if you want that.  Not ideal but really the cheapest way to watch La Liga if you subscribe to YTTV. 

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #6231 on: August 14, 2019, 03:47:26 pm »
If you watch a lot of La Liga you can get the "Best of Spanish TV" on Sling TV for $10/month.  Their DVR costs $5/month if you want that.  Not ideal but really the cheapest way to watch La Liga if you subscribe to YTTV.

Yeah, I've been on the borderline with that. If you do the year, it's 60 and comes to 5/month. I've also read that they essentially store the games from the past 5 or 6 days so you don't really need the DVR if you only need access to the recent stuff on replay. I ultimately don't think I watch enough to justify it in my head and don't want to feel like I'm giving any money to beIN.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6232 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:57 pm »
Yeah, I've been on the borderline with that. If you do the year, it's 60 and comes to 5/month. I've also read that they essentially store the games from the past 5 or 6 days so you don't really need the DVR if you only need access to the recent stuff on replay. I ultimately don't think I watch enough to justify it in my head and don't want to feel like I'm giving any money to beIN.

The contract is up for renewal after this year.  It sounds like La Liga might not give it to Bein next year due to the channel not being widely distributed.  I'm really hoping that ESPN get's it.  Pretty much anyone but Fox or TNT will do for me. 

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6233 on: August 14, 2019, 06:23:22 pm »
Granted the $50 or $60 a year for NBC gold is probably not worth it if you're solely an LFC fan.  With that said I'll watch basically any game I can and there's times where NBC picks a truly awful game for the main channel (ManC vs. almost anyone), so being able to watch a competitive game is worth it to me.  For the run in being able to watch our game and then on my tablet either ManC or Spurs was fun as well.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6234 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:30 am »
Saturday Aug 17th.
Southampton v Liverpool
NBCSN

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6235 on: August 17, 2019, 05:48:29 pm »
Saturday Aug 24
Liverpool v Arsenal
12:30 Pm Eastern
NBC

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6236 on: August 20, 2019, 11:04:53 pm »
Granted the $50 or $60 a year for NBC gold is probably not worth it if you're solely an LFC fan.  With that said I'll watch basically any game I can and there's times where NBC picks a truly awful game for the main channel (ManC vs. almost anyone), so being able to watch a competitive game is worth it to me.  For the run in being able to watch our game and then on my tablet either ManC or Spurs was fun as well.

I decided to get both as I felt like as I was ditching cable at basically $70 a month more than my internet cost, it was such a big deal. Paying NBC Gold and BR live for the whole still seemed like I would better off.

I'm finding the whole thing really frustrating. There used to be a really good half hour weekend review program on a Monday that would basically wrap 9 games goals plus high point in one 30 minute program.
There is a review on Saturday for two hours that is just so laborious and has as much from pundits waffling as action.
I thought I would enjoy watching other teams but I'm finding that Liverpool is really hardly on that the whole thin is a bit frustrating. It is nice to be able to watch all the games the next day just to see the goals.

BR is sort of a sleeper with the Champions League coming up. Again, it will be nice to watch other games.

My biggest bug bear is that both are geared to Live watching only. I had this great Tivo DVR with my old TV subscription so you could watch programs from the start even as it was recording.

Neither BR or NBC Gold do that. If you miss the first half, then you either have to watch Live and miss the first half or then wait up to 24 hours until the stream comes back in the replays section. You don't have the option to watch from the start.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6237 on: August 21, 2019, 12:32:42 am »
youtube tv has unlimited cloud storage.

So you can "record" Liverpool matches or, if you want, every Premier League match shown on available channels.

You'll miss those matches on Sports gold or other streaming outlets like B/R live.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6238 on: August 21, 2019, 12:51:53 am »
I decided to get both as I felt like as I was ditching cable at basically $70 a month more than my internet cost, it was such a big deal. Paying NBC Gold and BR live for the whole still seemed like I would better off.

I'm finding the whole thing really frustrating. There used to be a really good half hour weekend review program on a Monday that would basically wrap 9 games goals plus high point in one 30 minute program.
There is a review on Saturday for two hours that is just so laborious and has as much from pundits waffling as action.
I thought I would enjoy watching other teams but I'm finding that Liverpool is really hardly on that the whole thin is a bit frustrating. It is nice to be able to watch all the games the next day just to see the goals.

BR is sort of a sleeper with the Champions League coming up. Again, it will be nice to watch other games.

My biggest bug bear is that both are geared to Live watching only. I had this great Tivo DVR with my old TV subscription so you could watch programs from the start even as it was recording.

Neither BR or NBC Gold do that. If you miss the first half, then you either have to watch Live and miss the first half or then wait up to 24 hours until the stream comes back in the replays section. You don't have the option to watch from the start.

I could be wrong but I remember this and it was like a weekly review with no punditry right?  Just the goals with the in game commentary?  If so that was a PL produced show, NBC didn't produce it.  They also then did goal of the week, save of the week, etc.  So if it's not there now then the PL stopped producing it would be my guess.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6239 on: August 21, 2019, 01:04:40 am »
youtube tv has unlimited cloud storage.

So you can "record" Liverpool matches or, if you want, every Premier League match shown on available channels.

You'll miss those matches on Sports gold or other streaming outlets like B/R live.

Thanks as always 4pool. This may be the year I cut the Comcast cord.