Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3455435 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #65080 on: December 6, 2021, 07:31:06 pm »
My mate has finally seen sense and got his first Covid jab today. Soft shite should have been triple jabbed by now, but at least he has started
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #65081 on: December 6, 2021, 07:34:16 pm »
51459 new cases and 41 deaths today
Big  growth form last Monday. Growth in the over 65s for the first time in ages too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65082 on: December 6, 2021, 07:43:25 pm »
Big  growth form last Monday. Growth in the over 65s for the first time in ages too.

Fingers crossed the triple jab does it's job and whilst the 65+ may catch it that it's as mild as can be in most cases.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #65083 on: December 6, 2021, 08:17:44 pm »
Not quite, but its not been used since Summer 2019 and is very likely not being used until Summer 2022 at the absolute earliest.

Weren’t you saying 2023 a weeks back?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65084 on: December 6, 2021, 09:45:18 pm »

Yes sorry 2023 is the earliest, not 2022.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65085 on: December 6, 2021, 09:46:48 pm »

;D

She'll have booked a Jan trip away by next week.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65086 on: December 6, 2021, 09:56:07 pm »

Quite a few people at work have got it now, all of whom are vaccinated and one is in a pretty bad way. Its definitely on the rise now. Looks like we will have to get through December but the rest of Winter could be pretty shit again.

I was pretty sure we wouldnt have a lock down again but maybe some more restrictions come back in January. As long as schools remain open and that is absolutely the most important thing out of all the restrictions not to happen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65087 on: December 6, 2021, 10:14:13 pm »
Quite a few people at work have got it now, all of whom are vaccinated and one is in a pretty bad way. Its definitely on the rise now. Looks like we will have to get through December but the rest of Winter could be pretty shit again.

I was pretty sure we wouldnt have a lock down again but maybe some more restrictions come back in January. As long as schools remain open and that is absolutely the most important thing out of all the restrictions not to happen.
January and February will be chaos.  Really big numbers.

Let’s hope the hospital numbers are less bad than feared.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65088 on: December 6, 2021, 10:16:09 pm »
January and February will be chaos.  Really big numbers.

Let’s hope the hospital numbers are less bad than feared.

I think they will bring back some working from home directive. I wonder if they restrict shop opening hours as well like some half baked measure, unlikely though. Could very well restrict stadium and indoor venue attendance numbers.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65089 on: December 6, 2021, 10:26:14 pm »
No positives on the horizon then.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65090 on: December 6, 2021, 10:26:42 pm »
I think they will bring back some working from home directive. I wonder if they restrict shop opening hours as well like some half baked measure, unlikely though. Could very well restrict stadium and indoor venue attendance numbers.
Don’t know really.  It will hit so fast it’s difficult to know what will make a difference

If you want the latest info on omicron, then read this blog https://thezvi.substack.com/p/omicron-post-4,
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65091 on: December 6, 2021, 10:27:21 pm »
No positives on the horizon then.
It’s not inherently more deadly than delta, and there’s a chance it’s less deadly

It’s highly unlikely those with boosters will have serious illness

And at the end of the day, that’s the important bit.
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65092 on: December 6, 2021, 10:35:12 pm »
It’s not inherently more deadly than delta, and there’s a chance it’s less deadly

It’s highly unlikely those with boosters will have serious illness

And at the end of the day, that’s the important bit.
How long can it be viable for 40/50k cases per day be deemed as "ok" until they reintroduce further measures?

I hope boosters/ vaccination is the answer. Will be trying to go walk in center over the next week and get booster.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65093 on: December 6, 2021, 10:38:05 pm »
How long can it be viable for 40/50k cases per day be deemed as "ok" until they reintroduce further measures?

I hope boosters/ vaccination is the answer. Will be trying to go walk in center over the next week and get booster.

Yep, the case numbers and the increase will make it hard for the NHS. Am thinking now some more measures come back such as working from home, some reduction in non essential events etc.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65094 on: December 6, 2021, 10:43:41 pm »

It’s won’t be 40-50k for long, so don’t worry about those numbers..

I reckon we’ll be well well over 100k in January (speculation on my part rather than informed prediction btw)
W

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #65095 on: December 6, 2021, 10:45:42 pm »

I reckon we’ll be well well over 100k in January (speculation on my part rather than informed prediction btw)

Thing is Javid said as far back as July they expected case rates to hit 100k at some point - so the likelihood of the dial being changed by such numbers especially when its becoming clearer and clearer that the economic hit is more important to the government than anything else.

Gotta bribe those voters with tax cuts with an election looming in the not so distant.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #65096 on: December 6, 2021, 10:46:35 pm »
Hmm… yes, but it’s not utterly collapsing.
But cancer treatments for example are being delayed to the point that it's affecting our already shit mortality rates. Whilst not utterly collapsing it's about as strong as United's defence.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65097 on: December 6, 2021, 10:48:25 pm »
But cancer treatments for example are being delayed to the point that it's affecting our already shit mortality rates. Whilst not utterly collapsing it's about as strong as United's defence.

And there will be a greater backlog by the end of December.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65098 on: December 6, 2021, 10:48:58 pm »
Thing is Javid said as far back as July they expected case rates to hit 100k at some point - so the likelihood of the dial being changed by such numbers especially when its becoming clearer and clearer that the economic hit is more important to the government than anything else.

Gotta bribe those voters with tax cuts with an election looming in the not so distant.

Some restrictions will be back.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #65099 on: December 6, 2021, 10:49:36 pm »

The case number is less of a barometer than six months ago? Hospital numbers tick up with cases, but at a far lower rate now? Is 100k the new 50k, or the new 20k. Either lead to deaths sadly but there is a balancing act now. I guess there always is with health but it's never been in the spotlight so much.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #65100 on: December 6, 2021, 10:53:10 pm »
Some restrictions will be back.

I have no doubt they will be, I can't help but think that they need to happen sooner rather than later, but suspect they will - as always - be later. The cynic in me thinks January 3rd.

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65101 on: December 6, 2021, 10:55:59 pm »
I have no doubt they will be, I can't help but think that they need to happen sooner rather than later, but suspect they will - as always - be later. The cynic in me thinks January 3rd.

That seems about right. No way are they cancelling Christmas this year and there is only a week or so left of the school term. As long as schools remain open though that’s generally the most important thing.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #65102 on: December 6, 2021, 10:57:51 pm »

I think you will be proved right.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65103 on: December 6, 2021, 10:58:25 pm »
That seems about right. No way are they cancelling Christmas this year and there is only a week or so left of the school term. As long as schools remain open though that’s generally the most important thing.
Genuinely, schools have to remain open.. the mental health issues we are seeing from lock downs are horrific.  Never seen anything like it. And that’s before we even discuss child protection issues.

But you have to have staff in schools and kids in schools in order to do it. 
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65104 on: December 6, 2021, 11:01:05 pm »
Genuinely, schools have to remain open.. the mental health issues we are seeing from lock downs are horrific.  Never seen anything like it. And that’s before we even discuss child protection issues.

Yes I totally understand. But point being that sports, music and entertainment events, even non essential shops can be targeted to help ease the pressure. Everything needs to be looked at but schools cannot in terms of considering what to shut down.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #65105 on: December 6, 2021, 11:04:00 pm »

I wouldn't argue with that, I would say that for Delta though schools have likely been the major driver of cases, based on the age breakdown of those impacted.

So if schools are staying open (and they should) then it gets harder to push for other measures many of which will have pretty marginal impacts on infection but come with significant economic impacts, stuff like masking in public transport is a no brainer, but closing down or restricting parts of the economy is a bigger ask.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #65106 on: December 6, 2021, 11:04:50 pm »
I think you will be proved right.

The last two years have taught me about this government - don't expect anything until its too late.

The public are incandescent with rage with stories about just what the government was getting up to when putting the country into Tier 4. I think they fear civil disorder from a small but vocal chunk of the population if any restrictions come in this side of Xmas.

Will say this, I do think there needs to come a point when vaccine passports have to be seriously discussed in this country. That goes against everything I believe in, but we're getting to a point where that same chunk of the population are holding any progress back - and they are being aided and abetted by a government unwilling to take them on.

As for me, I'm heading into the office for the first time in 18 months on Thursday, need to have an Lateral Flow test done to get in, so as I take one before every visit to see mother - who's fitter and healthier than me - and my sister - who've both been DJd thankfully, that's not exactly a great chore, and I'm not going to be particularly sociable in the week before Xmas to minimise any risk to me or them.

I know of a handful of people who have had Delta so far, both off their kids, as schools are fertile breeding grounds for such a disease. We have to hope with the holidays coming up, that the rates go down just enough to help the health service - but I do fear for the coming few months.

« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 11:11:23 pm by Commie Bobbie »

DON'T BUY THE S*N

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65107 on: December 6, 2021, 11:15:06 pm »
Yep, the case numbers and the increase will make it hard for the NHS. Am thinking now some more measures come back such as working from home, some reduction in non essential events etc.
Some companies don't want hybrid working which baffles me.

Some are suggesting (rightly so imo) to avoid public transport and drive to work or WFH. The differences between different industries are vast.

Just seems like anytime there's "light at the end of the tunnel" it disappears again.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65108 on: December 6, 2021, 11:16:37 pm »

Hopefully not mate. I find these numbers both horrific & disgusting in equal measure.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65109 on: December 6, 2021, 11:18:56 pm »
Some companies don't want hybrid working which baffles me.

Some are suggesting (rightly so imo) to avoid public transport and drive to work or WFH. The differences between different industries are vast.

Just seems like anytime there's "light at the end of the tunnel" it disappears again.

Last winter was incredibly bleak but the vaccinations really changed the game. Mid to long term we will get there  and I am positive about that but in the short term and this winter things will be really tough. It was never going to just stop.

There are some things that we have to get on with and that’s why I mentioned schools. Every effort must be made and everything else sacrificed, be it non essential businesses, to ensure they don’t close.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 11:20:33 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65110 on: December 6, 2021, 11:41:54 pm »

Stick another zero on that for the real figure I would say. Though I think we’ll have changed our testing procedure by then and have reached a max threshold of infections we can identify - maybe around the 100k mark as you say. Vast majority of infections look likely to be asymptomatic or close to it. Hoping that gets confirmed over the next couple of weeks.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65111 on: December 6, 2021, 11:57:03 pm »

Yes if severity of symptoms continues to look relatively mild in SA, I think we are just going to let this rip in Dec, and see how things are looking in Jan.

Tory MPs are sounding pretty opposed to restrictions generally, even public opinion isn't as strongly in support of restrictions as it used to be, I don't think a "casedemic" is going to shift those opinions, only a dramatic increase in hospitalisations or deaths will, the problem with something spreading this fast is that by the time that hits its already too late to get the benefit of restrictions, as you already have a few more doublings built in.

We might get lucky, we might not, only time will tell, obviously there is an issue with trying to get good data on the Omicron wave from SA, which is a very young wave both in terms of how long its been going on for and the average age of people with the disease, I also haven't seen any info as to whether Long Covid is still an issue with less severe cases of Omicron

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65112 on: December 7, 2021, 12:14:54 am »

Thats true, not just cancer patients, but any screening (blood, heart, etc) either from GPs or hospitals are non existent now. God knows what illnesses and sickness people are ignoring or putting up with because its near impossible to get anything looked at without being on a long waiting list. People are resorting to using A&Es to get treatment, where you're probably behind 50 other people and a 12hr wait

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65113 on: December 7, 2021, 12:22:43 am »
Yes if severity of symptoms continues to look relatively mild in SA, I think we are just going to let this rip in Dec, and see how things are looking in Jan.

Tory MPs are sounding pretty opposed to restrictions generally, even public opinion isn't as strongly in support of restrictions as it used to be, I don't think a "casedemic" is going to shift those opinions, only a dramatic increase in hospitalisations or deaths will, the problem with something spreading this fast is that by the time that hits its already too late to get the benefit of restrictions, as you already have a few more doublings built in.

We might get lucky, we might not, only time will tell, obviously there is an issue with trying to get good data on the Omicron wave from SA, which is a very young wave both in terms of how long its been going on for and the average age of people with the disease, I also haven't seen any info as to whether Long Covid is still an issue with less severe cases of Omicron

It’s all complicated of course by our ongoing issues with delta. We’re just about entering the time when it began its continuous growth phase last year that continued until lockdown. Some hints it’s rising again so we can’t ignore it   It may require some interventions like a work from home guidance at the exact time media stories are all about a milder variant. That makes things tricky.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65114 on: December 7, 2021, 12:23:30 am »
Thats true, not just cancer patients, but any screening (blood, heart, etc) either from GPs or hospitals are non existent now. God knows what illnesses and sickness people are ignoring or putting up with because its near impossible to get anything looked at without being on a long waiting list. People are resorting to using A&Es to get treatment, where you're probably behind 50 other people and a 12hr wait

Sadly if you look at UK mortality stats at the moment, you can see we are getting higher excess mortality than can be explained just by official Covid death numbers.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65115 on: December 7, 2021, 12:27:25 am »
It’s all complicated of course by our ongoing issues with delta. We’re just about entering the time when it began its continuous growth phase last year that continued until lockdown. Some hints it’s rising again so we can’t ignore it   It may require some interventions like a work from home guidance at the exact time media stories are all about a milder variant. That makes things tricky.

Very true.

Not just an issue for us either a lot of Europe is in the same place, and it wouldn't be a shock if the US ended up in the same place as well.

Christmas is an unknown for us in terms of transmission as well, schools are closed and work travel reduced but other forms of social mixing are likely to be significantly higher.

I would imagine a lot of the reasoning behind Ireland bringing in restrictions for the Christmas period, is the horrific experience they had with Alpha last year which was introduced from the UK and utterly exploded from a low level over the Christmas period which was relatively unrestricted there.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65116 on: December 7, 2021, 07:25:36 am »

Think the variant this time last year was Alpha.  Delta landed here around Easter after government never added India to the ‘red list’, as Johnson was chasing a trade deal with Modi. It would’ve eventually landed anyway no doubt but that (non) decision sped its spread up.

Then of course as Delta spread how did we mitigate?  By relaxing most measures under government via media promoted ‘freedom day’.  It’s why cases have remained so high through Summer and since.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65117 on: December 7, 2021, 07:54:58 am »
Is there any reason to believe next winter or any winters after will be much different to this one?

The vaccines seem to have exceeded all expectations on how effective they are, and it doesn't sound like covid is going away.

And UK specifically we can't expect the NHS situation to improve under this government, and the next general election isn't until 2024.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65118 on: December 7, 2021, 08:11:39 am »
Is there any reason to believe next winter or any winters after will be much different to this one?

The vaccines seem to have exceeded all expectations on how effective they are, and it doesn't sound like covid is going away.

And UK specifically we can't expect the NHS situation to improve under this government, and the next general election isn't until 2024.

Despite the grim situation, its still better than last year. Next year we will have more boosters, more vaccinations, more treatments that it will probably better again. Winter is always bad for the NHS even pre Covid but the level of Covid severity has already gotten better and will continue to get better and more diluted as point of concern. At the moment we are still early in its life and thus restrictions are getting discussed.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65119 on: December 7, 2021, 08:12:14 am »

Only benchmark for a global pandemic we have (and generally it’s not within living memory) is Spanish flu.  It raged initially over a period of c2-3 years over 4 distinct waves.  It wasn’t ‘cured’ as such but arrived, done its thing (c50-100m dead) and then faded.  Of course there were no vaccines etc back then.