Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 123922 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #480 on: June 10, 2021, 06:44:49 pm »
Police have released an image of the hammer used in this brutal attack.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:00 pm »
^
 ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2021, 08:29:21 pm »
I read that too. I was expecting attempted murder charges going by the way the story was framed by the Manc Echo, but it appears the 'hammer' only managed to cause a swollen lip. Honestly, the Echo have totally lost the plot in recent years. It's no more than a localish tabloid now. Their website is appalling too.

The buses have always been dodgy. I know a driver who quit decades ago due to the violence. He was dragged out of his seat and had his head kicked in at Mann Island. It pretty much left him with PTSD.

I remember going into town on Saturday nights in the 80s, and that could be dodgy. I remember one night a gang got on in Kirkdale and walked straight past the driver without paying then went upstairs. There was all kinds of noise going on, then they kicked the windows in before all piling off at Juvenal Street. The driver just kept his head down.

A couple of years ago I was at Sir Thomas street waiting for a bus and some fella was there being really aggressive and terrifying a group of girls so much that they were going to not get on the bus because the fella was also boarding. It was night and it was dark, so I said to them to get on and I'd make sure they got home ok and I'd knock the twat out if he started on them on the bus. Anyway, it was fine and they got home ok, but it's pretty dodgy out there on public transport at times. The same could be said of travelling the Northern Line on Merseyrail, especially in summer when the loons were travelling to Formby. I've seen absolute mayhem on the train back in the day.

Absolutely spot on, its sadly not a new problem, its gone on for years. I have to use that 10A a lot of the time and really is a freak show on four wheels. Even worse, I used to go to the quiz night in the Jolly Miller with the lads a few years ago and I'd get the last 12 or 13 back to Page Moss. I'd literally dread going round Canny Farm because I was just waiting for the windows to go in.

As for that rag of an Echo, everything is just click bait to them nowadays, all sensational 'stories' to get people clicking on them.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2021, 09:17:02 pm »
I spent most of my life on the 10A route.  Let's say you meet some characters.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2021, 08:30:51 am »

Haha I could write a book about things I've witnessed on that bus. I live in Page Moss and work in Old Hall Street so its a necessary evil. One day a few years ago I'd had a really shit day in work and just wanted to go home. The 10A had got as far as Kensington, just past the Royal when some fella tried to get on with a blag ticket. The driver pulled him about it and the guy just lost the plot, screaming, foaming at the mouth, trying to pull the plastic screen open to get at the driver. The bus driver pressed some alarm and radioed for the police but he was like a man possessed. I shouted to him, "ay mate, theres kids on this bus, pay your fare or fook off!" but he didn't even acknowledge me, he was screaming and shouting. The hilarious thing about it, a group of three or four labourers were on the bus, went to the front, grabbed hold of him and gave him an old fashioned 'fish in the water' (do you all remember that in school) and literally threw him off the bus! :)

When I eventually got off in Page Moss I said to the driver, "are you alright mate?" and he was like, yeah thanks pal, happens most days. Grim.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #485 on: June 11, 2021, 02:36:37 pm »

Was it the 10A where some fella got stabbed with a screwdriver a year or two ago and they had to close Queen Square?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: June 11, 2021, 03:00:43 pm »
Absolutely spot on, its sadly not a new problem, its gone on for years. I have to use that 10A a lot of the time and really is a freak show on four wheels. Even worse, I used to go to the quiz night in the Jolly Miller with the lads a few years ago and I'd get the last 12 or 13 back to Page Moss. I'd literally dread going round Canny Farm because I was just waiting for the windows to go in.

As for that rag of an Echo, everything is just click bait to them nowadays, all sensational 'stories' to get people clicking on them.

There is also the other side of the coin for the drivers, don't come knocking if the bus is rocking ;) One young lad my Dad worked with had 8 students on the go at one time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: June 11, 2021, 08:25:40 pm »
Was it the 10A where some fella got stabbed with a screwdriver a year or two ago and they had to close Queen Square?

Couldn't say, mate. I've not needed the 10A at all for most of the past six years, and as I don't read the Echo I miss most of the local news.  Wouldn't surprise me, although I've seen fellas kick off at buses other than the 10A. 

Was on the 21 a few years back where a guy tried to get on after the bus pulled out the stop and he had a right proper gob on him.  He started walking up past St Georges Hall, clocked my bus stopped in the traffic near the lights, and sprinted across the road just to kick hell out of the doors and give it large to the female driver. Fucking knob. Hope he had to walk home the fucking scruff.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #488 on: July 22, 2021, 03:31:55 am »

My missus lived by the Bluebell before we got married. One Friday night I was waiting at the Bluebell for the last bus home, down to Page Moss to get the last 12. The bus rolled up, chocka with a crowd from the Hillside pub, I suppose, and there was a fight on the lower deck. The driver opened the door and the two lads spilled out onto the street to continue their scrap. I got on the bus as the fight continued. The driver then waited for the scrap to finish. Both of the lads, winner & loser, got back on the bus and we went on our way. The way the driver just took it all in stride, I guess it was a normal, everyday experience for him.
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: July 22, 2021, 08:59:59 am »
My missus lived by the Bluebell before we got married. One Friday night I was waiting at the Bluebell for the last bus home, down to Page Moss to get the last 12. The bus rolled up, chocka with a crowd from the Hillside pub, I suppose, and there was a fight on the lower deck. The driver opened the door and the two lads spilled out onto the street to continue their scrap. I got on the bus as the fight continued. The driver then waited for the scrap to finish. Both of the lads, winner & loser, got back on the bus and we went on our way. The way the driver just took it all in stride, I guess it was a normal, everyday experience for him.

Still better than walking it in that place mate. ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2021, 02:58:29 pm »
Anyone else have a blackout, over night?

12.30ish, all the house alarms went off, on our estate. Affecting dozens of houses. In L6, was talking with the neighbours in the street, at 1.00AM   this morning. power came back on about 1.45 ish.

I heared rumours L4, L5, L6 and L7, were all involved?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2021, 01:35:36 pm »
I'm L4 Anfield and I don't think so going by my freezer and stuff but not certain

Definitely on at 2am
We are a team of one half.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2021, 02:17:53 pm »
Yes the Bay Horse is still there. If you went in between 1987 and about 1992 our kid probably cooked your food. Don Luigi is still there as far as I know.

There is a greek I've been told to go to, intend to give that a try when we are allowed out again.
My aunty and uncle owned Quo Vadis. Shut now i think although i havnt seen them in a few years

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2021, 02:24:40 pm »

My Grandad and my dad worked on the buses for years. My grandad started before the war i think and my dad started straight from school in the early 60s till the late 80s. Was always coming home talking about nob eds on the buses. Was a handy fella me dad and didnt give a fuck how many there were but decided to leave after some gang got on one night in crosby by maccies and threw something in his face that nearly lost him his sight in one eye. Decided to take some sort of pay off and opened up a couple of shops.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2021, 01:57:21 pm »
Unfuckingbelievable.  :o

Liverpool builders paid nothing for over nine acres of land

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-builders-paid-nothing-over-21774096#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

USE THE APP.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2021, 02:00:24 pm »
Unfuckingbelievable.  :o

Liverpool builders paid nothing for over nine acres of land

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-builders-paid-nothing-over-21774096#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

USE THE APP.

See Len McCluskey's name mentioned. Wonder how many other of the great and good were involved.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2021, 12:25:24 pm »
I see there was another nasty crash on East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash early hours of Sunday. The roundabout where those three people were killed in April who had been drinking in The Deysbrook. Same set of circumstances, car hits the roundabout, bursts into flames. It was all closed off most of yesterday.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2021, 11:35:02 am »
I see there was another nasty crash on East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash early hours of Sunday. The roundabout where those three people were killed in April who had been drinking in The Deysbrook. Same set of circumstances, car hits the roundabout, bursts into flames. It was all closed off most of yesterday.
Someone at work told me that someone's been arrested for death by dangerous driving in the instance from over the weekend.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #498 on: October 19, 2021, 04:54:30 pm »

https://www.livpost.co.uk/p/liverpool-vaccination-gap

Comparable to other majors..

Manchester 55.1%

London (region) 58.4%

Liverpool 60.2%

Leeds 66.6%

Birmingham 55.5%

Newcastle 63.5%

Unsure how much credibility the site has.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #499 on: October 20, 2021, 10:12:21 am »
Does seem remarkably low. Most people I know in my age group have had two jabs, some have even started to receive boosters. Less than half are meant to have had it though?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: October 20, 2021, 11:52:38 am »
Does seem remarkably low. Most people I know in my age group have had two jabs, some have even started to receive boosters. Less than half are meant to have had it though?

When the first round of jabs came out my mate in Wirral his wife and two student sons dashed over to Liverpool because of a plea for people to be vaccinated because of a poor take up in the City. It looks like this laissez faire attitude has carried on.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
G7. LIVERPOOL
« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2021, 04:25:29 pm »
Allez Allez Allez.

• Legacy Fan
Re: G7. LIVERPOOL
« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59373529

Liverpol to host meeting of G7 foreign ministers in December.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2021, 07:03:37 pm »
380 tonnes of fly tipped waste cleared. How many lorry loads took the illegal waste in? >:(
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59830321

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2021, 08:04:36 pm »
380 tonnes of fly tipped waste cleared. How many lorry loads took the illegal waste in? >:(
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59830321

That is one bloody busy house clearance man with van doing that, about 350 or so runs in a Transit tipper. Used to knock about on that bit when we were kids, you wouldn't get anything much bigger than a Tranny up the hill to get on the bridge.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2021, 08:08:41 pm »
Big finds like that have been going on in Liverpool (and wider of course) for 25 years. It's big business.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2021, 11:56:05 pm »
It's shite but use the app..

'Covid deniers' storm hospital and accuse nurses of 'kidnap'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/covid-deniers-storm-aintree-hospital-22609545#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Uploaded the clip for yer..what the fuck really!!?? :o

https://streamable.com/o45ok3

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: December 31, 2021, 09:25:20 am »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/covid-deniers-storm-aintree-hospital-22609545#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

I've said in other threads why aren't the police arresting these arseholes? If for nothing else breach of the peace.

Getting sick of the blind eye turned to their 'protests'.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #508 on: January 5, 2022, 02:53:16 pm »

The quotes in the article  :butt

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #509 on: January 7, 2022, 10:16:01 am »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 7, 2022, 01:27:30 pm »
Tunnel tolls increase..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59880984

Find it incredible that you still can't get from the Wirral to Liverpool without paying somehow. Either pay to take your car through the tunnels, or the two bridges, or pay to take a train/ferry. How about making it easy to move about?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #511 on: January 7, 2022, 02:28:07 pm »
Find it incredible that you still can't get from the Wirral to Liverpool without paying somehow. Either pay to take your car through the tunnels, or the two bridges, or pay to take a train/ferry. How about making it easy to move about?

It's crazy yep.

There are 35 crossings on the Thames in London, 2 are tolled.
How many do we have and how many are tolled? 🤔

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: January 7, 2022, 03:26:02 pm »
It's crazy yep.

There are 35 crossings on the Thames in London, 2 are tolled.
How many do we have and how many are tolled? 🤔

The nearest untolled crossing is in Warrington.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 7, 2022, 11:02:42 pm »
Find it incredible that you still can't get from the Wirral to Liverpool without paying somehow. Either pay to take your car through the tunnels, or the two bridges, or pay to take a train/ferry.
To say it does my head in is an understatement. It's not just to go to Wirral, it's to go anywhere South without having to take the long way round.
It's a compulsory travel tax, wtaf.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #514 on: January 7, 2022, 11:07:36 pm »
I've always found it weird just how few options there were to go over the water. I mean if anything there needs to be another closer than Runcorn Bridge but more out of town than the tunnels - although do get the Mersey widens to 2 to 3+ miles in that section.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #515 on: January 7, 2022, 11:54:52 pm »
They'll never make it easier for vehicles to move about.If anything they'll make it harder as will be proven when they implement the clean air zone charge.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 8, 2022, 09:17:26 am »
They'll never make it easier for vehicles to move about.If anything they'll make it harder as will be proven when they implement the clean air zone charge.

It's not really about vehicle movement to me, its about people  being able to move. Ideally for me they wouldn't do it in individual cars, but at the moment that is the reality and also a different discussion. If you live on the Wirral and work in Liverpool, you pay at least £500 extra. Shopping in Liverpool is more expensive than going to Cheshire oaks because of the travel costs alone. That can't be good for anybody.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #517 on: January 8, 2022, 09:34:39 am »

It's not really about vehicle movement to me, its about people  being able to move. Ideally for me they wouldn't do it in individual cars, but at the moment that is the reality and also a different discussion. If you live on the Wirral and work in Liverpool, you pay at least £500 extra. Shopping in Liverpool is more expensive than going to Cheshire oaks because of the travel costs alone. That can't be good for anybody.

?   I live on the Wirral and travelling to Liverpool City Centre on public transport costs no more than when I lived in South Liverpool. 
« Last Edit: January 8, 2022, 09:38:13 am by Millie »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #518 on: January 8, 2022, 10:44:26 am »

Could be that Liverpool was just getting too big & too popular for its own good.
Managed decline an all that..

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 8, 2022, 11:34:59 am »
London travel is subsidised. Liverpool's ain't. Doesn't help that the number of cars in Liverpool over the past 60 odd years seems to have tripled, whilst the number of roads in the city centre has halved in the same period.

You only have to look at Lime Street to wonder what kind of thinking drives the planning in this city. Because if anybody involved thought it would improve traffic flow, then I have a tunnel to sell them.

Popcorn's Art