Author Topic: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool  (Read 72648 times)

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ben “Ben” Davies signs for Liverpool
« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2021, 08:36:58 pm »
Mad really, the lad has been injured all this time yet the thread is full of utter helmets posting shit about him and making up theories. ''He was on loan at Southport'' swear to god some of you lot should be on fucking Grand Old Team.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #481 on: May 27, 2021, 09:16:58 pm »
Mad really, the lad has been injured all this time yet the thread is full of utter helmets posting shit about him and making up theories. ''He was on loan at Southport'' swear to god some of you lot should be on fucking Grand Old Team.

They were only joking, to be fair to them.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #482 on: May 27, 2021, 09:26:02 pm »
he exists!

Maybe the plan is for Ben to be the 5th choice centre back after all  :P

I mean you're saying it but that may be a cardboard cutout

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #483 on: May 27, 2021, 09:59:06 pm »
I mean you're saying it but that may be a cardboard cutout

Looks like the same photo shopped thumbs in that mock up of Hames on that private jet.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 28, 2021, 02:51:36 am »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 28, 2021, 09:48:39 am »
He is off according to Reddy. Played some cracking games for us, will be missed.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #486 on: May 28, 2021, 10:28:10 am »
He is off according to Reddy. Played some cracking games for us, will be missed.

James Pearce's piece in The Athletic is different:

Ben Davies didn’t play a single minute after his move from Championship club Preston North End for an initial fee of £500,000 midway through the season. The 25-year-old defender has been told that Klopp sees parallels with how Andrew Robertson needed months to adjust to the team’s style of play when he arrived from Hull City in the summer of 2017.

Liverpool aren’t currently looking to off-load Davies, who will be assessed along with Phillips and Williams in pre-season before decisions on their futures are made. Much will depend on what kind of shape Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip are in, and whether they are properly fit to start the new campaign when it kicks off on August 14.

It'd makes sense to at least give him a shot in pre-season, even if ultimately as a shop window.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 28, 2021, 01:02:13 pm »
You should spend 5 minutes on twitter.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: July 16, 2021, 09:19:15 am »
Is he visible in training photos then? Does he really exist?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: July 16, 2021, 09:33:29 am »
Players reporting for pre-season training on July 12

James Milner, Adrian, Ben Davies, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ibrahima Konate, Joel Matip, Nat Phillips, Divock Origi, Ben Woodburn, Rhys Williams, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kostas Tsimikas, Caoimhin Kelleher, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Taiwo Awoniyi, Marko Grujic, Harvey Elliott, Loris Karius, Takumi Minamino, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson, Marcelo Pitaluga, Harvey Davies, Billy Koumetio, Owen Beck, Kaide Gordon, Mateusz Musialowski, Tyler Morton, Conor Bradley.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sartorial

• Kemlynite
« Reply #490 on: July 16, 2021, 10:29:25 am »
Good luck to the lad
This is Spider……he’s replacing you

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #491 on: July 16, 2021, 11:26:48 am »
Can't wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt this Pre-Season. The mystery of Ben Davies coming to an alpine village near you.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #492 on: July 16, 2021, 11:47:35 am »
Really want him to at least get a few games so we can see how he measures up.  If we do end up selling him without giving him a chance, think that'll be disappointing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2021, 12:02:54 pm »
Ironically seemed to spend most of his time injured after joining us last year. Good to see him fit and joining in pre-season.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2021, 04:13:01 pm »
I can see him! He's in the training session!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: July 16, 2021, 04:43:05 pm »
Might just be hologram Ben Davies though, can't be too sure.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: July 16, 2021, 05:10:52 pm »
The two Scarlett pimpernels  him tymikcas .or what ever his name is (

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2021, 03:11:06 am »
I’d like him to be a success. It would be a good story, similar to Nat.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #498 on: July 17, 2021, 04:03:45 am »
Well if you count Hendo and Fab hes our ninth choice cb at the moment so hes got a pretty uphill task.

for all that he was more than competent in the championship he would probably put in a shift if you called on him.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #499 on: July 21, 2021, 05:00:06 pm »
Well if you count Hendo and Fab hes our ninth choice cb at the moment so hes got a pretty uphill task.

for all that he was more than competent in the championship he would probably put in a shift if you called on him.

It's incredible the injuries we had at CB last season:

Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip - all serious long-term injuries that kept them out most of the season
Fabinho - missed a month or two with an injury after going off injured at CB
Henderson - missed the last few months of the season after going off injured at CB
Phillips - a few niggles kept him out of some games
Kabak - missed the run-in with an injury
Davies - fitness/injury problems kept him sidelined since signing
Koumetia - seemed to be injured a lot

Did we actually keep Rhys Williams fit?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2021, 09:44:49 pm »
He's alive and well then )

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #501 on: July 22, 2021, 10:58:29 pm »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2021, 01:57:56 pm »
It's incredible the injuries we had at CB last season:

Van Dijk, Gomez and Matip - all serious long-term injuries that kept them out most of the season
Fabinho - missed a month or two with an injury after going off injured at CB
Henderson - missed the last few months of the season after going off injured at CB
Phillips - a few niggles kept him out of some games
Kabak - missed the run-in with an injury
Davies - fitness/injury problems kept him sidelined since signing
Koumetia - seemed to be injured a lot

Did we actually keep Rhys Williams fit?

Think Williams was actually somewhat injured leading into the final game and didn't train in the days leading up to it but was just about ok on the day.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2021, 02:54:10 pm »
Think it's just going to be League Cup for him. Unless we have major injuries again/outperforms the rest in training.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: July 23, 2021, 04:12:38 pm »
Getting paid to have a little kick abouts with Mane and Salah, with perks of a free season ticket and aways, throwing in euro away trips. Not bad for some, not bad.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2021, 04:31:31 pm »
Travelled back to the UK for personal reasons, not thought to be anything transfer related.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #506 on: July 23, 2021, 05:10:35 pm »
Travelled back to the UK for personal reasons, not thought to be anything transfer related.

Aww, bloody hell.  He can't get a bit of luck, can he?

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: July 23, 2021, 05:13:26 pm »
I think he might be a double 0. It is the only thing that makes sense at this point.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 05:36:40 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #508 on: July 23, 2021, 08:59:11 pm »
Pay me £20k+ or whatever he's on per week and I wouldn't give a flying one whether I played or not..
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: July 25, 2021, 12:43:20 pm »
Getting paid to have a little kick abouts with Mane and Salah, with perks of a free season ticket and aways, throwing in euro away trips. Not bad for some, not bad.

To be honest, I feel pretty torn about that. He was a main player at PNE, he was important and needed on the pitch. Their fans were so happy for him when he got signed by us. Now he can't get a game and often not even on the bench.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #510 on: July 25, 2021, 12:49:24 pm »
To be honest, I feel pretty torn about that. He was a main player at PNE, he was important and needed on the pitch. Their fans were so happy for him when he got signed by us. Now he can't get a game and often not even on the bench.

He wasn’t goint to stay at PNE anyway, it was here or Celtic.

But he was injured last season too, so that didn’t help.

No doubt -a weird transfer though, being as we where desperate for defenders, to buy one on the cheap that clearly was going to have to take an almighty step up, was a bit odd. We already had defenders who needed training time to help them adjust in Williams and Nat. So they then signed another! But maybe it was with a long term view of getting one in on the cheap and have him ready for this season as 5th choice.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #511 on: July 25, 2021, 02:41:25 pm »
Pay me £20k+ or whatever he's on per week and I wouldn't give a flying one whether I played or not..

Always hate comments like this. I’m pretty sure she seems like seems like the kind of lad that wants to play

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: July 25, 2021, 05:31:38 pm »
Always hate comments like this. I’m pretty sure she seems like seems like the kind of lad that wants to play

Yes, to suggest that he's happy to take his money and do f all is not only presumptive but disparaging based on no evidence. Not all transfers work out and given the hug Jurgen gave him before he played last week at least the manager his some regard for the guy.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: July 25, 2021, 09:26:13 pm »

Totally legitimate, except Davies is an actually professional footballer, so absolute crap
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: July 25, 2021, 09:40:46 pm »
Yes, to suggest that he's happy to take his money and do f all is not only presumptive but disparaging based on no evidence. Not all transfers work out and given the hug Jurgen gave him before he played last week at least the manager his some regard for the guy.

Yeah.  As a professional footballer, he's hardly going to be sitting around on his arse all day playing Xbox.  You're constantly working/training to maintain your fitness, physique, stamina, conditioning, developing your skills and your footballing brain.  I can imagine any young professional who is putting all that effort in but not getting the opportunity to test themselves would find it very frustrating, no matter how much money they're earning.

It's not like some journeyman player or a merc who is just happy to phone his performances in every week because he knows he's hit his ceiling.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #515 on: July 25, 2021, 09:53:39 pm »
Disrespectful to Ben Davies to think of him as a mercenary, he came to better his career. Something hasn't worked out and we don't know all the details bar the injury, but thinking he's a money-grabber is just disrespectful.

I have the feeling that he has a role to play and will not be sold this summer. We'll likely start with a Matip-Konate CB partnership while VVD and Gomez are eased up. God forbid an early injury to Matip (which won't be a huge surprise) and we would turn to Ben.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: July 25, 2021, 10:04:00 pm »
Disrespectful to Ben Davies to think of him as a mercenary, he came to better his career. Something hasn't worked out and we don't know all the details bar the injury, but thinking he's a money-grabber is just disrespectful.

I have the feeling that he has a role to play and will not be sold this summer. We'll likely start with a Matip-Konate CB partnership while VVD and Gomez are eased up. God forbid an early injury to Matip (which won't be a huge surprise) and we would turn to Ben.
Quite right. If he's been bought as an alternative and everyone stays relatively fit, he probably won't play.
But that's not his choice or first thought, Liverpool have created that situation buying him in the first place, not his problem
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #517 on: July 26, 2021, 01:00:26 am »
He was injured and it was a hellish situation where introducing a player from the championshio could very well have ended badly and destroyed his confidence.

Hence it's quite untrue to say the transfer hasn't worked out. Some of you have no patience and would have blown a fuse every season in the old days when players were bought and not seen again for ages and yet would eventually go on to have significant careers at the club.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: July 26, 2021, 07:22:25 am »
He was injured and it was a hellish situation where introducing a player from the championshio could very well have ended badly and destroyed his confidence.

Hence it's quite untrue to say the transfer hasn't worked out. Some of you have no patience and would have blown a fuse every season in the old days when players were bought and not seen again for ages and yet would eventually go on to have significant careers at the club.

Now its a different situation as he is pretty much 5th or 6th choice but we did buy him with the intention to use him straight away. He didnt work out at the time.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2021, 08:11:27 am »
He was injured and it was a hellish situation where introducing a player from the championshio could very well have ended badly and destroyed his confidence

We did play a teenager from non-league football though, so if Davies had been fit surely he would have played.