Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1456294 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year, UEFA Player of the Year
« Reply #9400 on: July 15, 2021, 01:46:08 pm »
Klopp made this meaningless with his interview the other day ;D looks like the club will slowly integrate him back into pre-season training because he's only doing single sessions rather than double sessions right now but I'd still be surprised if he didn't start the first game of the season.

same.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9401 on: July 15, 2021, 02:09:42 pm »
Wonder if he'll only be playing once a week for the first third or so, just to ease him back in.  Same with Joe.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9402 on: July 15, 2021, 02:28:12 pm »
He should become a vegan.
He'll just eat plants, that's what they're for
Won't touch no eggs, nor meat no more
A pasta bowl, is what he likes
He's Vegan Van Dijk
He's Vegan Van Dijk
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9403 on: July 15, 2021, 02:34:48 pm »
He's Vegan Van Dijk
He's Vegan Van Dijk

lol.

(I can't wait for the first rendition of the real version this season)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9404 on: July 15, 2021, 03:43:19 pm »
He's Vegan Van Dijk
He's Vegan Van Dijk

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #9405 on: July 17, 2021, 11:06:39 pm »
Klopp made this meaningless with his interview the other day ;D looks like the club will slowly integrate him back into pre-season training because he's only doing single sessions rather than double sessions right now but I'd still be surprised if he didn't start the first game of the season.

Good to read you're optimistic from what you've seen. Quietly buzzing from just seeing him with the rest in training. Judging from him calling journos out for fibbing about him, he seems in a good place all round.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9406 on: July 17, 2021, 11:08:25 pm »
Virj calling out some dickhead journo on twitter over an article that he's leading a revolt against the Dutch FA wanting Van Gaal back as manager.  :D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9407 on: July 17, 2021, 11:10:01 pm »
Virgil clearly in the mood and taking no prisoners this season.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9408 on: July 17, 2021, 11:11:42 pm »
ha nice one, good to see so called journalists called on their bullshit.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9409 on: July 18, 2021, 12:03:00 am »
Virgil clearly in the mood and taking no prisoners this season.

Clearly prepared to separate the wheat from the chaff...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9411 on: July 26, 2021, 01:26:13 pm »
Should get a few minutes on Thursday…! (According to Klopp)

Oh yes… the boss is back.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9413 on: July 26, 2021, 01:38:54 pm »
Virgil van Dijk in contention for Reds return v Hertha BSC

James Carroll in Austria
@James_Carroll84

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Virgil van Dijk could make his return from long-term injury in Thursday's friendly with Hertha BSC in Innsbruck.

The defender, who hasn’t played since undergoing knee surgery last October, may feature during the fixture against the Bundesliga side at Tivoli Stadion in a game you can watch live on LFCTV GO.

The manager revealed Joe Gomez is also close to returning to action after both players made positive steps forward during their rehabilitation at the Reds’ Austria training camp.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com at the team hotel, Klopp said: “I hope, I am not sure, that there is the opportunity that Virgil could play a few minutes.

“He looks really good in training and maybe we can bring [him in], but I need to have some final conversations. He looks ready and we will see.”

The manager continued: “If you see the games now as part of their rehab training, that makes sense.

“Joey is very close. There is no race between the two of them; they had different injuries and stuff like this, but [he is] very close.

“If Virgil can play now 20 then probably Joey can in the game after. We will see. In training they both look really good.

“I think from time to time there are some pictures of them from training sessions and everyone can see how good it looks, but there is no rush for us. It is not about they now need five pre-season games to be ready for the start or whatever.

“It is a long season and we prepare them after these very, very serious injuries for the rest of their careers and not for the first game of the season.

“Losing a little bit of patience for them to return as a supporter or as a coach even is not bad, it just means they were pretty good and we want them to be back in the team.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438955-van-dijk-and-gomez-jurgen-klopp-fitness-latest
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 01:42:32 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9414 on: July 26, 2021, 01:53:02 pm »
Fantastic news! I know I'll be shitting it every time he touches the ball or another player though ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #9415 on: July 26, 2021, 01:58:28 pm »
Can’t wait to see these majestic cross field passes  :lickin

Fingers crossed it all goes well. Also joe Gomez isn’t far behind him. Scheduled to play mins in the friendly after hertha

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9416 on: July 26, 2021, 02:22:20 pm »
I know Van Dijk doesn't rely on his pace but how many years do you think his pace will still be at it's peak before we notice a decline in his speed?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9417 on: July 26, 2021, 02:41:34 pm »
Joey

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9418 on: July 26, 2021, 02:48:07 pm »
Fantastic news! I know I'll be shitting it every time he touches the ball or another player though ;D

I'll just be shitting it in the next derby!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9419 on: July 26, 2021, 05:23:02 pm »
It sounds as if Joe Gomez is very close as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9420 on: July 26, 2021, 05:35:54 pm »
I'll just be shitting it in the next derby!

Not as much as Pickford.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9421 on: July 26, 2021, 07:10:50 pm »
It sounds as if Joe Gomez is very close as well.
I think we should all refer to him as just "Joey" now as per the boss  ;D

It's working out really well that we can ease them both back in and not have to particularly worry about one or both being at it for the first game due to having top quality alternatives.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9422 on: July 26, 2021, 07:39:21 pm »
Just seeing Virg back in a red shirt will give us and the players a massive boost. Can't wait to see him back.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9423 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:11 pm »
The players must hate those inside-training vids where they are scrutinised getting off the coach , just to go training. But boy is it good to see the man looking so calm and part of it all.  Good words from Klopp too, it's not about getting him ready for the season, but for the rest of his career. 
Can we clone the pair of them?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9424 on: July 27, 2021, 05:08:26 pm »
I think we should all refer to him as just "Joey" now as per the boss  ;D

It's working out really well that we can ease them both back in and not have to particularly worry about one or both being at it for the first game due to having top quality alternatives.

Suits me just fine.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #9425 on: July 27, 2021, 05:50:15 pm »
Suits me just fine.  ;D

I'm not sure anyone told Gomez life was going to be this way.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9426 on: July 27, 2021, 05:51:48 pm »

I'm not sure anyone told Gomez life was going to be this way.
How YOO doin?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9427 on: July 28, 2021, 08:52:15 am »
Excellent news....VVD and Big man Joey being able to play this season will be massive for us if they can stay fit. One of my biggest fears of this season

I am onboard with either of them not being rushed back however
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Virgil Van Dijk - IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!
« Reply #9428 on: July 28, 2021, 12:24:51 pm »
Rumours that the Red Arrows are doing a fly-by when he re-enters the pitch this week...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9429 on: July 28, 2021, 12:28:53 pm »
Rumours that the Red Arrows are doing a fly-by when he re-enters the pitch this week...

To be honest I'm fully expecting angels to fly down and hover around him playing harps as he plays.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #9430 on: July 28, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »
To be honest I'm fully expecting angels to fly down and hover around him playing harps as he plays.
Quite possibly

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9431 on: July 28, 2021, 02:54:34 pm »

We're signing Di Maria? Never thought I'd see the day we'd be signing United rejects!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #9432 on: July 28, 2021, 06:09:45 pm »
was quickly trying to find that banner that was made for Kiev i think that had LFc red arows with mo,bobby and Sads on it, you all know the one.
So on that note having our 3 red arrows flying past the big man is not entirely unthinkable
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9433 on: July 28, 2021, 06:52:35 pm »
was quickly trying to find that banner that was made for Kiev i think that had LFc red arows with mo,bobby and Sads on it, you all know the one.
So on that note having our 3 red arrows flying past the big man is not entirely unthinkable
That was stonecold_jpm

Flag has arrived for Kiev!  :D :D

He made up for it with his next ones. ;D

E0-B14-C2-A-4-DA1-43-BC-9462-306512-D80-B94" border="0
B40-B29-AA-4689-4-EFE-B2-F9-2-EE5544038-B2" border="0
81-BFC796-F166-484-D-B732-3027-DBB06209" border="0
D4364264-8156-4678-819-C-04-EE0-B9-B01-CD" border="0

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #9434 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:11 pm »
The players must hate those inside-training vids where they are scrutinised getting off the coach , just to go training. But boy is it good to see the man looking so calm and part of it all.  Good words from Klopp too, it's not about getting him ready for the season, but for the rest of his career. 
Can we clone the pair of them?

Hope we get the regens of both

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9435 on: July 28, 2021, 07:10:55 pm »
There’s one player in the league who is undisputed as being the best player in their position in the world.

That player is Virgil Van Dijk.

Welcome back you beautiful bastard.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #9436 on: July 28, 2021, 08:05:00 pm »
Hope we get the regens of both
Philip Regen?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #9437 on: July 28, 2021, 08:13:24 pm »
according to talkshite hes not even prem top 5 anymore  :lmao

Stones Silva Verane Slabby and Dias are all much better apparently.

ooookey dokey then.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9438 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:11 pm »

ooookey dokey then.

I'd take a one legged Virgil on crutches over most of that lot.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9439 on: July 28, 2021, 08:27:07 pm »

ooookey dokey then.

Wait Maguire nowhere on that list, I call fake.