Author Topic: Jari Litmanen  (Read 88297 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jari Litmanen
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2009, 08:42:14 pm »
because keane can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. oftentimes from irish fans. to compare litmanen with keane, and the way they were both used by their manager, is unfair in my opinion

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2009, 08:47:27 pm »
because keane can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. oftentimes from irish fans. to compare litmanen with keane, and the way they were both used by their manager, is unfair in my opinion

"He did fuck all as Robbie Keane." im dont know what juice you are on, but to me that statement shows his lack of support for Keane, not exactly saying "Keane can do no wrong".

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2009, 08:50:57 pm »

why would you call me Irish then?  :D

I said Litmanen did fuck all as Keane. I don't particularly like either. I have no reason to.

Litmanen wasn't ruined by anyone here in Liverpool, he simply was not good enough to play week in week out.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2009, 08:55:06 pm »
Litmanen is pure class just came to liverpool at 31 rather than 25-28

even now he can find space and work his magic against players with more fitness, stamina and pace

I watched the game just to see him play and i wasn't disappointed

btw bellamys a class-less twat
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:58:09 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2009, 09:12:38 pm »

Litmanen was horrendously injury prone though, didnt he fall down in a game for Finland against England (at Anfield, IIRC) with no one near him and break his arm thus ruling him out for the rest of the season??
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:04 pm »
Houllier got some things wrong but this wasn't one of them.

come on do you really believe what your saying  jari was ruined by houllier he didn't use him properly and lets get it right it wasn't the only player ruied by houllier .

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2009, 12:06:59 am »
id have to agree with the sentiment that Houlier didnt utilise Jari well,
I remember wishing he was in the starting 11 so many times, but i think it came to Houliers reluctance to play positive football.. oh well, i think judging by the affection showed by fans on this forum, we all believed in him..

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2009, 12:12:31 am »
Litmanen wasn't ruined by anyone here in Liverpool, he simply was not good enough to play week in week out.

Litmanen wasn't good enough? You having a laugh? He was injured a lot while at Liverpool and unfortunately he has been injured too much through his career. Houllier didn't know how to use him and how to get best out of him. He should have been treated in a different way but you saying that he wasn't good enough tells you know fuck all. At his prime Litmanen would have walked in to any team in the world and still at 38 he is class. Football genius.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2009, 12:15:11 am »
He was outstanding against Wales on Saturday, fantastic. At 38 he's still got it in him. What a player.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2009, 01:37:57 am »
Litmanen wasn't good enough? You having a laugh? He was injured a lot while at Liverpool and unfortunately he has been injured too much through his career. Houllier didn't know how to use him and how to get best out of him. He should have been treated in a different way but you saying that he wasn't good enough tells you know fuck all. At his prime Litmanen would have walked in to any team in the world and still at 38 he is class. Football genius.

He simply wasn't good enough to command a starting place in the first team.

We had Owen, Heskey, Fowler and Anelka at times during the 01-02 season. Hardly surprising he was never first choice, for all his specialness his holy highness wasn't as good as them ( definitely not anywhere near Fowler or Owen that time) and rightly I will add didn't start in the first team with these men in the team.

Why should he have been treated any differently anyway?

The fact he was a fan and was a good player in Holland means jack shit and draws parallel with the special Robbie Keane thing. Keane scored 3 goals in 2 games against Arsenal and Bolton and he was dropped for the Newcastle game. Dirk a player who hadn't scored for over 2 months started up front and we won, I don't see anyone bashing Rafa for it.

Litamanen scored in few games I remember and people were going crazy of him being dropped but he was only in the team in the first place cause Owen was injured and we played 4-5-1 with Heskey up front alone for some games. Only natural he would be dropped when Owen returned to full fitness.

I don't care who or where he would have walked into, he certainly did fuck all with us and can't say I give him much thought, he was just another player. Milan fucking Baros and Cisse contributed more than Litamanen ever did but we don't go about claiming they were great and fuck Rafa for not using Cisse as a forward etc etc?

If anyone got some personal preference fine but don't let that cloud your thought. He simply and I mean simply was not good enough by the time and was injured anyway, what like 40-50 played in like 4-5 years.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2009, 02:32:25 am »

Heskey was a better player on form? ::)
thats your blurry eyes talkin, Heskey is akin to Pele

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2009, 02:34:51 am »
thats your blurry eyes talkin, Heskey is akin to Pele

Are people really that delusional?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2009, 02:38:34 am »
Are people really that delusional?
hehe , im talking about this guy that plays for west brom !! :D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2009, 02:39:15 am »
hehe , im talking about this guy that plays for west brom !! :D

I'm lost and also half pissed.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2009, 02:43:36 am »
I'm lost and also half pissed.
this guy... http://www.wba.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10366~36899,00.html

and there is no need to be half pissed when u can be fully pissed :P

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2009, 02:45:10 am »
this guy... http://www.wba.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10366~36899,00.html

and there is no need to be half pissed when u can be fully pissed :P

He's shite.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2009, 02:47:03 am »
He's shite.
he sure is :D

damn u tho, i wish i had beer...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2009, 02:49:25 am »
he sure is :D

damn u tho, i wish i had beer...

Me too. ;D

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2009, 07:05:08 am »

We had Owen, Heskey, Fowler and Anelka at times during the 01-02 season. Hardly surprising he was never first choice, for all his specialness his holy highness wasn't as good as them ( definitely not anywhere near Fowler or Owen that time) and rightly I will add didn't start in the first team with these men in the team.

The fact he was a fan and was a good player in Holland means jack shit and draws parallel with the special Robbie Keane thing. Keane scored 3 goals in 2 games against Arsenal and Bolton and he was dropped for the Newcastle game. Dirk a player who hadn't scored for over 2 months started up front and we won, I don't see anyone bashing Rafa for it.

Litamanen scored in few games I remember and people were going crazy of him being dropped but he was only in the team in the first place cause Owen was injured and we played 4-5-1 with Heskey up front alone for some games. Only natural he would be dropped when Owen returned to full fitness.

I don't care who or where he would have walked into, he certainly did fuck all with us and can't say I give him much thought, he was just another player. Milan fucking Baros and Cisse contributed more than Litamanen ever did but we don't go about claiming they were great and fuck Rafa for not using Cisse as a forward etc etc?

If anyone got some personal preference fine but don't let that cloud your thought. He simply and I mean simply was not good enough by the time and was injured anyway, what like 40-50 played in like 4-5 years.

::)

Litmanen is one of the most naturally gifted players to ever play for LFC imo. It didn't work out, but I tell you something, had he been at the disposal of Evans he'd have been a legend. Don't believe this rubbish about Jari not being good enough for Ged's side. Ged didn't like players with strong personalities who expressed a different view. This is where he and Jari fell out. And once you fell out with Ged you were history.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2009, 08:46:41 am »
oh dear.

Ruined in what way?

He wasn't capable of being on the pitch for full 90 minutes and a shadow of his own self. You thought he was coming here first choice? I'd swear he scored like 300 goals and played 500 games by some peoples unbelievable worship of him. He did fuck all as Robbie Keane.

Houllier got some things wrong but this wasn't one of them.

Oh how wrong you are. To see why, read the full thread..the answers are there.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2009, 08:53:03 am »
who ever the poster was saying jari wasn't good enough should have a long hard look at themselves he never got a proper chance with houllier , the negative system houllier deployed required heskey who which he also ruined to play in other positions . jari was a top international forward  and i wish we had a younger jari now .

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2009, 10:53:43 am »
What a load of bollcks. Jari scored crucial goals for us such as v Valencia away.

Yeah, thank God he scored that goal agaonst them in the Ajax Tournament! ;)

Sure you ween't thinking of Leverkeusen Phil?!

As for Jari, I remember him best for trying to tee up Fowler in the 5-0 v Palace when Robbie had been going through a bit of a lean spell. He was awesome when he had time and space but definitely very injury prone by the time he joined us.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2009, 11:07:51 am »
Yeah, thank God he scored that goal agaonst them in the Ajax Tournament! ;)

Sure you ween't thinking of Leverkeusen Phil?!

As for Jari, I remember him best for trying to tee up Fowler in the 5-0 v Palace when Robbie had been going through a bit of a lean spell. He was awesome when he had time and space but definitely very injury prone by the time he joined us.

Yes Leverkusen, I was pissed at 2.30am. I do apologise.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2009, 11:29:00 am »
Yes Leverkusen, I was pissed at 2.30am. I do apologise.

On a Sunday night? You rebel.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:28 am »
On a Sunday night? You rebel.

Yes rebellious indeed and am suffering for it right now. Never again etc.

Offline buchigo!

• Legacy Fan
  • okay javier but i'm only on loan... for sure no?
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2009, 11:55:19 am »
what club does he play for now?
Finish the job sir. Come back when we deserve you.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2009, 12:09:19 pm »
Litmanen's skills were too exotic for Houllier unfortunately. He much preferred players who cocked up in predictable ways to a maverick talent whose mistakes stood out simply because they were so rare. It was typical of Ged that he blamed Litmanen for a defeat at Southampton (I think) and basically decided that night never to play him again. I think he probably regrets that now.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sean Mac Eggman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2009, 12:25:24 pm »
The King Litmanen, as he is in Finland, has again come back from the dead to starting line up of Finland. 21 mins and keeper sent to wrong way from the spot.  :wave

Finland playing against Bulgaria.

Finland:
Peter Enckelman, Juha Pasoja, Roman Eremenko, Teemu Tainio, Mikael Forssell, Jari Litmanen (C), Joonas Kolkka, Toni Kuivasto, Veli Lampi, Toni Kallio, Jonatan Johansson.

Bulgaria:
Dimiter Ivankov, Zhivko Milanov, Aleksander Tunchev, Igor Tomashich, Mihail Venkov, Stilian Petrov, Stanislav Angelov, Velizar Dimitrov, Blagoj Georglev, Martin Petrov, Dimitar Berbatov.

where the fuck is big Sami?!
Twitter - RandomBaghead

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2009, 12:29:55 pm »
where the fuck is big Sami?!

Injured.

Where's Tihinen and Jaaskelainen?

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2009, 01:18:22 pm »
what club does he play for now?

FC Lahti.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2009, 02:36:25 pm »

^I've just read probably the biggest shite in RAWK ever IMHO and won't even bother to start replying.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 02:42:43 pm by Jaska »

Offline Jaska

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2009, 02:41:42 pm »
Thoughts on Bellamy, Jaska?
Did you mean his interview after the match?

The things he said are simply disgraceful. Every player should respect the opponent and its players.

Then again, Bellamy is a rare breath of fresh air considering his honesty but he just happened to go too far. I like him as a player though, especially his commitment.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2009, 03:11:17 pm »
^I've just read probably the biggest shite in RAWK ever IMHO and won't even bother to start replying.  ::)

Agreed. Nonsense.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »
Probably If thats the attitude you will take, I don't need to bother with it anymore either I guess.

How is it shit? Cause it goes against one of your favourite players? Litmanen did fuck all with Barcelona and by the time he was fit to play again for us, he was nowhere near his old self. I strongly emphasized at that time. He simply was not good enough anymore and yes Heskey used to be a brilliant player and was better than Litamanen and the team had the tried and tested formula of Owen/Heskey up front which worked as you'd see we did very good that season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2009, 03:13:25 pm »
Litamanen

At least spell his name right ffs.  ::)

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:01 pm »
oh sorry for the spelling mistake great Phil M.

Offline Jaska

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2009, 03:15:34 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/football/user_ratings/0,19768,11065_2938997,00.html

The classy Jari Litmanen split the Welsh defence with a clever through-ball and Wayne Hennessey was easily beaten after racing from his line.
Litmanen, the former Ajax and Liverpool playmaker, may be 38 but he can still pick a pass and find space to work in, and he certainly punished Wales with his precision, particularly for the first-half Johansson goal.

BBC:
Jonatan Johansson put Finland ahead two minutes before the break, capitalising on Jari Litmanen's neat through-ball.
But Litmanen, the oldest player on the pitch at 38, was instrumental again two minutes before the break as Finland opened the scoring.
His inch-perfect through-ball found Hibernian's Johansson who poked the ball past the onrushing Hennessey and in off the post.
Wales had clearly been rocked and were lucky not to be further behind on the stroke of half-time.
Litmanen was again involved in a move that ended with the ball at Forssell's feet in the box.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:19:08 pm by Jaska »

Offline Jaska

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2009, 03:18:20 pm »
Probably If thats the attitude you will take, I don't need to bother with it anymore either I guess.

How is it shit? Cause it goes against one of your favourite players? Litmanen did fuck all with Barcelona and by the time he was fit to play again for us, he was nowhere near his old self. I strongly emphasized at that time. He simply was not good enough anymore and yes Heskey used to be a brilliant player and was better than Litamanen and the team had the tried and tested formula of Owen/Heskey up front which worked as you'd see we did very good that season.
In the LFC.tv forums there were statistics years ago, that whenever Litmanen played, we scored something like >2 goals per game and conceded less than one goal/game. When he wasn't playing, we conceded something like 1,3 goals/game and scored way less than 2. Very very gutted that I didn't copy and save that post. Said all.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »
If he has turned things around it is great news but he wasn't good enough to command a starting position in our team in 2002. Considering the talent we had then, it wasn't really surprising he wasn't first choice.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2009, 03:22:05 pm »
oh sorry for the spelling mistake great Phil M.

Least you got something right.  ;)

If he has turned things around it is great news but he wasn't good enough to command a starting position in our team in 2002. Considering the talent we had then, it wasn't really surprising he wasn't first choice.

I think you're only here on the wind up or are you really that clueless?

Jari was coveted by the biggest clubs when we signed him, I don't know how old are you are
or where you're from but your memory doesn't seem to be serving you too well.
Jari suffered from a series of mostly niggly injuries which contributed
to his shortage of appearances for us, also Houllier was unable/unwilling
to change our formation/attacking style to accomodate Jari's mercurial
talents, when he played he almost always made an impact and scored some crucial goals.
Heskey and Owen had a superb partnership in 2001, and there was no
place for an 'in the hole' player with our tried and tested 4-4-2 at the time.
Houllier was defensively minded and despite most Reds dreaming about the type of football we could play with Litmanen in the side, unfortunately we only got to see him in a Red shirt on far too few an occasion.