Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046292 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15720 on: February 27, 2021, 06:28:24 pm »
Fell out with two mates almost a year ago, trivial and probably my fault but blame on both sides.

Do I be the bigger person and reach out, or do I carry on with my own life.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #15721 on: February 27, 2021, 07:09:26 pm »
Fell out with two mates almost a year ago, trivial and probably my fault but blame on both sides.

Life coaching question that one. A lot depends on a) why you use the phrase "bigger person" and b) if you feel that not reaching out  makes you any less of a person and c) do you think that carrying on with your own life without resolving this might later present you with regret or remorse or some niggling feeling of emptiness?

Also, what would your motive be for reaching out - to prove yourself as "the bigger person", to resolve the differences and repair the relationship or to clear the air so you can all either move on freely without emotional baggage or become friends again? What's the goal here?

PM if you want to take this deeper, away from the public gaze :wave (I actually am a coach......)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #15722 on: February 27, 2021, 07:16:27 pm »
Life coaching question that one. A lot depends on a) why you use the phrase "bigger person" and b) if you feel that not reaching out  makes you any less of a person and c) do you think that carrying on with your own life without resolving this might later present you with regret or remorse or some niggling feeling of emptiness?

Also, what would your motive be for reaching out - to prove yourself as "the bigger person", to resolve the differences and repair the relationship or to clear the air so you can all either move on freely without emotional baggage or become friends again? What's the goal here?

PM if you want to take this deeper, away from the public gaze :wave (I actually am a coach......)

Cheers mate, I will PM you actually if you don't mind.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15723 on: February 27, 2021, 10:20:24 pm »

Depends how arsed you are with them. Fell out with my Dad because he voted Leave and I called him a dickhead the day after the referendum. He said he wouldn't speak to me until I apologised. He's a tit my Dad, never there for me from when we were kids, so not arsed about not seeing him any more. He still sees my kids so that does for me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #15724 on: February 28, 2021, 12:24:53 am »
you bastard you had me looking this up on a lovely day like today  :no

both examples site the slang came from the fictional cartoon character

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_police-related_slang_terms#D

see English: dibble3 here

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/dibble

Thank you, apologies for keeping you indoors (where you should be anyway...) ;D
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15725 on: February 28, 2021, 07:42:26 am »

Great insight as I did the same with a friend from uni.

The thing I fell out with him about was small and trivial (though it was really the final straw in a list of things).

A few of our mates have said things like "let bygones be bygones" or a similar sentiment but I can honestly say I've no interest in seeing him again and I've not regretted it for a second.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15726 on: February 28, 2021, 06:04:59 pm »
I recently fell out with my uncle (he's always been a dickhead and everyone in my town knows what he's like) and my mum keeps saying to say hello when I see him, be the bigger person etc. Like fuck am I doing that. He's a genuinely bad person, always picking arguments with people and being petty for no reason other than to stir shit up, no way am I greeting him or showing any kind of friendliness. I've always been nice to him and look where that's gotten me. Sometimes you got to teach people a harsh lesson, otherwise they'll walk all over you.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15727 on: March 1, 2021, 07:29:09 am »
*disclaimer* no offence to any drug users on here  :wave

i fell out with my cousin who got into weed then harder stuff

i tried to help him initially but he just didn't want to stop

he ended up borrowing money and not paying it back

stealing money from family - even breaking into their houses - and denying it to their faces

he would pass his kids around leaving them with anyone including other drug-users

he would only care about himself or being down at the bookies or doing drugs with his 'mates'

when he died of a drug and alcohol 'incident' i didn't even shed one tear

i refused to go to his funeral - that was a big shock in the family - but i have never regretted it

he didn't show anyone else any respect and i didn't want to hear the old crap of 'how such a loving father he was' or 'he was a lovely lad' - he wasn't, he was and still is a tit and let's just say that if there's a heaven and a hell then he won't need a warm coat

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15728 on: March 3, 2021, 05:11:54 pm »

Underneath your custom title butchering persona, you are actually a decent bloke Jim .  Don't let anyone tell you any different :)

My RAWK Favicon on my Chrome toolbar has changed to a shitty generic one

How do I get  the old one back?

cheers

RAWK Favicon is back.  All Hail Ben S.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15729 on: March 3, 2021, 05:17:53 pm »
Underneath your custom title butchering persona, you are actually a decent bloke Jim .  Don't let anyone tell you any different :)
:lmao still don't remember why yours was changed........must have a look......and thanks, means a lot to get unsolicited feedback like this. I gave Andy some advice - he seems like a decent bloke 'n all......lots of decent people on here, made some great friends in 14 years. Oh and some of youse are not half as scary in real life as you are on here - some, like, not all....... ;D

(edit - yours was changed on May 22, 2013, at 4:55:09 pm, by me, can't be arsed checking that far back ;) )
« Last Edit: March 3, 2021, 05:19:37 pm by 24∗7 »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15730 on: March 3, 2021, 05:56:17 pm »
:lmao still don't remember why yours was changed..

King Kong Balls, The Walnut Whip and getting wet for you I can't remember.

Other:

I suggested changing my name via Deedpoll to my actual car reg plate, so I didn't have to fork out for a private registration.  (Stolen from Viz to be fair)
Chopper didn't like me referring to trabs as trainers
You started calling me Peat instead of Pete
Forked out a small RAWK donation to Bob Kurac in 2005 to become a RAWK supporter and nothing ever since. (Sorry Rawk)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15731 on: March 3, 2021, 08:25:47 pm »
Mortgage blacklist?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15732 on: March 5, 2021, 06:58:44 pm »
Has anyone used the pyrolytic function on their oven? I'm sceptical due to the extreme heat.. is it actually safe? What could make it unsafe?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #15733 on: March 9, 2021, 10:21:21 pm »
What is 'redandwhitekop's position on free speech? 
dios esta buena

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15734 on: March 10, 2021, 08:36:13 am »

don't be vague - what do you want to say?
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15735 on: March 10, 2021, 10:07:17 am »
On this site or in general everyday life?
If it’s on here then free speech doesn’t apply.
It’s a paid for forum so you go along with the moral guidance of the site owners or find somewhere else.
Hope that helps  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15736 on: March 10, 2021, 10:12:10 am »
Having spent some time on here now and knowing a few of the mods of the site I don't think it's much different to everyday life in that you are free to say whatever you want on the site, however there are consequences to what you say if they are sexist, racist, xenophobic, etc which isn't always the case in everyday life

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15737 on: March 10, 2021, 10:18:59 am »

Simple - you can say absolutely anything you like, whenever you like. If we don't like it, we can do absolutely anything we like, whenever we like - it's our site.

When you create a profile, it's not yours. It's ours still. You're a guest here.

We have general guidelines, yes, we also have 'red lines' on certain behaviours, like most places.

At the end of the day, it's a privately-owned platform moderated by like-minded and trusted-by-the-owners people.

We don't have a policy or a manifesto as such, neither do we make it up as we go along. The general rule should be if you think it's not appropriate to post something, probably best not to post it. With freedom comes responsibility.

Hope that helps.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15738 on: March 10, 2021, 10:19:39 am »
Prob also worth knowing that whilst the site attracts a global user base it’s moral compass is well and truly Liverpool based.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15739 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:28 am »
Prob also worth knowing that whilst the site attracts a global user base it’s moral compass is well and truly Liverpool based.

That's a good point.

We're not Tories
We're not I'm alright Jack fuck you
We're outwards not inward looking
We back the players, we don't abuse them
We back the Manager (Owls don't count)
We don't constantly bitch and moan about the club.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15740 on: March 10, 2021, 11:27:45 am »
i once got a whole year ban just for writing 'everton are playing really well'

...shit, i just wrote it again so before they ban a second time can i jus.....

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #15741 on: March 10, 2021, 04:11:28 pm »

Just to add to what 24/7 said....

Freedom of speech generally means that your *government* can't stop you saying things. Anybody else can shut you down whenever they feel like it, if they're in a position to do so.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15742 on: March 10, 2021, 07:05:22 pm »
May have been asked..no idea why 25 year olds are getting the vaccine before others, 2 of me lads mates have been offered it..no underlying in either..heard of others saying the same thing.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15743 on: March 10, 2021, 07:09:18 pm »
May have been asked..no idea why 25 year olds are getting the vaccine before others, 2 of me lads mates have been offered it..no underlying in either..heard of others saying the same thing.
I'm 32 and got offered it before my parents who are in their fifties. I've never had any health issues so no idea why I got it so early.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15744 on: March 10, 2021, 07:18:18 pm »

My gf’s brother got it due to his job (he goes into old/vulnerable people’s houses) and he’s 21 with no underlying.

There is often a reason for it, even if it’s just a case of getting lucky and knowing someone who gets you a last minute one from what gets left over at the end of the day.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15745 on: March 10, 2021, 07:39:06 pm »
I'm 32 and got offered it before my parents who are in their fifties. I've never had any health issues so no idea why I got it so early.

Maybe the person in the NHS doing the bookings is an avid Rawk reader and saw your username and thought you deserved it

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15746 on: March 10, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »
Maybe the person in the NHS doing the bookings is an avid Rawk reader and saw your username and thought you deserved it
That's got to be it I think

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #15747 on: March 11, 2021, 03:48:00 pm »
O.K.  Thanks.  I have nothing further to add....
dios esta buena

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15748 on: March 11, 2021, 05:18:22 pm »
Anyone know anywhere in Liverpool which do puppy socialisation sessions?

Once he's had his second vaccine towards end of March I'm wanting to get him to meet as many other dogs as possible from a young age so he's well socialised.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15749 on: March 11, 2021, 07:03:10 pm »
Once he's had his second vaccine towards end of March I'm wanting to get him to meet as many other dogs as possible from a young age so he's well socialised.

People are going to be furious when they find out dogs are getting their second jab in March before many people get their first.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15750 on: March 11, 2021, 07:11:44 pm »
People are going to be furious when they find out dogs are getting their second jab in March before many people get their first.  ;D

Dogs are more deserving than most humans  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15751 on: March 11, 2021, 07:34:23 pm »
O.K.  Thanks.  I have nothing further to add....
..... which you're free to do. Or not do :D

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #15752 on: March 18, 2021, 02:26:08 pm »
Are Al and Craig the same person
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15753 on: March 18, 2021, 02:28:01 pm »
Are Al and Craig the same person

Yes

and no.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15754 on: March 18, 2021, 03:08:19 pm »
Yes

and no.

Only because FSG are too cheap and beneath running the club, on account of being estate agents...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15755 on: March 18, 2021, 09:11:11 pm »
Anyone know anywhere in Liverpool which do puppy socialisation sessions?

Fayes Doggie Boutique, Craig mate. ON FB I believe.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15756 on: March 18, 2021, 09:20:14 pm »
Fayes Doggie Boutique, Craig mate. ON FB I believe.

Excellent, ta!

Only found one other place doing them currently and they’re slow getting back to me.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15757 on: March 19, 2021, 04:07:39 pm »
I need to change my bank and as I've been with the same one for over 20yrs I've no clue as to which one.

I don't need anything spectacular, just a basic account with a debit card, to pay direct debits, no overdraft but it must have a proper app facility where I can private message the bank when I need info etc, transfer cash, manage my own standing orders and generally manage everything online.

Has anyone any experience of any of the newer online only type banks rather than traditional high Street ones?  Would anyone recommend the post office one, Nationwide as I'd like to be supporting small local enterprises?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15758 on: March 19, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »
See if the Co-op still do one called Cashminder. I've had that since 2011.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #15759 on: March 19, 2021, 05:32:58 pm »
See if the Co-op still do one called Cashminder. I've had that since 2011.

Yes they do , noticed it the other day as we need to change banks as ours has decided to shut down ( M&S)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.