Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 110461 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #800 on: January 21, 2019, 01:16:21 pm »
Smash Bros is addictive af. World of Light is great and the game is full of content.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: January 21, 2019, 02:54:42 pm »
The old finances seem to be better than I thought too - might treat myself to Zelda or Smash Bros
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: January 24, 2019, 03:57:02 pm »
The old finances seem to be better than I thought too - might treat myself to Zelda or Smash Bros

Can’t go wrong with either, both brilliant with hours and hours of fun. I’d say if you’re going to have people to play with occasionally go for Smash first, otherwise if it’s just fun on your own that you’re after get Zelda first.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: January 25, 2019, 10:49:35 pm »
Just couldn’t get into zelda at all.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: January 28, 2019, 11:54:21 am »
I went for Smash Bros - no idea what I'm doing other than mashing buttons! :)

Is there any sort of back catalogue of old SNES games?
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #805 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:09 pm »
NES games are available if you have an online subscription, talk is that SNES games are on their way.

They’ve ballsed up their old title availability really. It could be another system seller.
AHA!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: January 28, 2019, 12:29:51 pm »
Metroid 4 cancelled.

Nintendo not happy with the direction it was going so are going to redo it from scratch.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:22 pm »
Anyone played the Bayonetta games? Thinking of picking them up, you can buy the second one and get a code for the first for ~£40. Still seems a bit pricey for such old games but they're on all the lists of top games for the Switch.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: January 29, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »
Anyone played the Bayonetta games? Thinking of picking them up, you can buy the second one and get a code for the first for ~£40. Still seems a bit pricey for such old games but they're on all the lists of top games for the Switch.

I played the second one on Wii U and it was really fun. I was shit at it though tbf. Might be really good if you could actually play it properly ;D

Still on Zelda on Wii U, won't be getting a Switch til I've dispatched that.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:45 am »
NES games are available if you have an online subscription, talk is that SNES games are on their way.

They’ve ballsed up their old title availability really. It could be another system seller.

Wouldn't mind that too much, provided the games are good. Guess they needed this service of older games to give their subscription costs some substance, its cheap but is very bare bones. At the very least some kind of store discount for being a member?

Given that the Dolphin emulator is beyond superb for Gamecube (and Wii) games, along with easily available GC converters and controllers for the switch, would love to see GC games next. Happy to pay good coin for some of those titles. Have a suspicion they wont be making a GC mini.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: January 30, 2019, 01:58:56 pm »
Would love N64 and GameCube games to be added like the NES games.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: January 30, 2019, 04:44:43 pm »
I played the second one on Wii U and it was really fun. I was shit at it though tbf. Might be really good if you could actually play it properly ;D

Still on Zelda on Wii U, won't be getting a Switch til I've dispatched that.

Yeah I loved the Devil May Cry games etc. so it looks similar to that gameplay wise. Think I’ll shop around see if I can get it a bit cheaper but will inevitably get it at some point.

That would be amazing.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: February 1, 2019, 09:55:08 pm »

Apparently there’s reference within some code that SNES games and games from 2 more past consoles are coming to the online subscription, if that’s the case then I reckon there’s a good chance for N64 and perhaps GameBoy titles.

With the original Metroid Prime developers in tow now. Can only be a good thing. I'd rather wait another couple of years for a 10/10 game than be eternally gutted about a sub-par one.

Nintendo confirmed there’s an unannounced game coming in 2019. Retro who are now making Metroid Prime 4 we’re working on an unknown game before moving onto MP4. People have been guessing they’re linked and it’s a new F-Zero game.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #813 on: February 4, 2019, 10:49:29 am »
Planning to buy a Switch, just for one game essentially. Super Smash Bros ultimate, which unfortunately is not available on PS4 and most likely will never be!

Why are Switch games so bloody expensive compared to PS4 and Xbox One games?!
Phuk yoo

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: February 4, 2019, 11:31:46 am »

Smash Bros sold 12M in 3 weeks so I guess they would say the price was right! For me, I just know the likes of Mario / Smash / Zelda are going to be of the highest quality because of Nintendo's track record, so I don't mind splashing out for them.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #815 on: February 6, 2019, 01:12:55 pm »
Planning to buy a Switch, just for one game essentially. Super Smash Bros ultimate, which unfortunately is not available on PS4 and most likely will never be!

Probably because Nintendo gamers buy less games but play them more. My original Wii + Zelda , with two of us playing worked out at less than a fiver an hour for entertainment. Compare that to an Everton half season ticket....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #816 on: February 13, 2019, 07:26:43 pm »
Direct tonight at 10, some pretty big rumours of announcements, new 2D Zelda, Starfox racing game, Pikmin remaster, new/remaster Mario Maker. And...SNES games.

We’ll probably end up with fuck all. I just want a new F-Zero.
AHA!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: February 14, 2019, 09:41:03 am »
Direct tonight at 10, some pretty big rumours of announcements, new 2D Zelda, Starfox racing game, Pikmin remaster, new/remaster Mario Maker. And...SNES games.

We’ll probably end up with fuck all. I just want a new F-Zero.

Just got an e-mail about it.

Mario Maker 2, Links Awakening, new fire emblem, dragonquest 11 remaster all coming to switch.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: February 14, 2019, 09:43:36 am »
Is Mario Maker any good?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #819 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:54 am »
Tetris 99 available now for free too. Quite possibly the most obvious genius idea, essentially a battle royale Tetris.
AHA!

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #820 on: February 14, 2019, 10:52:26 am »
Is Mario Maker any good?

Depends what you want. I played a lot of the one on Wii U and personally had a really good time both creating and playing levels. It took a long time for me to move on from it but I will atest to being a massive 2-D Mario fan.

If you want to just play some fun levels and have a good time I would say that Nintendo still makes them better (Which is fair enough I guess!), but if you're in the mood for something a bit different, I couldn't reccomend it much higher.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2019, 04:18:01 pm »
Cheers lads. I'll be sure to pick it up when it's released.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: February 16, 2019, 07:13:21 pm »
Tetris 99 available now for free too. Quite possibly the most obvious genius idea, essentially a battle royale Tetris.

It's so addictive. It's got that "just one more..." quality to it, I can't seem to stop playing it.  Still haven't won though, once it gets into the top 20 I start to fall apart usually

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:50 pm »
Rumour is that ‘Scalebound’ the cancelled Xbox exclusive is now going to be a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: March 15, 2019, 11:51:17 pm »
might have to get a switch.

Zelda Links Awakening on Gameboy is in my top 5 favourite games of all time. really want to play a re-mastered version of that masterpiece.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: March 16, 2019, 11:19:33 am »
Tetris 99 is addictive as fuck.

Highest finish is 10th though.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: March 16, 2019, 01:52:10 pm »
Yeah Tetris continues to be the game I play most lately.  Have been able to win a few now too. One game went on for about 45 mins when there were just two of us left! I lost my concentration eventually and lost. (I have a feeling something was bugged because hardly any junk lines seemed to appear.)

might have to get a switch.

Zelda Links Awakening on Gameboy is in my top 5 favourite games of all time. really want to play a re-mastered version of that masterpiece.

Yeah I can't wait for that. It was the first Zelda game I played when I was about 9 and it was a huge deal for me. I played it so much that I felt like I knew every line of dialogue at some point, so I can't wait to play it again with a new look.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #827 on: March 20, 2019, 05:18:44 pm »
Cuphead is coming to the Switch next month with Xbox Live support.

Crazy when it is a Microsoft published game, hopefully more games come over!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:20:40 pm by AndyMuller »

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: May 31, 2019, 11:18:35 am »
Tetris 99 - love it!

However, I have no idea what I'm doing or how it works! Like randomly I'm clearing loads of lines, then next thing i get 10-15 lines of grey bricks and its game over! What?

Also - need recommendations for a new game or two thats relatively cheap. I'm loving the smaller indy titles - are there any hidden gems out there?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #829 on: June 3, 2019, 10:23:11 pm »

It's more sophisticated than you would think. Have a look on YT for how to score heavily and knockout other players. It's not immediately obvious.

Loving Shakedown Hawaii at the moment - it's about £14. Think GTA Vice City realised as old school top down GTA with 16-bit graphics and an epic synth-y soundtrack.

Castlevania collection is excellent - 8 games for £15

A lot of people loving American Fugitive, although it's waiting for a new patch to fix some frame rate issues which were flagged on Reddit. You're a 1980s prison fugitive and you've got to re-establish your criminal connections to survive - kind of sandboxy like GTA.

And finally Katana Zero - if you've not played it then you really must check it out. I think this is the best Indie released for the Switch so far.

Thanks for this post. I appreciate the time and effort.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: June 6, 2019, 10:32:44 am »
So the Pokemon Sword/Shield Direct has finally convinced me to get back into Pokemon and pick up a Switch, I think I read there'd be at least one updated model out this year, think they'll provide an update at E3?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #831 on: June 6, 2019, 11:01:14 am »
Seems likely.

As ever, I’m hoping for a new F-Zero.
AHA!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: June 7, 2019, 08:00:08 am »
So the Pokemon Sword/Shield Direct has finally convinced me to get back into Pokemon and pick up a Switch, I think I read there'd be at least one updated model out this year, think they'll provide an update at E3?

im not the world's greatest pokemon fan but they are looking seriously good, definitely going to be picking up sword, the legendary looks awesome.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:11 pm »
Switch Lite announced. Pure handheld device retailing for £199. Feels too close to the price of it's bigger brother and has the same battery life.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: July 12, 2019, 02:12:04 pm »
Switch Lite announced. Pure handheld device retailing for £199. Feels too close to the price of it's bigger brother and has the same battery life.

I’ll still be buying a standard one this Christmas. Apparently there’s a minor internal revision on the standard version too. The idea of a Pro seems far away now, so I may as well get on with it.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: July 14, 2019, 09:35:11 pm »
Is there any hope of a Mario Kart being released for the Switch? I’ve got 9 deluxe but that’s just a port from the Wii U.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2019, 01:46:33 pm »
Is there any hope of a Mario Kart being released for the Switch? I’ve got 9 deluxe but that’s just a port from the Wii U.
Little sign of it.
Think they’re happy with MK8 Deluxe for now. Only weirdos like me had a Wii U so it’s new for most anyway.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: July 21, 2019, 09:56:28 pm »
Little sign of it.
Think they’re happy with MK8 Deluxe for now. Only weirdos like me had a Wii U so it’s new for most anyway.
Loving super Mario galaxy on our Wii u. Zelda up next. Then I might think switch...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: July 22, 2019, 10:00:47 am »
Loving super Mario galaxy on our Wii u. Zelda up next. Then I might think switch...

Switch at Christmas for us. Me and the lad have been snail pacing our way through Zelda on Wii U. 85 hours in, it's been amazing.
Few more games to finish off by Christmastime and then looking forward to some new stuff.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: July 22, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »
Switch at Christmas for us. Me and the lad have been snail pacing our way through Zelda on Wii U. 85 hours in, it's been amazing.
Few more games to finish off by Christmastime and then looking forward to some new stuff.

oooh , what else are you playing ? Mind me asking how old the lad is (got an 8 and 5 year old as an excuse to play games, and a 21 year old, but that's a tougher gig).

I'm hoping the nearness in price of the new console is signalling a drop in regular switch price before birthdays in October...