Author Topic: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)  (Read 10414 times)

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2023, 11:26:13 am »
Played this yesterday for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it. Bit confusing with the spells for a while I thought.

My hands are fucked today though, this arthritis is getting worse.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2023, 01:54:16 pm »
Played this yesterday for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it. Bit confusing with the spells for a while I thought.

My hands are fucked today though, this arthritis is getting worse.
Get ready for more mate! There's loads of different things you need to learn and master. I highly recommend making use of the spell sets when you get your talent points!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2023, 01:54:53 pm »
Just seen this. The absolute nerd in me wants to buy this straight away, but I might wait for a price drop.

https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/art-and-making-of-hogwarts-legacy-exploring-the-unwritten-wizarding-world-9781526659910/
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2023, 07:43:19 pm »
Gave up on this after a couple of hours.  Just runs like complete shite on my PC, regardless of most settings such as resolution, FSR, shadows etc.  One of the worst optimised games I've seen in a long time and it doesn't even look that great.  For comparison, I can run Far Cry 6 (which looks far better) at 2K maxed-out settings on my system no problem. Hogwarts won't even run smoothly at 900p, upscaled with RSR to 1080p.   

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2023, 11:56:02 pm »
Just rolled credits on this. Have really enjoyed it and ended up spending about 45 hours in it. Proper throwback to my childhood loving Harry potter so I spent hours just exploring. Pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2023, 12:09:09 pm »
So completed this over the weekend and yeah it’s a lot of fun and a must for HP fans.

There are some obvious improvements which would need to be made for future sequels (better more varied dialogue, more interaction, greater story variety) but the good thing is they don’t need to change the world at all; it’s gorgeous! The combat is also great so they have the fundamentals ready to go, it’s just the aforementioned points which stop this being a top tier game.

Wish list for a potential sequel would be to use the Common Rooms more, they look fantastic but they’re empty shells, something more like the camp in RDR2 would be great; play games, random chats, customise it etc. Also more ‘Hogwarts’ stuff like, classes, the train would be good to do

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2023, 09:35:36 am »
Finally got round to playing this after getting through some of my backlog. Really good fun and an amazing world.

Don't love the control system re the various spells, I can't be bothered to reallocate spells to certain to certain slots when I need to do something new (beasts, fight, explore etc). Appreciate it's quite tricky though to come up with a way of being able to deploy twenty different spells at once.

I love Hogwarts and Hogsmeads and the Forest is really well realised, but I can't really be bothered to explore the wider world - it seems largely like a bunch of fairly similar small villages with shops selling basically the same things and the odd quest and collectable.

I'm guessing I'm about half way through and I'll certainly play it all the way through, though I can't be bothered to be tracking every field guide page, demiguise etc. Just feel like pointless fetch quests.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2023, 03:45:12 pm »
It half price at the moment. Is it worth getting? I read all the books and watched all the films to be culturally aware more than anything. I don't think I'm really a Harry Potter "fan".

Is it worth getting?

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2023, 03:49:43 pm »
I think this game was grossly overrated the story and voice acting are shite. The open world is boring and full of endless collectibles with not much to do. The best part is Hogwarts and the nearby areas. A tighter game, kind of like Bully Rockstar, focusing mostly on the school, for the sequel will be much better
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2023, 04:15:02 pm »
It half price at the moment. Is it worth getting? I read all the books and watched all the films to be culturally aware more than anything. I don't think I'm really a Harry Potter "fan".

Is it worth getting?

Half-price would be worth it I'd say. The main story itself is about 15-20 hours depending on your difficulty level, plus another 10 hours or so of running around for side quests and collectibles. The story isn't exactly the best ever and you figure out much before the ending what's about to happen, but if you go in with realistic expectations you'll have a good time
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2023, 04:22:36 pm »
Thanks for that. Doesn't sound that compelling.

I have recently got Cyberpunk 2077 and only dabbled, so I think I'll get Phantom Liberty, which is less than Hogwarts.

Cheers!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2023, 05:01:43 pm »
Phantom Liberty is something I want as well. Still not sure whether to get it in this sale or the next one with hopefully a bigger discount. Finished the base game so not too arsed about going back so soon.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: February 9, 2024, 03:59:40 pm »
Started this the other day and think I've changed a setting which is really bothering me...

Outside of cutscenes the characters are blue and all interactable things are yellow. Is this something I've managed to turn on?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 9, 2024, 04:07:49 pm »
Started this the other day and think I've changed a setting which is really bothering me...

Outside of cutscenes the characters are blue and all interactable things are yellow. Is this something I've managed to turn on?

Are you sure you're not playing the Smurfs by mistake?

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 9, 2024, 04:20:58 pm »
Are you sure you're not playing the Smurfs by mistake?

;D

I could be - spent an hour playing and felt like 45 mins of that was cutscenes! Smurfs would have been better.
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2024, 10:38:00 am »
Turns out I had "High contrast gaming" turned on!