Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers.  (Read 34177 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Brendan Rodgers.
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
I only came on here to sign your petition, then I got carried away reading your thoughts on Rodgers and Hammerstein, err, Allen.... Joke, just a joke... apologies in advance.
No worries - and thanks for signing the petition.
You'll enjoy the place more if you do more than have a go at your exes though :wave

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 12:18:56 pm »
Needs some time and understanding.
My only fear is the owners shorthanding him with both money and patience.

The money isn't really an issue for me, what's key is that should FSG not 'over fund' the transformation of sytem/philosophy or whatever todays buzzword is, is that he's allowed the time it needs to coach the new system.
As long as we see progress come the end of the season they should have no complaints, I just hope they don't expect us to be 'knocking it around' like Barcalona on a mid table budget. Because it won't happen, I'm sorry but that's just the way it is, heartbreaking I know for a lot on here.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »
It's very simple the 2econd coming, either you offer something to the forum and you stay, or you do the opposite and you'll leave. It has nothing to do with not being made of sterner stuff, it's the same on every forum.

As for Rodgers, I like him. He has much to learn, but he seems willing to learn. I'd rather have that than someone with little to learn, but too stubborn to learn it. I just get the feeling Rodgers rarely will make the same mistake twice.

Offline The 2econd Coming

• Copperopolis Tosser(opolis) with a case of the Mumbles
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »
Personally I think we would've struggled big time had Rodgers stayed with us this season. His big play was to buy Siguurdson but even with him in the side we were getting found out end of last season.

Rodgers leaving and taking Joey with him has arguably saved our season as the signings Laudrup's made are perhaps the best players we've ever seen at Swansea. Pablo Hernandez, Ki and Michu have, to quote Rodgers, been outstanding and I'm afraid those types of players would never have been on his radar.

I notice you made very few passes for a Rodgers side v Wigan? If memory serves me right it was somewhere in the low 400's? How come? Allen too, he only made something like 30 or 40? Maybe you're preparing a "longer" game for us, he'd know we don't like it up us.

Interesting also to see how Joey will stand up to some stick, he'll not have encountered that before in his career?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
Rodgers leaving and taking Joey with him has arguably saved our season as the signings Laudrup's made are perhaps the best players we've ever seen at Swansea. Pablo Hernandez, Ki and Michu have, to quote Rodgers, been outstanding and I'm afraid those types of players would never have been on his radar.

Laudrup's signings have been fascinating. You'll find a fair bit of respect and time for Laudrup over in the general football forum. But I'm not too concerned about it just being the manager's responsibility to find players - he just (haha) has to be able to identify ones from those the scouts find who'll fit in with what he's trying to do (hopefully they're good scouts...). There's obvious advantages to bringing in a manager who has knowledge of different leagues already, at least in the short term, but with the right set-up around the manager and good scouting it's hardly a fixed advantage. We certainly saw Rodgers go for players who he knew for sure could do what he wanted of them this summer just gone. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens going forward in terms of where we're looking for players.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:52:36 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »
Laudrup's signings have been fascinating. You'll find a fair bit of respect and time for Laudrup over in the general football forum. But I'm not too concerned about it just being the manager's responsibility to find players - he just has to be able to identify ones from those the scouts find who'll fit in with what he's trying to do. There's obvious advantages to bringing in a manager who has knowledge of different leagues already, at least in the short term, but with the right set-up around the manager and good scouting it's hardly a fixed advantage. We certainly saw Rodgers go for players who he knew for sure could do what he wanted of them this summer just gone. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens going forward in terms of where we're looking for players.

Our recruitment is now heavily reliant on the scouting team. They'll be bringing in players that fit into Rodgers' style but also the financial model of FSG. Next two windows will be interesting, they are very, very busy right now

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 01:47:56 pm »
Personally I think we would've struggled big time had Rodgers stayed with us this season. His big play was to buy Siguurdson but even with him in the side we were getting found out end of last season.

I notice you made very few passes for a Rodgers side v Wigan? If memory serves me right it was somewhere in the low 400's? How come? Allen too, he only made something like 30 or 40? Maybe you're preparing a "longer" game for us, he'd know we don't like it up us.

Interesting also to see how Joey will stand up to some stick, he'll not have encountered that before in his career?

You have some interesting views, Laudrup is an experienced manager and because of who he is, he can attract decent players to Swansea which maybe Rodgers possibly may not have done, even now if a player wnated to join liverpool but then swansea come in for him, then Laudrup possibly mioght win the race, the gap between the 2 clubs is not that great on the pitch according to the league table, even though we have a far superior squad.
I hope any signings that we make are not with the greatest respect from Swansea (maybe michu,hernandez.) or players such as Jason Puncheon or that ilk ! its difficult to attract star quality if the club is not in CL or if Manager is not well renowned.

Right now any player joining the club will also think that maybe there are another 8-10 clubs with simlar potential outside the big 5, and competition will be tough.
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 02:06:39 pm »
You have some interesting views, Laudrup is an experienced manager and because of who he is, he can attract decent players to Swansea which maybe Rodgers possibly may not have done, even now if a player wnated to join liverpool but then swansea come in for him, then Laudrup possibly mioght win the race, the gap between the 2 clubs is not that great on the pitch according to the league table, even though we have a far superior squad.
I hope any signings that we make are not with the greatest respect from Swansea (maybe michu,hernandez.) or players such as Jason Puncheon or that ilk ! its difficult to attract star quality if the club is not in CL or if Manager is not well renowned.

Right now any player joining the club will also think that maybe there are another 8-10 clubs with simlar potential outside the big 5, and competition will be tough.

Fuck knows how our manager managed to sign Sahin from Real Madrid ahead of Arsenal then.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 02:07:46 pm »

Complete rubbish from start to finish. The two players you mention, had we gone for them, would have taken about two seconds to decide between signing for Liverpool or Swansea. Assaidi could have joined Ajax, and been playing in the Champions League this season, instead he's sitting on our bench.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:54 pm »
Fuck knows how our manager managed to sign Sahin from Real Madrid ahead of Arsenal then.

Quite; I suspect that the special one had something to say about that!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »
Quite; I suspect that the special one had something to say about that!

Sahin signed for us because of Mourinho!!

He may have advised, but the decision was down to the player and his agent.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 02:28:10 pm »
Sahin signed for us because of Mourinho!!

He may have advised, but the decision was down to the player and his agent.

Sahin is on loan from Real Madrid. Mourinho was only going to let him go somewhere he trusted the manager. Rodgers worked for Mourinho at Chelsea and it is said impressed him.

No doubt Sahin & his agent had a role, but the final yay or nay would have been from Mourinho

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2012, 02:31:37 pm »

Pipsqueak club..won a few games...shouting the odds. Heard it all before mate...only your opinions seem to carry an extra hint of bitterness?...but as they say, inside every Welshman there's an Evertonian struggling to get out..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »
Sahin is on loan from Real Madrid. Mourinho was only going to let him go somewhere he trusted the manager. Rodgers worked for Mourinho at Chelsea and it is said impressed him.

No doubt Sahin & his agent had a role, but the final yay or nay would have been from Mourinho

The post I was replying to suggested that Swansea is a more attractive club than Liverpool because of their manager and that Rodger's could not attract decent players to the club.

We have signed Sahin and Assaidi who could be playing Champions League football but decided to sign for us.

Sahin could have stayed at Madrid or moved to Arsenal or Fenerbache in the summer. If Mourinho wanted him here why was his agent allowed to speak to other clubs?

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 02:41:24 pm »
The post I was replying to suggested that Swansea is a more attractive club than Liverpool because of their manager and that Rodger's could not attract decent players to the club.

We have signed Sahin and Assaidi who could be playing Champions League football but decided to sign for us.

Sahin could have stayed at Madrid or moved to Arsenal or Fenerbache in the summer. If Mourinho wanted him here why was his agent allowed to speak to other clubs?

My original comment was a flippant aside referring to the probability that mourinho recommended that Sahin came to LFC as he trusted Rodgers.

That is all. I do not believe that he would have been allowed to go anywhere not approved of by Real.

I do agree that the original comment was stretching the point somewhat, but made by someone whose club lost a good manager.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »
My original comment was a flippant aside referring to the probability that mourinho recommended that Sahin came to LFC as he trusted Rodgers.

That is all. I do not believe that he would have been allowed to go anywhere not approved of by Real.

I do agree that the original comment was stretching the point somewhat, but made by someone whose club lost a good manager.

OK, think I probably misunderstood your first post  :wave

I think that Rodger's thanked Mourinho for helping convince Sahin to move here, but we beat some Champions League teams to his signature which shows the attraction of the club still.

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:08 pm »
Pipsqueak club..won a few games...shouting the odds. Heard it all before mate...only your opinions seem to carry an extra hint of bitterness?...but as they say, inside every Welshman there's an Evertonian struggling to get out..
[/b]

Thats hillarious...as good as my line about Jason Puncheon ! lol...RAWK is defo a comedy club..and a great past time.

On a serious note Sahin joined LFc, a) higher loan fee than Arsenal , b) Arsenal wanted permanent signature c) Alonso, D) Madrid would prefer him at non CL club.

All my views nothing a fact, but only what I have read and observed.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »
[/b]

Thats hillarious...as good as my line about Jason Puncheon ! lol...RAWK is defo a comedy club..and a great past time.

On a serious note Sahin joined LFc, a) higher loan fee than Arsenal , b) Arsenal wanted permanent signature c) Alonso, D) Madrid would prefer him at non CL club.

All my views nothing a fact, but only what I have read and observed.

And despite interest from Italy, France and Turkey, current boss Mourinho believes 12 months in England will be crucial in the players development.
'The Premier League is a good place for players to pick up certain characteristics which he does not have,' Mourinho said at his weekly press conference.
'It is all the same to me where he goes, but I hope it is closed soon. Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs, I have no preference.'

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:23 pm »

Which club offered the highest Loan Fee , that would have helped Madrid sned him where they wanted I am sure.

I am only thinking from sahins point of view  A) Arsenal e.g london . b) CL Football c) Big turkish community.

Also arsenal were in the driving seat for most of the summer so waht could have changed, must be economics.

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:18 pm »

I think Rodgers is done with Swansea, I can't see anyone that played under him with us he'd be going after, possibly Vorm if Reina continues to make ricks but doubt that. Don't think he'd have the cheek to come after our Spaniards.

Also, I'm not that surprised he went after Joey, Siggy and Borini as he seems to have limited contacts in the game, i'm just surprised he thought they would be the type of players a club chasing the top 4 needs.

Early days as we know but as good as it was under Rodgers, this season we've improved no end. We have genuine attacking threat now and creating chances just isn't the issue it was last season, and that's with Laudrup having to deal with more bad luck in the first few weeks of the season than Brendan did the whole time he was here - playing a young kid at full back, Vorm out etc..

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2012, 03:10:23 pm »
Which club offered the highest Loan Fee , that would have helped Madrid sned him where they wanted I am sure.

I am only thinking from sahins point of view  A) Arsenal e.g london . b) CL Football c) Big turkish community.

Also arsenal were in the driving seat for most of the summer so waht could have changed, must be economics.

Madrid didn’t send him, if you read the comments from Mourinho he said he doesn’t mind where he goes.

You said that Rodger’s could not attract decent players to the club, and Swansea is a bigger pull than Liverpool because of their manager.

I have given two examples of players who have turned down moves to teams in the Champions League to sign for us. Even if we offered better financial packages they can still turn the move down to move to a club with a ‘big-name’ manager.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2012, 03:14:16 pm »
I think Rodgers is done with Swansea, I can't see anyone that played under him with us he'd be going after, possibly Vorm if Reina continues to make ricks but doubt that. Don't think he'd have the cheek to come after our Spaniards.

Also, I'm not that surprised he went after Joey, Siggy and Borini as he seems to have limited contacts in the game, i'm just surprised he thought they would be the type of players a club chasing the top 4 needs.

Early days as we know but as good as it was under Rodgers, this season we've improved no end. We have genuine attacking threat now and creating chances just isn't the issue it was last season, and that's with Laudrup having to deal with more bad luck in the first few weeks of the season than Brendan did the whole time he was here - playing a young kid at full back, Vorm out etc..

Nothing like losing Lucas, Borini, Kelly to long term injuries + Johnson/Enrique/Reina being out for 3+ games each?

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2012, 03:15:55 pm »

Pipsqueak club? You'll get a warning for that on here!!

And pipsqueak we maybe, but they're still very much my club. I'm here now revelling in the big boys league after serving a hard apprenticeship in the lower leagues. If we'll end up there again, i'll still be following my pipsqueak club up and down the land.

Superiority complex?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2012, 03:17:51 pm »
Pipsqueak club? You'll get a warning for that on here!!

And pipsqueak we maybe, but they're still very much my club. I'm here now revelling in the big boys league after serving a hard apprenticeship in the lower leagues. If we'll end up there again, i'll still be following my pipsqueak club up and down the land.

Superiority complex?

And shitting on the people who helped get you there.

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »
Nothing like losing Lucas, Borini, Kelly to long term injuries + Johnson/Enrique/Reina being out for 3+ games each?

Kelly? Ha, yeah Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson as replacement full backs must have caused you so many sleepless nights. Try relying on a 19 year old kid on £400 per week.

Borini? It was Rodgers who gambled on the lack of attacking options you've been left with.

Lucas? How many midfielders do you have at the club now? 7, 8, 9 etc etc? After reading your forum's even I can't wait for Lucas to come back now, your whole existance seems to be relying upon him.  :)

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2012, 03:23:44 pm »
And shitting on the people who helped get you there.

Shitting on him? Not exactly, just interested to see how he's getting on and how he's being received.

The battle for mid table mediocrity continues Sunday half one. You coming down "Funky"?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 03:24:12 pm »

Yeah, we were practicing our 'longer game' AT HOME AGAINST WIGAN so we'd have it down to a fine art against the mighty Swansea

Genius

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2012, 03:25:46 pm »
Shitting on him? Not exactly, just interested to see how he's getting on and how he's being received.

The battle for mid table mediocrity continues Sunday half one. You coming down "Funky"?

I know you probably class what you're doing as "BANTZ INIT", but you just come across as a bitter bellend mate.

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »
Madrid didn’t send him, if you read the comments from Mourinho he said he doesn’t mind where he goes.

You said that Rodger’s could not attract decent players to the club, and Swansea is a bigger pull than Liverpool because of their manager.

I have given two examples of players who have turned down moves to teams in the Champions League to sign for us. Even if we offered better financial packages they can still turn the move down to move to a club with a ‘big-name’ manager.

Assiadi was wanted by Ajax, but he moved into PL, where the wages are better I am guessing . 
If he was the great I think more clubs would have wnated him, but O hear the excuses are out already " it was a signing by the commitee not BR " we see how well he does, so far he looks no better than Nabil El Zhar (Lol)...Sahin , i am guessing its Madrids Loan fee needs that we met, but maybe its unfair to judge him on 1 window so far, lets see which players he can attarct to the club in the next window, so afr we are being linked with Walcott, Sturridge etc, they are not big players and will join LFc if wages are met.
I have a question for you ?  Would Suarez have signed for LFC 2012 ?  we signed him when kenny was in charge and the club being outside the CL for 6 months ?  he still would have remebered the Rafa years like it was yesterday because we played PSV quite a lot those days, great rivals of ajax .

We wait and find out.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:15 pm »
I have a question for you ?  Would Suarez have signed for LFC 2012 ?  we signed him when kenny was in charge and the club being outside the CL for 6 months ?  he still would have remebered the Rafa years like it was yesterday because we played PSV quite a lot those days, great rivals of ajax .

I doubt the Rafa years had anything to do with it. Ajax needed the money. We were the only show in town for a player who'd just been suspended for a long time for biting an opponent. No-one else wanted to touch him with a barge pole at the kind of price Ajax were looking for. If a club in the CL had been in for him, been willing to pay for him, I think there's reason to doubt he'd have come here.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »
Be a bit of a tactical battle with Rodgers vs Villas Boas in a few weeks! Very impressed with Rodgers changes inplay last few games.

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »
Kelly? Ha, yeah Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson as replacement full backs must have caused you so many sleepless nights. Try relying on a 19 year old kid on £400 per week.

Borini? It was Rodgers who gambled on the lack of attacking options you've been left with.

Lucas? How many midfielders do you have at the club now? 7, 8, 9 etc etc? After reading your forum's even I can't wait for Lucas to come back now, your whole existance seems to be relying upon him.  :)

Once again you express interesting views , but it is also true that we have watched and observed every game so far this season and Lucas will make a difference to that Midfiled but he alone will not take us to where we need to be.
It was a lucky escape on sigurdson and dempsey they not  doing much at Spurs, so I do fear for the players we may sign in the immediate future, but its also true LFC is not the club we use to be and our expectations are not what it use to be either, the forum is a different place now then it use to be even last season I may say.

Offline _tomd

• Anny Roader
    • tom makes pictures
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:17 pm »

I know it's not technically what you mean, as he didn't sign as a new player, but Suarez did sign a notable contract extension in 2012, which surely suggests faith in the manager (along with plenty of snippets from recent interviews in which he states said faith), which seems to be what you're suggesting is lacking. And it's blindingly obvious he'd have no troubles finding a new club; he'd stroll in to most any starting 11 in the world.
PSN: tommakespictures

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 03:45:09 pm »
I know it's not technically what you mean, as he didn't sign as a new player, but Suarez did sign a notable contract extension in 2012, which surely suggests faith in the manager (along with plenty of snippets from recent interviews in which he states said faith), which seems to be what you're suggesting is lacking. And it's blindingly obvious he'd have no troubles finding a new club; he'd stroll in to most any starting 11 in the world.

Suarez also said when he signed that he'd never actually heard of Dalglish before, so not sure him being manager was a factor - initially anyway

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2012, 03:54:46 pm »
I love it when Rodgers starts talking about tactics personally. Kenny would never start talking about the match tactically. Never saw him writing on a notepad either, think Kenny was more of a man manager than a tactical guru. Wanted the players to have freedom to express themselves but the players he bought are used to more rigid ways of playing and aren't good enough technically to recreate the Liverpool of old. He's to blame for that. Better players were available like Vidal, Mata, Cazorla yet he went for homegrown, overpriced "talent".

Also talking in the press out loud about certain players has had a positive effect. Maybe he could talk less about transfers but I don't have a problem with it. Keeps the fans up to date, and sometimes he keeps quiet aswell. Look at the Assaidi deal, no one had an inkling.
Just because his interviews appeal to tactic nerds who have read inverting the pyramid doesn't mean he's a genius.If making notes and talking tactical jargon was a barometer of how good a manager was Villas-Boas would be one of the best in the league and Ferguson one of the worst,it's completely irrelevant.

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2012, 04:04:15 pm »
Luis Suarez owes Kenny and the club/fans a lot !

Kenny defended him (rightly or wrongly) and possibly cost him his job at this club, Luis Suarez had to sign that extension, but with the way he is playing and single handedly keeping this club afloat and away from the danger zone, he may feel he is repaying the faith and achieving equilibrium with everybody. ( Then he may leave)  Its hard to see a talent like him palying fora top 10 club and not competing at the higher end of the game.

Its a shame toress left when he did, those 2 as our forward line and kenny would have taken us to where we belong , there was not much wrong with what kenny was doing but we treated him harshly in the league last season because we demanded a lot more from him, and not so much now of the new manager.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2012, 04:12:54 pm »
OK, think I probably misunderstood your first post  :wave

I think that Rodger's thanked Mourinho for helping convince Sahin to move here, but we beat some Champions League teams to his signature which shows the attraction of the club still.

No probs; it was a bit obscure! Sounded good in my head.

:)

• Main Stander
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2012, 04:14:57 pm »
Once again you express interesting views , but it is also true that we have watched and observed every game so far this season and Lucas will make a difference to that Midfiled but he alone will not take us to where we need to be.
It was a lucky escape on sigurdson and dempsey they not  doing much at Spurs, so I do fear for the players we may sign in the immediate future, but its also true LFC is not the club we use to be and our expectations are not what it use to be either, the forum is a different place now then it use to be even last season I may say.

There's not much in it from 4th down ten places. This season. that spot seems up for grabs big time and looks a real opportune time to get back up there? Arsenal, Spurs both in transition periods, managers under a lot of pressure. Newcastle shooting their bolt of last season with Cisse misfiring and seeing West Ham and West Brom up there must really hurt. Of course we are nowhere near the business end and you're bound to go many games without Lucas and possibly Suarez. Surely Liverpool, after spending the £30 or £40m you've done must be kicking yourselves the way it's gone? And I know Everton finished above you last season but didn't you beat them 3 times??

Take away all Rodger's media hyperbole and psychobabble and you're left with a "philosophy" that's a lot worse than last season? One day you will all cringe when you hear his interviews, mark my words.

Love,

Bitter Jack.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2012, 04:18:32 pm »
There's not much in it from 4th down ten places. This season. that spot seems up for grabs big time and looks a real opportune time to get back up there? Arsenal, Spurs both in transition periods, managers under a lot of pressure. Newcastle shooting their bolt of last season with Cisse misfiring and seeing West Ham and West Brom up there must really hurt. Of course we are nowhere near the business end and you're bound to go many games without Lucas and possibly Suarez. Surely Liverpool, after spending the £30 or £40m you've done must be kicking yourselves the way it's gone? And I know Everton finished above you last season but didn't you beat them 3 times??

Take away all Rodger's media hyperbole and psychobabble and you're left with a "philosophy" that's a lot worse than last season? One day you will all cringe when you hear his interviews, mark my words.

Love,

Bitter Jack.

We're 12 games in you proper, proper muppet.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:21 pm »
Well someone is certainly upset about Rodgers leaving.

I like him. He has a soothing voice and is short enough to pat on the head. You can't ask for much more than that.