Author Topic: Thatcher is dead  (Read 18741 times)

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
Re: Thatcher to get a state funeral
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »
Fantastic!  All-Night Rave it is then!

See you there. I'm slowly changing my mind about this state funeral idea - it's gonna be a riot. Think this post from the Guardian's online comment page sums up how a lot of people are feeling:

"You have to laugh, the idea of a 'State Funeral' for Margaret Thatcher is just amazing! Pure theatre! Maybe the most divisive and most hated British politcial figure in the last two hundred years (at least most people are united in their opinion on McBroon!) and they want her planted with the dignity once reserved for much loved monarchs. Ha!ha!ha!

It shows just how amazingly far from 'reality' the Palace and Downing Street are. Do they really suppose for a moment that people will behave with decorum, that they can browbeat us into keeping a straight face? The streets will be filled with laughter, carnival, banners. Beer and blood will flow in the gutters, it will be turned into the biggest celebration in living memory by the millions of us who hated her guts. Street parties will flourish everywhere, she will be burned in effigy a thousand times. The whole world will be shocked - and maybe a little impressed - by just how unseemly all us oiks can be as their leaders along with the great and the good parade in the rain down a massively policed Whitehall. What a wonderfully bizarre opportunity! Bring it on!

And HOW MUCH is it supposed to be costing us?? THREE MILLION QUID?? In your dreams! Is that just for the coffin or choir or the oats for the horses or what? Can you imagine how much police overtime and extra security is going to go into keeping the lid on that lot? Multiply that by a HUNDRED at least would be my guess."
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2008, 01:56:21 pm »
I haven't been in this thread because its taken me this long to calm down at the prospect of that supreme c*nt getting anything than a bucket of shit thrown over her casket.

An absolute fucking disgrace. I hope to fuck they roll the funeral car.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2008, 02:04:26 pm »
As my mate, whose also a red, said last night, people should throw lumps of coal at the car, coal would be supremely appropriate after what she did to the miners.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2008, 02:42:36 pm »
This is fascinating.

When I was a little lad we were taught that Margaret Thatcher took unpleasant but necessary steps to save Britain's ailing economy, and rightfully so.

I have to say that reading all of these posts is a real eye-opener.

I was hoping Yorky would have explained his post better to give you and the younger ones a  " more rounded " idea of what those "unpleasant" steps she "had to take" were.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »
As my mate, whose also a red, said last night, people should throw lumps of coal at the car, coal would be supremely appropriate after what she did to the miners.

that would be class. wouldn't mind missing with one 20 kilo piece and finishing off that twat of a son as well.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2008, 03:28:34 pm »
that would be class. wouldn't mind missing with one 20 kilo piece and finishing off that twat of a son as well.

I think we should invite some old miners from Orgreave to police the occasion

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2008, 03:58:04 pm »
This is fascinating.

When I was a little lad we were taught that Margaret Thatcher took unpleasant but necessary steps to save Britain's ailing economy, and rightfully so.

Might I ask where you went to school, and where? Was this your history syllabus?

I'm asking because anyone at my school who did A Level economics (c.1995-1997) came out of it a rabid free-marketer as if spawned by Thatcher herself.
DAMMIT!

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2008, 04:05:42 pm »

superb idea! and milk bottles

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:48 pm »
I was hoping Yorky would have explained his post better to give you and the younger ones a  " more rounded " idea of what those "unpleasant" steps she "had to take" were.

And so he did. That's why I said "eye-opener".

Might I ask where you went to school, and where? Was this your history syllabus?

I'm asking because anyone at my school who did A Level economics (c.1995-1997) came out of it a rabid free-marketer as if spawned by Thatcher herself.

Singaporean Social Studies, early 2000s or so. It's worth noting that our most important Prime Minister was very good friends with Ms. Thatcher and they were very close allies during the time they were both in power.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »
Saw this in the local paper and thought she died. It stupid to talk bout these things till she goes
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2008, 04:23:26 pm »
Singaporean Social Studies, early 2000s or so. It's worth noting that our most important Prime Minister was very good friends with Ms. Thatcher and they were very close allies during the time they were both in power.

It's pretty interesting the way kids are taught in school to see things a certain way. Goes to show it wasn't just the Nazis and Communists who went about indoctrinating their young. I was talking about this with the missus the other day and some of the stuff she was taught at school in the US was mind-boggling.

Saw this in the local paper and thought she died. It stupid to talk bout these things till she goes

Nonsense. A state funeral is a massive logistical exercise; planning and preparing for one takes some time, and it's going to need to be budgeted for at some stage as well. Plans for the Queen Mother's funeral were in place years before she died. Anyway, the thread isn't just covering the rights and wrongs of a state funeral for the woman, but is also a general discussion of her legacy.
DAMMIT!

Offline Alonzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2008, 04:32:12 pm »
fucking joke, spending brewsties on buryin that cow...the queue to piss on her grave is gona be bigger than the river mersey.
Betfair referral code: UEFVVXMMG

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2008, 06:20:36 pm »
Maybe we could get a two for one deal eh!
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

Yeah, that Lee Kwan Yew's such a nice chap. ::)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2008, 02:07:30 am »

:D He's another evil genius.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Mas

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:33 am »
This is fascinating.

It is, isn't it? My Social Studies teacher waxed lyrical about her, of how Britain should appreciate what she has done and more like her is needed in this world.

It's Lee Kuan Yew.  ;)

:D He's another evil genius.

And one, as my mum would say, that just won't go away.
Eat right, exercise regularly; Die anyway.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2008, 07:28:49 am »
It's Lee Kuan Yew.  ;)

It's another turd that wont flush.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:42 am »

Too harsh. He's the main reason why I'm typing this on a nice computer in a nice house in good English, instead of tilling mud-fields like most foreigners' views of South East Asia.

And one, as my mum would say, that just won't go away.

He won't give up until he's discovered the secret to immortality. Why do you think Singapore has got such an aggressive policy of support for biology and life sciences? ;)
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2008, 11:53:50 am »

I'll agree with Finn on that. Say what you like, as far as Singapore goes, compare it to its neighbours, and its difficult not to admit he did something right.

He's a divisive figure like Thatcher, but I think he gets better marks for his success.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2008, 12:09:23 pm »
Too harsh. He's the main reason why I'm typing this on a nice computer in a nice house in good English, instead of tilling mud-fields like most foreigners' views of South East Asia.

I'll agree with Finn on that. Say what you like, as far as Singapore goes, compare it to its neighbours, and its difficult not to admit he did something right.

He's a divisive figure like Thatcher, but I think he gets better marks for his success.

I don't think he should be credited with that much. When I first started learning about Singapore's history and politics, I was under the impression he was the driving force. But ultimately, Singapore stands out in South East Asia (ignoring Japan) because the British used it as a 'centre' of operations. Hong Kong was the public face up until the handover but Singapore quietly stood out against - and significantly, in front of - Indonesia and Malaysia.
Yew basically benefitted from the fact that the UK were prepared to leave the ruling to him as long as British interests remained in the country. You can't deny that despite the drive for a Singaporean identity, it still has close ties to the UK that you don't really see in the rest of the region, Malaysia possibly excepted.

Singapore has developed rapidly and there's been a long term aim but honestly, you wouldn't have got there just with hard work. The British, and recent American, ties put you head and shoulders above everyone else.

I like Singapore, it's a great model and ideal. The thing is, it also scares me. There are so many dark undertones and the Singaporean underworld is potentially more dangerous than most in the world, because it's so deep.
I'm waiting for you guys to move on from cultural tolerance and onto acceptance. If that doesn't happen, I don't know how long things will continue without either complete assimilation or, more likely, huge rifts between ethnicities. I remember just before I left in 2002, there was a lot of tension between the Singaporean Chinese and Malay, under the guise of Islamic schools and their performance.
Yew loved Thatcher and honestly there are certain undertones in his philosophy that scare me - you can say whatever you want as long as it's the "truth"? What the fuck? How do you define the truth legally?

Anyway, I like Singapore but don't like Yew. I know what he did but I don't think he should be credited for basically sucking cock for 30 years.

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2008, 12:25:39 pm »
The idea of her getting a state funeral is a disgrace. I'll be celebrating when the evil bitch leaves for hell.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2008, 06:39:41 am »
I don't think he should be credited with that much. When I first started learning about Singapore's history and politics, I was under the impression he was the driving force. But ultimately, Singapore stands out in South East Asia (ignoring Japan) because the British used it as a 'centre' of operations. Hong Kong was the public face up until the handover but Singapore quietly stood out against - and significantly, in front of - Indonesia and Malaysia.
Yew basically benefitted from the fact that the UK were prepared to leave the ruling to him as long as British interests remained in the country. You can't deny that despite the drive for a Singaporean identity, it still has close ties to the UK that you don't really see in the rest of the region, Malaysia possibly excepted.

Singapore has developed rapidly and there's been a long term aim but honestly, you wouldn't have got there just with hard work. The British, and recent American, ties put you head and shoulders above everyone else.

I like Singapore, it's a great model and ideal. The thing is, it also scares me. There are so many dark undertones and the Singaporean underworld is potentially more dangerous than most in the world, because it's so deep.
I'm waiting for you guys to move on from cultural tolerance and onto acceptance. If that doesn't happen, I don't know how long things will continue without either complete assimilation or, more likely, huge rifts between ethnicities. I remember just before I left in 2002, there was a lot of tension between the Singaporean Chinese and Malay, under the guise of Islamic schools and their performance.
Yew loved Thatcher and honestly there are certain undertones in his philosophy that scare me - you can say whatever you want as long as it's the "truth"? What the fuck? How do you define the truth legally?

Anyway, I like Singapore but don't like Yew. I know what he did but I don't think he should be credited for basically sucking cock for 30 years.

Thanks mate, I like it here as well. I have to disagree with you on some points though. Yes, it's true that Singapore benefited greatly from British presence well into the 1960s. As a general rule, the countries the British colonised in South East Asia (Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia) are relatively more well-off today than those colonised by the French and the Dutch (Indo-China, Indonesia). They gave us military support, economic support with their bases and a legislative and legal structure to draw on. Which is why there was a definite era of doom and gloom when the British finally decided to leave.

Where Lee gets praise though, is what happened afterwards. Many of Singapore's better qualities today are derived from the policies he and he implemented alone, such as the drive to keep the streets clean, greening the island by planting trees everywhere, attracting international investment and National Service. It is true that there are undercurrents of ethnic tensions, although it is nowhere near as prominent in many Western nations largely due to his policies. For example, the simple step taken to outlaw hate speech against another race or religion has mostly kept things under control, while in places like the US freedom of speech is still the king. As I've said before, I'm willing to accept not being able to publically insult someone else's religion in exchange for not having racial riots on the streets. In any multicultural society there will be tension, it just so happens that ours is muted and rarely overt.

The British gave us a headstart, but then again so did the Malaysians, and our economy and social harmony have generally been better than theirs.

Yeah, there are tons of things wrong with this place but when I look at our neighbours I have to feel really grateful. And like it or not, it's down to the evil genius that is Lee.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2008, 07:02:28 am »

Well one thing which I must say you can definitely accredit to LKY is the lack of corruption. Or at least, corruption, if it exists, exists in a form that doesn't mar the government's achievements.

Look across the thin strip of water to Malaysia. Our old friend Anwar's just been accused of another round of buggery. My family was originally from Malaysia. We're never planning on going back, simply because the crime rates are astounding, and the politics are simply unworkable. Some examples: Our relatives have each been at least burglarised twice or thrice. But they still all consider themselves lucky, and honestly I can't blame them, because none of them have been victims of actual physical violence. Can you imagine feeling lucky you've only had stuff stolen from you but not hurt? What kind of feeling is that?

Another big issue. Petrol prices. They produce enough of the stuff to be one of the world's leading exporters. But prices have just doubled. What fucking madness is that? the government can't even give its constituents the benefit of a natural resource we have in bountiful amounts. Its a disgrace. And these were all brit colonies as well.

The above are just the tips of the ice bergs. Wanton government spending on public projects rife with ministers on the take, alleged crimes like murder partaken by those at the very top including the future PM, and it really gives us a sense of perspective.

I'll agree wholly with the dark undertones. But I guess its just the things you want from life. Most would be happy with a good education, a good job, a decent place to live in, and the rest of it. I guess I don't exactly lose sleep over my lack of ability to protest on the streets when I'm rich and well fed.

And no, there are no tensions racially. I don't have Malay friends or Indian friends or caucasian friends. I just have friends, period. If ever you needed a sign that whatever integration techniques LKY decided on worked, I think that fits the bill. (which interestingly enough brings us to a fascinating debate: Is the beeb/cnn/other news sources biased? We all laughed at the Chinese who went in outrage on the BBC site and claimed they and their government were being demonised. I recall we called them unfortunate brainwashed sods, too blinded by govt propaganda to see a good thing when we handed it to them. Could Singapore prove to just be a lesser example? Or does the BBC/other news sources really blow the issues out of proportion?)

Basically what happened is, some radicals, the type we've all poured scorn on in the past, started raking up the religious symbols in schools issue. The government basically said, if you lot don't shut it, you'll be sorry, because this is a stupid issue, stop mucking about, and if you keep it quiet, there's a better chance we can reach a conclusion. And eventually, they shut it. And the issue was solved. Not a bad method.

To be fair, I'd agree that if someone less capable than LKY inherits the system, I'd worry. I'd worry a lot, and a lot of those concerns would mirror yours. But since he pracitices 'nepotism', as his critics love to cry out, I'm quite happy with the way the country's going.

I mean come on. You could be the number one blow jobber on the market. But if that got you a country as decent as Singapore, well fuck me, that's one hell of a bj ;D

They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2008, 12:40:41 pm »
 8 out of 10 cats where they said she'd be buried under a man made lake - well she will be when we've finished pissing on her  ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ccImZIos-PY  about 5 mins in
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:47:38 pm by lainey »

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2008, 07:20:49 am »

He won't give up until he's discovered the secret to immortality. Why do you think Singapore has got such an aggressive policy of support for biology and life sciences? ;)

Singapore doesn't have mud fields to till.  You'd be a domestic helper getting raped in the Middle East or thrown off a balcony in Malaysia if it weren't for LKY.  :P

Back to Thatcher though, I'll have to echo the sentiments of the other non-British posters.  I thought Thatcher made Britain competitive and modern, but then I did take up economics in uni and they tend to stick to their free-market cant.  For example, I was taught Keynesianism failed and Friedman's monetarism is now the dominant and successful strategy for managing economies.  You rarely hear professors talking about the human toll, which I get to read a bit of here.  I had no idea she was so despised in England.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline harwood91

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96 YNWA
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2008, 12:26:16 pm »
There will be so many people wanting to dance on her grave they'll have to scatter her ashes in magaluff !  ;D
Shankly laid the foundations
Paisley built the wall
Now two crazy americans are trying to knock our wall down !

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2008, 12:46:51 pm »
Singapore doesn't have mud fields to till.  You'd be a domestic helper getting raped in the Middle East or thrown off a balcony in Malaysia if it weren't for LKY.  :P

Back to Thatcher though, I'll have to echo the sentiments of the other non-British posters.  I thought Thatcher made Britain competitive and modern, but then I did take up economics in uni and they tend to stick to their free-market cant.  For example, I was taught Keynesianism failed and Friedman's monetarism is now the dominant and successful strategy for managing economies.  You rarely hear professors talking about the human toll, which I get to read a bit of here.  I had no idea she was so despised in England.

A Liverpool website is not indicative of the mood of England. It's not English, it's Scouse.

She is not universally despised, but the people that hate her, really hate her. But then her legacy is division. Amongst the chattering Daily Mail reading classes, I suspect the view is closer to "admiration, shame she lost the plot with the Poll Tax thing".

I do not read the Daily Mail.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2008, 01:59:16 pm »
A Liverpool website is not indicative of the mood of England. It's not English, it's Scouse.

Maybe, but I'd put money on the general feeling here being reflected in large parts around Britain, not just on Merseyside.

Interesting letter in today's Guardian, from the man who has set up a petition to Downing St for people to sign, objecting to the state funeral for Thatcher. I logged on to see how many had signed and guess what, it's nowhere to be seen. If anyone can find it perhaps they should start it up as a new thread. Be interesting to see how quickly it crashes Number 10's website.

Divided, myself, over whether to sign it or not. Quite fancy the day out now.  ;)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2008, 02:11:28 pm »
Maybe, but I'd put money on the general feeling here being reflected in large parts around Britain, not just on Merseyside.

Interesting letter in today's Guardian, from the man who has set up a petition to Downing St for people to sign, objecting to the state funeral for Thatcher. I logged on to see how many had signed and guess what, it's nowhere to be seen. If anyone can find it perhaps they should start it up as a new thread. Be interesting to see how quickly it crashes Number 10's website.

Divided, myself, over whether to sign it or not. Quite fancy the day out now.  ;)

Never underestimate the public ability to gloss over the ugly bits and wallow in nostalgia. The people whose families weren't in heavy industry were not so scarred by the early eighties. They aren't nearly so vitriolic. There is far from universal vitriol in the South East. I suspect broadly the opinions will split on party lines, with the lib dems sat on the fence - they'll hold a referendum on the issue.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2008, 07:48:05 pm »
The people whose families weren't in heavy industry were not so scarred by the early eighties. They aren't nearly so vitriolic. There is far from universal vitriol in the South East. 

Nail on hea dthere mate, most of people in the south expecially the south east think she was/is great, but then they only suffered about 20% of the job losses in the reccession of the early eighties so there local economies were quicker to recover than the north.  And what did we get to offset the loss of all those jobs? A Garden Festival, Jesus wept!

I shudder when I think of all the pople that died as result of the smack that flooded into the depressed areas of the north after her 'economic shock therapy', she probably did more to faciltitate the growth of organised drug crime in this country than anyone else. 

The bitch got lucky that she hadn't had time to scrap a big chunk of the Navy's assault landing ships in 1982 as was planned, otherwise it is doubtful we could have retaken the Falklands and she would have very likely been voted  in the next election.

Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2008, 08:28:41 pm »
8 out of 10 cats where they said she'd be buried under a man made lake - well she will be when we've finished pissing on her  ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ccImZIos-PY  about 5 mins in

That is brill!
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2008, 09:01:20 pm »

Problem with that is though is that it kind of puts to one side the fact that many other northern city and town residents hated her as much as Liverpudlians did..to a degree whether you rated or hated her was partly a north south divide thing, but had a lot to do with what you did for a living and how local economies were set up too, in the north there was a reliance on industry so that was of course where people were hardest hit

You arent going to get a fully balanced appraisal on her on here...but you wouldnt from those who benefitted under her either, but is true that the worst negatives are there for all to read about, definitely true that there was no real help given to rebuild economies which were reliant on industry/manufacture properly and it has had serious effects on these areas

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2008, 10:50:22 pm »
Cool down and play

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2008, 10:51:01 pm »
That quote was not entirely serious.

You could have quoted:

But then her legacy is division.

which is more the thrust of my post, rather than the cheap gag. Personally, I loathed the woman, but felt the need to point out over the country you would probably find an even split between the haters and nostalgic.

Don't wish her dead though. She has many happy years soiling herself to come.

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2008, 09:05:08 am »

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2008, 10:30:22 am »
done

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2008, 05:24:40 pm »
Unfortunately, we weren't able to confirm your signature, because our site is extremely busy at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes' time.

My arse.
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2008, 05:26:21 pm »
Quote from Frankie Boyle,

'With £3m quid you could buy everybody in Scotland a shovel and we can dig a hole so deep we could personally hand her over to Satin'

;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »
Who's this Satin Fella then Sarge?
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2008, 05:36:48 pm »
Who's this Satin Fella then Sarge?

The Moody Blues spent weeks buggering him.