Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109317 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1360 on: April 6, 2018, 03:14:06 pm »
Look, we're favorites to progress and while injuries could play a factor it would be disastrous for us to fail to hold on to a 3-0 home lead. If we don't go through it is likely because we fail to score there and surely we're value for at least one. If we get that one, City need 5. Are they capable? Yes, absolutely, and we are prone to collapsing and having periods of madness.

But the onus is on City here to find a way of scoring at least 3 goals whilst keeping a clean sheet. That only brings extra time. Klopp isn't a defensive manager and could well be happy to risk conceding one trying to chase one. Our defensive shape was excellent in the second half and let's not forget, we restricted them to ZERO shots on target. We weren't hanging on, they didn't miss tonnes of chances, Karius didn't make three or four outstanding saves. We nullified them.

They have to play the perfect game on Tuesday while we have to be significantly below par. And even then, a shitty consolation goal from us or a bit of luck means we could get hammered 4-1 or 5-2 and still progress.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1361 on: April 6, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »
Our midfield is a huge concern for the 2nd leg, more so if Salah doesn't play.

::)

You'd think, particularly with how vocal you were about how Milner categorically MUST not start the first leg, you'd maybe have a bit more faith with what we put out. If its Gini, Milner and Ox then those three can absolutely put in a performance to help us through.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1362 on: April 6, 2018, 03:44:55 pm »
Just getting online now to react to the other night - get in! An absolutely stunning result for Jurgen's Reds. A tactical masterclass that could even match the Special One. One thing I didn't understand was the level of surprise at the result. It's pretty obvious that City can be got at for all their attacking talent and if there's a night that could have happened it's at an absolutely bouncing Anfield. The fans were magnificent and our players responded whereas their's didn't. As pleasing as the attacking success in the first half was, I was even more pleased with our defensive resilience in the second half. VVD has made a real difference to that back line in terms of leadership and all round ability. Feeling quite confident about the second leg now. There's nothing stopping us getting a goal and giving City an almost insurmountable task of scoring five goals against what will no doubt be a tactically well drilled XI. Roll on Tuesday!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1363 on: April 6, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »
There's been too much giddiness in the last day or so, a bit like after we beat them in 13/14. The tie is far from over yet - we need to be massively on it come Tuesday.

If you can't get giddy after a night like that and a win like that you're doing it wrong mate.

Enjoy, it. Enjoy the derby and start shitting it lunchtime on Tuesday.

Klopp and his team will be doing all the planning. There's no need for us to focus on the second leg yet - we're just supporters.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: April 6, 2018, 03:55:13 pm »
Our midfield is a huge concern for the 2nd leg, more so if Salah doesn't play.

Translation into 'Klopp':

"Our midfield is a problem that will need to be addressed for the 2nd leg if we're going to get through.

If Salah doesn't play that's another but to some extent unrelated problem as the deficit will be defensive rather than attacking..."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1365 on: April 6, 2018, 04:14:53 pm »
That's wrong. The UEFA website says there were about 460 total completed passes in the game but that seems extraordinarily low. I mean, it says the distance covered was 60.5-59.5...

Opta data has the match as follows

Code: [Select]
Team Passes % Successful % Long Crosses % Successful
Liverpool 379 71,2% 18,5% 12 8,3%
City 738 85,6% 9,3% 28 25%

No idea why there are so many different numbers floating around. Surely Opta drives all the other numbers? Think some people are just seeing numbers and running with them without verifying that they are correct. They could be half time numbers. Opposition half only numbers. Who knows.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: April 6, 2018, 04:16:07 pm »
There's been too much giddiness in the last day or so, a bit like after we beat them in 13/14. The tie is far from over yet - we need to be massively on it come Tuesday.

If you cannot be giddy after that result then what is the point? If we as fans are more miserable about it, will that make the team play different?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: April 6, 2018, 04:29:40 pm »
::)

You'd think, particularly with how vocal you were about how Milner categorically MUST not start the first leg, you'd maybe have a bit more faith with what we put out. If its Gini, Milner and Ox then those three can absolutely put in a performance to help us through.

I didn't say they couldn't, I didn't say they wouldn't, the issue remains that we have 3 available midfielders, with no one to bring on at any given stage due to suspension and injuries. Another high intensity match, so yes it's a concern.

I'm glad Milner had a great game, that doesn't mean what I said about him and his previous performances against this opposition isn't true. I'll be glad to be wrong again, but what I said is based on what I saw in a number of matches. It has nothing to do with faith. I have faith in the team and the club in every match, but faith and actual ability doesn't always go hand in hand

So you can roll the eyes elsewhere.

The reason I mention Salah is not just because score goals, we can score goals without him, but it pins City back a bit, as they are shit scared of him.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: April 6, 2018, 04:40:31 pm »
Posted this in the injury thread, but in response to that - this is the midfield that went and bossed a result at away in Juventus in 2005:

Nunez (Smicer 58), Biscan, Alonso, Riise.

It was Alonso's first game back from a broken ankle/3 month+ lay off. It's almost surreal how bad that midfield is looking back at it. But it was part of one of the best/possibly the best mature defensive displays we've put in since I've been watching liverpool. Believe in the players. Believe in the manager. On tuesday night, we're gonna party like it's 2005.

Mate once the whistle blows and once the match goes, I have fully belief in the club, but belief and reality doesn't always go hand in hand.

We are just discussing the football aspect of that. I am well aware of our midfield back then and what we did. We can do it again.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not concerned. I'm more concerned about not having the ability to sub one of our midfield 3 at any point for another midfielder as we have nobody available.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1369 on: April 6, 2018, 05:03:39 pm »
If you can't get giddy after a night like that and a win like that you're doing it wrong mate.

Enjoy, it. Enjoy the derby and start shitting it lunchtime on Tuesday.

Klopp and his team will be doing all the planning. There's no need for us to focus on the second leg yet - we're just supporters.

No doubt I massively enjoyed it mate, but I think I've just been conditioned to be extra dubious with all of the close misses we've had in the last few years.

Here's hoping for a mind numbing 0-0.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1370 on: April 6, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »
1 goal from the semis. We can kill the tie with a single swing of the boot. City will be on the attack all game and we will be set up to counter attack.

Salah mane bobby will surely get a chance each to put the game beyond city’s reach. Everyone else just defend!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1371 on: April 6, 2018, 05:47:03 pm »
1 goal from the semis. We can kill the tie with a single swing of the boot. City will be on the attack all game and we will be set up to counter attack.

Salah mane bobby will surely get a chance each to put the game beyond city’s reach. Everyone else just defend!

I'd be actively encouraging a few long range efforts from midfield too. I know Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal on Wednesday was unstoppable, but that's twice in two games he's put one past Edersron from range. Even if you don't score directly, you have a chance from rebounds or corners (we didn't have a single one on Wednesday, Van Dijk and Lovren could get joy against a City side that isn't overly big).

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: April 6, 2018, 05:50:36 pm »
amazing win, truly up there with one of the best nights at anfield. even at 3 you felt we had another gear to shift into if needed, though that atmosphere must have affected the city players. made hairs on my neck stand up and was sitting at home, miles away from the stadium!

sadly the bus incident is just getting egged and egged, especially by our own media. klopp is very downbeat about it to, makes me wonder if he believes this could mean we are going to get a severe punishment in next years competition, or even barred from it? would surely be an over reaction by uefa but nothing suprises me (much) in football anymore.

Somebody threw a can at a bus...

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1373 on: April 6, 2018, 06:17:53 pm »
Showed our proper European 'eritage we did.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: April 6, 2018, 06:32:31 pm »
Mate, I'm not sure if you're old enough to drink but if you are go and have a pint, I'm sure Klopp knows what to do and together with his coaching staff he's got this.

Being a supporter is supposed to be fun so let them who get paid vast amounts of money do the worrying and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

Edit. Just wrote this and then seen Alan's reply, mine is better though.  ;)

Fair enough mate, I hope we stuff them again

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: April 6, 2018, 07:38:47 pm »
Watching the highlights of the first goal - there's an outside chance that Ederson's tip on the shot deflected the ball past Kompany who seemed like he might be poised to deflect it! Fine margins and all.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #1376 on: April 6, 2018, 07:55:38 pm »

Watching the highlights of the first goal - there's an outside chance that Ederson's tip on the shot deflected the ball past Kompany who seemed like he might be poised to deflect it! Fine margins and all.

Yeah...you can see his shoulders go down as the ball is deflected past him ;D ;D

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #1377 on: April 6, 2018, 08:20:34 pm »
If someone hits a ball straight at the goal from 6 yards out basically in the middle of the goal, chances of it going in are very high. Even if Kompany gets something on it its still 90% going in the net unless it some how hits him square in the face.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1378 on: April 6, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »
If someone hits a ball straight at the goal from 6 yards out basically in the middle of the goal, chances of it going in are very high. Even if Kompany gets something on it its still 90% going in the net unless it some how hits him square in the face.

One of the few examples of where I would rather a shot on United's goal gets blocked rather than go in the goal :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: April 6, 2018, 09:29:28 pm »
36 pages is probably enough on this.

Pre-match thread on the derby:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=339791.0
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)