Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109269 times)

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1120 on: April 5, 2018, 02:45:22 pm »

Well, shit.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: April 5, 2018, 02:45:43 pm »
I can understand the sentiment and euphoria getting ahead of you after such a wonderful performance but, with respect have to totally disagree with your post.
Pep is a visionary and poles apart from Mourinho. It is an insult to the man to even make a comparison in terms of how the game is played even though there is no right or wrong way. The only correct indirect statement you make is the fact that he needs technically gifted players to execute his vision and ideas how football should be played in his mind. All this nonsense belittling the coach and the cost of our fullbacks against theirs smacks of arrogance and small mindedness.  It is akin to a Swansea or Burnley saying our frontline costing $120m, unable to score and their strikers costing $10m and having sneaked a goal. You just need to look at the league table to see how far behind we are. (18 points with a game in hand). Give them credit and let's get to their standard.
We beat them - a great team expensively assembled and touted one of the best ever campaigns in the league which says much about our achievement that deserves all the praise rather than belittle an opponent after we have beaten them in the first leg.
I can never hate Guardiola.

All on the basis he beat United twice in CL finals.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: April 5, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »
Levels of tittishness to be expected from you.

Reckon this news is the happiest you've felt for 24 hours.

Yep, you can see tittish posts nearly every day on RAWK (sometimes from me) but his is the most tittish I've seen today, maybe all week.

Why on earth would any Liverpool fan think like this after that display on the pitch last night.

Yeah, the nobs who did it were out of order but come on!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1123 on: April 5, 2018, 02:46:43 pm »
They've always been arsey on this stuff. Remember when the manc fans acted like animals in the Europa Cup tie and we ended up with bigger fines than them?

Fuck it. Scaring City shitless is worth a €40 grand fine every day of the week.

It's the fan's equivalent of Souness breaking that Bucharest player's jaw in the 80's. We can wring our hands and say it was bad and shouldn't happen, but the truth is it showed we weren't going to be intimidated and could dish it out.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #1124 on: April 5, 2018, 02:47:43 pm »
Nice of UEFA to completely ignore countless acts of blatant racial abuse toward Batshuayi and Rhian Brewster plus others, yet they muster up the courage to charge us.

Or crowd trouble in Spain and Turkey were a few fans and police men have been killed because it happened outside the ground not a UEFA matter in those instances

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: April 5, 2018, 02:48:53 pm »
Wasn’t there some flares in the actual ground during the match?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: April 5, 2018, 02:49:40 pm »
Surely this is a hoax? How on earth can the club be deemed responsible for people not even inside or directly outside the ground. So in that case shall we all head down to the game next week chuck a few cans at our coach, set off flares and get City a fine also? Then the same for any other team. Nonsensical, but that's UEFA and no surprise really.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1127 on: April 5, 2018, 02:51:18 pm »
So to all the people saying UEFA couldn't do anything? What's happened? It'll be forgotten soon, no one cares, blah blah. Well seems someone cared enough.

Offline Kopendscorer

• Main Stander
« Reply #1128 on: April 5, 2018, 02:52:56 pm »
They've always been arsey on this stuff. Remember when the manc fans acted like animals in the Europa Cup tie and we ended up with bigger fines than them?

Fuck it. Scaring City shitless is worth a €40 grand fine every day of the week.

It's the fan's equivalent of Souness breaking that Bucharest player's jaw in the 80's. We can wring our hands and say it was bad and shouldn't happen, but the truth is it showed we weren't going to be intimidated and could dish it out.
Can never forget Utd fans singing vile stuff about Hillsborough for 90 mins during the Europa tie, and we got a bigger fine. And how can UEFA be the moral arbiter of anything.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: April 5, 2018, 02:53:02 pm »
So to all the people saying UEFA couldn't do anything? What's happened? It'll be forgotten soon, no one cares, blah blah. Well seems someone cared enough.

Don't see any reason that we can't appeal.

I mean, what can the club actually do more to prevent it? Can't stop people standing outside a pub, can you?

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1130 on: April 5, 2018, 02:53:08 pm »
So this Liverpool185 fella, Evertonian, United, Manchester City, or Chelsea fan? No obvious clues yet

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: April 5, 2018, 02:54:03 pm »
Don't see any reason that we can't appeal.

I mean, what can the club actually do more to prevent it? Can't stop people standing outside a pub, can you?

This is UEFA, like the FA a body unto itself.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #1132 on: April 5, 2018, 02:54:08 pm »
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-s-uefa-charge-sheet-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301

The sort of fines we could expect. This is what celtic have had over 10 years including when the fan hit Dida and fighting with police.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/

Here is a full list of recent ones from UEFA website. Looks like it might cost John Henry some pocket change.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2018, 02:56:42 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: April 5, 2018, 02:54:18 pm »

Are you happy about it or something? UEFA have obviously brought in a new rule.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1134 on: April 5, 2018, 02:55:11 pm »
Pep's comments about it being similar to the Dortmund coach incident last year were over the top. That was a fucking bomb. Maybe he was just caught in the moment a little because he's not usually like that.

How many were there to greet the coach? A couple of thousand maybe, more? A handful of dickheads (probably pissed and on other gear) have soured the entire occasion. They don't represent Liverpool FC or the people of the city and in this day and age anything and everything makes its way to social media and it is made bigger than it is. It wasn't nice, it shouldn't have happened especially with kids around.

We will take a fine and a warning I'd imagine, but City can't get all high and mighty over this. Their behavior against Wigan was 10 times worse.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: April 5, 2018, 02:55:36 pm »
Are you happy about it or something? UEFA have obviously brought in a new rule.

No i'm not fucking happy about it mate! It's my exact point yesterday! Why even give them the opportunity!! And I got told by multiple people including yourself that UEFA can't do a thing about it, and it's expected, and people will just forget about it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1136 on: April 5, 2018, 02:56:36 pm »
Quite a good analysis of the things that happened in the game:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/05/33-things-explain-liverpools-remarkable-331-win-man-city/
I know its the telegraph - but there are some good positional pictures and interpretations.

Liked the quote about our fullbacks:
Between them, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson cost a total £8m. City's full-backs cost £102m.
Torygraph behind a paywall - it can stay there
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: April 5, 2018, 02:56:57 pm »
This is UEFA, like the FA a body unto itself.

We should do what we're doing, and by we, I mean supporters too - share any videos, photos, evidence with the police, co-operate and ban those found guilty for life. Alongside that, make a strong fucking argument that LFC have no control over the streets of Liverpool City. We'll do everything in our power and collaborate with all authorities completely, but we (LFC) can't stop people standing on street corners.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: April 5, 2018, 02:57:02 pm »
Beautiful day today. Shame the derby is this weekend.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1139 on: April 5, 2018, 02:57:20 pm »
Yep it was bang out of order..no swerving that.

In comparison to Spurs fans getting stabbed in Rome & 2 Leeds fans murdered in Turkey,both of which were brushed under the carpet from Uefa..
You have to take it on the chin coz Uefa say so.

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: April 5, 2018, 02:57:40 pm »
I work with a few City fans and to be fair not one of them has mentioned anything to do with the bus incident.

I think most sensible people realise it's a few stray nob heads and it had no effect on the game.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: April 5, 2018, 02:58:35 pm »
Can never forget Utd fans singing vile stuff about Hillsborough for 90 mins during the Europa tie, and we got a bigger fine. And how can UEFA be the moral arbiter of anything.

You can be rest assured that UEFA's moral hypocrisy will be in full display here. When it comes to LFC (or most English clubs), they really do not give us any leniency at all. Oh and they closed investigation into Batshuayi's case of being racially abused by Atalanta fans without a reason.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: April 5, 2018, 02:58:39 pm »
I work with a few City fans and to be fair not one of them has mentioned anything to do with the bus incident.

I think most sensible people realise it's a few stray nob heads and it had no effect on the game.

So what if UEFA decides that it effected the game?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1143 on: April 5, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »
Lampard looked like he enjoyed Ox's goal. 😂

https://youtu.be/qiriytwC9GY
probably thinking he should have played it in off the defenders arse like he used to do
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: April 5, 2018, 02:59:29 pm »

How would they come up with that r conclusion?

They can't do anything. It happened way outside the grounds.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: April 5, 2018, 02:59:53 pm »
No i'm not fucking happy about it mate! It's my exact point yesterday! Why even give them the opportunity!! And I got told by multiple people including yourself that UEFA can't do a thing about it, and it's expected, and people will just forget about it.

Nobody knew about the new rule they had brought in.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: April 5, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »

They can do what the fuck they want mate, it's their fucking tournament. Since when has UEFA done anything by the rules?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: April 5, 2018, 03:01:05 pm »

They won’t do anything until May, I seriously doubt we’ll get more than a fine.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: April 5, 2018, 03:01:10 pm »
Nobody knew about the new rule they had brought in.

That's a fantastic excuse for people lobbing bottles at a bus. Well no-one knew we'd get in trouble for it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: April 5, 2018, 03:01:12 pm »
What exactly will they do? Throw us out of the competition? These fuckers give racist chant's a free ride inside the fuckin' stadium.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1150 on: April 5, 2018, 03:02:10 pm »
@OliverKayTimes
For those asking about likely sanctions against #LFC, it will probably be a five-figure fine. I know that sounds totally inconsequential, but that tends to be how Uefa roll unless the fans dare to boo the Champions League anthem or drape a banner over a Gazprom hoarding ..
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: April 5, 2018, 03:03:01 pm »
That's a fantastic excuse for people lobbing bottles at a bus. Well no-one knew we'd get in trouble for it.

I told me nan but she wouldn't listen!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1152 on: April 5, 2018, 03:03:17 pm »

Aye which is why it's so fucked up,there is nothing preventing Utd fans mixing with City fans targeting our bus & City getting whacked for it.
Its bollocks & almost impossible to prevent.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: April 5, 2018, 03:03:33 pm »
They can do what the fuck they want mate, it's their fucking tournament. Since when has UEFA done anything by the rules?

Calm down, they won't do anything.

We should be looking for money off them for wasting our time with this shit.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: April 5, 2018, 03:03:47 pm »
What exactly will they do? Throw us out of the competition? These fuckers give racist chant's a free ride inside the fuckin' stadium.

Who gives a shit what they did before to who mate, UEFA can and will do whatever they fucking please.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #1155 on: April 5, 2018, 03:04:19 pm »
Uefa will fine us in the 100,000's which is kinda comical considering we get £2m+ for winning the game IIRC (regardless of if we get through the tie). I doubt the club will give a shit about the fine.

With that being said I hope the coach doesn't get damaged should we make it to the semi. We don't need the coach welcoming, which is a great thing, being tarnished with that.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1156 on: April 5, 2018, 03:04:37 pm »
I told me nan but she wouldn't listen!

:lmao

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: April 5, 2018, 03:05:55 pm »
Uefa will fine us in the 100,000's which is kinda comical considering we get £2m+ for winning the game IIRC (regardless of if we get through the tie). I doubt the club will give a shit about the fine.

With that being said I hope the coach doesn't get damaged should we make it to the semi. We don't need the coach welcoming, which is a great thing, being tarnished with that.

If it helps us win I'll be clearing out the ASDA's wine and beverage aisle

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #1158 on: April 5, 2018, 03:06:04 pm »
It was an outrage and an embarrassment for the club. In what world do you think they would not focus on it?

BBC has the bus as the top story, above the match itself, predictably.

The only outrage and embarrassment here is that some Reds are taking their cue on how and what to think from the BBC and the Mail. Football is war by other means. It exists only to forge bonds of fraternity between us in our quest to reshape the world. When I want an evening of light entertainment, I go to the opera. When I want to stand among comrades and prepare to smash the fucking Tories -- or in this case, their torture-loving counter-revolutionary friends in Abu Dhabi who are responsible for the misery of millions -- I go and see my mighty Reds, who are the aesthetic representation of our principles, and mascots in our war. Forget what you've heard -- opera is low art, mere diversion. Football is high art, capable of transforming peoples, cultures and nations.

Next time those shithouses have the audacity to believe themselves worthy of coming within a mile of our hallowed ground, I want lads inviting Raheem Sterling off their coach so we can shave pound signs into his hair. I want lads adding to Ederson's tattoo collection, inscribing 'Andy Robertson gegenpresses my ma' on his forehead. I want lads pouring litres of curry from John's Supper Bar down the interior of Pep Guardiola's polyester Zara keks. And most of all, I want these to know that the normal rules do not apply to us. We are not an entertainment franchise or a product to be marketed by suits at the Premier League. We are everything they despise and everything they will never be. And if a few generous offerings of ale should mysteriously go amiss and reveal that their coach is as fragile as their temperament, all the better.

What I saw last night was the birth of a new culture, with new myths, new confidence, new courage. If a bit of chipped glass on a coach carrying some no-marks around makes you queasy, wait 'til the next election. You might want to look into that Benidorm timeshare.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: April 5, 2018, 03:06:39 pm »
Fine schmine.

The real story is our battering of Man City, runaway record-setters of the Premier League. Our much-criticised defence reducing them to no shots on target - the first team to do this in two years. That means no away goal. Their record with Silva, Fernandinho and De Bruyne all starting before yesterday night: 25 games, 24 wins, 1 draw. We're the only team to put 3 goals plus past them, and we've done it twice.

:scarf
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"