Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2770400 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #56960 on: September 14, 2020, 11:45:54 pm »
Good win for the Packers, pity I didn't get to see any of IT. Surely Sky should've picked that over the Dolphins v Patriots.Rodgers supposedly played great, defence still leaky though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56961 on: September 14, 2020, 11:51:13 pm »
 Patriots vs Dolphins was always going to be picked by sky, being the first Pats game post Brady, & with Newton now Pats QB.
#Sausages

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #56962 on: September 15, 2020, 12:47:09 am »
Patriots vs Dolphins was always going to be picked by sky, being the first Pats game post Brady, & with Newton now Pats QB.

I suppose so yeah but two not so great teams, they missed out on a few cracking games.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56963 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:05 am »
I watched RZ instead of that game.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56964 on: September 15, 2020, 09:04:04 am »
I can't stop laughing at that Redskins name change to football team  :lmao

It looks like the they couldn't up with a name so decided to go with football team instead  ;D

I think the 49ers will have a similar year to what the Rams did last season a super bowl defeat hangover which causes them to have a massive drop off from the previous season.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:08:37 am by kloppagetime »

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56965 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:09 am »

It looks like the they couldn't up with a name so decided to go with football team instead  ;D

I think the 49ers will have a similar year to what the Rams did last season a super bowl defeat hangover which causes them to have a massive drop off from the previous season.

That's exactly what they did do.

and this is a general point not aimed at you, but there seem to be a few people out there thinking they're being daring to suggest the 9ers will struggle. They're not. in recent years the losing superbowl team don't make the playoffs again the year after unless they're the patriots.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56966 on: September 15, 2020, 09:20:32 am »
I forgot how shit those mnf graphics are.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56967 on: September 15, 2020, 09:22:25 am »
I'm not sure why but I really quite like the Titans, and their coach.

Maybe it's just that I feel like I understand what they're doing. As someone new to watching NFL regularly in the last few seasons I find that goes a long way (as well of obviously watching fun brilliant stuff from people like Wilson and Mahomes)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56968 on: September 15, 2020, 09:37:32 am »
My money on Chiefs to get back to back super bowls

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #56969 on: September 15, 2020, 06:59:00 pm »
AFC game is almost certainly going to be Ravens/Chiefs and its 55/45 who'll win that game depending on home advantage.

NFC is harder to call from the outset I had Saints in the NFC game but their opponents for me could be any from Seahawks, 49ers, Bucs or Packers. I think right now I'll choose Seahawks and again it's a 55/45 game to the team with home advantage.

If I had to pick the super bowl contest right now I think it'll be Chiefs vs Saints with the Saints winning it.

As for my beloved Pats.........I think we'll range from a 9-7 to 7-9 season. Probably not enough to win the division but I'm not frightened of the Bills team at all. Wouldn't surprise me if all AFC East teams had losing records this year and it'll be ironies of ironies if we're at our weakest in 20 years and still win the division. Even if we do, we're getting KO'd in the wild card game.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56970 on: September 15, 2020, 07:01:46 pm »

While so many things are terrible about the artist formerly known as redskins, this is one of their less bad choices, better to take their time and try to get it right rather than rushing it and messing it up.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56971 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:32 pm »
Check out Rob Ryan's shirt on this NFL overtime show on sky right now. Magnificent.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56972 on: September 15, 2020, 09:33:38 pm »
While so many things are terrible about the artist formerly known as redskins, this is one of their less bad choices, better to take their time and try to get it right rather than rushing it and messing it up.

It's only a temporary name for this season anyway, i'm sure they'll have a permanent name come the start of next season.
#Sausages

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #56973 on: September 16, 2020, 08:10:23 am »
It's only a temporary name for this season anyway, i'm sure they'll have a permanent name come the start of next season.

I really like the "W" and the look of the kit this year. Hope they either don't change or choose something that starts with a W.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56974 on: September 16, 2020, 08:03:32 pm »
I really like the "W" and the look of the kit this year. Hope they either don't change or choose something that starts with a W.

Washington Warriors could work, not used by any other current NFL team, not sure if any College Football teams use Warriors nickname either.
#Sausages

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56975 on: September 17, 2020, 05:59:57 pm »
For anyoned who used to read Drew Magary's 'Why Your Team Sucks' series on Deadspin, he's doing them again.  The old Deadspin staff started a new site, Defector.com.

It's supscription, but appears to be free today.  Lions, Giants, Bengals and Washington up today:

https://defector.com/category/why-your-team-sucks/
Some of the best things about that series has always been the emails from fans. This year no exception.

I’m English. When I lived in England I supported a shite football team, Everton. They make my life miserable every week.

Twelve years ago I moved to Michigan, and started following an equally shite team, the Detroit Lions. Now Everton *and* the Detroit Lions make my life miserable every week.

Without fail, my dad always reminds me that the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since the year I was born, liking me to a curse upon the team.
So happy these are back. Some of the fan submissions are so dark:

I lost my father on 9/11. I'm still not sure if that's the worst experience I've had with New York jets.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56976 on: September 17, 2020, 06:02:49 pm »
Unfortunately (but understandably) they've gone behind a paywall now so I'm unable to view them. A pity.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56977 on: September 17, 2020, 06:14:35 pm »
Unfortunately (but understandably) they've gone behind a paywall now so I'm unable to view them. A pity.
You can still view them. Just refresh or try accessing the page from here:

https://defector.com/category/why-your-team-sucks/

You'll still get the pop up but if you return to and navigate from the above link you should be able to view them.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56978 on: September 17, 2020, 06:19:28 pm »
weirdly enough I get the pop-up on some but not others.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56979 on: September 18, 2020, 05:06:33 am »
Wtf Bengals need to get their shit together can’t have your rookie franchise QB throwing the ball 61 times  :o

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56980 on: September 19, 2020, 03:17:44 am »
Honestly more that to use any nickname for any sport teams in the us, you have to get it trademarked, and that process that like 9+ months. So they can do all the trademark for new name or just keep it simple with Washington football team.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:50:08 am by RedG13 »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56981 on: September 20, 2020, 06:47:45 pm »
So watching the 9ers game, 2 key defensive players gone down injured in Bosa and Thomas, and Jimmy G looked dodgy went he went down injured, but has been able to continue and come back out  Mostert having an odd game - 80 yards for a TD first touch, then could have had another 60 yd TD, but for the holding; then off the other 5 carries, made 2 yards total.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56982 on: September 20, 2020, 07:26:28 pm »
Fumble
Fumble
Turnover on downs
Fumble
Dallas.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56983 on: September 20, 2020, 07:42:34 pm »
What's wrong with the gamepass, video won't load when i click a game on, trying to watch Niners vs Jets which isn't one of the blacked out games in the UK.

Checked, gamepass now working, wasn't working as i have adblockers on, cheeky c*nts. :butt
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:55:17 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #56984 on: September 20, 2020, 08:03:53 pm »
really worried about all these injuries for the 49ers. Jimmy G is out for the game as well with a injury. Does not bode well for the challenge this season. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:07:00 pm by scouseman »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56985 on: September 20, 2020, 09:29:15 pm »
Justin Herbert starting QB for the Chargers.
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56986 on: September 20, 2020, 09:36:50 pm »
nobody blows a lead quite like the falcons

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #56987 on: September 20, 2020, 09:40:38 pm »

the ending of that game was insane. 

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56988 on: September 20, 2020, 10:03:34 pm »
greg the leg doesn't miss those.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #56989 on: September 20, 2020, 10:06:21 pm »
I gave up on that game an hour ago, and then saw a score flash up and couldn't believe it.

That's on Dan Quinn. They're constantly doing fucking dumb stuff, and that cones from the head coach downwards. Should have fired him last off season.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56990 on: September 20, 2020, 10:14:59 pm »
Fumble
Fumble
Turnover on downs
Fumble
Dallas.

Also, 30 points second half to pip it. Can't figure this team.

The Eagles gave it a good shot last week

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56991 on: September 20, 2020, 10:34:33 pm »
Giants fear Saquon Barkley has torn ACL.
#Sausages

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56992 on: September 21, 2020, 12:37:54 am »
really worried about all these injuries for the 49ers. Jimmy G is out for the game as well with a injury. Does not bode well for the challenge this season.

Yep - looked like Jimmy could be out maybe a month, but Bosa (especially) and Thomas looked real bad.  Coupled with injuries before game to Ford, WR Thomas and Kittel before the game, and Mostert in the game going off injured too - Don't trust Mullen/CJB if Jimmy does miss 4-6 games especially without Thomas/Kittel to aim at, or Mostert to take the ball on the run.  Seems to be quite often we have more injuries than any other team in the entire league.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #56993 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:38 am »
all those betting on the 9ers not making the playoffs will be feeling pretty confident in their bet.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56994 on: September 21, 2020, 12:48:44 am »
Chiefs win in OT with a 58 yard FG, Chargers wondering how they lost that, very similar to the SB.
#Sausages

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56995 on: September 21, 2020, 04:35:47 am »
That Seahawks Pats game was awesome

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #56996 on: September 21, 2020, 04:47:51 am »
That Seahawks Pats game was awesome

Great game.

The Pats with Newton are a much more likable option, if only they’d get rid of the cheating c*nt Belichick.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #56997 on: September 21, 2020, 12:01:56 pm »

Nick Bosa, Jimmy G, Richard Sherman, Dee Ford, George Kittle, Raheem Mostert, Deebo Samuel, Weston Richburg are all key players who are injured and missed game time over the 1st 2 weeks.

You've also got Soloman Thomas, Tevin Coleman, Jalen Hurd, Ronald Blair, Jason Verret, Tom Compton, Richie James, Tom Compton, Julian Taylor who are all rotational players or depth that are injured and would have probably been in the 53 due to other injuries in Week 3.

Luckily we played the Jets and the schedule is kind up to Week 6. The injuries and conspiring to lose to Arizona last week, make me think the 49ers have gone from the small pool of teams who had a genuine chance to win this season to an outsider to make the play offs. NCF West is absolutely stacked and that's part of the reason the 49ers might bot make the playoffs if they carry such a long injury list to key players.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56998 on: September 21, 2020, 12:15:52 pm »
Chiefs win in OT with a 58 yard FG, Chargers wondering how they lost that, very similar to the SB.
Chargers’ rookie quarterback, Herbert, did an amazing job. Ran for a touchdown on his first drive, seemed pretty calm and composed and had some great passes. Still early days but he looked like the real deal.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #56999 on: September 21, 2020, 12:48:03 pm »
Chargers’ rookie quarterback, Herbert, did an amazing job. Ran for a touchdown on his first drive, seemed pretty calm and composed and had some great passes. Still early days but he looked like the real deal.

It was a good game, i watched it on the gamepass, think it helped Herbert he was announced that he starting at the last minute due to Taylor aggravating a rib injury in the warm up, looked like a seasoned pro, Chargers should have won that, Chiefs couldn't get anything going until the 4th quarter, Chargers had a nice 10 minute drive that only gave them an FG, Chargers should have gone for it when they were 4th & 1 in OT rather than punting.
#Sausages