Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Imagine not picking Trent you mad bunch of weirdos.
Alexis Mac Allister
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Conor Bradley
Harvey Elliott
Stefan Bajcetic
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Heritage on Today at 12:32:47 am »
I think that’s way too harsh mate. Some players have struggled a bit, but no way anyone has been an “absolute disgrace”.  Take a deep breath and think about those words “hardly any” of them. We have loads of positives from this season and our players have been great for most of it.
Agreed, I don't think we should be speaking about our team in such terms
Your comprehension skills are lacking. I said his touch isn’t as good as Odegaard not that he has a poor touch, I said rather than a 10 if I was to use another Arsenal player to compare him to role wise, it would be Xhaka. Xhaka is a very good player by the way and a better midfielder than Szoboszlai at the moment, his last two seasons including this one proves so.

What I don’t see is him being a great LW for us, maybe you’ve seen more than him but ideally you want your LW in a forward three to be a very good goalscorer, when has Szoboszlai proved to be such?

He hasn’t ever scored more than 10 goals in his career(league wise).

You said you don't think he's got the touch to play a 10. He does. Xhaka is a great player at the moment but no, they wouldn't and shouldn't be playing the same roles.

I wouldn't want him LW either but I'm just trying to explain where he was playing so well and why we bought him in the first place. It was not as an 8. Klopp for all his brilliance has misused him greatly.

Lastly on hitting 10 league goals. He joined us at 22(!). 33 G/A for club and country last season. And with having one of the best shots in the league, he'll score loads more in the right positions.
I am saying he is a bad player

I think he is an absolutely phenomenal athlete and build for football.

But I don't think he has the brain for top level football.

I wouldn't go that far. He may just not suit our style of play but yes he might not be good enough to win us a league. If you put the like of Kane in our team then I think we would have walked the league by now.

He was a very good player for Benfica and you can see why. He's just not converting enough chances. Will he improve next season.....I hope so.
Mac
Danns
Bradley
Gakpo
Eliott
Quansah
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 12:28:55 am »
Do you really think we lost tonight cos of the ref?

Do you really think we've been poor and had virtually zero control of any game since the middle of March cos of refs?

The refereeing is crap, but come on - get real.

After 30 minutes the free kick count was 8 v 1. If Leeds 70 played against the London ballet company you wouldn't get that disparity in free kicks. Kloppo spent those 30 minutes complaining to the 4th official about the soft free kicks Everton were getting.

We know the Everton game plan be over physical and turn it into a battle. So how the fuck does that game plan result in 8 free kicks to 1.
For the first 30 minutes Madley made it impossible for us to gegenpress and gave them 8 freekicks to load the box.

Tha it's pretty much impossible to compete against.

Mate we were making dreadful unforced errors with our passing from the start of the game. We had a warning shot with the disallowed goal. And we continued to defend atrociously until Everton scored. Then we missed chance after chance.

The ref was crap, but there are a million reasons why we lost. Most of those reasons are down to our own stupidity or lack of quality.
« Last post by telekon on Today at 12:28:36 am »
Fuck me Nunez scored 26 goals in 28 League games for Benfica.

Portuguese league =/= Premier League
« Last post by Jake on Today at 12:27:24 am »
Which is a different standard and league. I said that some players will look very good at certain levels but the EPL is faster and gives you much less time. i also said earlier that our style may not suit the way Nunez plays best. Nobody is saying that he is a bad player (far from it) but his finishing at times can be poor.

I am saying he is a bad player

I think he is an absolutely phenomenal athlete and build for football.

But I don't think he has the brain for top level football.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]