Author Topic: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG  (Read 72390 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: RedBird Capital to buy stake in FSG
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2021, 06:05:18 pm »
And I think they will dominate with other coaches. Mancini and Pellegrini are average managers, yet they won the league, and Pellegrini even got to a CL semi final. After Guradiola, they can get a really good coach who will far exceed the likes of Mancini and Pellegrini in terms of ability and talent. There is such a gap in levels between Guardiola and those 2, there won’t be such a gap next time.

So yes, they will continue to dominate. It’s like PSG and Bayern, they too win league with average managers. But with a very good manager they can dominate - Flick is a good example, he isn’t a genius coach, but with what is probably alongside Man City, the best squad in Europe at his disposal, they dominate.

Yet ironically they spend a fraction of what City do.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2021, 06:10:20 pm »
And I think they will dominate with other coaches. Mancini and Pellegrini are average managers, yet they won the league, and Pellegrini even got to a CL semi final. After Guradiola, they can get a really good coach who will far exceed the likes of Mancini and Pellegrini in terms of ability and talent. There is such a gap in levels between Guardiola and those 2, there won’t be such a gap next time.

So yes, they will continue to dominate. It’s like PSG and Bayern, they too win league with average managers. But with a very good manager they can dominate - Flick is a good example, he isn’t a genius coach, but with what is probably alongside Man City, the best squad in Europe at his disposal, they dominate.

Won't there? I don't think there are ever many undeniably great managers around. Right now there aren't any managers close to Pep and Klopp. Maybe one of them will turn out to be, but Mancini was coming off as good a CV as Flick or any other manager in the tier below Klopp and Pep right now. It's only with time you can say he was an average manager.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2021, 06:10:28 pm »
Yet ironically they spend a fraction of what City do.

Bayern?

Hard to use Bayern as an example of spending really, they work with different rules, they are out on their own in germany, they can get the top talents to wait for them and run down contracts for them. And they can take advantage of reasonable buy outs which are common place. And they can do rather dodgy dealings to get players like Gnabry. Nothing is comparable to how teams here for instance have to work.

They are also a super rich club, who can spend when they need to though.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2021, 06:17:41 pm »
I will agree that Man City's squad is currently stronger than it ever has been though. And really, I don't disagree that on paper they should still dominate. I don't think that they will with no Guardiola though. Other leagues don't have the rivals with the spending power or finances as the ones in the Prem, so the extra edge of an elite manager in Guardiola is more important.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2021, 06:20:12 pm »
Won't there? I don't think there are ever many undeniably great managers around. Right now there aren't any managers close to Pep and Klopp. Maybe one of them will turn out to be, but Mancini was coming off as good a CV as Flick or any other manager in the tier below Klopp and Pep right now. It's only with time you can say he was an average manager.

There’s always going to be good managers around, and up and coming managers making their way in football. And yes, I think there was a huge gap to what they had, to what they now have. And Guardiola will make the job a more attractive one to other coaches.

Mancini yes, happily conceed he did really well for Inter before domestically, although I seem to remember he was rather rubbish in Europe, which is always a bit of a warning sign. Pellegrini though had a rep as coaching ‘nice football’. Nothing much else. He was an average coach yet won the league and went to a CL semi final. 

What I am saying is - a coach who isn’t at the level of Guardiola will domiante at Man City with these sort of squads, I truly believe that. It’s ridiculous the depth they have, to the point of being laughable now.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2021, 06:30:32 pm »
I don't agree. They've won it twice aside from Pep with all the riches. Mancini won a title in extra time of the final day. Pellegrini won by 2 points and a slip. Pep is the only one who has had them dominating.
Now that they have been established as a top team, you don't think if they get Allegri, Ancelotti, Zidane, Naggledmann or Pochettino that they won't dominate.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:12 pm »
Now that they have been established as a top team, you don't think if they get Allegri, Ancelotti, Zidane, Naggledmann or Pochettino that they won't dominate.

Man City have a super expensive squad, but they are very far from being a top club ...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2021, 07:14:40 pm »
Man City have a super expensive squad, but they are very far from being a top club ...

He quite clearly said a top team, you then changed it to top club.

City are a top team and if Guardiola leaves then the top coaches will be queuing up to work with those players.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2021, 07:22:26 pm »
He quite clearly said a top team, you then changed it to top club.

City are a top team and if Guardiola leaves then the top coaches will be queuing up to work with those players.

To be honest, there are very few coaches at the level of Guardiola, and they prefer to work at the top clubs. Only a mercenary would agree to go to a small club with a lot of money like Man City ...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2021, 07:30:03 pm »
To be honest, there are very few coaches at the level of Guardiola, and they prefer to work at the top clubs. Only a mercenary would agree to go to a small club with a lot of money like Man City ...

but there are plenty of very good coaches who would be just fine with it.

A couple examples as of now, IF Nagelsmann carries on the trajectory he is on now, he’ll be one who will clearly have NO issue working for a club like them. Tuchel, much maligned here, but a very good coach and hugely better than the likes of Pellegrini, has no problem working for scum clubs like Man City.  There will be similar coaches available as and when needed.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2021, 07:36:21 pm »
FSG need to show ambition to smash through that glass ceiling.

Instead of ambition they repeatedly show mediocrity. Their asset is worth multiples of their investment to date and still they behave like bit part investors. Football is growing and growing. Covid will soon end and we will enter a period when the tech giants will compete for global football contract rights as it helps sell their other products.
The value of LFC could double again, but only if FSG show the ambition to keep us at the top.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2021, 07:39:16 pm »

A couple examples as of now, IF Nagelsmann carries on the trajectory he is on now, he’ll be one who will clearly have NO issue working for a club like them. Tuchel, much maligned here, but a very good coach and hugely better than the likes of Pellegrini, has no problem working for scum clubs like Man City.  There will be similar coaches available as and when needed.

Of course, there will always be good coaches willing to try the real life Football Manager, but to suggest that Man City will always be a dominant force is a bit too much. Lets not forget that, even though he has spent a ridiculous amount of money, Guardiola has failed to achieve what he was hired for in the first place, and that is why no one around Europe is bothered with his "achievments" at Man City ...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2021, 07:45:14 pm »
Instead of ambition they repeatedly show mediocrity. Their asset is worth multiples of their investment to date and still they behave like bit part investors. Football is growing and growing. Covid will soon end and we will enter a period when the tech giants will compete for global football contract rights as it helps sell their other products.
The value of LFC could double again, but only if FSG show the ambition to keep us at the top.

Tech giants have generally shied away from team sports sponsorship save for some general competition sponsorship and the odd sponsorship here and there.

I really can’t see them getting involved, not sure why they would suddenly see a need to when they haven’t before.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2021, 07:47:49 pm »
Tech giants have generally shied away from team sports sponsorship save for some general competition sponsorship and the odd sponsorship here and there.

I really can’t see them getting involved, not sure why they would suddenly see a need to when they haven’t before.

AI robots as players?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2021, 07:49:31 pm »
#SaveUsBazos

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2021, 08:10:45 pm »

To be fair Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl are already mercenaries for working Red Bull who are pretty much the definition of small clubs with lots of money. Then we must include Ancelotti, Blanc, Emery, Tuchel and Pochetino who have worked for the French version of Man City.

Are we looking for a football manager here or the next saint.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2021, 08:21:14 pm »
To be fair Nagelsmann and Hassenhuttl are already mercenaries for working Red Bull who are pretty much the definition of small clubs with lots of money. Then we must include Ancelotti, Blanc, Emery, Tuchel and Pochetino who have worked for the French version of Man City.

Are we looking for a football manager here or the next saint.

I was replying to a comments suggesting Man City wouldn’t be able to get more top managers after Guardiola cos they aren’t a ‘big club’, rather just a rich club with nasty owners. A suggestion I don’t agree with one bit being as there’s already plenty like Tuchel and Nagelsmann who are already very happy to work with the more scummy clubs out there, so there will be plenty available once Guardiola leaves for his next moneyed project.

So not sure what you thought I was saying  :P

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2021, 08:29:57 pm »
I was replying to a comments suggesting Man City wouldn’t be able to get more top managers after Guardiola cos they aren’t a ‘big club’, rather just a rich club with nasty owners. A suggestion I don’t agree with one bit being as there’s already plenty like Tuchel and Nagelsmann who are already very happy to work with the more scummy clubs out there, so there will be plenty available once Guardiola leaves for his next moneyed project.

So not sure what you thought I was saying  :P

Sorry mate it was a poor attempt at a sarcastic post. I was actually agreeing with you.

The reality is that usually the top of any environment is full of nasty people.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2021, 08:47:43 pm »
Sorry mate it was a poor attempt at a sarcastic post. I was actually agreeing with you.

The reality is that usually the top of any environment is full of nasty people.

ah gottcha!

And yep, pretty much true that, there’s a lot of it needed to get to the top quite a lot of the time!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2021, 09:07:43 pm »
#SaveUsBazos
We've got a Bazlfc, if that's any good?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2021, 09:10:09 pm »
Is there space in Kirkby to build a space port? Maybe Musk can buy us and attach one to the training ground?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2021, 09:14:41 pm »
Is there space in Kirkby to build a space port? Maybe Musk can buy us and attach one to the training ground?

Or maybe FSG can use this investment to pay for the capital projects that increase their portfolio. That would allow the club to spend what it earns.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2021, 09:17:26 pm »
Or maybe FSG can use this investment to pay for the capital projects that increase their portfolio. That would allow the club to spend what it earns.

Weird. I make a joke post about Musk building a spaceport in Kirkby and you turn it round to having a pop at FSG.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2021, 09:18:08 pm »
Weird. I make a joke post about Musk building a spaceport in Kirkby and you turn it round to having a pop at FSG.

It's not that weird.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2021, 09:20:41 pm »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2021, 09:24:05 pm »

No Craig you ridiculed a post that dared to criticize FSG.

If tech giants aren't involved in football contract rights then please explain Amazon's involvement.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2021, 09:28:11 pm »
No Craig you ridiculed a post that dared to criticize FSG.

What you on about? I didn’t quote or reply to anyone, the post above mine was Chopper talking about Bezos, which in turn was a joke by Samie, which in turn was a joke by treeless about a team of AI....

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2021, 09:29:45 pm »
To me, Redbird are buying a stake in FSG due to their American interests rather than LFC - which lets be honest, is only a small chunk of their fortune / assets.  But, if it happens then lets hope FSG puts a lot of that investment into the transfer kitty for the summer.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2021, 09:32:02 pm »
What you on about? I didn’t quote or reply to anyone, the post above mine was Chopper talking about Bezos, which in turn was a joke by Samie, which in turn was a joke by treeless about a team of AI....

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2021, 09:33:28 pm »
I love these two. ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2021, 09:34:30 pm »
Whatch'all bitchin'at?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2021, 09:35:10 pm »
To me, Redbird are buying a stake in FSG due to their American interests rather than LFC - which lets be honest, is only a small chunk of their fortune / assets.  But, if it happens then lets hope FSG puts a lot of that investment into the transfer kitty for the summer.

I would say it was the other way around. RedBird through their SPAC set out to buy a football club. Considering they had Beane and Scudamore on board I think it is pretty clear they had their sights set on Liverpool.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2021, 09:36:02 pm »

I never agree with Al when it comes to our owners, but in this case he is spot on. FSG should use the money from the investment to pay for the upgrade of the Main Stand, building of the training complex and the upgrade of the Anfield Road Stand. That would be completely in compliance with the FFP rules, and would allow us to remain competitive even in these difficult times ...

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:57 pm »
I never agree with Al when it comes to our owners, but in this case he is spot on. FSG should use the money from the investment to pay for the upgrade of the Main Stand, building of the training complex and the upgrade of the Anfield Road Stand. That would be completely in compliance with the FFP rules, and would allow us to remain competitive even in these difficult times ...

They can also use the investment to fund the academy, that is also exempt from FFP.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2021, 09:41:52 pm »
Whatch'all bitchin'at?

Treeless made a joke, Samie made a joke, You made a joke, I reply with a similar joke, Al calls FSG out and it’s my fault apparently.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2021, 09:42:07 pm »
I would say it was the other way around. RedBird through their SPAC set out to buy a football club. Considering they had Beane and Scudamore on board I think it is pretty clear they had their sights set on Liverpool.
There name sort of gives it away no? Unless I’m missing something and it’s a complete coincidence.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2021, 09:46:23 pm »
They can also use the investment to fund the academy, that is also exempt from FFP.

Building the massive training complex in Kirkby, so the Academy and the U-23's can be together with the 1st team, is an investment in the Academy. At this point, the upgrade of the Anfield Road Stand is of the greatest importance. An additional 7,000 seats, combined with the increased capacity for match-day hospitality, will increase the spending power and the competitiveness of the club, if paid directly by FSG, from the funds from the new investment ...

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2021, 09:48:13 pm »
Treeless made a joke, Samie made a joke, You made a joke, I reply with a similar joke, Al calls FSG out and it’s my fault apparently.

All started by you incorrectly stating that the tech giants aren't involved in sports rights.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2021, 09:48:49 pm »

I can wait till I get back to the match and we can all sit in the boozers and get our Abacuses out and start doing finance at the match.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2021, 09:52:00 pm »
I can wait till I get back to the match and we can all sit in the boozers and get our Abacuses out and start doing finance at the match.

I think Al needs a drink to be honest, he’s forgotten what a joke is it seems.