Author Topic: Kabak signs  (Read 163526 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kabak signs
« Reply #1400 on: April 10, 2021, 05:40:10 pm »
Carragher is such a fickle weirdo. Goes from over the top critical to then lurch back and say he was unlucky for the first goal (where he was caught ball watching after a nice initial cut out).

Also called Firmino's finish a miss hit, cos he doesnt like him

Hard to tell if its a concentration thing or a contract thing, but he was starting to fade again today before he went off. Robbo was annoyed at him for dribbling out riskily instead of moving the ball quickly, and he forgot to track a long ball and challenge for it in the minutes before he went off
Should never have tried to nick ahead of the striker, could have be turned or as happened put him out of position.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1401 on: April 10, 2021, 05:42:00 pm »
Struggled today ... both centre backs did in fairness - against a one man attack

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1402 on: April 10, 2021, 05:42:43 pm »
Struggled today ... both centre backs did in fairness - against a one man attack

Thank god Grealish was injured.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: April 10, 2021, 05:43:19 pm »
Gets nowhere near our team if Matip, Gomez and VVD are fit, would rather a top defender or push on with Billy and Reece. 20m could be spent better for me, saying that as I said only young.
Get your point that we need a top CB but Kabak is a year older than Williams, if you’re wanting to push on Williams then we’re better off moulding Kabak, he’s much the better player. In an ideal world we could sign a top CB as well as Kabak and see if he turns out to be a top CB whilst being 4th choice and getting games next to the likes of VVD. He’s certainly shown glimpses and he’s also shown he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game. He’s 21, I think he’ll get much better, whether that’s here with us it remains to be seen.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: April 10, 2021, 05:48:28 pm »
Gets nowhere near our team if Matip, Gomez and VVD are fit, would rather a top defender or push on with Billy and Reece. 20m could be spent better for me, saying that as I said only young.
Maybe not but he will only get better and which top defender is going to accept 4th/5th choice?

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: April 10, 2021, 05:49:40 pm »
Get your point that we need a top CB but Kabak is a year older than Williams, if you’re wanting to push on Williams then we’re better off moulding Kabak, he’s much the better player. In an ideal world we could sign a top CB as well as Kabak and see if he turns out to be a top CB whilst being 4th choice and getting games next to the likes of VVD. He’s certainly shown glimpses and he’s also shown he needs to improve on certain aspects of his game. He’s 21, I think he’ll get much better, whether that’s here with us it remains to be seen.
We seem so tight with money the last couple of seasons I would spend 20m elsewhere, as you say though he's young and could improve.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: April 10, 2021, 06:12:01 pm »

I’d sign him unless it’s a straight choice between him and Konate (who I think is a bigger talent)

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: April 10, 2021, 06:14:46 pm »

I’d sign him unless it’s a straight choice between him and Konate (who I think is a bigger talent)

I’d rather keep Kabak, I think he looks a very promising centre back and Konate’s injury history worries me a little.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: April 10, 2021, 10:34:30 pm »
There is 100% something in his contract that means we have to sign him if he plays a certain amount of full matches or minutes.

Made sense taking him off against Arsenal, seemingly to rest our main CB, but there is no other logical explanation for taking him off today or against Real.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1409 on: April 10, 2021, 10:50:54 pm »
Maybe. Problem is though Matip or Gomez can't be counted on because they are made of prawn crackers

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: April 10, 2021, 10:51:39 pm »
There is 100% something in his contract that means we have to sign him if he plays a certain amount of full matches or minutes.

Made sense taking him off against Arsenal, seemingly to rest our main CB, but there is no other logical explanation for taking him off today or against Real.
good point.
there is something abit strange goin on

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1411 on: April 10, 2021, 10:57:10 pm »
I’d rather keep Kabak, I think he looks a very promising centre back and Konate’s injury history worries me a little.
With the way we play, he doesn’t fit the mould as he hasn’t got the speed to get back as we play a high line. He’s done well (a few little rickets here and there but that’s to be expected for someone of his age and joining us at a period of crisis). I wouldn’t sign him for £18m though. Look at Tsimikas, £11.75m and has barely played and is third in the pecking order at LB. We need another CB in the summer but there’s surely better business to be done.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2021, 10:58:43 pm »

Fabinho's distribution is levels above Kabak's. It makes perfect sense when we are chasing the game and want to push teams back to drop Fabinho back.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: April 10, 2021, 11:01:51 pm »
Fabinho's distribution is levels above Kabak's. It makes perfect sense when we are chasing the game and want to push teams back to drop Fabinho back.

And Kabak’s distribution is levels above Phillips, so if it was purely tactical he would be the one coming off. Especially when you’ve basically recognised Kabak as being your senior centre back by him being the one rested during the Arsenal match. Plus you’d likely make such a sub before the 88th minute.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:04:35 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1414 on: April 10, 2021, 11:06:29 pm »
And Kabak’s distribution is levels above Phillips, so if it was purely tactical he would be the one coming off. Especially when you’ve basically recognised Kabak as being your senior centre back by him being the one rested during the Arsenal match. Plus you’d likely make such a sub before the 88th minute.

We are a small side though. So when you are coming to the end of a game winning headers in both boxes is crucial.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: April 10, 2021, 11:47:44 pm »

I'm not convinced his distribution is levels above Phillips. I know I'd rather have Kabak dribbling a ball, but his mid to long range passing especially in the air does not look great (it doesn't help him that all our senior CBs in last few seasons have had great range). Short to medium passing he's at least sped up but I'm not seeing it as anything special, or even necessarily noticably better than Phillips

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: April 10, 2021, 11:59:45 pm »
I'm not convinced his distribution is levels above Phillips. I know I'd rather have Kabak dribbling a ball, but his mid to long range passing especially in the air does not look great (it doesn't help him that all our senior CBs in last few seasons have had great range). Short to medium passing he's at least sped up but I'm not seeing it as anything special, or even necessarily noticably better than Phillips

Eh, I didn't say his distribution was good! ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: April 11, 2021, 12:48:37 am »
Eh, I didn't say his distribution was good! ;D
Fair..! ;D

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1418 on: April 11, 2021, 01:17:17 am »
He has done very well, coming in to a struggling side, and has forged a secure partnership with Phillips.
I think he looks too slow to play our high line though. He always appears to be struggling for pace, and looks really stiff running at that moment.
If we had to keep only 1 out of him and Phillips, I'd keep Phillips (as an alternative type of CB, and buy a much faster, athletic CB, rather than Kabak)
Would love to see his top speed stats, as my judgement on him is purely from my own eyes.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1419 on: April 11, 2021, 02:36:57 am »
Ive defended him and Phillips to the hilt and they have both done very well under the circumstances but i really want my VVd Gomez and Matip back. The more games those two they play the more the mean will revert and at a minimum that's playing two rookies instead of 3 of the top 5 in the world. You play two rookies they are going to get targeted and they are going to make mistakes, its that simple.

Ah well, they are more than good enough for anyone we have left in the league.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1420 on: April 11, 2021, 06:05:43 am »
The supposed price of 20 million is way too much.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1421 on: April 11, 2021, 08:54:58 am »
We are a small side though. So when you are coming to the end of a game winning headers in both boxes is crucial.

Born out by Phillips winning a header from their set piece in the last minute. That's why you keep Phillips on.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: April 11, 2021, 08:57:33 am »
He has done very well, coming in to a struggling side, and has forged a secure partnership with Phillips.
I think he looks too slow to play our high line though. He always appears to be struggling for pace, and looks really stiff running at that moment.
If we had to keep only 1 out of him and Phillips, I'd keep Phillips (as an alternative type of CB, and buy a much faster, athletic CB, rather than Kabak)
Would love to see his top speed stats, as my judgement on him is purely from my own eyes.

That's why i've never saw us buying him permanently, not for the price anyway. If we're playing a high line we need fast defenders and Klopp prefers CB's well over 6 foot. Gomez, Matip and Van Dijk are all tall, quick and comfortable on the ball.

In January I always said we'd have to compromise on demanding to get someone in who ticks every box (we didn't have the money for that). Kabak was that compromise.

He's getting really solid experience right now and has had to be thrown in the deep end. He'll be a good signing for someone, but we'd be compromising over 2 or 3 things with him. Height, pace and possibly distribution as well. That's why we're looking at Konate. I'd still be happy to sign both because we've got 3 players coming back from terrible injuries and we'll need Kabak or Phillips at least as a 5th option.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:01:21 am by Fromola »

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: April 11, 2021, 09:09:04 am »
He's been pretty decent after a shaky start but it's understandable considering the circumstances he was put in. I don't think we should sign him though. He has nothing about him that could make him a special defender and that's what we should be aiming for if we want to win on a regular basis.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1424 on: April 11, 2021, 09:19:00 am »
We should sign him.
If we buy Konate we'll have a bunch of CBs who've all had serious injuries.
If we have Kabak, Phillips, Konate, Matip, Gomez and VVD we can rotate between them to keep the main 4 VVD, Gomez, Konate and Matip as fit as possible next season, as for all 4 of them we have no idea how their injuries will shape the next 2/3 seasons.
Though you'd hope every check possible is done on Konate if were buying him.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1425 on: April 11, 2021, 09:30:06 am »
I personally think we should take him - as long as we’re signing another, more accomplished CB in the summer, a la Konate.

He’s been a mixed bag so far - he’s shown good aggression, the ability to read passes but he’s also slower to anticipate than he needs to be and has switched off on a few occasions. That being said, he’s only just turned 21 and I think he’s a good prospect. Let’s be honest here, he’s a better player than Phillips, but gets less criticism because he’s not home grown or as visibly good in the air etc (I like Phillips but the best move for all parties is a sale to a mid-lower Prem team who like what they’ve seen and will pay a small premium for his homegrown status).

He’s far more along in his developmental curve than Rhys Williams for example, who is less than a year younger than Kabak. Realistically we’re not going to get someone with similar potential for the same price and I’d be very surprised to see him end up back at Schalke. Give the lad some credit - he’s come into a dysfunctional, changing back line that has little experience of playing together, during one of the worst dips in form we’ve had in decades, all amidst an unprecedented injury crisis, whilst simultaneously trying to adapt to a new culture, language and country amidst a pandemic that will prevent him from doing the usual things that would give a young lad in a new country comfort and familiarity.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: April 11, 2021, 10:17:07 am »
We should sign him.
If we buy Konate we'll have a bunch of CBs who've all had serious injuries.
If we have Kabak, Phillips, Konate, Matip, Gomez and VVD we can rotate between them to keep the main 4 VVD, Gomez, Konate and Matip as fit as possible next season, as for all 4 of them we have no idea how their injuries will shape the next 2/3 seasons.
Though you'd hope every check possible is done on Konate if were buying him.

This is true, but that's about 30 million a year on wages just for centre backs.

Our wage bill is severely impacted by having to carry more players in the squad to cover for ones who are always injured.

Offline MNTY

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1427 on: April 11, 2021, 10:36:08 am »
Very impressed with Phillips only 23  i hope he remains a squad member, he absolutely went through  Barkley to win a header late in the game which put a smile on my face.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: April 11, 2021, 10:41:23 am »
He’s not quick enough sadly. That’s the only problem with him that I’ve seen but given the way we play, it’s a very significant problem.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: April 11, 2021, 11:25:02 am »
It all comes down to budget. For a 20 year old centreback he has been very impressive and if we had the budget, there is a case of signing him.

However, its very likely that if we can only sign one centreback then whoever that is will probably be first choice alongside Van Dijk for most of next season and therefore is he good enough right now for that?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1430 on: April 11, 2021, 11:37:11 am »
He’s done well all things considered but I believe for the price he would come here, we can do better.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1431 on: April 11, 2021, 11:38:40 am »
He’s done well all things considered but I believe for the price he would come here, we can do better.

Like who? Bear in mind two of our 3 CBs are 30 or about to hit 30 the profile has to be a young player

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: April 11, 2021, 11:40:13 am »

Not sure we can do better for the price.

However again the question is that by signing him we would have to sign another who is more established and probably better right now. Can we do that? If we could then we probably should.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: April 11, 2021, 11:48:29 am »
It all comes down to budget. For a 20 year old centreback he has been very impressive and if we had the budget, there is a case of signing him.

However, its very likely that if we can only sign one centreback then whoever that is will probably be first choice alongside Van Dijk
 for most of next season and therefore is he good enough right now for that?

Just hope whoever we sign is alongside big Virg for most, if not all, of next season.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1434 on: April 11, 2021, 12:06:15 pm »
I think he looks decent. Put him alongside a top centre back and he will flourish.

I thought he did well. I don’t get why he was subbed against Real Madrid last week.

Inexperienced but he was no worse than Tyrone Mings.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1435 on: April 11, 2021, 12:22:37 pm »

Inexperienced but he was no worse than Tyrone Mings.
Fair point. Mings sliced a few yesterday, and looked shaky at times. No point being a defender if you can't defend.......
I'll await the Monday night special on it. 😂

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1436 on: April 11, 2021, 12:55:03 pm »
Would definitely like to see him next to Van Dijk. Of course, if Matip and Gomez are fit they're ahead of him, but given their injury problems, the scenario could easily come around. I think he'd look very good next to Virgil given the chance, as many would. For the most part I think he's done well given his age and the fact he's stepped into a bit of a shit show. 18 million isn't extortionate but given everything else going on it's not exactly small change. If we can renegotiate the price down to under 15 million it could be a very good deal.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1437 on: April 11, 2021, 12:57:52 pm »
Like who? Bear in mind two of our 3 CBs are 30 or about to hit 30 the profile has to be a young player

Matip is as good as finished - you can't even rely on him to be a backup. If/When he regains fitness and we can get someone crazy enough to pay his wages he should be as good as gone.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1438 on: April 11, 2021, 01:40:48 pm »
Matip is as good as finished - you can't even rely on him to be a backup. If/When he regains fitness and we can get someone crazy enough to pay his wages he should be as good as gone.
if he's finished as you say then nobody is going to buy him are they?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1439 on: April 11, 2021, 02:39:32 pm »
if he's finished as you say then nobody is going to buy him are they?
I don't think he mentioned anyone buying him.